Correct me if I am wrong, but is articulation the key to conversation and ultimately for flirting?

Crunchyrunchy

15 minutes ago, MiDnite89 said:
15 minutes ago, MiDnite89 said:

Good looking is the key. Everything you say is amplified and more interesting. 

Good looking is the key. Everything you say is amplified and more interesting. 

Yea, but not everyone is bestowed with good looks. Therefore, some people have to capitalize on other traits.

no. sophisticated words just help mould your opinions more concisely. if the responder cant respond, you will just break the flow. it can be utilised in flirting. but it depends on the context of your conversation and the person youre talking to.

On 12/20/2015 at 9:44 PM, zantac_2 said:

no. sophisticated words just help mould your opinions more concisely. if the responder cant respond, you will just break the flow. it can be utilised in flirting. but it depends on the context of your conversation and the person youre talking to.

Do you create sophisticated conversations on your dates? For example: debate or discussions.

as one of the primary components to inducing a good conversation? chemistry and how well you guys click is way more important

a good way to flirt? generally no, i would say being more witty and being able to make her laugh is way more valuable. but if she is using fancy words and constructing good sentences that would impress even the grammar nazis who proofread for hitler then yeah it won't hurt to fire back

just be yourself and if you generally do talk in that fashion keep doing it. if you feel like you have to turn that mode on for the sake of brownie points, don't. girls can see right through those things.

create sophisticated conversations? sure why not. yes keep the discussions open. for debates if it happens it happens but try not to. because 1) probably one person will agree and try to be nice about things in the beginning but later down the road you guys will have your disagreements. 2) keep things simple on the first date, you're not trying to win an election here, just a girl's heart

As a so-and-so looking guy I've never had trouble flirting and dating women. It has nothing to do with looks and only slightly to do with conversation. It mostly boils down to confidence.

If you're confident in yourself, you exume an aura that naturally attracts women. The way you handle yourself shows them how you would handle them too and that's what will make them interested. 

Being able to carry a conversation is a nice addition to the package as it allows you to captivate them with words as well as actions, but pronounciation, sophisticated words and proper sentence structure is not the key. Proper pronounciation and a good vocabularity will only attract a certain type of women/men: those who are into the proper use of language. The rest will only find you posh, uptight and/or annoying and you will not be able to hit it off with any of them. The question is would you want to?

10 hours ago, frenchtutor said:

as one of the primary components to inducing a good conversation? chemistry and how well you guys click is way more important

a good way to flirt? generally no, i would say being more witty and being able to make her laugh is way more valuable. but if she is using fancy words and constructing good sentences that would impress even the grammar nazis who proofread for hitler then yeah it won't hurt to fire back

just be yourself and if you generally do talk in that fashion keep doing it. if you feel like you have to turn that mode on for the sake of brownie points, don't. girls can see right through those things.

create sophisticated conversations? sure why not. yes keep the discussions open. for debates if it happens it happens but try not to. because 1) probably one person will agree and try to be nice about things in the beginning but later down the road you guys will have your disagreements. 2) keep things simple on the first date, you're not trying to win an election here, just a girl's heart

Well a good way to facilitate conversation is through open ended questions. Usually this take the form of debate or discussion for me. I like to talk about current events as a way of inducing small talk and this usually spark some sort of discussion. I have heard that talking about current events is a good way to start off a conversation. Correct me if I am wrong, of course.

I am majoring in a field where good speech-craft and eloquent articulation is a pivotal component on the job. So I would say because I would be doing it on the job everyday, it would make sense to try to bring that into the personal field.

To give you guys an example, the way I type is usually how I speak in real life.

^there is no wrong or right with any approach. but if youre going to be flirtatious, then your goal is to be casual.

and if the opportunity presents itself, i may class it up and pick their brains apart. that is the type of person i am. what works for you could be different.

Guest severus

Cute guy says we should hang out. I said "yeah I'm down to maybe grab a coffee, maybe also grab your butt." 

He said he'd love that so I guess I was being sophisticated and articulate. 

Archived