[Mainland Cdrama 2016] 亲爱的翻译官 Dear Translator/Interpreter | Watch it LIVE on Hunan Satellite, or its online site at MgTV.com. Exclusive Webcast on LeTV.com

-jade-

Xiao Hua - She made her own choices yet whenever Jia Yang brought Qiao Fei up during their conversation, she's acting all jealous. 

I liked when Jia Yang asked Qiao Fei should heartbreak makes you feel sad (this is after Xia Hua's wedding), she asked him if he feel sad he said he feels fine.  His answer tells me that he's over her a long time ago & see her as a friend & doesn't want her to get hurt and subconsciously he's falling for Qiao Fei. 

I like their current friendship.  I'm not ready for misunderstandings and heartbreak yet.  My prince Jia Yang, hope you stay true and true to Qiao Fei whatever obstacles are thrown in your way. <3

Oh, I think they edited out the scene where she opens the trunk of his car and thought the cake was for her but it's the one he bought for Xia Hua.  Didn't see it in today's episode.   

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too think that Jia Yang has moved on in his heart from Xia Hua if he ever truly loved her or it was just an infatuation or boyhood crush. I feel that Xia Hua knew that he had a crush on her and even though she felt nothing and kept telling him she only saw him as a little brother she still used him trying to stay close to his brother and get him to advocate for her to his brother. It was also a comfort to her to be able to have him devoted to her. 

I agree that she showed jealous tendencies when ever she saw or heard about Qiao Fei. It was like Xia Hua did not want him but did not want him to want anyone else either. Like that adoration and crush he had on her. I saw her as a bit selfish as even though he said he was not busy and rushed to her side she never once thought that he could be. Xia Hua could see he was changing and she told him not to change too much. He still ran around for her but she could see or feel that things where a bit different I bet. 

She did make her own choices to marry that guy to help her father and a bit trying to make his brother jealous which epically failed for her. . She said herself it is not about love. Well that guy will turn out to be an obsessed crazy person I bet and she will never be happy with him because I can see he seems the type to have wanted her cause she was a challenge and will start to crave her to want him and see him and his mind will become unhinged about her still loving the brother. 

Now we are going to have a mess. There will be anger and opposition from his mother when she finds out that Qiao Fei is with him as she has already ran her off once from his brother and she did not even like him. That woman is going to be a horror to Qiao Fei if we go by the opening credits. Not to mention Jia Yang's brother who is in love with Qiao Fei from the preview I saw he will not take it well to find out that they are dating and are together. He had hopes to be back with Qiao Fei even though she told him she did not love him, never loved him and only saw him as a friend. Then I have to wonder about when Xia Hua finds out that Qiao Fei was the woman that he was talking about he liked she will be mad about that as well although its not her business since she married another man. 

Looks like in the previews I saw that Qiao Fei opens the trunk and sees the roses shaped as a heart and misunderstands thinking perhaps it is for someone else from her face. But Jia Yang I think tells her its for her and he kisses her like in the opening. 

I hope that we have a bit more of them just spending time together before others jump in to try to keep them from being together. I enjoy seeing them hang out together and he seems happy to have her as a friend although she constantly chatters like a chipmunk and does not know how to butt out or not to cross boundaries and she jumps in head first without knowing the entire situation. It seems to work for them though as I can tell he is slowly realizing what a gem she truly is. 

Finally got to see the latest episodes. I agree, JY is getting over his infatuation. He still cares for her but the more time he spends with QF and litte acts here and there as Jia Yi said the more time you spend you become friends can become lovers. It is so true.

QF is realizing she likes JY but I can understand her wanting to be his friend but also I would not want to be with a man (though how much I like him) if he is not liking me.

I found it interesting but cute that QF took back he was a coward but a good guy. She realized he does care for XH and QF may be an annoying and chattering magpie fluttering around JY but he knows she is being sincere. Though it pains her to see him not happy and to her not attempting to try to say anything directly. I am glad JY decides to directly tell her finally after XH announces she is getting engaged. Even if not for love she wants it , it is for a business merger. I have to give the guy credit, he will look the other way if she does the same. At least he is not hiding it and as long as she makes everyone around him envy that he has XH. So superficial but it is not about love and frankly they will not be the first nor last couple to be coupled less for love. Love is great and all but after the passion dies, you have to like and communicate the person you are with. If you cannot even respect or like being around them there is a problem. Too whirlwind for me. But XH is such a snob. She showed flashes of it and when she found out QF typed the note XH was ticked and doesn't want to be compared to her. That low blow how QF is friends with her fiance's lover doesn't surprise her being poor and grasping Wow! You are not any better just because you came from a better family background you are just a pawn.

It was interesting how the maid decided to call QF to check on JY who did not eat and was constantly sleeping in his depression. True to QF fashion she is impulsive and makes him leave home to go to the mountain top. Obviously forgot stuff and blaming JY forgetting his cell he barely left with his shoes. But it was sweet of her to share about "the scret' and positive thoughts and thinking ( I actually never read the book but believe in that philosophy.) I liked she shared her wish about her mom. Just JY to not share any details but good for QF for calling him on it and if he really is her friend he should attend XH wedding.

The neighbor and fellow teacher finally seeing QF was hilarious and JY blatantly lying to him saying it was NOT QF he saw. LOL.I am still smiling chuckling over how lucky JY has a gf with a great body. LOL.

Hao Ke totallly has a crush on QF. As Jia Yi said there is no completely platonic friend and classmate who always is attentive to you and he even admitted as much-you are the only classmate I pay attention too when he shared the winery part time job offer. Also the fact he bough her lunch and offered to drive her home due to her sprained ankle. Or even trying to keep her up---why did not she not get crutches, not realistic to hop around the way she is doing.

I like seeing JY getting a bit jealous and not completely feeling like a friend to her. The look of -where did she go when he expected to take her home after school. The lunch he ordered was luxurious and Hao Ke had the grace to say-oh you should ignore my lunch and eat this one. (But it does raise suspicions but JY did keep his promise).

I am glad JY had the grace to apologize for screaming at QF when she was eating the bday cake and asked what was that QH and she called to let you know she is engaged. Jia Yi is the voice that reminds the innocent QF to realize what she is feeling. They keep each other in check. I love these besties teasing each other about their men.

Or how JY carried QF and they made it back thanks to QF emergency 20 yuan that came in handy to get back to the city. He likes to tease her but even for friends the fact he cooked ramen for her at his friend's restaurant-of course he is going to ask if you are dating. It was sweet of him to cook for her after finding out QF bday. Later when after the wedding, he thoughtfully cooked ramen again but I loved how he was taking care of her. Sure all in the name of his reputation and his intern has to be stellar and do well. Sure Jia Yang uh huh you are just slowly loving our Qiao Fei. Even to the outsiders they look like a couple that are courting. Or the fact Jia Yi found expensive cherries in the fridge and other foods. Obviously our heroine has no money and cannot buy it so she was right to guess Jia Yang and it is a matter of time.

Huang Xuan has me hooked ---he is charismatic and I love his hair style . I love how he looked riled up confronting Gao Ming Ge at XH wedding . Or how soft he looks looking at QF when making the ramen for her bday or how he looked anxious when he could not find her.

The previews as others have said have no rhym or reason. I know their partnership will not be smooth sailing due to her situation they are going to think she is using her whiles to get ahead and not her skills. I mean XH hinted at it, QF has skills legitimate skills and hard work.

From the previews despite XH note and QF having hardship giving it to him. I think it is cool that JY came to her home town to let her know he got an offer to be abroad and still had not decided. I liked she saw the romantic roses in the trunk. With my chinese skills I gathered ---oops no for me (QF remembered the cake incident).  He said it is for you if you will have me . When QF says yes and they kiss---yes he studied her book well and decided to not wait and be honest and move forward. He could have tried with XH but even if he tried to date her -she always pushed him aside for GM and you cannot undo thinking someone as a little bro that easily.

I love our OTP and their interactions. JY liking XH is open secret so how could XH not know? But alas she still married that guy. So frankly she is married and she writes that note (I doubt she is divorced that quickly) to try being happy with JY I am glad he chose QF and not being second choice and being ignored so long.

I know I am all over the place spazzing. But I am looking forward to more scenes of our OTP .

His mom is a mess.. QF has lied to the brother I think about approaching his mom for the money. She is trying to prolly not wanting him angry at his mother. I am unsure if she really took that money for her mothers care or the guy did and QF just went along with it. Either way is she unaware who JY's brother is. Cause his mom is never going to agree to this because of her attitude about her not being good enough for the adopted son and paying her off. The woman did not even know that QF was suppose to have asked for more money. So it makes me wonder if she really did or he took that money. 

The episode 15 and 16 I saw where different than another version I saw today. I am worried about QF not being able to work in the booth it seems there is something more serious going on.. QF seems to have headaches and I wonder if it means she will be found to have a tumor or something. The preview I saw at the end of 16 shows JY's brother shows up at her house and is running his mouth and she collapses. 

8 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

His mom is a mess.. QF has lied to the brother I think about approaching his mom for the money. She is trying to prolly not wanting him angry at his mother. I am unsure if she really took that money for her mothers care or the guy did and QF just went along with it. Either way is she unaware who JY's brother is. Cause his mom is never going to agree to this because of her attitude about her not being good enough for the adopted son and paying her off. The woman did not even know that QF was suppose to have asked for more money. So it makes me wonder if she really did or he took that money. 

The episode 15 and 16 I saw where different than another version I saw today. I am worried about QF not being able to work in the booth it seems there is something more serious going on.. QF seems to have headaches and I wonder if it means she will be found to have a tumor or something. The preview I saw at the end of 16 shows JY's brother shows up at her house and is running his mouth and she collapses. 

The episode 16 ends where QF is in Swiss with CJY. To me, she has the same disease as her mother. it is said that this disease is hereditary. Gao  knows about her mother's diseasew that's why he changed his field (neurology) and started study this particular disease.

As for XH, I see her as a spoiled brat who thinks too highly of herself. She sees CJY as her companion... she knew deep down that he loved her, but she used him to get hold of Gao but also she could feel better as CJY treated her very well. She was compensating her frustration with Gao through CJY. I am glad that CJY is moving on from that self-centered woman. She is jealous of QF, she looks down on her because of her social situation. However, QF is more brave and intelligent in my opinion. XH's marriage was just a stupid move, especially when she thinks, she can keep using CJY as her pet. I am looking forward to seeing her reaction when she discovers that both brothers love QF, quite a blow to her pride and face. To me, her flaw is coming from her father who has raised her thinking like she was a treasure and no woman could compare to her. 

Yes, looks like same illness as her mom.  She'll push JY away w/ JM help. T__T

This particular scene is popular on weibo, looks at tears spilling out when he asked her what did he do wrong and why does she want to break up with him. 

005AQpiYjw1f4ef1swnvmg30b406okjm.gif

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The episode 16 ends where QF is in Swiss with CJY. To me, she has the same disease as her mother. it is said that this disease is hereditary. Gao  knows about her mother's diseasew that's why he changed his field (neurology) and started study this particular disease.

As for XH, I see her as a spoiled brat who thinks too highly of herself. She sees CJY as her companion... she knew deep down that he loved her, but she used him to get hold of Gao but also she could feel better as CJY treated her very well. She was compensating her frustration with Gao through CJY. I am glad that CJY is moving on from that self-centered woman. She is jealous of QF, she looks down on her because of her social situation. However, QF is more brave and intelligent in my opinion. XH's marriage was just a stupid move, especially when she thinks, she can keep using CJY as her pet. I am looking forward to seeing her reaction when she discovers that both brothers love QF, quite a blow to her pride and face. To me, her flaw is coming from her father who has raised her thinking like she was a treasure and no woman could compare to her. 

You are right about XH the sad thing is she has tied herself to a man she can't even begin to love. She did this for a father who says she is his greatest treasure but to me it meant he used her for his own gain. It was not a love that he should have thought precious. XH was a tool and she should want to do something to repay him for allowing her into the world. Too bad I see him finding out way too late that his child should have really been encouraged to not be with that man as he is a bit nutty. 

We can already see where he is changing and it is only going to get worse. Before he told XH to look the other way a few times (meaning ignore his affairs) now that he is married to her and she is doing just that he wants to be jealous of JY. He knew that JY had a crush on XH or loved her too it was obvious to everyone. I guess his affairs are ok as long as HE feels they have no meaning and he is a man so anyone who says anything it does not matter. But XH out with a friend he will be jealous. SMH.. that showed me that this man will only progress into a jealous madness because this woman will never be able to love him like he wanted or craved from her. He wants to be seen as better than JY and/or Gao and will never get that from her. 

XH is indeed jealous of QF. QF has shown that she is willing to go through a lot to live her life and accomplish her dream. XH is just a pretty doll that her father totes out. XH will loose it to find out that not only did Gao love QF during the time he will not talk about to her and still does but that her little pet JY is in love with her too and she is going to loose his adoration or has. It is a shame since like you I saw her as a spoiled brat who used his love against him for her own means. It was a form of manipulation and as long as he kept coming back she continued. Now that he has started having feelings for QF (or even just that friendship) that cycle is broken and she will not know how to handle it. It shows a level of selfishness and inconsideration for JY as a person. 

XH thinks with his appointment in Switzerland that she will have the same level of control over JY and his running to her and hanging out with her to appease her loneliness but she will be in for a huge shock when he comes with QF in tow. I am sure we will see her have more to say to JY about his relationship with QF over stepping her boundaries and I hope to see him shut her down just like she did him when he tried to make her see reason over why she was marrying that man. It is time she gets that she has no more control or a place in his heart anymore.  That he truly only sees her as a sister. 

I was moving towards QF having the same disease as her mother. From the opening credits we see QF in hospital jammies and a close knit cap so she at some point will have had surgery on her head. 

The main OTP is all sorts of cute, and their interactions definitely elevate the mediocre script. Can't wait until the "JiaFei" couple come clean about their feelings for each other.

@Ldy Gmerm The reason why XH's father never accepted Gao was because he was adopted and he would bring nothing good to his business. Like you said, he has treated XH as his tool and treasure in order to improve his business. As for Gao's mother, I guess, she wanted Gao to marry XH because this would improve his social status as he is still seen as an adopted son. The mother knew about CJY's infatuation for XH, but since she knew about XH's obsession for Gao, she saw this as an opportunity to help Gao's situation. For her, CJY can get any woman from a cretain social status, but for Gao it's different.

I hope, the friendship between QF and CJY will change very soon. Actually, QF already loves CJY, yet she still thinks, CJY loves XH. She hasn't realised that he has moved on.

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Ldy Gmerm The reason why XH's father never accepted Gao was because he was adopted and he would bring nothing good to his business. Like you said, he has treated XH as his tool and treasure in order to improve his business. As for Gao's mother, I guess, she wanted Gao to marry XH because this would improve his social status as he is still seen as an adopted son. The mother knew about CJY's infatuation for XH, but since she knew about XH's obsession for Gao, she saw this as an opportunity to help Gao's situation. For her, CJY can get any woman from a cretain social status, but for Gao it's different.

I hope, the friendship between QF and CJY will change very soon. Actually, QF already loves CJY, yet she still thinks, CJY loves XH. She hasn't realised that he has moved on.

Yes, that is true, QF already likes JY. Her friend has made mention of it a few times and you can see from her actions and expressions on screen that she is also starting to realize where her heart is. You can see the dismay when he ran off for XH when she calls. It will surprise her to find out that his feelings have changed and I think he tells her that in the trunk scene when he confesses to her. 

I knew why XH's father did not want Gao and was frustrated with her for not letting go. As for Gao's mother well she is a witch. She broke up Gao with QF because QF could not do anything for Gao or that family. Just as you pointed out QF will bring nothing to JY either in social status even though he can have any rich families daughter he wants. His mother is all about social classes. QF does not fit the bill for either of her sons. I am sure she thinks QF will bring JY down and its going to be a nasty fight. But I expect JY's mother will end up loosing her son for a time. It will also help him to break that control his parents have over him. The words his father says to him about his not concentrating or working harder on moving up in his career and his mother going off over his dating QF are going to be awful I expect. 

I hope the next two episodes today show us the trunk scene and confession.

@apdy thanks for showing the gif of JY not wanting to wanting to break up with our QF and tearing up. OH NO! But you have to have conflict to get to 42 episodes.

I saw the RAW and when I saw the subbed version they ended differently. Still I agree I overlook alot but love our OTP. Totally have a crush on Jia Yang.

WOW Jia Yang's mom is snooty and horrible. I get what others have said getting rid of "inappropriate" GF who can do nothing for Gao Ming's status. But seriously, just because you have status doesn't make you better. I get that like tends to be with like.

JY mom's friend /accomplice wow seriously you had to report that QF knew that JY is GM brother and went to the INSTITUTE with the intent to seduce him?! Really? Wow. They really like making her out as a minx and same as the JEALOUS Institute classmates. 

So the fact that JY is smiling and not as mean --he and his INTERN must be 100% in a relationship. Wow. Granted they are getting closer but they have not crossed the line and even QF knows that JY likes WXH and JY is slowing liking our QF. He realizes after being confronted by Hao Ke that he must tone it done-so he had to cancel the soup order . Or when he came to pick her up, he said he would recognize JY car but love how Jia Yi saved the day. LOL. What got me is when he said no longer will I leave you on the road again and do not leave me halfway in the future.  (WOO HOO).  Luckily our heroine in HEELS mind  you walks at a snail's pace. (Hello Heels hurt and walking for long periods of times I don't know some woman can do it-I personally cannot.)

Same for JY he is aware saying to QF you can date but do it after the test and you are out of your internship. I think JY will wait til she passes before saying something to her. QF realizes that Hao Ke likes her tells him to lay off but he won't until he starts to listen to the vicious gossip. I think it is ironic that he accidentally cc'd the other institute teacher and did not realize he found out that way. All blaming QF as a convenient scape goat. On top of that , the female classmate going to Chief Tian and saying there are three thinking of leaving and she is not tattling. The gall she blames QF and JY for tattling first. Wow who is painting the kettle black?! Glad Tian told her to concentrate on her situation. 

Having been subject to nasty gossip, I realize those who know who you are will like you and be your friends. Or talk to you directly like QF tried with Hao Ke. But if that trust is broken then that is it. I liked he tried believed in QF and knew she worked hard. But once she rebuffed his advances he was like-oh she really is someone untrustworthy. Wow. Then those people are not worth your time. (How they conveniently miss she got them the opportunity for that "fake " dinner party with French companies and worked hard one EVERYONE's attire but  her own.  So her working hard and doing well is not because of JY favor but her hard work ethic. Jealousy does spout bad feelings and gossip and ill will from others. 

I am glad in America you can meet people of all walks of life -ie school same as in other countries. My Korean friends love visiting and staying here as there no STRICT societal pressures of division. In USA you can become friends with your teachers/professors and even have lunch or meal at their home even. But not in Korea also the importance of being aware of the other's age so  you won't slight them verbally if you don't figure that out fast.

Jia Yi cracks me up. Why don't  you want to share with your bestie who you like? yeah her getting all goo goo eyes over the popular actor saving her and giving her a ride and coconut milk/and allowing her to follow her weibo. Sigh it is not really liking him but she is a product of her situation, there is need to network and to make it if a popular handsome actor wants your attention why not for now. I agree with QF to take dating seriously and get a nice guy but Jia Yi is being realistic and working on her career not her own personal happiness to find a decent guy. I wonder if the texting is with that actor. She doesn't seem right now too enthused with Mgr Wang (JY's pal).

JY pal is a friend to go get his pal to find his car---LOL. He is a playboy and good for Jia Yi for making him work. Problem is there is a "chase needed" for the other to want to pursue you. (Or so my dating expert friends said.) So it could be him not the actor then.

I think that QF like others have guessed has the hereditary disease as her mom. Yes GM really loves our QF to switch majors. But if she did not love you before then she is not now. I find it going around--GM loves QF who loves JY (starting to change) but loved WXH who loves GM.  We know our OTP are going to get together eventually.

I am concerned about QF phobia. But you know that JY from the previews will work with her to try to conquer them. Both Tian and Jia Yang want to develop her to be both types of interpreters like Jia Yang but if she cannot get over her queasy feelings of the interpreter booth there will be issues. As I know from friends with phobias it is no small matter and very difficult.

XH---as others have pointed out is a pawn, still wants JY as her pet (when he comes over) and I am glad he hesitated and got off the phone with her. You go JY! She is married! Hello you chose your bed and now continue laying in it. She knew about Dong Dong and seeing her face to face . Her hubby did not try to hide it too much and really -you try to be jealous of JY (even though XH doesn't love him) . But any guy is a threat and he is all about "FACE" so he doesn't want to be seen as a guy wearing a "green hat". In Chinese if you are a man wearing a "green hat" I was told your wife is cheating on  you from my mom.

I loved how QF did splendidly as a great interpreter and diplomat (well deserved compliments) when the Swiss doctors were touring the Chinese Hospitals. Now they are in Switzerland , I wonder when they will go on that snow mission on the mountain and she confesses to an unconscious Jia Yang she likes him-she likes their talks/arguments etc. 

UGGGH I wish I could watch today's episodes but at work. I will be away traveling with unreliable wifi so when I get back I will have a number of episodes to marathon next week! I am glad I have a forum to spazz about this drama.

They went on the Mission and QF confessed to JY after the incidence when he is unconscious.

I have the feeling that QF did not get a single cents from JY and JM's mum, their Uncle, the mum's Brother kept the amount.

Now the mum is going to forced them apart and also I think they will discovered that QF has inherited the same illness as her mum.

Today's good stuff: Watching JY stutter through the I come to see you and meant to give you flowers but come up with excuses... Why so adorable?  This scene was the one that caught my attention and got me watching this drama. 

The flower in the trunk kiss scene hasn't pop up yet, but preview of probably the next 10 episodes is available.  Aish!  Life is going to be hell for QF when JY's mother enter the scene.  Poor girl, can't catch a break. 

Thanks @jovialkitty for the update. Gosh I cannot watch for a few days and it KILLS ME! My portable devices ROT when streaming as they CANNOT! GGRR!

I agree that QF did not get the money. It is why that guy was nervous talking to JY mom as he most likely pocketed the money. I would not be surprised. As we love our QF, we know her to bea righteous person and thinks of others before  herself. Helping JY pursue XH (making the cute love guide book) despite her growing feelings for him, or taking him to her place to rest (ok being poor did not help her put him in a cheap hotel), keeping her self promises to volunteer at the hospital ALL her part times and internship. Or the fact she helped the later ungrateful classmates with their outfits/make up ignoring herself in the process.

One of the websites I found  showed a future scene where she goes to GM about her mom and when he says how come you are not asking JY for the money? Your boyfriend should help you, oh I got it! You did not tell him. How about I give you the money and you be my gf! Wow UGGGH blech.

I did see the avalanche scene (that they had poste) and she screams for help in Chinese (uh why not in French too?) I like how she did mouth to mouth and then he woke up. (Now did he hear her confession. I wonder. Also did JY pretend to get some lip action?)

Jia Yang why are you so cute? 

Hello everyone :) and waves to familiar chingus here UnN9uho.gif I'm jumping back in and catching up on this drama (and this thread) that I've been waiting for ages. Glad to read all your insights. Thanks all!

About the OTP JiaFei ( like the name :P ), fully agree they are so cute and is the other factor that attracts me to watch it, apart from the first - interesting main plot theme.

8 hours ago, yoonmi66 said:

The main OTP is all sorts of cute, and their interactions definitely elevate the mediocre script. Can't wait until the "JiaFei" couple come clean about their feelings for each other.

New OTP poster from all parties of production/broadcast.

Poster Slogan:

Although the moment we met was not good, 

however having met in itself was good enough.

yXtvRAQ.jpg

CR: As tagged

Quite cute when he saw the couple at the cafe playing games, and he played along and in the end he wrote 'FEI' to the write down a name question 

I think he have heard her confession in Switzerland that's why he acted on it when they're back.  He bought her flowers & intend to invite her out to dinner.

But all he could say is........  

JY: ARE YOU FREE TOMORROW? LET'S......WORK OVERTIME!  

4953e8efjw1f4hh050i8xj20p716odny.png

Archived