Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aznboy78

[movie 2006] The Restless / Midair 중천, 中天

Guest toffeemint

Just finished watching this movie, beautifully filmed with amazing graphics and their love story is touching.

Good movie.

QUOTE(asiansoul @ May 18 2007, 08:29 AM) I think your 2nd possibility for Yi Gwak is most likely. Remember how he says he can smell the flower and So Hwa's hand felt warm? That means he's a spirit and no longer human. So he has no possibility of going back to Earth without reincarnation.You're right. Yi Gwak did die after the great battle. Since So Hwa returned back to human, thus the warmth of her hand, Yi Gwak was able to detect that difference. Plus, humans can't smell nor taste that of what spirits do but since he was able to finally smell the weed, he is indeed a spirit. Oh, it's all making more sense now than before. That's probably why Yi Gwak asked So Hwa when they will meet again and when they do, will she remember him? I guess, both knew that they were about to reincarnate so they wanted to find one another in every lifetime. How sweet.  blush.gif

Recently watched the movie and here's what I don't get about the ending: So Hwa "saved" Yi Gwak and thus, accepted the punishment and reincarnated to become human right? Then why did Yi Gwak die in the end? What did So Hwa exactly "save" him from? And how would Yi Gwak reincarnate when it was clearly stated earlier that if a human dies in midheaven, he can't reincarnate? I agree that Yi Gwak died in the end, what I don't get is the purpose of So Hwa sacrificing herself. VERY CONFUSING!

If anyone can clear this up, please do! I would highly appreciate it, as I'm just new to Korean culture/movies. Thank you! :)