[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A short update on River Birthday project is below, @t0pino will update the blog and FB with more details & photos.

For River birthday project, we’ve decided to ask willing fans to write a well wish birthday message to be collected, packaged and be delivered. As the project launched, we thought to add more meaning to his special day besides writing him, and this is how the homeless shelter donation was initiated. So our contribution makes his birthday gift an everlasting one, have a positive impact on innocent lives. River once said his father told him as a boy, a real man will protect the less fortunate, women, children and the little animals. His father used to bring home little ones to play with him and hence his passion for homeless animals has never stopped, he himself has been an advocate of adopt not shop. The participated fans each made their charitable giving online and the collected honoree receipts were collected to be put in a gift album for him.

Fans from 15 countries of came together, to wish River a special birthday with birthday messages and helping the innocent lives, this gives us an opportunity to not simply idolize someone, but be a part of a mission to improve lives that are taken for granted, like his famous saying給予Gei-Yu; giving happiness is the best birthday gift. The 45+messages were all inserted into a fun gift box while the homeless donations were collected in a handmade album for him.

A big thank you to all who participated in the project and being part of the team. A friend helped delivered the gifts to his manager and said the manager promised to let him know, she also asked if it was from the same int’l fans, the friend told her yes.

Last note to share with all who have been actively participating since the first project, to the new welcoming fans, as part of RM team international - On his birthday, his manager texted the friend who delivered the gifts  – the text read "on his behalf, please tell each of them a thank you." Though he will have to wait until after his recovery and complete the ancient drama filming, he knows all your well wishes and giving.

Last last note, a TV crew we met in LA offered to deliver messages to him in Korea. Since it was a 50/50 chance he may or may not return to Taiwan to celebrate Mother’s Day & birthday, I decided to write him a quick birthday gift message, summarizing the great turnout of fans from 4 continents, the fans’ effort to have everything completed on deadline, while distance is a big hurdle for the int’l fans but each took action to show him love and support, and the meaning behind each gift the fans have prepared for him, and though we’re not always by his side, we do love and support him, believe in him. The day they flew from Korea to Nanjing, the crew replied back with this message – “He received the airmail and asked me to make sure I deliver this message, that he has received them and want to thank you all for it.”

Please don't forget to send in message to Megan as we are near the last 2 legs of her musical, you can share your life, how much you love her, RM love, your well wishes or anything non-offensive, and remind your RM friends to send her a message as well :D

I have a question just generally since River goes back and forth between China and Taiwan and Megan just did.  I thought you had to be invited by someone from China in order to get a visa to enter the country. Does that not apply between China and Taiwan or because they are celebrities? Just wondered what kind of hoops Megan had to jump through to get to China so quickly. Thanks to anyone who can share knowledge and answer.

3 hours ago, hyukjaeismine said:

Oh my gosh, he's gotten so thin :( (though still crazy handsome) I really hope he won't have to return to filming too soon. 

Well, he had been busy between filming and RTW so he said he lost weight and must eat after done with RTW. But now with the knee injury, he has a opportunity to eat and regain what he lose during his recovery.

Hmmmnnnnn... Is there news on the progress of River's surgery and recuperation? 

Actually, I prefer it to be quiet for now. He needs to rest and be by himself (& Megan) although it would have been better had they gone someplace nice and enjoyed each other's company rather than confined in a hospital and undergoing therapy. 

Sharing with you Tanu's MV:

http://youtu.be/RkB8qkJHHro

Just wishing that RM are together, happily reliving their memories of falling in love and planning for their future. (I'm looking forward to hearing wedding bells.) :wub:

FHM update. Megan is #1 with 18,239 votes.  

http://100sexiest.fhm.com.tw/pages_m/vote_personal.php?no=81

2nd to her is Puff Guo with 9,827 votes

Wow! A difference of 8,412 votes. 

@pechumori So, I thought to translate it, and after watching it I'm like....How do I put it...they hadn't eaten their meds, lol! I'm not sure I can do it. At least not in a short amount of time, haha. Heavens above I thought Megan was his match, this Xiao Tian is...in a league of his own. 

@littlesame This bears repeating - Lots of thanks to the team!! For helping us international fans have a way to reach River and Megan. Also lots of love to the nameless friend and crew member! 

@pechumori So, I thought to translate it, and after watching it I'm like....How do I put it...they hadn't eaten their meds, lol! I'm not sure I can do it. At least not in a short amount of time, haha. Heavens above I thought Megan was his match, this Xiao Tian is...in a league of his own. 

@littlesame This bears repeating - Lots of thanks to the team!! For helping us international fans have a way to reach River and Megan. Also lots of love to the nameless friend and crew member! 

10 hours ago, littlesame said:

A short update on River Birthday project is below, @t0pino will update the blog and FB with more details & photos.

It's done! You'll find all the pictures at http://bromancefansproject.blogspot.com.

A heartfelt thank you to everyone involved :heart:

Also, as mentioned by @littlesame, continue sending your messages for Megan at bromance.fans.project@gmail.com.

It is very beautiful @t0pino:wub: I fell in love with the gift box the moment I laid eyes on it. I am sure that River will love it and will be encouraged by the love from around the world wrapped in a box. Wow! It's brilliant and unique. All of you who worked hard to put it together are awesome! It must had been a backbreaking work and consumed a lot of your time, resources and energy. A wonderful work of love. I want to send you all a big hug and a flying kiss! Mwah! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :heart::heart::heart:

3 hours ago, kiraning said:

Thank you so much @kiraning. Your comment made me laugh so hard. It's okay, if you can't do it. I'm just happy that River is close to all the male contestants of RTW.

Nanjing airport photo. He looks thin and tired but still handsome and ageless. :)
credit: @瓶纸0219

5c51536dgw1f3xmfkos0ij21400qowlm.jpg

1 hour ago, hyukjaeismine said:

Whoa Xiao Tian is tall! You're right! @pechumori my eyes immediately went to River first! He's not even in the traditional suit and tie get-up but there's just something about him! :wub:

... without talking about his mane... ;)

16 hours ago, hyukjaeismine said:

Oh my gosh, he's gotten so thin :( (though still crazy handsome) I really hope he won't have to return to filming too soon. 

The TV company didn't offer any food for the Nanjing stop nor in Japan, L.A., Korea (1/2), not even in between breaks. For Nanjing, fans were the ones who went to bought drinks and food for the cast and crew, they said seeing him severely hurt and malnutrition is very heart breaking. This TV company is one of the wealthiest in China, to execute and manage such massive global project without basic necessities leaves me very dumbfounded, not surprised. 

One fan story to share - a group of his fans followed him out from the Nanjing University, seeing he and Wang Meng were fetching a cab, the fans offered the one they reserved but it was against the game rules. As River's team was on their way to the next destination, the taxi driver on the fans' cab told the fans River's cab driver is taking the longer route and it just so happens both cabs came to the same red light stop so the fans waved River's driver down. After a quick chat with his driver, he admitted he didn't know the route and was using google map, River's face turned cold and immediately discussed with Wang Meng for a backup plan, the fans offered to switch the cabs but the filming crew said it was against the rule too so River had an idea around it by asking his driver to follow the fans' cab to their next destination which the fans happily agreed. The fan who shared the story said it was such a tight timing because the traffic light can turn green any time, it was a bit nerve wrecking~ He stopped and thanked the fans before running off to the next game. The lesson of this story - make sure you have a very experience driver, even for the fans, because he/she will maximize your precious time and still be able to stay with your idol in a safe way :P  

@junerain7 It was Wang Meng who referred him to a top medical institute for athletes in Beijing, as of yesterday's update, he's recovering nicely from the surgery. 

Archived