[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @katifly1 @comicsuki and @junerain7 for all the pics, info, videos galore! Such an exciting time. They are still the same fun-loving, bickering duo - but there's definitely a deep understanding between them and something sweet. 

I decided to quickly translate the 噓!星聞 video comicsuki posted:

Starting from about 8 seconds in. 

R: Do you like us appearing together? (I think the editor is trying to allude to something dirty because the Chinese words for 'together' literally means 'joining bodies' - Then they immediately cut to R pretending to check M out)

Reporter:DuPi CP - Have your demands (for them) been successful?

R: We fought yesterday

M: It was the day before yesterday

Reporter: River and Megan haven't appeared together for a very long time - and they actually fought!

R: Because she tried to give me some pointers...and it was very good for me, so we were still discussing it. But I feel...

M: Right! It's all on me! It's all my fault!

Reporter: Apparently DuPi CP is having a fanmeet in Tokyo during the summer holidays.

Q: Do fans still call you by your character's name?

M: They still do. (Sees R side eyeing her) It doesn't happen to you?

R: No! It's just that you rarely come out. Everyone can't usually meet you right? The moment she comes out, I tell you, we all...

M: You want to fight right now, is it?

R: No no no! Keep calm

Caption - Empress Nuo Please Calm Your Anger

M: I only know Malaysia has... 

Q: Around how many people will be at the fanmeet?

Caption - What are you doing?

R: No, Megan just said that it's only right for the show to be broadcasted in many places

M: No! 

R: So everyone thinks that we'll be like that...

M: Long time no see, you're back again. I was just about to say that you're really decent today, but who knew you're still so dirty. (T/N: Nice play on words M there 得体 de ti, or decent, sound like dirty haha).

R: In that case, can we say it? What I said before...which is...I'll just ask you how you feel right now. Which is...

Q: Do you need to go to a small room to chat for a bit?

M: Honestly! 

R: No, at that time we... (M picks up her bottle to leave) No don't go!

M: At the start it was about setting the characters. Our personalities are both quite stubborn. And da ge (big brother) only accepts soft approaches not hard ones. 

R: That's not true. (M laughs) You're like that too. 

M: Right, but you're not soft!

R: Right, that's fine. 

Caption - Where are you thinking of going?

R: You're doing this for work. Work is good yea?

M: Yea, if not?

R: Or are you doing it so you can kiss me?

Reporter: Both of them will also prepare special performances. 

Q: You have to sing Japanese songs.

M: Really?

R: Do you want to sing?

M: Why don't you sing...

R: Something like the Dragon Ball theme song

M: I've sung before. I think everyone...

R: CHALALALA (T/N: Clearly he's all ready to sing lol)

R: At that time you all have to be my background dancers. And act like Wu Kong (monkey king)  and stuff.

M: Alright, I can do that. 

R: Really?

M: I can do Wu Kong

R: Waah

M: I can do all the handsome ones

R: So you all will dress as wu kong, and when you use your power, there will be special effects behind you, like an explosion.

M: Have you thought about other people's feelings?

Hello everyone!  New fan of "Bromance" and of this lovely pairing. I can't believe I've been out of the loop from this gem of a drama. Decided to watch it this year and am so happy  I did! Amazing off the charts chemistry which I haven't seen in a long time. I know of Baron and Megan from their respective dramas in the past (Ftly, Mars) and I remember hoping they'd someday be given a break and get lead roles in their own dramas. Very happy to see them flourishing in their respective careers, especially Megan! Love,love her effortlessly cool vibe! Thank you so much for everyone who's been giving updates of the couple. We all need some DuPi magic in our lives. Have had major drama drought for three years now until Bromance came along, restoring my faith in twdramas and bringing back my shipping heart to life :)

omg this group still alive xD thank you so much @junerain7 and @kiraning for sharing and the translation ^^ and everyone in this group who always sharing everything about dupi couple :wub: . of course i will be waiting for next translation hihi because i cant understand chinese :D but still happy to see this couple back together 

welcome @eckogeist181 to this group hihi :lol::lol:

I'm super happy that everyone is back to keep this chatroom alive. Coz from day 1 till now my love for RM hasn't waned so I'll continue to frequent this chatroom till God knows when. 

Welcome @eckogeist181. The ChuYan pit is large enough to accommodate all true RM shippers. :D We call each other BFF here. It's acronym for Bromance Forum Friends. I'm posting for myself and for others. I made a lot of friends all over the world through this forum. Although some are no longer active (for some reason many of them find a hard time logging), we continue to communicate outside the forum and like us, their love for RM is still strong. 

Thanks everyone for all the shared vids, translations, photos and comments. @kiraning your translation is still the best! 

I will share more...

1. During the press con, RM and MC Jin said that they are open to any suggestions again on what the fans want to see them do at the FM. 

2. River said for the ending of the promo video, they were supposed to meet and look at each other with a sort of "dirty" look but they changed the ending.  That's why the host asked River to demo what is "dirty" look.

3. Reporter asked River's first impression when he saw her at the presscon.  He said "sexy" and everybody's reaction "huh?"  Megan said she has lost weight (Megan lost 5kg since last winter. She adjusted her diet and exercise.). He said he can feel it when he hugged her waist.  River said everytime he invited her to the gym she refused.  Megan said you guys are building muscles but not me.  River can lift her up as part of the muscle building exercise.

4. River asked Megan to exchange clothes with him if she has another event after the press con. He said he could fit into her clothes! (Reminds me of the BTS when he used her white shirt without her permission.)

5. RM will be the cover of the SPOP June issue. (I want the magazine and the BTS) 

6. During the early Bromance filming days, they initially "don't see eye to eye" at each other .  At the camping scene, Megan kept looking at him inside the tent with a sad look.  So they had a long talk inside the tent and finally cleared things up between them.   (This part was not entirely in the video but was mentioned in the written news article earlier).  Megan said River preferred her to be more gentle and didn't like toughness but they had no choice because both main leads were supposed to be tough.  River said "you too".   Megan - "I won't go gentle".  River started to laugh maliciously and Megan scolded him saying he's "dirty dirty dirty!". 

(Translations cr: @niq8803 & @amyam01220)

Bromance CF Q/A

Q: What are you both doing here today? Is it to film something or…
R + M: We just happened to meet each other
M: Actually, the two of us will be having Bromance FM in Tokyo
*Woo cheers!
M: Everyone misses our beauty and our romantic-ness and you know….
R: A…. …Awesome video!

Q: What will the upcoming Tokyo FM be about?
M: Perhaps the fans may want to see some things at the last FM, but it wasn’t shown.. Which phrase (4 words) am I referring to? (asking River)
*River thinking
R: I’m not sure
M: “bu qi er yu” ( = a meeting that was expected, but happened by surprise chance)
R: “bu qi er yun” ( = unexpected pregnancy)

Q: After having not worked together for more than one year, is the bond between you two still there? Is the chemistry back?
R: We don’t’ need the bond
Q: Because the bond is there anytime?
R: We can show you the chemistry right now. Tell me what you want us to do, and we will do it

Q: How were the fans at the Osaka FM?
R: I think they loved the drama, and acted the same (as the TW fans). Especially at the end, when we had the close up activities with the fans, their reactions were very positive. It was good

Q: What do the Japanese fans call Pi Ya Nuo?
M: Yes, some of the fans did call me Pikachu

(Not sure what question was asked here)
R: Okay, then I wont go
M: Wait everyone, please get it straight. The drama name is Bromance “Ai Shang Ge Men” It’s not about the Ai, Shang, or Men, but Ge is the most important. 
Reporter: So he has to attend
M: Yes

R: Natural feelings towards each other. I hope that at the upcoming FM, we can show everyone the feelings that we have for each other and towards the fans. Through the show and the activities at the FM, I hope you all can feel the sweetness, the warmth, the friendly-ness, and the fun. 

Q: What is the biggest reason why Bromance has been so popular the past 2 years?
M: I think that everyone can relate to many scenes in the storyline, but there were also some unexpected plots. I think the most important thing was the chemistry amongst us cast
M: What is chemistry in Chinese (asking River)?
*River needs to think about this too
Reporter: “Hua xue fan ying”
M: You’re quite annoying (saying it playfully to River). Yes, it’s the chemistry “hua xue fan ying” between us actors. It’s quite miraculous given this place, time, and the opportunity to collaborate together. I didn’t think that it would last even for this long. 

Q: Would you two want to star in a Bromance sequel?
R: If it were similar to this one
M: Do you have to find a new partner?
R: No no, I’m loyal. Don’t need to find a new partner
M: But this whole time, you’ve been with a more boy-ish partner. Is this acceptable? Maybe do you need to change your taste?
*River speechless
M: Seee!
R: How about you? Would you want to change partners?
M: I might be able to, but that’s just me

Q: If there is a sequel, if there is Megan Lai and a Bii’s identical twin sister, who would Chen Chu He choose?
R: Megan Lai?? Is it Megan Lai again?
M: I will back out first.
R: They look quite similar, their hair-style is the same. Look…it’s Bii!

Q: If Japanese fans or Taiwan fans want to purchase..
*interrupted by River
R: You really don’t know what your saying!
R: The Whole World! (fans from all over, not just Japanese and Taiwan.)
Reporter: Okay sorry! International. English right.
*Megan sings a whole new world
M (in Japanese): Hi everyone, I am Lai Ya Yen
R: Uh.. Chen Chu He
M (in Japanese): Everyone, please come see us

R: To all Bromance fans, I hope that we can see you on August 12th
M: In English?
Reporter: See you next time
M: See you next time
R: See you tomorrow??
M: See you in Japan. Tokyo. (Cr: @amyam01220

18812511_100350857234317_437353817358257

18878884_149698072239061_408141171233757

18811991_1604623159611212_41493117737380

18879453_1934577893427954_65239753761027

18879574_1296427457123335_34474368124552

18161101_457901891229292_499724884895177

Bromance will rerun in Japan 7.23 Start 

『アニキに恋して』(全30話) [一挙放送][アンコール放送][日本語字幕版][HD] ・出演:バロン・チェン、メーガン・ライ、Bii、ショーン・シャオ 他 ★放送日:7/23(日)スタート!       毎週(日) 前4:00~6:30(3話連続)       ※7/23(日)は 前4:50~6:30(2話連続)

アニキに恋して Bromance Asia Fan Meeting in Tokyo Trailar

Megan musical this December 

To admit or to deny

She neither admits nor does she deny

Whether or not they are together, she'll never say for certain

Words may be lacking but gestures are abundant

Watch how he looks at her

Eyes adoring, caressing her all over

See how she reacts

She can't hide her emotions, it's welling up, flowing through her eyes

My heart goes out to them as I watch their sweet moments together 

It's an open secret

Everyone knows

Shhhh.... hush, let's be quiet

Do not tell

The whole world knows about them

During the benefit concert last June 9 at Riverside Live House, Marcus present Megan with 3 gifts - vitamins, balloons and ginseng soup.  Host asked Marcus to feed Megan.  Megan said both she and Marcus are handsome brothers as they are from the same   company, so they are going to drink the soup like sworn brothers.  Megan will drink from the spoon and Marcus will finish the whole bowl.  Then Marcus said (quietly cause his mic wasnt on) "like this River will not get angry".  Megan then teased him back  "Yu-Wei wont be angry either." (Yu-Wei is Ivy, his co-star in Back to 1989 and is rumored to be his gf). They were asked how does it feel like to be teased about their other half and she replied that it was just something made up by the media. The reporter said Marcus already admitted. He retorted that he didn't and Megan said if he said they didnt, then we didn't admit to the relationship.

Reporters then asked what's new in the Tokyo FM.  Last FM, they were on the bed, this time will she and River both kiss on the stage?  Megan said singing is no longer a surprise and maybe will do a jump over the fire roulette. They already kissed a lot in the drama, do they still need to kiss?  If the script will require to kiss, then she needs to collect fees to do it.  (Translations shared to me by several bffs, they know who they are.)

"Everytime I step on stage, I always act as if its my last performance. Everytime I get ready to step out from my space, my heart still flutters. It's because im not sure if I have prepared enough. Although each time I act like I am well prepared and it really seems like it, but I feel the trembling from inside me. Tomorrow, looking forward to hearing you (the audience) sing along with me, regardless of where you are, I will hear you. We will be there preparing for... your smile. 

Hi, I love Bromance, and I've been silent reading this topic since last year, thank you for keep us informed about River and Megan. Today I want to share with you a video  that I made about Bromance, let me know if you want english subtitles :wink: , I hope you like it :)

Archived