[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MiAmour said:

Well i had feeling she will be the bad/evil princess, 

cause that would be more interesting :smirk:

Oh yes please! Be her a great and admirable evil princess... like Lady Mishil in Queen Seondeok... wow, she was one hell of a woman! She was a worthy opponent of Deokman/Queen Seodeok... they admired, feared, fight, and envy each other. A dynamic like no other. Of course it was good for us because we all know who will win in the end. Their on-screen presence was worth the looooong episodes...

1 hour ago, Random_Fangurl said:

And there's so many lovelines, I give up shipping people with each other lol, let them choose by themselves :lol:

hahaha... I can understand your... errr... devastation hahahaha..... but still.... me: #SunWooAroFTW :tongue:

33 minutes ago, MiAmour said:

Guess im the only one who rooting for Ji Dwi x Aro :sweat_smile:

but i know well who will Aro choose.. eventually lol

Not just you. Me too..

Just noticed that Aro and Sam Maek Jong has the same eyebrow shape and color.

Started live stream!! Continued from the giving flower to Aro scene.

Hi! Dropping by for a live recap tonight!

Starts with last episode's scene like AR and Master WR talking, saying MM was kind and stuff, and SW giving AR the chrysanthemums. And AR asking WR if her bro missed her. AR started asking a question and WR sighed (i cant understand!)

And now AR says SW is not her bro and asks who he is. SW admits that he is nt her bro and AR asks who he is. SW says he is her bro's friend. AR asks where is her biological bro. SW says he died. AR cries and asks why her bio bro died while SW lived. SW said smth to her abt him living in real SW's place and ask her to do so too (if i did not understand their conversation wrongly)

SMJ sees AR and follows her. HAHA and he scares her and then he saw her crying.

AR comes to a stream while thinking back to SW's words on various occasions. SMJ follows her while SW is hacking the scarecrow like figures furiously till his hand bleeds. He also thinks back to the times where AR treated him when he's injured. 

LOL SMJ got his bodyguard to pretend to be him sleeping in his bed while he goes out (following AR) There is even a sign asking ppl not to go near him. But SH comes in and asks Fake SMJ aka bodyguard smth. And bodyguard whimpers and SH thought SMJ is nt feeling well HAHAHA and asks him not to mess up smth in front of th queen.

AR is still crying with SMJ still following her around. LOL and he tries to cheer her up by giving her money, and asks her if she wants a hug. And he asks who is the one who made her cry and asks her to tell him what she wants. Awwww SMJ is acting like a real bf who is going after the guy who made his girl cry. 

AR says she is crying because of herself (i may be wrong cos kinda missed it)

It's night time and SMJ is still following her HAHA. AR goes back to her house and looks at her dad who is busy. And thinks to herself why dad made someone who is not her real bro her bro. AND SMJ climbed over the wall to get back and SW asks him if AR is fine.

SMJ asks how did SW managed to make her so upset. SW asks again if AR is fine agitatedly.

SW then sits by himself and thinks back to when he admit that he isnt AR's real bro. Meanwhile, AR is in her room deep thought. And SMJ is looking at the "Wang" drawn by AR thinking abt the time when AR said she cried because of herself

Now to th queen. She's thinking back to her conversation with the hwarang master. Queen is consulting some minister. And here comes princess sookmyung! Hwarang master's good friend is by the streets watching her entourage pass by and asks some qn.

Princess meets th queen and she hugs the princess. Queen talks to hwarang master abt princess (maybe to let her into hwarang house). Hwarang master says he will manage hwarang house well. Queen then asks about Ji Dwi and says smth abt he is a spy or so and asks if master have any evidence to prove that he is nt a spy. MAster then thinks back to his interactions with SMJ.

Hwarang master and queen continues to talk (which i cant understand) and master thinks back again to his conversation with SMJ. AND master have a weird look in his eyes (he figured out smth fishy abt SMJ maybe?) and then says he will accept the princess into Hwarang house. 

AR serves hwarang master some tonic and she is not looking well. She asks if SW is a fine hwarang. Is he a person that can be trusted? What kind of person is he? Master did not answer and AR leaves while crying.

SW sits by th stream and ponder. AR does laundry and murmurs to herself, and SMJ appears in front of her. He overheard her murmurs and asks abt it. AR tries to continue her laundry and SMJ pulls her over. SMJ asks her smth (i cant unds), AR asks smth back. And now SMJ covers her from the sun (just like th stills released). SW sees them frm a distance and AR sees him looking at her and SMJ. SW turns to leave.

Princess Sookmyung arrives at hwarang house. Hwarang master greets her. Master says he will show her around but she requests to go in and explore alone.

SH, YW and HS sees princess and discusses abt her. Princess walks around with her guard while SMJ and his bodyguard is looking at her from somewhr as well. 

SW is by the stream again. And this time princess walked over to the stream alone. She sits down at a spot within SW's view and starts removing her socks and put her feet into the water. Just like th preview. She falls asleep by a rock? and sees SW walking towards her. She thought SW was her to harm her and she grabbed her sword. But SW was there to get the snake off the tree she was near. She wanted to kill the snake but SW stopped her. She asked that that is a poisonous snake, so why didnt u kill it. I didnt catch SW's reply. (smth along th lines of its nt its fault for being born, so why kill it)

AR and SW finally meet aft that revelation. AR questions him and says that SW's words of "those that u cant remember, i will remember" are lies. They continue to talk (which i cannot understand). AR says smth like she dislikes him and asks him to get lost. Sw leaves and she cries. OH GOSH WHY DO THIS WHEN U DONT EVEN MEAN IT. Okay she prolly needs some more time to get over that fact and shock.

Master WR plays some zither like instrument at night and AR was leaving Hwarang house and SW is looking at her leaving. Hwarang master is having drinks with his assistant. They talk. Assistant asks master why did he accept princess. Master says to protect th hwarangs. 

Princess removes her socks and looks at her feet and thinks back to her encounter with SW.

BR thinks of smth his biological dad said.

Next day, SR and AR meets by th wall and talk. SR talks abt BR while AR talks abt orabeoni.

Master Wooreuk's lesson again. Hwarangs are doing some form of stretching exercise HAHAHAHAHA

BR and SH are practising together!!!! SMJ and SW as 1 pair. HAHAHAHA

Eating time for th hwarangs. YW asks some questions around.

Hwarang master talks to th hwarangs abt the performance. And it seems that their pass/fail will be decided by th people. 

BR is missing from the briefing and thought abt th words that his bio dad said, which is not to make stepdad disappointed. Then AR comes and confront him abt some letter and SR. He receives another letter from SR. SR says she will support him and perform well. (smth along th line)

Hwarangs rehearse and princess comes by. Master then tells Hwarangs that she will be staying in hwarang house for now. And one of the hwarangs asked her smth. She comes to the centre and starts drawing her sword and perform swordplay. And she stares right at SW. Master Wr starts to play the drums for her and she performs her moves. Her sword stops right in front of one hwarang and that hwarang was scared. She says that there cannot be any mistakes in the upcoming perf.

All th ladies are preparing for Hwarang's performance. (by putting on makeup and whatnot)

BR's both dads are talking while biological dad is dressing stepdad. Stepdad talks abt queen collapsing.

SMJ comes to see AR and she asks why is he here. She says she cant sleep or so and SMJ invites her to sleep together. AR plucks out a needle to scare him off. Both of them talk. SMJ asks her to come, cause he thinks of dancing for her. He tells her to come.

AR meets SW and its still awkward btn them. She says he is not her bro, and smth else. She says smth abt her dad being pititful cos he has been looking for bro for a long time. SW strokes her head and she flings his hand off. Master AJ meets with Queen. He gives her some advice and see the tea he tested last time(?) being given to queen. Queen decides not to drink th tea. 

My streaming skipped. And her bodyguard came in. Master AJ tries to leave and queen asks him abt her proposal last time (most likely th one that will he still come to her if she pleaded)

Hwarangs are dressing themselves and making the necessary preparations. 

The people are excited. Ministers there to view th perf. The Hwarang who harassed AR last time come and greet BR's stepdad. AR comes near the Hwarang tent and wonders if they are preparing well. YW sees her and asks her why is she here and asks for her help. HAHAAH HE just dragged her in. 

She asks if there is anything she can help with and HS said he cant wear his belt. SMJ(? didnt catch it) and SW starts to leave th tent. They realise BR is missing. 

Switch to BR who takes out a small knife near the drums and Sw spots him and ask what is he doing there. BR is his aggressive usual self towards SW.

Scene cuts to performance. People are cheering over the performances. Queen is starting to feel unwell. Princess asks if she is well and queen says she needs to rest for a while. Her bodyguard accompanies her. Hwarang master and master WR are giving their final briefing. Hwarang all dressed up and ready for performance. YW raises his hands and said smth. BR wanders around looking conflicted (i bet he hasnt ruined anything)

AR treating a hwarang, and HS comes by. HS is looking for SMJ and BR. AR is agitated haha yelling fail?! cause HS says he has to find them soon if not they will fail their 2nd test.

SMJ went to meet Queen. AR went to look for SMJ and sees SMJ. She sees SMJ talking to the Queen. She even overhears SMJ calling Queen "mother". Queen and SMJ talking abt smth regarding th king. AR figures out that SMJ is King Jinheung. Queen's bodyguard catches AR from behind and silenced her. SMJ and queen continue talking. 

BR's stepdad asking how is it going on, and biological dad said it shld be done. OH NO BR!!! The drums are being destroyed. BR I TRUSTED U!!!

AR is being brought in front of the Queen, unconscious. Queen is angry and points a sword at AR. The end.

Preview:

Masters find th drums destoyed.

SH finds BR and punches him in front of other Hwarang bros.

And there are th nangdo coming in? Not too sure of it.

AR calling out for help and SW goes around looking for her i think.

SMJ and queen have a showdown, SMJ calling himself King Jinheung when his mum called him SMJ.

18 minutes ago, cpy95 said:

SMJ asks her to come, cause he thinks of dancing for her. He tells her to come.

This part is funny. "You must come!" and with his finger gesture.

12 minutes ago, cpy95 said:

She asks if there is anything she can help with and HS said he cant wear his belt. SMJ(? didnt catch it) and SW starts to leave th tent. They realise BR is missing. 

Queen and SMJ talking abt smth regarding th king. AR figures out that SMJ is King Jinheung. Queen's bodyguard catches AR from behind and silenced her. SMJ and queen continue talking. 

Both SMJ and SW left because they can't seem to stand Aro helping other men wearing their belts? Or in SMJ's case, he answered that he has an appointment (with the Queen, of course) when SH asked where is he going. 

SMJ is asking why is the queen bringing the princess and (I think) they are talking about his marriage with the princess. SMJ refused and the queen said that whatever he thinks, it's not important.

Thanks, @cpy95 for the recaps. I meant to help out too but soompi forum doesn't seem to agree with my live stream. My live stream will hang whenever I load the forum.

This episode falls a little flat compared to my expectation to see performance and showdowns. Too much Aro crying scene. Go Ara needs to manage her crying act to differentiate between real-sad-crying and child-like-crying.

Seems like the love-square will be Princess --> SW --><-- AR <-- SMJ

@Ainee Etp No problem! Thanks for filling the gaps! Do join in the live recapping if possible!!! (use another live stream link perhaps?) :)

Showdown will prolly come tmr when SMJ goes to rescue AR frm getting killed by his mum (i saw it somewhere in a preview or so) and reiterating he is the King to his mum. And also the Nangdo's coming to Hwarang house (idk why but i thought th nangdo's joining might be significant to the hwarangs) and there  might be more info on SW's birth that was shown in th preview. But given th drama's pattern of releasing previews, we might only get to see some of the scenes next mon instead of tmr. Sigh... One only can wait

Archived