[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

*tearfully waves reason goodbye*  Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most XD

Kiraning, what you did is beyond awesome, and you made me love them even more, which I didn't think was possible. Thank youu <3

Feeling like a lunatic, I was afraid to word it out but

@Rebby and @JenL

i find the way Baron treats Megan as both playful and teasing with a hint of "I like you that's why I'm treating you this way"? Like how young boys treat their crush in school.

I feel like he does it with a kind of crushing affection. It kind of feels like he's doing it in the guise of fan service, but he actually really enjoys the fact that he gets to kiss her ear or hold her or something.

My thoughts EXACTLY.
I swear, I feel like if she had ponytails, he'd playfully pull on them XD

And yes, he seems to be really enjoying it. Btw JenL, I always forget to say, thank you for all those very funny and insightful comments, they enrich the whole experience (the BTSes are like another drama we're watching) since I think you're always spot on and very good at reading body language. Even when you're not translating, if you ever get in the mood, please post only them :)

But I don't think he'd do this stuff to Megan is she was really shy and unwilling and it was one-sided. Or if she had a partner and seemed to hold back. From what I see, Megan also encourages him to keep doing things to her. She plays all his games, she laughs almost all the time and doesn't even playfully hit him half the time when he kisses her, she'll ask him to pull her up and she'll suddenly start leaning towards him...it's a bit of a flirting exchange on both sides...though definitely more noticeable with Baron initiating actions... 

Nope he wouldn't imo. Cause, as already mentioned, a very different kind of woman would consider some of the stuff he did harassment. That's why, while it is obvious by how he treats/teases his male costars too that he is a very touchy, physical person,  I REALLY don't think he was just as touchy/flirty with all his other costars. I haven't watched all the showbiz bts videos yet, but they make it very obvious that Megan encourages him/doesn't mind/does the same. I've played the game (with friends, not the ambiguous kind though, just jokesters), you don't do that to people when it's not welcome, *especially* not repeatedly.

And may I add, not just start leaning towards him, but leaning on him. Sometimes he doesn't move right away because she's still leaning on him/being comfy in his hug.

@kiraning

When I have time I'll watch them myself. RPShippers can sometimes be disheartened for little to no reason. 

Oh please let us know afterwards!

@dawnx

And after the amazing posts of everyone and your beautiful analyses, here I come with "omg look she spanked him" XDD (that's what I bring to the fandom apparently. I've learnt to know my place XD)

Worry not, for if you hadn't, I most certainly would have XD It's the highlight!

Apologies for my weird fetishes

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
YESSSSS, YESSSSSS! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT SHE HAD IT IN HER!
I was SOOOO sorely disappointed when she didn't follow him to spank/pinch his butt when he attacked her ear XD His actions were begging for it! Turns out, she just needed time to compose herself.

Oh Megan, how do I love thee, let me count the ways!

(seriously, you have no idea how much I'm enjoying it. or maybe you do XD)

This competitive troll's hopeful little heart wants to hear that he got nervous after the kisses and that she teased him about it XD  *patiently waiting for the rest of JenL's translation*  But even if it's not the case, the spanking (and various bits from the showbiz bts videos) more than made up for it :)

@jbying7

When I first read it I got depressed coz I want to go into denial and pretend Dupi couple have no life outside the drama...hahahahaha and that they are meant for each other...sigh...

So read it with a huge pinch of salt coz they seemed like questionable tabloids in China...heh. I equate them with US supermarket gossip tabloids like National Enquirer and such, which can be made up...

I even came across some news that Baron likes big chested women....ugh...do we really want to pursue that...

What does it say exactly? (I mean the juicy parts)

I think such news/sources shouldn't be taken too seriously, not only because of the source, but because it reminds me of the various rumors about co-stars that pop up in k-ent and are usually bogus. It's a different story if they're caught in a hotel/their apartment/something-really-suspicious though.
I also think that his playful, touchy nature can easily be misunderstood and cause rumours. And while I don't know how much they go back, always bear in mind that people when they're younger get all touchy and playful even more easily.

That being said, if he actually were/had been a player...well with that gorgeous face (you can spot the flaws but somehow they completely disappear in the whole), it wouldn't be surprising. I mean, would you *want* to resist that face and that bu*t and those eyes and that yesss (all coupled with a very playful nature) if you had the chance? XD Would you, would you? XD

The last bit, I think it's because of Makiyo. But really, isn't that the case with most men? Just like most women like...errr...choco abs and muscles? (fighting.hard.XD)
Yet most people end up with someone who doesn't fit the criteria, because it's not what ultimately matters.

IMO Megan is quite a rare breed, even more so among all the prim and proper damsels in the entertainment world. I confess I liked her a lot from the start, but she really won me over the moment when she, immediately after she was asked to act overly cute, did that motion to pretend she's committing seppuku (cutting her stomach). The world needs such girls/women badly XD Do I even need to say how much I loved her giggling at the dirty joke in public? And how many women would take some of the 'more disgusting' jokes by baron so well? I don't think he'll be able to find such a woman again, at least not easily :) And one who on top of that appreciates him and understands him so well.
They're two slightly unconventional people who are a perfect match (from what we get to see at least). But if nothing else, I think we can safely say they'll be friends for life.

@dawnx I think I've said enough already about how much I love your videos, and this one is no exception (teh music ;_;). it conveys so beautifully how when they're together they inhabit their own little world, moving at their own pace, with an understanding that goes beyond words. It's seriously humanly impossible not to ship them ;_;

btw I totally agree with megan, I find Baron to be like a big cute playful puppy :) i would totally want a friend like him (and I'm really not talking about his looks here).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TyreaI agree with what you wrote :)....anyway, I have gone into denial mode and no longer check out any "juicy" news about Baron...especially after the awesome extended special done by New Showbiz...this drama and the BTSes are simply out of this world for any TW drama I have watched....sigh...let's enjoy the Dupi couple as much as we can and as long as we can!  :wub:

@Tyrea I agree, I definitely think it takes two hands to clap. Megan is very vocal when Baron crosses the line and he listens to her and will respectfully back away. It's especially because of that that I think whenever he seems to 'cross the line', it's not her line (and her line of acceptance has certainly been receding further and further....) 

Did a part 2 of the manifesto. Pretty short because part 3 might be pretty long. And I also updated part 1 after I found some stuff in the thread @Rebby posted :) 

6 hours ago, kiraning said:

Did a part 2 of the manifesto.

Everyone go read it. It's amazing!!!!! :wub:

Thank you so muc, @kiraning!!!

Also, a few cute moments from a press conference.

Even though Baron is dead tired (as seen @3:14), he's not tired enough not to touch Megan. Even though it's brief, it's cute.

@0:08

@5:22

@7:44

They're just really adorable, okay?

(When I realize that micro-moments like these make me happy, that's when I know I'm really sinking in the shipper's ocean)

19 hours ago, kiraning said:Did a part 2 of the manifesto. Pretty short because part 3 might be pretty long. And I also updated part 1 after I found some stuff in the thread @Rebby posted :) 

Kiraning; :wub::wub::wub:  enjoyed so much reading part 2. My head and heart are no longer controllable  and reread part 1 and rewatched all the video you attached. Thank you... thanks a million. 

1 hour ago, kiraning said:

@MayL Bahaha! Thanks for your comment :D I saw it right after I updated Part 2. Just added a translation I thought was pretty interesting. 

Ohhh.... i am so excited to read the updates. Thank you so much. Even in your busiest schedule, you still complete for us. :D:heart:  BIG HUG....

20 hours ago, dawnx said:

Everyone go read it. It's amazing!!!!! :wub:

Thank you so muc, @kiraning!!!

Also, a few cute moments from a press conference.

Even though Baron is dead tired (as seen @3:14), he's not tired enough not to touch Megan. Even though it's brief, it's cute.

@0:08

@5:22

@7:44

They're just really adorable, okay?

(When I realize that micro-moments like these make me happy, that's when I know I'm really sinking in the shipper's ocean)

Thanks for reposting this even though I have seen it a while ago....the little physical interactions between our Dupi couple are priceless...that's why we shipped them so hard....

Not only do they have chemistry on screen, at press conferences or New Show Biz site visits/interviews, they read each other's cues well and this was early on at the start of filming...when Baron is tired or not sure, somehow he will give Megan cues to take over...whether it's a a tap, touch on the back or with his eyes...and Megan picks them up naturally and easily :wub: Sigh...

It's definitely more than a friendly tap on the shoulder...even Liao Guangchao (I don't know the actor's name) did the same thing to Megan but the feeling is different....

Both of them have something in common, they are both intelligent and quick with their responses although Baron is more dramatic with his actions, that's why he's so 4D (meaning OTT and loves clowning around! And I assume this is what 四元次 means coz this term keeps appearing with the description of Baron) whereas Megan is eloquent, she never appears fluffy or ditsy ;)

Megan can be quite fluffy too ^^ But I agree, she's way more eloquent.

A nice video for the two that was posted yesterday.

I don't understand everything, but they're so cute that I don't mind XD

@kiraning I can only say I love you and your write ups to death!!! It made this journey with enjoying Bromance, our Dupi couple so, so, so, so much more enjoyable and memorable. 

The same for @dawnx your beautifully done videos are a joy to watch and I love how you have met others who also make beautiful videos over at YouTube and invited them to join the shipping at the forum...you are awesome and influential!!!! If the Bromance drama has a fan's club, you and @Rebby can be co-chairpersons...not forgetting @JenL, I don't know what is your background, either you are a hardcore fan (and also Jasper Liu is your fav? I understand, the dimples..heh) or you are familiar/work with TW entertainment? The blogging and the almost firsthand news as well (近距离 is amazing!) I can go on and on....but obviously you are all my biases although to be fair, there are so many, many wonderful contributors in the main Bromance forum and they are from different countries too! :D

Anyway, it's "so beautiful, it's my life,..."  Hahahahahahahahahahaha...let's enjoy the Bromance journey together, thanks! 

34 minutes ago, dawnx said:

Megan can be quite fluffy too ^^ But I agree, she's way more eloquent.

A nice video for the two that was posted yesterday.

I don't understand everything, but they're so cute that I don't mind XD

When watching the video I had the impression that Megan is a little shy when Baron is so close to the face. She even smiled sheepishly, also with a look of those who look killer (laughs) ... Does Megan will resist? The two are so cute together that twist to get together in real life ..

14 minutes ago, nandarte said:

When watching the video I had the impression that Megan is a little shy when Baron is so close to the face. She even smiled sheepishly, also with a look of those who look killer (laughs) ... Does Megan will resist? The two are so cute together that twist to get together in real life ..

*faints*...the compilation of the vid is....:wub:  Baron is manly in that way, he's quick to respond (unless he's tired...) and takes more initiative but Megan is more measured but she also puts up with it...I would like to think she trust Baron to let him coz they are in the limelight ...he is magnetic(?) that way...sigh

5 hours ago, jbying7 said:

@dawnx your beautifully done videos are a joy to watch

Aw you're so kind, thank you <3

If the Bromance drama has a fan's club, you and @Rebby can be co-chairpersons...

That is very sweet, but also very wrong :D I would be terrible at that job :lol: (unless spazzing for hours and keyboard smashing are the only requisites, then sure yeah XDD)

A few cute pictures for our wonderful pairing:

yAjILnc.jpg

Seriously, how cute are they in this *_*

xB9Ebfr.jpg

S54z8Gr.jpg

sFIOfor.jpg

egFEKZ5.jpg

Oh, Baron :D

@jbying7 haha, Thanks for your kind words about my blogging! Yep, Jasper is my favourite and it really doesn't help that he's so beautiful every time I see him in real life! But I got onto watching Bromance because of watching Jaspers drama, When I See You Again , which aired in the same time slot before this...so I know you guys won't mind if I mention him and his dimples once in while. Heh.

My background? Do you mean nationality wise or blogging wise? I'm not Taiwanese, but i have good sources of news from social media I guess. Bromance has such dedicated fans that I feel like you get the news instantly no matter where you are. I guess I'm on Social media a lot which really helps!   Hehe I wish I worked for the Taiwanese entertainment industry! I'm flattered that you thought I might have or could! But no, I've just figured out a lot over these past years and subscribe to entertainment news. And found out resources from other dedicated Jasper/ Bromance fans...Oh and I go up to fan meets and have been through the actual Sanlih building twice, and understand the systems of fan meets, which I guess would make people think that I was pretty hardcore...but actually I just really like Taiwan, as a country, so it's not all about the celebrities (though they are the reason I go...)

2 hours ago, JenL said:

@jbying7 haha, Thanks for your kind words about my blogging! Yep, Jasper is my favourite and it really doesn't help that he's so beautiful every time I see him in real life! But I got onto watching Bromance because of watching Jaspers drama, When I See You Again , which aired in the same time slot before this...so I know you guys won't mind if I mention him and his dimples once in while. Heh.

My background? Do you mean nationality wise or blogging wise? I'm not Taiwanese, but i have good sources of news from social media I guess. Bromance has such dedicated fans that I feel like you get the news instantly no matter where you are. I guess I'm on Social media a lot which really helps!   Hehe I wish I worked for the Taiwanese entertainment industry! I'm flattered that you thought I might have or could! But no, I've just figured out a lot over these past years and subscribe to entertainment news. And found out resources from other dedicated Jasper/ Bromance fans...Oh and I go up to fan meets and have been through the actual Sanlih building twice, and understand the systems of fan meets, which I guess would make people think that I was pretty hardcore...but actually I just really like Taiwan, as a country, so it's not all about the celebrities (though they are the reason I go...)

I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO WATCH A JASPER/MEGAN DRAMA IF GIVEN THE CHANCE FOR THEM TO BE PAIR TOGETHER...JASPER BE A GIRL AND MEGAN A BOY/GIRL CHARACTER...KEKEKE

met a friend for brunch today, someone who got poisoned by me and caught up with 10 eps worth overnight. We were laughing how we never noticed Baron before even though we had seen the dramas he was in! Even as second male lead in "Fated to Love You", I don't remember seeing him at all! I watched "Because of You" due to Megan, didn't find Baron or the other guy lead (best Actor winner in Hualiu awards) attractive so was never interested to know more about him :X

I found it amusing that Megan said Baron will always be the best actor in her heart when he didn't win it. And the best actor turned out to be the one idol Megan was crazy over in "Because of You". What a coincidence ^^

30c6gra.jpg.abea4bd82a9a5b2c3622e59d8b58

Gonna translate two short segments from River's event today :)

2:13-End of video

MC: Today, if you wish to confess to someone, which token will you choose to give to show your intentions?

River: I feel that all four relate different feelings. For the paper crane, it seems like first love. Usually people don't give cranes. You might need to give it together with other things -

MC: A love letter?

River: Right, like you have to fold the crane, then put a ring on the crane, and then open it -

MC: That's right! You're really very romantic!

In this video, River had already made two choices. The first was the token (lipstick) that his old self would give, and the second was the token (paper crane) his current self would give. I'm just going to translate what the paper crane says (3:13-4:02)

"You're a romantic lover. Before your other half appears, you will often imagine how life with your future partner would be like. Your view of love is influenced by childhood, that's why there'll be a living room with a full length window, sunlight shining on you and your partner as you snuggle comfortably and have heart-to-heart talks, or just be in a daze. Because you love freedom, you hope that your partner will assimilate into your life. You look forward to the other person giving you a lot of trust and space. And you hope that she will be a person with dreams and who lives conscientiously."

River remarked that this assessment was very accurate. 

Archived