[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

8 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu's 
I recommend to read the novel... I just started reading the novel because we get more information on each character. It should help you with any withdrawal you are experiencing and if not then you don't need too. So far I am hooked to the novel.:heart::heart: @lolalarue @p3rsephone

Yes thank you for the suggestion. I have just recently re-read chapters 1-54 (which is all I could find translated to English). I actually love the differences in the adaptation so far. I like that Yao Meng is becoming Xu Xu's friend and I hope that continues. I want the whole team to end up as a happy little family. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/1/2016 at 10:20 PM, lolalarue said:

Yes thank you for the suggestion. I have just recently re-read chapters 1-54 (which is all I could find translated to English). I actually love the differences in the adaptation so far. I like that Yao Meng is becoming Xu Xu's friend and I hope that continues. I want the whole team to end up as a happy little family. 

@lolalarue... Do you know a way we contact the person

Spoiler

who started doing the translation for this novel... I am willing to donate so she can continue ...

I agree with @lolalarue. Ji Bai didn't want to admit that XX was right in the first place. He didn't want to aknowledge her skills at all. But the meeting with Zhang (Ye Qiao's husband) forced him to recognise her abilities. Then he realised that she was really trying to do her best to succeed in the physical test. Finally the incident with the food showed him that XuXu wasn't just a genius, she was also a nice person who could see her mistakes, treat people nicely. She is not self-centered at all, something Ji Bai had imagined. Her willingness to learn and change and her empathy changed Ji Bai's mind.

5 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

got this from cfensi

This ideogram shot from When a Snail Falls in Love is brilliant
Posted on 10/27/2016 by idarklight
囚 is the Chinese character for “prison”, depicting a person (人) trapped inside a frame.  

See this depiction of a lead trapped in her circumstances in detective series When a Snail Falls in Love.

____

I love the transition of each scenes in this drama. Smooth editing I must say. They have utilized drones at its fullest :D

Episode 4-6 recap

Chingu, I agree the editing was well done. It was complete, the actors also are really talented. I wished the episodes wasn't  so short.  Ye Zi Xi was trapped and miserable but she chose her path. I kinda feel bad for her :tears::tears: Ji Bai would have done anything for her because he considered her family. She did not trust him enough even though she claimed to have loved him.

@UnniSarah Sorry no clue about the author of the novel. I'm kind of more addicted to the show now, so I'm not waiting so much for the translation of the novel. 'Memory Lost' the other Ding Mo drama airing now is still being translated (slowly). Have you heard any news about the drama being english subbed? I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything because 'Snail' and that one are being released at the same time. I suppose Wang Kai is a much bigger name than any of the actors in the other drama but I still want to watch it! 

45 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

@UnniSarah Sorry no clue about the author of the novel. I'm kind of more addicted to the show now, so I'm not waiting so much for the translation of the novel. 'Memory Lost' the other Ding Mo drama airing now is still being translated (slowly). Have you heard any news about the drama being english subbed? I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything because 'Snail' and that one are being released at the same time. I suppose Wang Kai is a much bigger name than any of the actors in the other drama but I still want to watch it! 

@lolalarue  I have no clue either about subs. I have decided to start watching the other drama because waiting for Wang Kai to appear is soooo incruciating chingu. Sadly I am addicted to both the drama and the novel. LOL LOL 

On 11/3/2016 at 8:47 PM, lolalarue said:

I love this drama.. might pick up the novel but the drama so far is good! I like the many cases leading to the big reveal. I have a hunch who the cases might be centered around. So many good nit-picking hints already giving the whole plot away.

2 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I love this drama.. might pick up the novel but the drama so far is good! I like the many cases leading to the big reveal. I have a hunch who the cases might be centered around. So many good nit-picking hints already giving the whole plot away.

After reading the novel , I have a better understanding to Xu Xu. She has a High IQ but has a low EQ. @thunderman1.... Long time no seeeee chingu. So glad you have picked this drama up. I am loving this drama too.   I am sooo addicted to this drama that i keep rereading the novel..... I am so hopelesssss.... I try to find other drama's that would capture my attention like this one but it is a BUST.... :tears::tears:   Tomorrow is the new episode for whenasanailfallsinlove...... :heart::wub::wub::wub:

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

After reading the novel , I have a better understanding to Xu Xu. She has a High IQ but has a low EQ. @thunderman1.... Long time no seeeee chingu. So glad you have picked this drama up. I am loving this drama too.   I am sooo addicted to this drama that i keep rereading the novel..... I am so hopelesssss.... I try to find other drama's that would capture my attention like this one but it is a BUST.... :tears::tears:   Tomorrow is the new episode for whenasanailfallsinlove...... :heart::wub::wub::wub:

You can try out the cheesy Love o2o.Also, adapted from the novel. It is a good college adaptation if you are into cheesy romance. hehe

Just watched episodes 7-9 subbed on DramaFever. Glad to finally see some special moments between the two leads though. Xu Xu is adorable! I don't know how I'm gonna wait a week for the next 3 episodes. Gah, why are the episodes so short? T_T  :( 

I saw some future scenes in a "trailer" on YouTube (that's since been taken down) so I know things are gonna get real serious later. So tempted to read the novel but I'm gonna hold back until this drama is finished. 

1 hour ago, DearLucifer said:

Just watched episodes 7-9 subbed on DramaFever. Glad to finally see some special moments between the two leads though. Xu Xu is adorable! I don't know how I'm gonna wait a week for the next 3 episodes. Gah, why are the episodes so short? T_T  :( 

I saw some future scenes in a "trailer" on YouTube (that's since been taken down) so I know things are gonna get real serious later. So tempted to read the novel but I'm gonna hold back until this drama is finished. 

@redmorningglory So glad to see you here too chingu dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

@DearLucifer  So glad to see you here . I am watching episode 8 right now. I am in the process of reading the novel because I am suffering from withdrawal. I needed a little of WhenASnailFallsInLove in my life . LOL  dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Now that I have over chingu who are watching this drama I am soooo happy.  happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifhappiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

The OTP moments are so special and so cute. Xu Xu is just adorable and I feel that even Ji Bai feels the same. The way she smiles when does something she finds AMAZING. Her eyes were shining when she told Zhao Han he is AMAZING. :wub::wub:

Archived