rubie

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Korean Film ‘Master’ Presold to 31 Countries

Posted on November 18, 2016 by Korea Bizwire in K WaveLifestyleSports & Entertainment  with 0 Comments
CleanPrintBtn_text_small.png

The action flick had reportedly garnered huge interest when it was showcased at the American Film Market (AFM) held in Santa Monica from Nov. 2-9. (image: CJ Entertainment)

The action flick had reportedly garnered huge interest when it was showcased at the American Film Market (AFM) held in Santa Monica from Nov. 2-9. (image: CJ Entertainment)

SEOUL, Nov. 18 (Korea Bizwire) –The South Korean crime action film “Master” starring top actors Lee Byung-hun, Kang Dong-won and Kim Woo-bin has been sold to 31 countries before its release, according to its local distributor Friday. 

The movie’s distribution rights have been sold to companies in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines and other countries, CJ Entertainment said. 

The action flick had reportedly garnered huge interest when it was showcased at the American Film Market (AFM) held in Santa Monica from Nov. 2-9. 

The film’s foreign release will kick off in the U.S. in December. Then it will hit Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore in that order starting the following month.  

“Master,” helmed by director Cho Ui-seok, revolves around a multibillion-dollar heist plotted by Chairman Jin (Lee Byung-hun), a notorious swindler; Kim Jae-myeong (Kang Dong-won), the head of the police’s intelligence crime unit who chases Jin; and Park Jang-gun (Kim Woo-bin), Jin’s right-hand man in charge of the company’s computer room. 

The movie comes to Korean theaters in December.

(Yonhap)

[TRANS] 161119 Kim Woo Bin 'MASTER' interview with KBS Entertainment Weekly #kimwoobin #kimwoobinmaster (Woobin's part only) 
Q : "What do you feel about shooting with LBH and KDW?"
Woobs : "I'm the second youngest among the casts. It does make me feel burdened because there are many great seniors and I felt the pressure to do the best."
LBH (responds to Woobs' talk) : "I'm the second shortest among the cast!"
Q: "Are you good at doing aegyo?"
Woobs : "I'm not good at aegyo, but I'm good at skinship."
KDW (responds to Woobs' talk) : "He touches a lot~"
Woobs : "I do things like this (touch KDW)."
Q : "He does that a lot in order to get closer to his seniors..."
KDW : "It's not that he does't good at aegyo, he's more to affectionate type."
[Woobs chooses Kang Dong Won as master of knowledge]
Woobs : "KDW knows almost everything. He can't stand his own curiousity. If he doesn't know something he'll try to get the answer right away. So when I ask something and he doesn't know about it he personally look for it and tell me. He's that kind of person."
Q : "If you are left on isolated island, who'd you choose to stay with you?"
[LBH & KDW chooses KWB, while Woobs choose LBH]
Woobs : "Actually there is no any differences if I were to live in that island with only one of them. Because LBH have more living experience, so I chooses him so that I can live wisely."
LBH : "I choose Woobs because I can make use of his tall frame, besides that KWB is really good at taking care people. Live in isolated island may not be that bad after all."
Woobs (as closing commentary) : "Our movie will be released on December. Thank you~"

November 20, 2016

Star Studded Korean Crime Thriller “Master” Sold to 31 Countries Ahead of Release

By Ella Palileo Asian Movie Pulse

master_7.jpg

Writer-director Cho Ui-seok’s South Korean crime action thriller Master has been pre-sold to 31 countries even before its local December release.

The KPop Herald reports that CJ Entertainment has sold the film’s distribution rights to international territories such as the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Italy, Thailand, and Singapore among others.

In Master, Filmmaker Cho Ui-seok—known for his crime hits Make it Big (2002), The World of Silence (2006) and Cold Eyes (2013)—directs three of Korea’s biggest actors.

Master is a complex battle between cops and con artists. Lee Byung-hun, who we recently saw in The Age of Shadows (2016) and The Magnificent Seven (2016), plays Jin Hyun—the charming conman and chairman of Won Network. Actor-model Kim Woo Bin, of Friend 2 (2013) and The Con Artists (2014) fame, plays Park Jang-gun—Jin’s faithful right-hand man and Won Network’s tech expert.

When Won Network gets involved in a multibillion-dollar fraud case, Kim Jae-myeong, the team leader of the police intelligent crime unit, must hunt down Jin. Gang Dong-won, known for the blockbusters The Priests (2015) and A Violent Prosecutor (2016), plays the charismatic cop Kim. Uhm Ji-Won as Lieutenant Shin Gemma, Oh Dal-Su as Prosecutor Hwang Myung Joon, and Jin Kyuan as advertising executive Kim Eom Ma, complete the ensemble.

November 21, 2016

Kang Dong Won Attests To Just How Affectionate Kim Woo Bin Is

Source: Soompi by A. Choi 

Kim Woo Bin Kang Dong Wan

It looks like there is another bromance in the making!

On November 19, KBS2’s “Entertainment Relay” revealed an interview with Kang Dong Won, Kim Woo Bin, and Lee Byung Hun, the three talented actors of the upcoming movie “Master,” which boasts one of the most star-studded casts of this year.

Kim Woo Bin is the youngest amongst those three actors and he opened up about how he felt on the set, saying, “There was a lot of pressure on the set. I was the second from the youngest among all of the actors, so I thought to myself that as long as I do well, it will be okay.”

The MC asked, “Do you have a lot of aegyo (cute display of affection) to your senior actors?,” to which Kim Woo Bin replied, “I don’t have a lot of aegyo but I do like skinship (physical contact).”

As soon as he answered that, Kang Dong Won, who was seated next to him, chimed in, “Kim Woo Bin has an affectionate style. He likes to touch you,” as everyone cracked up laughing.

“Master” is a crime action film riddled with deceit, as a criminal investigation team hunts down the con artist and brains behind a major fraud case. The film has released its first teaser in September and is regarded as one of the most anticipated films of the year.

Source (1)

Archived