[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Song of Phoenix 思美人

sugarplum892

9 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

I tried to get into this one, but the synopsis already says it's a tragedy . Plus with 72 episodes it sounds Ike a really long winded melodrama.

I find Princess Agents very good right now.. I wanted to start on Song of Phoenix but knowing that there's a tragic ending I don't think I want to hurt myself 70+ episodes later. lol 

Out of curiosity I skipped to the end of this drama. So at the end Qu Yuan is middle aged by the time he commits suicide by jumping off a cliff and into a river.Mo Chou Nu by this time is also middle aged, rides on a boat on the river Qu Yuan died in and drops her bracelet into it. It's then implied that she joins him in death since there's a brief scene of middle aged Qu Yuan and Mo Chou Nu in the water together. 

Not sure how to interpret the ending.. so did Mo Chou die too? It only showed that she dropped her bracelet into the river and the one Qu Yuan saw when he jumped down was probably a figment of his imagination.. I am still not quite sure about the nature of the relationship between these two.. they did grow old together but somehow it turned platonic in the end.. I guess Qu Yuan did have no more romantic feelings for Mo Chou? It is just sad since Mo Chou was so loyal to him... but I guess this was never intended to be a romance type of drama..

2 hours ago, Emily Wong said:

Not sure how to interpret the ending.. so did Mo Chou die too? It only showed that she dropped her bracelet into the river and the one Qu Yuan saw when he jumped down was probably a figment of his imagination.. I am still not quite sure about the nature of the relationship between these two.. they did grow old together but somehow it turned platonic in the end.. I guess Qu Yuan did have no more romantic feelings for Mo Chou? It is just sad since Mo Chou was so loyal to him... but I guess this was never intended to be a romance type of drama..

Thanks so the clarification, I didn't watch this series from beginning to end because I knew it was going to have an unhappy ending and the bad CGI leopard thing in ep 1 put me off.  If this series wasn't supposed to be a romance then why did they title  it "Longing For Beauty"? It implies some kind of emotional attachment.

Seriously, I am only watching this because of Qiao Zhen Yu (乔振宇). Somehow he just has that ""smile"" at 39 & a father of 2, he really looked good. However, the drama is so long, i couldn't finish it. :( I will go back to watch his modern drama instead. 

Archived