[Mainland Cdrama 2016] 亲爱的翻译官 Dear Translator/Interpreter | Watch it LIVE on Hunan Satellite, or its online site at MgTV.com. Exclusive Webcast on LeTV.com

-jade-

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched the first 6 episodes, my Mandarin is not great so watching raw I get like 60% and then I don't know French. But I am enjoying the OTP alot and my mom turns out has been waiting for this drama in forever!

I have never seen Huang Xuan in a drama and I really like him alot. He does a great job being Jia Yang and embodying his strict/snooty persona at work. But I do understand when I was in school, it was the strictest teachers I had the best results and worked the hardest. You love the victories like Yang Mi's character Qiao Fei has here or there. But right now you can tell Jia Yang slowly (won't admit to Qiao Fei) . He continues to give job offers to her while still trying to oust her. He even tried the street food. He even was going to change his way of thinking of being too much but Xiao Hua told him to not (she disliked how he doted on Qiao Fei and disliked being compared to ANY woman--definitely snooty) Her food she cooked for Jia Yang did not look that healthy.

I have to give credit to Jia Yang for apologizing to Qiao Fei about not believing her and due to his car side light incident with the insurance saying he did it---made him realize he unjustly did the same to her. (I admit I can understand Qiao Fei not telling him who did it but in the end she did get an apology. Jia Yang would not let her live it down if she told him. ) I loved how Qiao Fei was stuck working with Jia Yang at a hotel room more like suite after he rescued her from that slimy rich investor for her bestie was funny. Not knocking and opening his room door (ok hello you dont' do that), then her expression seeing Jia Yang's muscles when in work out gear. His coming and leaning over while in a robe---yeah a bit uncomfortable ---he is a bit TOO comfortable.  It was sweet of him to carry her to the bed. (At least he did that as she brought him to her place to sleep off being drunk.)

Just saw ep 8 and to others Jia Yang said Qiao Fei is good and better than his colleague recommending another person. YES! He gave her kudos for going to the stairs and using his "torture" method LOL of training as well as asking for a coffee run.

As we know from the intro and ending of the drama, our OTP will come together eventually. Cute seeing them bickering and I don't usually watch Cdramas. I guess it will be dragged out and it is hard on weekends to just get 1 episode than 2 like you do during the week.

As in any drama land, life is WAY too close. Funny Qiao Fei's ex is Jia Yang's adopted older brother Gao Jia Ming (the son of their driver) and now her bestie and roomie has a "some" relationship with him. But he is on /off with their childhood friend Xiao Hua (another instructor at the academy) and she is Jia Yang's first love.

Xiao Hua has to know Jia Yang loves her as she avoids it -she has to know. She makes sure to call him "my brother", you are a kid etc to make him not think of her. Now that even Qiao Fei giving the photo back (she dumped at the end of 8) I wonder in ep 9 about the "dating test" for him to pursue Xiao Hua.  JIa Yang you are going to eat your words saying I only have personal relationship with my big bro, work and my parents (conveniently not saying Xiao Hua).

It is hard to wait but I will have to.

16 hours ago, Nodame said:

Xiao Hua has to know Jia Yang loves her as she avoids it -she has to know. She makes sure to call him "my brother", you are a kid etc to make him not think of her. Now that even Qiao Fei giving the photo back (she dumped at the end of 8) I wonder in ep 9 about the "dating test" for him to pursue Xiao Hua.  JIa Yang you are going to eat your words saying I only have personal relationship with my big bro, work and my parents (conveniently not saying Xiao Hua).

It is hard to wait but I will have to.

Yes! I can't wait until he eats his words.  Even tho there is 1 or 2 episodes uploaded a day, I wish I can marathon is all in one go. Lol. I saw some spoiler trailers and I can't wait. 

Spoiler

There's one scene where he tells her, he will wait for her because she rejects his proposal. There was another scene where he tries to ask her out on a date with these flowers. Ah. I can't wait. Fei FeI torture him a bit - he deserve just a bit. 

I like Huang Xuan  in this one as well. They did him justice here compared to his styling in the doctress. I think he is more fitted for modern dramas rather than the ancient gig that he did with Liu Shi Shi and Wallace. Tho it is kinda hard to look good standing next to Wallace Huo...:X. 

@polaress Thanks! I did not usually watch C dramas but I saw his costumes, yeah he is hotter in this drama than that one. He is not the conventional handsome but here I find him amazingly charismatic. I admit it is hard to be looking amazing against Wallace too. Yes I want to marathon this badly but it is too good to wait to marathon!

Yes I try to watch everything I can get my hands on --trailers and spoilers. I agree I cannot wait til Jia Yang eats his words.

I wait til  night here to see the legal sites repost it for me. It is TORTURE. I want to watch it even raw (with my 2 years of Mandarin) from college and non existent French.

You know Qiao Fei does admit a bit to her roomi Jia Yi she likes him. I still love that she tried to help him with Xiao Hua. But frankly only way to move forward is to get over an unrequited one or at least NOT to regret.

I like that Qiao Fei won't tell Jia Yang about the car. But she supports him getting the flowers so he can give to Xiao Hua. But it is obvious and XH new suitor knows and cuts him every time- commenting seeing him more than her actual boyfriend, why are you defending their relationship, emphasizing you and your bro stay away from her when we get married. Also he is not dumb about Jia Yang's affections. Any guy worth his salt (though I find him a bit of a prick) would be able to sniff out others who like the person you like.

Or how QF made the book with cute illustrations to help the "love illiterate" JY. You know she is worming her way smiling at the cute "remember to take your meds" post it. Also eating the pancakes and reading the journal in his bed. LOL it was funny he pretends to be cold , aloof and cool but he is becoming a softie with QF.  At least QF said to Jia Yi I have to do this at least since I can do nothing about the car.

I did see how jealousy slowly how that Zuzu over hugging QF too long. Or not liking how Zu Zu was like always have a place in France and I will contact you or seeing he was jealous and wanted a gift from QF to ask even for her fannie pack. Wow. Or his saying not saying his praise --I never said you were to leave the Institute  It needs people with thick skin. Or saying you are my friend or otherwise I have to kill you-coming to a truce as she has seen him drunk and unconscious. She could totally use that against him but she never breathed a word of it to others.

I liked the smugness when Zuzu wanted to come over to treat them for drinks but found Jia Yang shirtless and Qiao Fei in his room. LOL. He did not try to explain and QF was up in arms.  I agree I cannot wait til he eats his words and at least in the future we know that QF gets his heart.

Gao Ming totally loves Qiao Fei. I wonder how in the heck Jia Yang never knew about him liking her. I guess he never told him about her. Love that Qiao Fei is not into him. I do like he is good to the boy. I love that QF likes to volunteer despite needing to make money and has tons of work from Jia Yang. Really memorize the first 50 pages of the dictionary? Is it true Hao Zhe wants to know our QF more? Always asking her to joing the gang? I liked how he gave her water or in his small ways include her in the gang stuff.

The promos who our unsmooth hero tries to give beautiful roses to wish her luck her exam but they were for something else was it funeral? LOL! Or that accidental kiss somewhere after touching an instrument case.

Honestly I just want to see all OTP so I admit I get frustrated when the other side stories come on. LOL.

Gosh I wish it was tonight already and it is only almost 10am here. Sigh.

@Nodame Yes! that promo was hilarious! I'm actually wondering if he's downplaying the fact that maybe he went and got those flowers for her, but then lied about being funeral flowers? It's strange, wouldn't you leave those flowers at the funeral? And they were red-kind of flowers aren't they? That's kind of bright to bring to a funeral -- =/ unless my memory is playing with me.  I wonder what episode we'll see the accidental kiss? 40-something episode, it better be a happy ending! 

I couldn't get over how JY was giggling like a little kid when he was reading QF's love translation - bwahahahaha. Ugh. He needs to get over that Xiao Hua soon. And she needs to let go of his brother. Girl, you're rich and pretty, no use clinging onto someone who doesn't feel the same. It's kind of weird he never knew about his brother and QF. Tho in one of the episodes, XH did asked the brother if something happened in Xiamen? (sp?) But then their college was in Shanghai? OR maybe this was somewhere in their high school years? The plot line is a little strange - it took QF 6/7 years to graduate undergrad? 

+They should bring back Zuzu. I find him funny. 

I literally roll out of bed early to see if I can watch ep 11 and 12 but I can't find it online - noooooooo! Haven't even eaten breakfast. I seriously have my priority on this drama. I probably won't even concentrate at work thinking about this. hahaha. 

I love this drama so much that i try to watch it live every night plus if u watch it live you can see lots of preview . QF is hillarious and thank god JY is starting too soften. The accidental kiss was so funny and QF told her friend that he kissed her :w00t:. It was an accidental kiss anyway.  I like how JY was looking at her on Ep 12 when he went to QF's workplace to buy some wine. He was looking at her while she was explaining the wine to him. 

Seriously XH needs to toughen up. She got everything and xlearly JM is a hopeless bf. I wonder what is the story behind the 100k yuan JY's mom gave to QF. I guess JY's mom will be surprise to see her son introducing QF to her. 

For now i just want JY to get over XH. So hopefully we see her wedding on tonight's episode. Get it over and done with. 

@polaress the preview doesnt necessarily show the next episode. Its all over the place. When i finished watching ep 12 live they showed another preview where QF went to visit her mother and told her friend to not tell anyone and in the next scene JY was driving his car and went to see her. Also XH wrote in a piece of paper and hide it in one of the page of JY's book. QF discovered it and she crushed the paper but in the end gave it to JY. JY then rush to the airport to see XH. 

I saw the preview of the cake scene a couple of episodes back and it looks like it's happening tonight! The one where he cooked for her and gave her a cake because it's her birthday.

I love the love book she wrote for him, and you know, he's going to apply those on her. :P  She told him to go 'kabedon' XH - ehhehe!  He's going to 'kabedon' you soon QF!!

The scene where they washes dishes at his house and she said she's going to be so touched if there's a handsome guy waited for her for 10 years.. Then JY asked what about me ... I kind of thought he meant him liking QF -- 

Love their friendship!  (Is our heroine going to be sick? Saw the spoilers preview!)

I agree with everyone, the previews are all over the place. 

I just cannot wait! I cannot watch this live as this is during the time I get ready and have to go to work. I am glad there are others watching it! I wish I could just marathon it! 

I agree with @apdy, I so cannot wait til Jia Yang applies to Qiao Fei her tips on her. You can tell he is falling for her. 

I don't know when but when he finds out she is FIRST in everything he wants to find her first. Or that he arranged for her to meet the head of the place doing the Advanced Course, she did it well and got herself not only an internship but discounted rate. I love how Jia Yang is confident in her abilities. When he said "give you a pole you will climb it" was awesome. Our Qiao Fei is a go getter.

Yes when I saw the preview ---so mixed up that Qiao Fei saw Xiao Hua's confession -I love that Qiao Fei still gave it to Jia Yang despite her feelings for him. 

These weird "accidental kisses" are NOT real kisses I agree. But since it was her "first kiss" and her lips touched his and she is a cutie I would be blushing a ton too like her. Asian dramas are very conservative unless cable or movies. I am watching a Korean drama "Again Oh Hae  Young" and the kiss between the leads in the most recent episode ep 9 was HOT , realistic and full of passion my eyes came out of their sockets with shock in a GOOD way. Since this is preproduced already it seems we know from stuff and trailers there are OTHER kisses to come----I cannot wait!

@apdy Yes QF has lovely clothes but of course for ANY drama we cannot have the heroine poorly dressed. Not realistic wardrobe but boy she looks lovely. I love the dresses in the bright colors and her ensembles are on point for me.

I am at work and it is 4pm. I so want to rush home to watch the drama ---the subs should be out already from the legal site I watch it from. I do try to watch it raw to see how much Chinese I get but it is 60-80 which is not bad.

Yes I have not watched the latest that came out today 5/31/2016. But a telling comment by Jia Yang---There are two people I don't mind and I actually smile even though I am cleaning up their messes---you (he said to Gao Ming Ge) and another person my poor intern. Gao Ming asked who and he said someone you don't know. 

I agree with what someone said earlier, Jia Yang is totally checking out Qiao Fei and looking at her face than paying attention to any of the wine recommendations (ok I take it back he does make some inane comments here and there).

He was not upset that he had to play the voice message from Qiao Fei when his dad was giving him an earful for being more lax and lazy after moving out of the house. No wonder he is so rigid and strict, it is from his dad. He seemed more human when you saw his tatoo on his back it showed he was immature and impulsive but changed over time. Who wouldn't with an overly strict dad.

The female teacher was complimenting Qiao Fei's weird unorthodox study methods were helpful when she was training students. I liked seeing Jia Yang's small smile. Or the others were complimenting Qiao Fei's skills. How Chief Tian was told that Qiao Fei was translating even 1 minute faster than Jia Yang getting the envy of ALL around her. (Well she is put through the wringer and back from Jia Yang). Plus prepping the documents for Jia Yang just helped her know more of the content and vocabulary. Though a ton of work for her it helps her in the end to get acclimated to the materials.

Totally looking forward to Jia Yang being awkward giving roses to Qiao Fei, kissing her and when Jia Yang and Gao Min realize that they both know Qiao Fei.

But I don't get why her bestie Jia Yi has it out for Xu Dong. (Ok last episode they were texting) but why does she keep thinking he is posturing  he is rich when he is rich?

Huang xuan is so charming. He fits his character really well. :wub: 

I enjoyed epi 13 and 14 as im over xiao hua. At least JY has done his confession and the wedding is over.  

My chinese is not perfect but in episode 14, after the wedding, JY went to QF's house and cook for her.  JY asked QF is he should feel upset after a heartbreak and QF asked if he is upset . He said he is fine :lol: . He is so funny. They unknowingly falling for each other. Well QF realized it with the help of her bff.  when the male intern help QF get to her seat because she was limping , JY saw them and i could smell jealousy. Hehehehe....  

Archived