[movie 2006] The Restless / Midair 중천, 中天

aznboy78

Guest polaris

*Warning Spoilers*

To answer your question about the ending, it wasn't confusing. Okay, remember how Yi Gwak was badly injured from the hooks of the two brothers, the other guy's sword, and Hyo's wound? In addition to those wounds, the Yin source, which supposedly purifies spirits but kills humans from my understanding, had spreaded all throughout Yi Gwak's body. Yi Gwak was supposed to vanish that night but realizing her love for him, Yon Hwa used the holy powers to resurrect him. Because Yon Hwa saved Yi Gwak's life by using the sacred holy powers, Yon Hwa broke Heaven's laws and thus accepted the punishment of millions of years of suffering and thrown back down to earth as a human, which explains why Yon Hwa was reincarnated with the spirits at the end. As for Yi Gwak, there's two possible endings. One, he's not dead but since Midair has been saved, the doors have re-opened for him to return to earth. Two, he finally dies but has to wait for 49 days before reincarnating after Yon Hwa. As for the beginning, it was fate for Yi Gwak to enter Midair, to meet up with Yon Hwa again and save Midair from destruction. Anyway, that's all. :sweatingbullets:

Thanks so much for the clarification of the ending. I was alittle bit confused but your explanation makes sense of it all. Ijust watched this movie last night and I personally LOVED it. The graphics were amazing. So beautiful. JWS's acting was superb...plus being super HOT doesnt hurt. Kim Tae Hee was beautiful but I think her acting was a little bit stiff...but overall what a beatiful Love story. I loved it from beginning to end. ^^

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cunho

I like this movie , very beautiful sceneries , a lot of action and of course JWS ! But if it wasn't KTH at the female lead , it should be lot better - I'm disappointed with this choice , her acting skill is weak and I find she doesn't have the sweet, innocent and pure look for this role . Her eyes remind me again to her evil role in STH !!!

I was wondering when this movie was going to come out... so the movie was not all that... dang that is how it is now days... either the movie is eye catching but the storyline suck as heck... why don't they put more time and effort into writing a very nice heart whelming storie..

Still I will watch it.

Guest asillysaint

I was wondering when this movie was going to come out... so the movie was not all that... dang that is how it is now days... either the movie is eye catching but the storyline suck as heck... why don't they put more time and effort into writing a very nice heart whelming storie..

Still I will watch it.

I personally thought the movie was lovely. I liked it more than '200 Pounds Beauty' but I guess, the general Korean population loves romance comedies like that and not epic stories. But then again, I didn't like 'My Sassy Girl' but loved 'Windstruck' instead so perhaps preferences vary. You should give it a try, it's pretty good. :blush:

Guest jingjuna

OST anyone???

and the end where the credits come out like about a minute after u hear them speaking again the last lines of the movie theres this song that ive heard before yet i dont remember what song it is... anyone remember???

[edit]

oh never mind found it lol its wheesungs song^^

but anyone got the OST

Guest asiansoul

*Warning Spoilers*

As for Yi Gwak, there's two possible endings. One, he's not dead but since Midair has been saved, the doors have re-opened for him to return to earth. Two, he finally dies but has to wait for 49 days before reincarnating after Yon Hwa. As for the beginning, it was fate for Yi Gwak to enter Midair, to meet up with Yon Hwa again and save Midair from destruction. Anyway, that's all. :sweatingbullets:

I think your 2nd possibility for Yi Gwak is most likely. Remember how he says he can smell the flower and So Hwa's hand felt warm? That means he's a spirit and no longer human. So he has no possibility of going back to Earth without reincarnation.

Guest a4sano

I just got through watching this. Everything is good except for the story. This movie should actually be about 2hours and 30minutes. That way they could have included everything in stead of rushing the story. The movie leaves you with a ton of unanswered questions but other than that the fighting and scenery is good.

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Downloading right now...

Can't hardly wait!

JWS and KTH... what a couple... match made in heaven! ;) LOL

Guest asillysaint
I think your 2nd possibility for Yi Gwak is most likely. Remember how he says he can smell the flower and So Hwa's hand felt warm? That means he's a spirit and no longer human. So he has no possibility of going back to Earth without reincarnation.
You're right. Yi Gwak did die after the great battle. Since So Hwa returned back to human, thus the warmth of her hand, Yi Gwak was able to detect that difference. Plus, humans can't smell nor taste that of what spirits do but since he was able to finally smell the weed, he is indeed a spirit. Oh, it's all making more sense now than before. That's probably why Yi Gwak asked So Hwa when they will meet again and when they do, will she remember him? I guess, both knew that they were about to reincarnate so they wanted to find one another in every lifetime. How sweet. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest renni72

I watched the movie 3 times! And each time, I was enthralled by the fighting scenes - 1) where Yi Gwak fought with Woong Gul and the other warrior (can't remember his name), the chains were awesome

2) the final fighting scene where Yi Gwak had to battle with the numerous black reapers...awesome....

I have one gripe about the movie though - why must they give Jung Woo Sung such an awful hair style?????????? Surely he should be given a suave hairdo???? It's so untidy and covering half his handsome face.

I disagree with one of the soompi postings that said Kim Tae Hee does not have an innocent face...I think she does. Her acting skills have much to be improved though. If she did not have such an innocent face, it'd be more difficult for her to pull her character, So Hwa, off.

Guest MoLeNz

I just have watched this movie..cool...nice story

but I'm still confused about the ending..hehehehhe

Guest ju1ia16

Just finish watching this movie....the sceneries were beautiful, & it was so touching at the end...though was a bit confuse...but after the explanation that was give by asillysaint & asiansoul t all falls into place....just found it so sad cos once again Yon Hwa & Yi Gwak will have to part for the 2nd time....till they meet again...Overall....i really like the movie (",)

Guest milkyway_sushi

Can someone be kind enough to upload a DDL link for CD2 subs for me? I cant download it in naynay123's clubbox for some reason.

Never mind it finally worked =_=;;

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hazel_witch

My first message in a year. I was waiting for this to come out a year ago and tada! Just watched it. I was stunned with the effects. So coool! JWS's acting was superb, KTH, well... it improved. Story was different and though I got confused at the end, it was a great watch. Over-all it was good! :D

Thank you for clearing the ending up, guys!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived