[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Back To 1989 1989一念間

sugarplum892

episode 5 preview 4:

Having allergies from dust doesn't mean that Wang Zhong En is the father. It may be possible that someone from Li Jin Qin's family have asthma.

Jin Qin seems to be hiding something in his body because he didn't changed clothes in front of Chen Che.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched ep 5. I will definitely watch this drama all the way through. Really enjoying the story. Time slip / travel is so much fun. They miss a couple of details in the branding of clothes etc, but for the most part I don't notice many mistakes and just enjoy the clothes and style of that time. The rest in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

I am also not sure who the father is. But it's kind of exciting. 

I hope he get to meet his grandfather soon so they can work on a way to get him back where he belongs in time. I wonder if he will tell his grandad the truth of who he is, how much he will tell... So excited for the development. 

Even though we saw the phone ring in the preview I almost jumped out of my seat when it started ringing in the episode. Someone seems to be able to connect to his phone. Is it through time, or has someone equipment and means in 1989? Perhaps there's is a bad guy who did this? 

This episodes cutest moment was when he stood in front of the mirror and checked out his hair and tried a little smile because he overheard her reading the magazine and commenting about him. LMAO! :lol:

Anyway. I am sooooooo invested in the series now. Just refusing to watch it Raw, or stream it, because I will get to obsessed then. Haha! 

On 3 mars 2016 at 7:08 AM, Angelique Salvatierra said:

Insert song OST 

Official Music Video

I like this song. I hope someone will translate the lyrics?

I really like that song as well! Thank you for posting it, I was going to look for it but wouldn't know what to search for. 

Guest AlexMao

I know many of you are focused on 

QNgBn91.png

I can't help but enjoy this (them). They're both so darn cute and well (IMO) he's sending all the wrong signals for her not to fall for him. To even things out a bit she not entirely innocent here either (but come on now who can so NO to that smile????). 

XusiXmj.pngT9bfElG.png2QnVRFv.pngEz1RBnE.png

My only real concern is that it may fizzle or be some really bad coma induced dream/story. If (and angry fist shaking included) it does go that route maybe she can be his savior or nurse (or some other "saving grace") for the two. 

On 3/7/2016 at 2:21 AM, visiopeia said:

I haven't watch ep 5 yet!!! I read comments in myasiantv site and many of them saying that Chen Che mom got raped and got pregnant... OMG!!! 

Oh no...I hope this theory is not the case!

On 3/7/2016 at 3:21 PM, visiopeia said:

I read comments in myasiantv site and many of them saying that Chen Che mom got raped and got pregnant... OMG!!! 

I don't think they will go in that route.

Maybe the mother of Ya Juan forced her to marry someone rich or even to Zhong En but then she really like Jin Qin and went to him but the mother did something crazy so that Jinqin will leave Yajuan but later she's pregnant. She's mad at Chen Che's father (maybe Jinqin) because he left without saying anything. 

Guest AlexMao

Can someone explain this scene to me? I understand the mountain of blankets bit but it looks as if Zhen Zhen basically booby-trapped Che Chen here.

vZH5KiK.png 

Just finished watching ep 6. As tacky as I wanted the guitar scene to be I still swooned and my toes curled. :wub: 

How much longer do you think we'll need to wait until they both know there's mutual attraction? I'm impatient. :lol:

Guest AlexMao

@scr0ll Honestly it's hard not to say they already know. From Zhen Zhen attempting to nurse Che Chen to the scooter ride into work [the way he looks at her the second time he wraps his arms around her waist]. This just feels a bit like mildang or push-pull, if you will, and it's pretty much a no-brainer to the people around the two that there is something going on [Zhen Zhen's brother as matchmaker or cupid or just all-around troublemaker makes their awkwardness just that much more interesting to watch]. Now if you're looking for a confession or something along those lines I would say it will be after Ya Jaun and Jin Qin settle what's going on between them (~1-2 episodes).

@Angelique Salvatierra Thanks for answering my question. I must have watched the episode several times and for whatever reason missed it each time. Doh! Now I suppose the odd question is, why not just use a de-humidifier ... oh well.

9 hours ago, AlexMao said:

@scr0ll Honestly it's hard not to say they already know. From Zhen Zhen attempting to nurse Che Chen to the scooter ride into work [the way he looks at her the second time he wraps his arms around her waist]. This just feels a bit like mildang or push-pull, if you will, and it's pretty much a no-brainer to the people around the two that there is something going on [Zhen Zhen's brother as matchmaker or cupid or just all-around troublemaker makes their awkwardness just that much more interesting to watch]. Now if you're looking for a confession or something along those lines I would say it will be after Ya Jaun and Jin Qin settle what's going on between them (~1-2 episodes).

I don't think they know about each other. Especially since in the last episode ZZ had to take a "test" to figure out her own feelings. She's just discovered she might have fallen for him. But she doesn't really know his feelings for her. 

I'm pretty sure CC hasn't figured out his own feelings yet. Sure he likes her as a person, but he is not at a point where he has acknowledged that he has fallen for her. 

We, the viewers, know and can see where this is going. However they are still pretty oblivious towards their own feelings, and clueless about how the other person feels about them. 

The situations they are in can still be interpreted by the other not to mean too much. It wasn't only ZZ nursing CC, his mother made an effort to go all the way there with soup. 

I'm not looking for a confession yet. If I brake it down it will be three steps: 

1- acknowledge their own personal feelings

2- realize/notice the other has some feelings

3- confession 

I think we are still dealing with step 1. It's step 2 I'm waiting for. Mainly because of all the lovely situations and tension that this will bring. I'm hoping. :lol:

Archived