[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] The Mystic Nine 老九门

sugarplum892

e0c53b82633248579f454fac86b49d68.jpg

Details:

Title: 老九门 / Lao Jiu Men
English title: The Mystic Nine
Genre: Love
Director:  Liang Sheng Quan (The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌 , The Legend of Flying Daggers 飞刀又见飞刀)
Episodes: 48
Broadcast Date: July 4, 2016

Cast:

Zhao Li Ying

William Chan

Zhang Yixing

Synopsis:

During the era of the republic, the town of Changsha was guarded by nine big families known as the “Old Nine Gates / Mystic Nine Clan”. They were incredibly powerful families who wield supreme power over everything in Changsha.

In year 1933, a mysterious train ended in Changsha station. The leader of the Nine Gates, Zhang Qishan (William Chan) who was also the army commander of Changsha, started to investigate with Qi Tiezui (Ying Haoming) and they discovered a highly suspicious mine just out of Changsha. In order to solve the mystery of the mine, they decided to engage the help of Er Yuehong (Zhang Yixing) who was an opera singer that came from a family of archaeologists. However Er Ye was reluctant to help them as his wife Ya Tou (Crystal Yuan) was terminally ill. In order to procure the medicine for treating her, Fo Ye travelled to Beiping with Er Ye, Ba Ye and Ya Tou and they met the young mistress of the hotel Yin Xinyue (Zhao Liying) there. The five of them later returned to Changsha and discovered the how the mystery of the mine was connected to their families’ histories and the Japanese’s sinister plot against Changsha.

The Mystic Nine  老九门 Viki English Subbed Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

William Chan - My Clan

Additional Links:

The Mystic Nine  老九门 Raw Episodes

The Mystic Nine  老九门 Viki English Subbed Episodes

The Mystic Nine  老九门 Audiobook

Zhao Li Ying Official Soompi Thread

The Legend of Flying Daggers 飞刀又见飞刀 Official Drama Thread

The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌 Official Drama Thread

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched the first 8 episodes and am not sure if I want to continue... Is this worth continue watching? XD They haven't introduce the female lead yet where I'm at, so it feels a bit slow. Also, there was a lot of suspense... and some things were too scary/creepy for me. I saw on that fans had trending about who the main casts of The Mystic Nine is because there were episodes without William or Lay in it and focused on the antagonist and his issues. 

11 minutes ago, elliezsnow said:

I watched the first 8 episodes and am not sure if I want to continue... Is this worth continue watching? XD They haven't introduce the female lead yet where I'm at, so it feels a bit slow. Also, there was a lot of suspense... and some things were too scary/creepy for me. I saw on that fans had trending about who the main casts of The Mystic Nine is because there were episodes without William or Lay in it and focused on the antagonist and his issues. 

there isn't really a main character...it's more the main family (William and Lay feature predominantly). Not all episodes focus on them though as it's story heavy not character heavy.

I couldn't deal with watching all the episodes myself...so only watch a few eps here and there =/

Hi everyone.... i'm a long time fan of ZLY and now slowly warming up to WC as well.  i cant help it, they are such a cute couple and their interaction on & off screen is just so adorable lol.

i guess its true that there really isnt any main characters to focus on in the mystic nine, its more about the story rather than the characters,.  I must admit i'm watching it more for the loveline between QS/WC & XY/ZLY.:wub:  And for such purposes, ep. 43 is indeed heaven sent lol.

ClEtvoRVAAA5wM7.jpg

*CTO

I hv actually been sustaining myself with tidbits & spicy morsels from other websites especially the ones at  onehallyu.com (for subbed version up to ep 36) & centdevotee.wordpress.com (for recaps up to ep 44 to date).  I'm sorry but  i'm not too sure how to post the FULL  links under spoiler tag.

tumblr_inline_occ65pKUqm1s54oya_540.jpg

*CTO

Its going to end soon so lets just enjoy it while we can..... cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What a mixed bag. Watchable in parts and draggy in others. A premise that is entirely up my alley but the execution is all over the shop. 

I really liked the sci-fi elements but it's a pity that what the show chooses to show and to tell doesn't really enhance the storytelling. The main villain, some bug-eyed foreigner who looks so obviously nuts, is such a cheesy piece of work spitting out Chinese sayings at the drop of a hat.

Overall, the show was saved by the bromances... the male leads... Fo Ye, No. 2, No, 8 and Lt Zhang made this worth a look.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived