Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loe

Can't login into my old account...

Question

Hi,

I used to be active on my old soompi account and i haven't been able to login into it since two months ago......Is there a way to retrieve my account?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Not to me, but @Hanyeoun has some work to do :P Hop to it! :P 

We don't delete inactive members. You're welcome to return whenever. Some of the old accounts have been deactivated but not deleted. It seems the same happened to your old account. 

ah, thank you for clarifying...... maybe ill let it go, since it will be new and my status there or notifs will not be there anymore, and ill have hard time to manage two accounts now (haha)... i think its been a year since i last logged in on the old one, so maybe it was deactivated. ill be careful from here on.. i should have asked here first before making a new one (but well, i need to make a new one to ask... hahaha):P thanks for fast reply... :)

On 24-12-2015 at 8:27 PM, Loe said:

Hi,

I used to be active on my old soompi account and i haven't been able to login into it since two months ago......Is there a way to retrieve my account?

Thanks

Hi,

have you tried the "Forgot Password" option at the login? It should send you your password or an option to change your password as long as you still have access to the mailaccount you registred with.

I'm guessing that's most likely the only way to regain access. Most of the time, passwords are stored encrypted, which means that without decrypting it (which is difficult if not impossible, unless you're a hacker and in that case it's illegal), nobody would be able to recover your account for you. Not even the admins for the site.

If you only lost your accountdetails (username), try logging in with your emailaddress. If that doesn't work either, please let me know what exactly the problem is (missing password, no access to registered mailaccount, etc) and I'll see if I can help you out with some tips :) 

2 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Hi,

have you tried the "Forgot Password" option at the login? It should send you your password or an option to change your password as long as you still have access to the mailaccount you registred with.

I'm guessing that's most likely the only way to regain access. Most of the time, passwords are stored encrypted, which means that without decrypting it (which is difficult if not impossible, unless you're a hacker and in that case it's illegal), nobody would be able to recover your account for you. Not even the admins for the site.

If you only lost your accountdetails (username), try logging in with your emailaddress. If that doesn't work either, please let me know what exactly the problem is (missing password, no access to registered mailaccount, etc) and I'll see if I can help you out with some tips :) 

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I tried that haha. Well, I guess I will let go that old account...The thing is that the email that I used for soompi is a very old email and I think msn decided to cancel it because I can't login into my old email account anymore. I just wanted to know if an admin could retrieve it.

15 minutes ago, Loe said:

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I tried that haha. Well, I guess I will let go that old account...The thing is that the email that I used for soompi is a very old email and I think msn decided to cancel it because I can't login into my old email account anymore. I just wanted to know if an admin could retrieve it.

Hi,

no problem :)
I sincerely doubt an admin would be able to. The thing is, if you can't access your old mailaccount, how are they going to identify you? 'Cus in that case, I lost my password to the admin account :lol:
You used to be able to change your username/displayname too but it seems they closed that option. So you can either stick with this one, or make a new account it seems. :)

17 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@sosooyah19 it seems you're logged in (since you're able to post). So what's not working for you?

i mean i have an old account which im trying to open, but since i cant, i made a new one (which is what im using right now to ask).. it might happen again with this account so im trying to figure how to get my lost password. my username then was jjongah19. ive tried the lost password and retrieve it from my email, but nothing seems to work for me to open the old account.

i cant access also to my old account... i was kind in a loop.. tried the lost password, go to my email and sent me to reset password (and not my old password), pressed the reset link, then it went again on the lost password... even if i try the new password, it says its not the password.. what do i do?

31 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

i mean i have an old account which im trying to open, but since i cant, i made a new one (which is what im using right now to ask).. it might happen again with this account so im trying to figure how to get my lost password. my username then was jjongah19. ive tried the lost password and retrieve it from my email, but nothing seems to work for me to open the old account.

You've had this account since September, managed 603 posts and over 5800 points... Impressive :D 

If you still want your old account restored, let me know. I'll have to call in an admin ( @Hanyeoun I'm looking at you) but then your old account will be restored as new :) 

13 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

You've had this account since September, managed 603 posts and over 5800 points... Impressive :D 

If you still want your old account restored, let me know. I'll have to call in an admin ( @Hanyeoun I'm looking at you) but then your old account will be restored as new :) 

ah ok...  so it will be bothersome to retrieve it.. yes im quite active these days, i would have used the old account if only i could open it but this happened... so notifications in the old one cannot be restored as well (coz its new, right)... maybe i just have to let it go... i just wish it wont happen on this new account (i might forget or be inactive for a while in the future..)

if i became inactive, how long the account will stay? i mean do the admin delete inactive members? just asking so i would know if i need to be logging every, say, month....?

Just now, sosooyah19 said:

so it will be bothersome to retrieve it

Not to me, but @Hanyeoun has some work to do :P Hop to it! :P 

We don't delete inactive members. You're welcome to return whenever. Some of the old accounts have been deactivated but not deleted. It seems the same happened to your old account.