[Mainland Cdrama 2016] 亲爱的翻译官 Dear Translator/Interpreter | Watch it LIVE on Hunan Satellite, or its online site at MgTV.com. Exclusive Webcast on LeTV.com

-jade-

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@anniangel i agree about XH. The way she speaks annoys me. Hahaha like u said so restless.

Im happy with our OTP atm and im falling in love with huang xuan. Saw their behind the scene videos. Yang mi and huang xuan are sooo cuteeee. Especially huang xuan so shy after the kissing scene (ep 21). 

:lol:@thunderman1 i agree with you , i enjoyed every episodes. 

JM was so funny. The way he prepared the medicine for the dad. The actor's facial expression is almost the same for everything. Sometimes he overreacts and it makes me cringe. He can be the comic relief during our otp hard times. 

Wow, am I ever grateful for those dramafever snippets that pop up on my Facebook news feed. Saw this Cdrama and decided to give it a try...I ended up marathoning 19 episodes in 1 day, lol.

It's been years since I've watched a Cdrama. It was refreshing. Despite the initial slow pace, I've come to appreciate the delicate development of the relationship between QF and CJY. Plus, with so many episodes, we get to enjoy little details such as QF and CJY going on their first dates as an official couple, CJY accompanying QF's mom to the market, etc. Normal, everyday scenes such as those really endear the viewers to the characters.

I do hate having to bear through the brother's scenes, although I knew there was a significance to why they're concentrating so much on cavernous hemangioma. It's quite ironic that he might be QF's only hope. For that reason, I hope he becomes a topnotch surgeon in that area through Dr. Morey's training. 

I've always took Xiao Hua's niceness at face value. The "goddess" seems to not be too innocent after all. I do feel bad for her, but running into marriage with a creepo because a man doesn't love you is not a solution. 

Besides the OTP, I absolutely adore watching Jia Yi and Xu Dong. Poor guy, he can't seem to catch a break with her. I can't wait to for Jia Yi to finally fall for him. Plus, he is soooooo hot! Side eye candy is always welcomed! 

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of our main couple. I love how protective and trusting CJY is despite the rumors about QF. Now that is one sensible leading man. I'm just dreading when she is diagnosed, the flood gates might run free for me. I just hate watching the girl pushing her lover away, in the name of love, when they are diagnosed with an illness. I'm crossing my fingers that part won't be dragged out too long. I want to see CJY standing by QF's side, supporting her through this hurdle, as he's always done in the past.

@miss bouakham  -  same, I saw the snippet on my FB feed too, it was the scene of him gave her the flowers and I decided to watch.. 

Yes!  The actor who plays JM is terrible LOL!  Not a good actor but JM provide much comic relief. 

In the latest BTS - Yang Mi's husband, Hawick Lau, was seen on the set. <3

The excitement of this show has died down for me now that they're together!  So I seek out other shows of Huang Xuan, he was on 'Wonderful Friends', him and animals are just love.  Seems like a really down to earth caring guy. 

XH's note 

She realized that all her memories of the past include Jia Yang.  She was so much in love with JM that she ignored his feelings.  She said she's not happy, she missed those Switzerland days.  She wonder if there's a future for her.  She wants to know if they would pass each other once again (this line he and QF trying to translate to French in that avalanche) ... If his offer to take her away still stands - meet her at the airport, she'll be waiting for 1 hour. 

-- 

I still stands she doesn't love him, despite what she said.  She's still very much in love with JM.  

remember QF encourage JY to kabedon XH cuz all females love it... well 

c2b246d0jw1f4lxw5f8b0g20b406yu11.gif

@thunderman1 I actually really hate bickering couples in dramas because the scriptwriter usually forces it too much.  I've been scarred by YangMixHuGe's bickering couple so I wasn't ready to go through it again. Also, I've recently finished Imperial Doctress and I hated Huang Xuan's character so much, his character's attitude in the first few episodes didn't help.  His acting and JY definitely grew on me and I adore him so much now.  I might go back and rewatch the earlier episodes later.

@Casper168 I totally agree with you, the actor for JM always looks so angry even when he's truly concerned for his father and QF.  I never noticed how bad his acting was before because he played such a small role in Legend of the Ancient Sword.

I'm not use to slow pacing or modern time dramas but I really adore this one.  Like the scenes @miss bouakham mentioned, they're very realistic and relatable.  I've just finished watching ep23 & 24, I wonder if those instrument cases will play some significant part to the OTP's "obstacles" later.

I feel like Xu Dong always brightens the mood whenever he appears.  I hope he gets more scenes when JiaYi falls for him. OP has the picture for JM and XD mixed up in the first post though...

It's funny how Harwick was visiting for this scene http://www.le.com/ptv/vplay/25678126.html#vid=25678126

@apdythanks for the links. Cant get enough of the bts. If only yang mi is still single , i would totally ship them :wub:

I wonder when will JY find out about her sickness. Looks like at XH's dad funeral QF fainted. And there was a really quick preview she was taken into the ambulance. Hopefully JY find out not after the surgery but before the surgery. More angst coming their way. 

6 hours ago, annieangel said:

OP has the picture for JM and XD mixed up in the first post though...

@annieangel Thanks for this prompt. I just realized I had not only JM vs XD's photos mixed up, but also XH vs JY. No wonder as I was watching, I was somewhat confused at the beautiful but nasty XH, whom I thought should be QF's bosom pal. Hope the confusion was mine alone. LOL knock me head :P Btw, it has all been rectified. :phew:

@bebebisous33 you must be refering to this scene in ep 20... I was looking up the note to translate but noticed it has been done. All good :) 

Incidentally, the book she is mailing to JY is apparently a french novel about a sad love escapade between a novelist(the author Sand herself) and a poet(Musset). Wonder if this book was chosen to  be highlighted because of the 'dead-ended' relationship between Sand vs Musset, to signify there's no way XH can try to rekindle her lost love with JY.  She can scheme and manipulate her way, like she has already started with QF, but she'll get nowhere.

snVO43W.pngdqyllyE.png

Having caught up to the latest ep 24, am loving this drama more. Unfortunately, the lovey-dovey OTP(simply love them!) may soon come to an end with so many obstacles, and also misunderstandings in their way. From previews of ep 25 and 26, QF's hospitalized mom seems to be pulling the rug under OTP faster than anyone else, even JY's mom. But we all know it's out of love for daughter from not getting hurt by JY's ferocious, powerful and determined mom. As determined as JY seems to be, I doubt he'd be strong enough or resolute enough to 'protect' his love. On the other hand, I have a feeling QF will also go the noble idiocy route now that she's aware of her own illness, which really is treatable and not that serious. The question is who will retreat first? The other question I'm curious to find out the answer, just like XD, is 'what's up with Jia Yi'? Whose child is she carrying? 

Ep 25 Preview 

tFhC2v6.pngJaXevvM.png

Ep 26 Preview

qLSXYfx.pngzujDwyM.png

Love the natural progression of QF's character development.

- Now I see why she wants to learn French and loves things Paris, esp the Eiffel Tower, all because of a discarded picture book about Paris that her mom had picked up from the office where mom worked in when QF was a lil girl, and had given it to QF as a 'toy'. Nice! (LOL, for moms out there, perhaps a good tip or trick to think of? Will it work too? :P )

- About QF's claustrophobia over being inside a simultaneous interpretation booth, initially I thought it could have something to do with her poverty-stricken childhood, being cramped within four walls of a small room/house, or being abused by someone and shut within a small confined space. But her reason was of seeing the rows of chairs (even when people are not sitting on them) in front of the booth that caused her the phobia.  I thought that was quite ...erm... unexpected and surprising. Perhaps QF doesn't really know why? That was only the first attempt by JY to help QF understand and overcome her phobia. Perhaps more will be revealed?

Looking forward to more :P 

PS: Btw, peeps. Are you watching other cdramas too? I'm currently also catching up/watching on-air cdrama ' 好先生 To Be A Better Man' - it's very good; and '女不强大天不容 Heaven Forbids Weak Women' - also very good. Lately, cdramas are giving kdramas a run for viewership/eyeballs. LOL. If you are looking for other dramas to watch, I highly recommend these. 

I look forward to watching this show everyday! I can't wait to see how it all ends omg!!!

I'm pretty sure QF will have the same illness as her mother and that all of the misunderstandings will pull them apart. But hopefully in the end, they actually have a happy ending, fingers crossed!! :D 

Spoiler

So she's going to reject his marriage proposal, ugh, better get my tissues ready :/ 

Episodes 23/24:

Have I mentioned how much I love the OTP's chemistry? The way CJY looks at QF, or the way QF smiles at CJY, it's all so convincing. I almost want to deny that Yangmi is spoken for, lol. Even little gestures from CJY in the interpretation booth, to the way QF was hitting/tickling him as they ran out from the room, seem to speak volumes for me. I must applaud these two! They have me completely immersed in their portrayal of love. 

On a side note, if Jia Yi does not accept Xu Dong soon, I'm going to steal him from her! He's so dreamy, how can she be so blind? It's hilarious that he has that huge poster of her in his house. I couldn't stop laughing. 

I guess we'll soon be approaching the agnsty episodes. I wanted to see more fluffy scenes between our OTP first before we bring out the tissue box. :tears:

@apdy I need to check out other works/shows of Huang Xuan. He very quickly snuck into my heart, lol.

@jadecloud thanks for the recommendations. If Les Interpretes episodes weren't released so fast, I would have needed further distraction. But I'll be sure to check those other Cdramas too.

@jadecloud How did I not noticed you mixed up the girls too.. ahaha.  I remember coming across the same mistake on a blog a few weeks ago.  You weren't the only one confused I was too because of said blog I can't remember the name of. Thanks for the mention of the book, I think you're on the right track.  I believe writers and directors do things purposely but viewers don't always pick it up.  Would you call these little things Easter eggs?  I love them.  I feel like reading spoilers in your post because that's not the previews I saw, then again I can barely understand Modern Chinese.  I watch the previews on letv because Viki/DF don't include them :sweatingbullets:

I haven't heard any of the dramas you mentioned probably because there's no English subs for them.

@miss bouakham I think majority of people in this thread will agree with you that we love OTP chemistry.  Huang Xuan and YangMi are excellent at acting that out with their co-stars.  I'm going to be bias and say he seems to have better chemistry with YangMi than LiuShiShi though :phew:

@jadecloud thanks for  the recommendations. Im not watching any kdramas atm. Been glued to les interpretes and will look at some other chinese dramas. Might start watching far away love. 

Have anyone read the les interpretes novel? I really want to read it but dont think i can find it in english. I tried to google it and found the first 2 chapters translated in english. 

Agreee with you guys. Their chemistry is just amazing. Everything look so natural . 

10 hours ago, Casper168 said:

@apdythanks for the links. Cant get enough of the bts. If only yang mi is still single , i would totally ship them :wub:

Coudnt agree more!

If YM is not married yet, i'm pretty sure ship them hard!

Did u see how many times Huang Xuan said dui bu qi while take action with YM? He mesmerized by YM. Who cant resist YM beauty? YM is the most pretty, young and charm between his other costar. so does YM. She often teasing him. Dui bu dui? 

Am I in deluluness?

Okay, back to reality then. LOL. 

18 hours ago, apdy said:

XH's note 

She realized that all her memories of the past include Jia Yang.  She was so much in love with JM that she ignored his feelings.  She said she's not happy, she missed those Switzerland days.  She wonder if there's a future for her.  She wants to know if they would pass each other once again (this line he and QF trying to translate to French in that avalanche) ... If his offer to take her away still stands - meet her at the airport, she'll be waiting for 1 hour. 

-- 

I still stands she doesn't love him, despite what she said.  She's still very much in love with JM.  

remember QF encourage JY to kabedon XH cuz all females love it... well 

@apdy @jadecloud Thanks for the translation. I have just finished watching the episode 23 and I am even more mad at XH than before. The way she tried to convince QF to give up was just a coward move and you could sense that her goal was to diminish QF's qualities. She wanted her to feel small and little compared to her. Yet, XH's words resemble her a lot. Just accept your fate: your father wants you to marry someone, then just do it. XH has never learnt to fight. She accepted to be mistreated by GMJ and she accepted to overlook ZN's words , just because she thought, people would approve of her decision. She is just someone who has no opinion at all.

9 hours ago, maai137 said:

I look forward to watching this show everyday! I can't wait to see how it all ends omg!!!

I'm pretty sure QF will have the same illness as her mother and that all of the misunderstandings will pull them apart. But hopefully in the end, they actually have a happy ending, fingers crossed!! :D 

Reveal hidden contents

So she's going to reject his marriage proposal, ugh, better get my tissues ready :/ 

i saw them married in the ending of each episode.

I hope it's not YM dream or whatsoever while she's unconcious or fainted or something like that. They must  have a happy ending!

Xian zai, i'm stuck too Les Interpretes. Cannot watch other drama. But thanks anyway for your recommendation @jadecloud:)

10 hours ago, maai137 said:

But hopefully in the end, they actually have a happy ending, fingers crossed!! :D 

I believe they will, if the wedding shown in the main OST is true, and not just some trolling by PD. Crossing my fingers too :P 

6 hours ago, miss bouakham said:

It's hilarious that he has that huge poster of her in his house. I couldn't stop laughing. 

Me too. It's a huge crush he has for her lol. (and you're welcome)

@jadecloud How did I not noticed you mixed up the girls too.. ahaha.  

LOL but I can understand perfectly. After all, these two guys are good-lookers, aren't they?

I feel like reading spoilers in your post because that's not the previews I saw, then again I can barely understand Modern Chinese.  I watch the previews on letv because Viki/DF don't include them :sweatingbullets:

LeTV? For some reasons, lately I've not been able to watch LeTV cos the webpage just loads as gibberish all over the page. But MgTV(MangoTV) for Hunan Satellite works fine for me. Also, I see that MgTV has the latest previews, I guess since it's the production source. 

better chemistry with YangMi than LiuShiShi

Based on his latest 'The Imperial Doctress;? If that were it, I'd agree fully. I think LSS has better chemie with Wallace Huo. Hands down this JiaFei OTP is melting many hearts of viewers. Going by the popularity of them as a CP, and of YangMi who's very famous and well-liked by her fellow Chinese fans. 

Anyway, this drama was ranked 2nd yesterday in China's internet/online viewing ratings. The other 2 cdramas I've mentioned, ranked 1st and 3rd, and they've both just started broadcasting on 5/31. (ratings and rankings as of yesterday morning CST)

HNva73H.png

CR: Baidu Baike

5 hours ago, Casper168 said:

Have anyone read the les interpretes novel? I really want to read it but dont think i can find it in english. I tried to google it and found the first 2 chapters translated in english. 

I guess the translated two chapters you've read, more may be coming? 

For me, I've just started reading the original language ebook on Kindle. Just had to purchase it from Amazon. I know the novel is available online for free, but I just wanted to own it. Love the plot theme for novel+drama. From what I've read so far (only a few chapters), the writing is pretty descriptive, interesting and fresh. Since I could see Yang Mi and Huang Xuan 'faces' as I read their characters, as well as the others, it's more interesting and vividly so to be able to see 'real faces'. I think the OTP casting has been done very well, and this OTP is pretty apt for these roles.   

Kn2sEgS.jpgCR: Amazon

Btw, notice how the drama title has added 'Dear亲爱的' to the original novel title. I guess it's an effort to differentiate the drama from the novel since It's an adaptation, (which means  the drama will differ from the novel). And from what I've read online, there are quite a lot of differences. (Not commenting on spoilers :P

1 hour ago, somwerindewol said:

If YM is not married yet, i'm pretty sure ship them hard!

Did u see how many times Huang Xuan said dui bu qi while take action with YM? He mesmerized by YM. Who cant resist YM beauty? YM is the most pretty, young and charm between his other costar. so does YM. She often teasing him. Dui bu dui? 

Am I in deluluness?

LOL Yes you are in cdramaland.  YM has a knack of clicking with the male co-stars she has been paired up with, so far. Even her husband HL was one of her chemistry-off-the-chart co-stars. I thought with Wallace Huo too, another awesome pairing. And now with HX.

YM is indeed very alluring, and her acting chops are all in good order. Love watching her, and her with JY. So cute :P 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

She is just someone who has no opinion at all.

Isn't that so unlike her corporate persona? She should be confident, smart and poised in her personal life just as she is in her professional life. How could the discrepancy be so huge? So silly of her to marry just any man on the rebound. Now, so silly of her to try to rekindle a love whose flame has been snuffed out by none other but herself. She is a very beautiful, well-groomed and rather successful career lady too. I think she will end up with JM somehow. 

1 hour ago, somwerindewol said:

Xian zai, i'm stuck too Les Interpretes. Cannot watch other drama. But thanks anyway for your recommendation @jadecloud:)

LOL I understand. The allure of this drama. It is my priority for cdramas too. And now the novel too. (btw, you're welcome)  

PS: Tried to watch LIVE today but too bad, the link I know doesn't work. If anyone has a good link, please PM. Thanks. I'll just wait for MgTV for the eps. 

Archived