[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

Thanks @littlesame and @niq8803 for keeping us up to date with what was going on in Nanjing. I watched the videos linked and am both moved at River's hard work and evident sincerity and really angry at how the filming's been handled. Is it really good publicity for a show to have so many of its stars injured? River and Xiao Tian's (ZZ doesn't even count in my book) injuries could have been serious and what I saw of the video where they were running on shipping containers hanging mid-air (is this show out to capitalize on River's fear of heights?) was ridiculous. Is this Mission Impossible or something? That looked seriously dangerous. What if someone slipped and fell off the edge? I know they were anchored by wires above them, but banging a hand/knee on the side of the shipping container could result in serious injury. 

But like littlesame and lovemarie, watch him limp about punching blocks out was painful. He just didn't give up and even cracked jokes about being in a wheelchair (hear that ms ZZ?). There's a famous saying that it's better not to meet your idol, because we inevitably build them up into better people that they actually are, and get disappointed when we realize that they might not be that great, or might be really awful. But I've come away from this show and River's interactions with fellow contestants and fans with greater and greater respect for him each time.

It's so sweet to see how RM brings out a smile from him just as it does with us!

Thank heavens he's done filming this scripted show. I hope ZZ is very happy with her "win" and that she never crosses paths with River again. Hopefully, the damage to River's knee isn't too great (I cringed watching him limp honestly, it must have hurt so bad) and he can recuperate with Teacher/Doctor Lai before returning to film his drama. River Jiayou!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's ETToday's article on Baron's injury:

http://star.ettoday.net/news/698064?from=fb_et_star

Translation:

陳楚河錄節目右腿膝蓋受傷! 堅持「跛腳跳向終點」
Baron’s right knee injured during recording of the show! He insisted on “limping step by step towards the finish line”

(I skipped translating the intro about Baron’s acting background etc etc… Getting right to the important part…

Baron has recently been participating in China variety show “Extraordinary Partners/ Race to the world). On Day 14 of the show (which is the last Nan Jing stop), there was startling news that his right knee was injured, but he stayed strong and insisted on racing til the finish line, causing his fans to worry and feel distraught for him. During the filming yesterday, it was suspected that there was an accident in one of the events resulting in a right knee injury, causing him to stop aside and relieve the injury by applying ice. The fans were there felt heartache for him.

However, despite the injury, even though it was clearly obvious that he was limping on his right leg, he strongly insisted on carrying on with the competition that he was in. Even in front of a group of fans who were filming him in the progress (see the link to weibo), he made all efforts to jump/limp to continue on, and fans felt heartache towards him. The fans cheered him on with “jia-you” “You are the best” “Brother really is a tough guy”. The accident initiated quite a bit of discussion. 

Here's the weibo video. I think it was already posted by BFF's here but I think you need weibo to watch it? I wasn't able to watch the previous links posted here..so I thought I'd post it again. Hope that's okay

http://www.weibo.com/p/23044443c2dcaa390fef1613b435bfeae2b1f6

-------

As many of us have already discussed, I very much admire Baron's competitive spirit regardless of his situation and in his ability to adapt. He didn't admit defeat, he dint' purposely show of too his fans how brave, strong, or amazing he is for doing so.. he was simply being himself. And fans that were there and the rest of us can truly feel that. This is true sportsmanship.

That aside, I'm also quite happy Baron got the extra little jia-you tidbit from the fan who showed him the RM desktop card for support, and loved his reaction to it. The RM fan that Xiao Tian carried with him was cute too! (He's also an RM fan hehe ^^, wonder where he got it from?? :P

And finally regardless of where he ends up in the final RTW rankings, he accomplished what he wanted from this show...making it all the way to the final episode. He made new friends along the way, and we are proud of him wherever he ends up ranking-wise. I just hope that after this he can be well rested and let his injury heal and have someone take care of him :phew:  (By the way...has there been any more updates on whether he needs surgery? :tears: 

Thanks BFF's for the ongoing shares, info, updates :lol:

d1785572.jpg

d1785575.jpg

Credit as linked

RM Update:

River went to the hospital, put in a cast and will having surgery for his ligament & meniscus damage/tore in Beijing. He has asked fans not to see him off to anywhere in the next few days since he will be very immobile. We'll see since some fans care about exclusive materials and special posts, hope it's nothing permanent, he already has one ankle that is an old bruise from playing basketball. He's scheduled to be due back at the TV film set on the 17th...

Taiwan info has confirmed Megan is already in Beijing, for work. The musical forum she was scheduled to attend late May has been cancelled, organizers said because the "guest" will be out of the country for a while, they may invite other musical performers to attend, it's unconfirmed.

Here's a clip of stubborn River unwilling to sit on wheelchair because it looks bad haha sigh~

http://m.miaopai.com/show/channel/~Z6~WebPQGmZgyjPHLhxEQ__

43 minutes ago, littlesame said:

RM Update:

River went to the hospital, put in a cast and will having surgery for his ligament & meniscus damage/tore in Beijing. He has asked fans not to see him off to anywhere in the next few days since he will be very immobile. We'll see since some fans care about exclusive materials and special posts, hope it's nothing permanent, he already has one ankle that is an old bruise from playing basketball. He's scheduled to be due back at the TV film set on the 17th...

Taiwan info has confirmed Megan is already in Beijing, for work. The musical forum she was scheduled to attend late May has been cancelled, organizers said because the "guest" will be out of the country for a while, they may invite other musical performers to attend, it's unconfirmed.

Here's a clip of stubborn River unwilling to sit on wheelchair because it looks bad haha sigh~

Weee~ Megan is in Beijing! :D I hope they can meet somehow, now that River has injury. He really needs someone to take care of him. ^_^^_^^_^

5 hours ago, safysace said:

Weee~ Megan is in Beijing! :D I hope they can meet somehow, now that River has injury. He really needs someone to take care of him. ^_^^_^^_^

From the pre-RM Megan I know,  she will not easily cancel any signed agreement especially when they are interrelated to her current work/project such as this musical MTW Q & A forum, and the forum isn't until LATE May so I'm sure she is spending time by his side.  Someone/something must be super important for her to have made this decision. Plus, this Beijing work came after the forum agreement so she must've accepted with some sweet intentions. The funny part is the organizers specifically explained the cancellation reason to be "the guest speaker will be out of the country", RM blessing is spreading :)  He had a choice to stay in Nanjing for surgery but chose elsewhere hehe~ 

Glad he didn't attended the for-show charity dinner banquet RTW hosted, I heard a few were no show as well. 

7 minutes ago, littlesame said:

From the pre-RM Megan I know,  she will not easily cancel any signed agreement especially when they are interrelated to her current work/project such as this musical MTW Q & A forum, and the forum isn't until LATE May so I'm sure she is spending time by his side.  Someone/something must be super important for her to have made this decision. Plus, this Beijing work came after the forum agreement so she must've accepted with some sweet intentions. The funny part is the organizers specifically explained the cancellation reason to be "the guest speaker will be out of the country", RM blessing is spreading :)  He had a choice to stay in Nanjing for surgery but chose elsewhere hehe~ 

Glad he didn't attended the for-show charity dinner banquet RTW hosted, I heard a few were no show as well. 

I'm smiling wide when I read your posts.....she must have to attend his surgery....awww....my heart is so happy to read this....thanks @littlesame :blush::heart:

6 hours ago, littlesame said:

RM Update:

Just my tot...

Please don't shoot me

I really don't believe that Megan went to China for work purposes.

I think it's because hearing that Baron's hurt.. it's such a big coincidence that her work is in time with he hurting/accident?!!!

Of course the press release will be for work, she cannot very well say "I have to be in china because my boyfriend is hurt" will not be acceptable if they are keeping their relationship a secret.

10 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

Here's ETToday's article on Baron's injury:

http://star.ettoday.net/news/698064?from=fb_et_star

I didn't know you posted the article already @amyam01220, I combined it with another news about the same topic

River Chen recorded the show with a right knee injury! Insisted on running with a limp until the end
5/14/16
my rough translation

Actor River Chen who made his debut many years ago, in 2008 as Dylan in "Fated to Love You" and later moved to the mainland to develop his career, returned to Taiwan to film "Bromance" and caused a heated discussion on both sides due to his high popularity. Recently, he participated in a mainland reality show "Extraordinary Partner" and during the recording on the 14th, the startling news was that he sustained an injury on his right knee, but he still insisted on running with a limp to the finish line, making the fans love him more dearly.

Earlier, due to a small accident in a South Korean game, ZZ fractured her toe and was unable to continue the game, leaving Sheng Yi Lun to independently finish the battle. ZZ sat on the wheelchair giving encouragement to her teammate. Sheng Yi Lun is in no condition to overcome an obstacle by himself and failed to pass two challenges, while on the contrary, Wang Meng and River Chen's combination surpassed the obstacles with their outstanding performance.

The ending battle of the Jiangsu competitive reality show "Extraordinary Partner" was held in Nanjing and the set of the first challenge was opened to the media for a visit. Reporters entered the recording site, and immediately their attention was captured by four giant containers that hung from a high altitude, according to the program group, in this round of competition, the "jumping Nanjing harbor", within the given time, the players must jump back and forth continuously in these four containers between the ups and downs and pass the two flags.

Although it was said to be lightweight, but it was 20 meters in high altitude, even if there were protective measures, the audience who saw it got scared, how much more uneasy could it be for the person standing above it.

On the day of shooting last May 14, during a program competition, River Chen inadvertently met an accident which resulted in an injury on his right knee. He dragged his injured knee and suddenly sat on a container for a long time, unable to stand up. ZZ who was watching on the side on her wheelchair, motioned the staff to send a wheelchair to River. But River Chen refused and sent the wheelchair back. After the emergency treatment by the doctor, applying ice compress on the injured area, River walks away on one foot to the car in a hopping manner, and rushes off to the next task point. The fans who saw this were very distressed.

River Chen was injured halfway through the competition, although it was obvious that he was limping on his right leg, he still insisted on continuing the program, even when the fans took pictures at the side. His efforts in jumping all the way forward, just wanting to arrive at the finish line as soon as possible made people admire his professional attitude. Many fans who saw this loved him dearly and said "Jia you!", "You're the best", "Brother is really a tough guy", the accident caused a lot of discussion.

source: http://star.ettoday.net/news/698064
http://news.sina.com.tw/article/20160515/17175447.html

here's a photo of the containers (Ariel on top of the pink ones) credit: @竹暮山月

69395d4ajw1f3uwqsx0vzj21w02io4qp.jpg

4 hours ago, littlesame said:

:heart::heart::heart: 

5 hours ago, littlesame said:

If the forum is scheduled by the end of May then isn't really she too early? Or it is just to have more time to spend with her man? Imaginations keep on running in my mind:wub::wub::wub: Hope we'll have updates if that happens:grimace::grimace::grimace:

6 hours ago, wink said:

Just my tot...

Please don't shoot me

I really don't believe that Megan went to China for work purposes.

I think it's because hearing that Baron's hurt.. it's such a big coincidence that her work is in time with he hurting/accident?!!!

Of course the press release will be for work, she cannot very well say "I have to be in china because my boyfriend is hurt" will not be acceptable if they are keeping their relationship a secret.

I agree she accepted the work mainly because he's in China working. The Taiwan info that confirmed she's there for work isn't her agency/publicist, it's from an entertainment institute so they won't include her if she isn't on their work list and they have purpose to cover her trails, one rumor is an award ceremony, who knows, China has plenty of the so called industry-only ceremonies all the time, they even name commercial property development ceremonies as "award ceremonies" (where they award random people just because), celebrities are often the guest of honor at these events, so I won't be surprised if she accepted the invitation (earn some trip petty cash haha) and then stayed for her man~ 

1 hour ago, safysace said:

If the forum is scheduled by the end of May then isn't really she too early? Or it is just to have more time to spend with her man? Imaginations keep on running in my mind:wub::wub::wub: Hope we'll have updates if that happens:grimace::grimace::grimace:

Exactly, unless she plans to be out of the country until the Taipei performance, she doesn't need to cancel this event which is a main promo piece of the musical, this did surprised many of her long time fans. Haha feels like the long time fans are being send into a constant shock of who-is-this-Megan? Just a girl in love~~~

Hai guys.. I'm back after few months in hiatus.. hehehehehe........

Happy that this ship still sailing strong.... 

Our Captain still trowing hint here and there..

Love them so much.... n MISS them so much...

*run to corner and cry*

:bawling::bawling:

14 hours ago, littlesame said:

RM Update:

@littlesame I think River ask the fan not to see him... because if they do will surely see Megan acting wifie taking good care of him. :heart:

Remember him saying in one interview "when you someone whose like you used to/like to taking care of someone...One get used to it feel like your conquered" 

1 hour ago, littlesame said:

Haha feels like the long time fans are being send into a constant shock of who-is-this-Megan? Just a girl in love~~~

Haha why do I feel delighted reading this line? :D shock them more.. haha

39 minutes ago, Nanahady said:

Hai guys.. I'm back after few months in hiatus.. hehehehehe........

Happy that this ship still sailing strong.... 

Our Captain still trowing hint here and there..

Love them so much.... n MISS them so much...

*run to corner and cry*

:bawling::bawling:

Our fanfic master... We need fanfic! We need fanfic! *join you cry*

In the meanwhile, so relieved she's in Beijing with him now. Her presence is important at times like this. What works? Throw that away!! Do it the Megan way! You go girl! Haha. Let's all pray for River to heal faster, with his lady by his side :heart:

Archived