Quantcast
Seiran029

[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

8 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

@zagigirl actually i think she is saying sorry or something along those lines to ban ryu, because ban ryu seems to look at her while suho is shaking him but we will see in ep 7 whats really going on. lol his face was priceless, he even touched the place she slapped him and wasnt letting go. his probably in shock at being grabbed by her, then slapped and then witnessing her knocking out her brother. im sure ban ryu hasnt met a girl like her.

i hope  aro finds out sunwoo isnt her bro soon, so we can see what the aftermath of that is and that way its not weird for her to fall for him cause she knows they arent related. park seo joon and his may hairstyles in tbis drama, he looks good in all of them tbh

also loving yeowool and hansung, both are so cute. happy to see really good responses to the show, it has that offbeat vibe to it that you cant stop watching. also its just a lot of fun

hhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for that scene!! the seconds we saw from the preview were enough to make us lough out loud!! Oh My God!! the look in his face was awesome!! :lol: I want to see more of him with Soo Yeon, she's bringing another side of him wedidn't see before!! :lol: and I love this girl, she hillariously cute!! :lol: 

I hope so too but I think it will take some time and she'll start realising her feelings and starts to try to avoid Sun Woo, who won't let her succeed in it :P, before realising the truth!! and yes I loved Park Seo Joon in all his different hair style too!! :wub: 

yes I loved them too!! Han Sung is innocently cute while Yeo Wool is mysterious while being funny!! 

it's a great thing to see more people getting interested and loving the drama, I'm really loving it!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

8 hours ago, emiry32 said:

Yes! His answer was really funny :tounge_xd: Even though PSJ didn't think he looked good in those hairstyles, I think he pulled them off really well! :blush:

I agree with you!! :blush:

7 hours ago, ferily said:

Hehe, thank you for explaining what I meant ^^

Agree with you 100%!

i'm so glad that there are positive comments about Hwarang as well~

Wow, you're watching 5 ongoing dramas? :scream: I could never do this because if I watch even 2 dramas at the same time, my focus for both of them shift and my focus for 2 dramas aren't even. I'll be focused in one drama 100% but not with the other haha. I like to have my full attention to one drama~ This is why I always stick with watching 1 drama at a time ^^ But everyone is different haha : D

3 dramas, that is still alot ell!

you're most welcome chingu!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes 5 is too much for me too!! :blink: focusing on one drama is a great thing, I did that with W (till Moon Lovers started as I couldn't miss Lee Jun Ki's drama :blush:) and after W's end I needed to watch many dramas as I was tooooooo bored so I started two dramas that I wasn't really interested in but just gaved them a shot and they were really fun (Weightlifting Fairy and The Man Living In Our house though the 2nd dissapointed me with its ending) the Gong Yoo came with a new drama after 5 years and I'd never miss that and I love Park Seo Joon and the drama's plot seamed interesting and there is a bromance to look forward with Park Hyung Sik so missing the drama whould be a shame and I'm happy that I did start it because it's really good and fun but good thing every drama is in a different timeslot or I would've lost my mind!!  :lol: 

awwww so cute!! :wub: 

cr: owner

I want more fanarts for all our hwarangs and heroine!! that would be too cute!! :wub: 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhh good idea!! ;) yes we need her to find out soon!! that would help!! 

I was so happy when he asked her!! I forgot that we have another person other than her father who knew Sun Ho as the friend of real Sun Woo!! the he's doubting himself right now but he knows enough to help her keep her doubts!! 

You r right...sooner or later that guy will mention the other guy that was with him...wonder if she askes about him our MM what will he say to her

Anyway...2 guys is enough to make her wonder...when she includes her strange feelings too...can't wait for her to know

7 hours ago, emiry32 said:

Yes! His answer was really funny :tounge_xd: Even though PSJ didn't think he looked good in those hairstyles, I think he pulled them off really well! :blush:

I agree :blush:

6 hours ago, ferily said:

Wow, you're watching 5 ongoing dramas? :scream: I could never do this because if I watch even 2 dramas at the same time, my focus for both of them shift and my focus for 2 dramas aren't even. I'll be focused in one drama 100% but not with the other haha. I like to have my full attention to one drama~ This is why I always stick with watching 1 drama at a time ^^ But everyone is different haha : D

3 dramas, that is still alot as well!

Yeah...RD&Hwarang, WLFKBJ&LOTBS and Goblin...well and i take a peek at one couple scenes of FITCOY :)

Make me time goes faster...and i'm totally with a drama while i watch...but able to shift and let go for a while...yes, everyone is different :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, evie7 said:

It's not just you, he is one handsome man but I just don't why they had to keep changing the hair!

We are good chingu, I'm on board the SS AhMung ugly-chick-smiley-10.gif I'm enjoying the heck out PHS in this one but I've got 3 oppas I'm drooling over, so far. I think sister is begging her brother to leave BR alone.

8 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

@zagigirl actually i think she is saying sorry or something along those lines to ban ryu, because ban ryu seems to look at her while suho is shaking him but we will see in ep 7 whats really going on. lol his face was priceless, he even touched the place she slapped him and wasnt letting go. his probably in shock at being grabbed by her, then slapped and then witnessing her knocking out her brother. im sure ban ryu hasnt met a girl like her.

i hope  aro finds out sunwoo isnt her bro soon, so we can see what the aftermath of that is and that way its not weird for her to fall for him cause she knows they arent related. park seo joon and his may hairstyles in tbis drama, he looks good in all of them tbh

also loving yeowool and hansung, both are so cute. happy to see really good responses to the show, it has that offbeat vibe to it that you cant stop watching. also its just a lot of fun

Not sure either if its to bro or BR... @evie7 you might be right... but is connected to BR....i think that their scene was a misunderstanding and bros apperance comes at a wrong time...whatever happen between her and BR didn't deserve bro t opunch him as well and she might be sorry...but i think its ok...love hurts...time for BR to find out :wink:

Can't wait for them :wub:...and can't wait for that actor lighter facial expressions...so far he's been always so dark and angry

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

You r right...sooner or later that guy will mention the other guy that was with him...wonder if she askes about him our MM what will he say to her

Anyway...2 guys is enough to make her wonder...when she includes her strange feelings too...can't wait for her to know

I agree :blush:

Yeah...RD&Hwarang, WLFKBJ&LOTBS and Goblin...well and i take a peek at one couple scenes of FITCOY :)

Make me time goes faster...and i'm totally with a drama while i watch...but able to shift and let go for a while...yes, everyone is different :)

oh!! that would be a hard and sad moment as it will remind him  again (though he didn't forget to begin with) of the day he lost his friend/hyung!! :tears: 

yes!! me too!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhh well I do check on Legend Of The Blue Sea and Docoter Romantic too but I'll watch them later!! I can't for my sanity add more dramas for now!! :lol: 

25 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Not sure either if its to bro or BR... @evie7 you might be right... but is connected to BR....i think that their scene was a misunderstanding and bros apperance comes at a wrong time...whatever happen between her and BR didn't deserve bro t opunch him as well and she might be sorry...but i think its ok...love hurts...time for BR to find out :wink:

Can't wait for them :wub:...and can't wait for that actor lighter facial expressions...so far he's been always so dark and angry

yes I think so too!! and Soo Ho is just allergic to Ban Ryu that he jumped to the wrong conclusion the second he saw him near his sister!! :lol: sorry but this is what we call it Karma Ban Ryu-ah!! that's the price for bad mouthing Ah Ro believing she's Sun Woo's sister!! :lol: 

yes!! he have a nice smile but he's not showing it yet but that will change soon!! ;) 

my heart still hurts everytime I see Mak Moon's friendship with Moo Myung!! :tears: but though he will never be forgotten or replaced it's a good thing to see Moo Myung gaining new friends!! I want to see him surrounded by MANY friends because he really needs them and deserve them!! :wub: 

ok so FANGIRLING TIME!! :love: (ok, we're fangirling the entire running time of the drama but you know what I mea hihihi)

cr:  psm_1216

one more!! :love: 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ferily said:

I'm watching 5 too and a Jdrama that has ended (Just waiting for subs......:tears:)But I know what you mean about the focus on one. TBH my focus on staying in 1 thread was broken by this drama. It has exceeded my expectations. 

@bila_a1 So she ends up slapping BR? I was trying to find the preview on youtube but got side tracked for a few hours:phew: I did find it at Couch Kimchi but can't tell. 

2 hours ago, zagigirl said:

you might be right... but is connected to BR....i think that their scene was a misunderstanding and bros apperance comes at a wrong time...whatever happen between her and BR didn't deserve bro t opunch him as well and she might be sorry...but i think its ok...love hurts...time for BR to find out :wink:

Lol it would be nice to see BR lighten up, this is my first time watching this actor, it would be nice to see him smile.  Bro is going to hate this, I love it, I'm looking fwd to this romance.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for that scene!! the seconds we saw from the preview were enough to make us lough out loud!! Oh My God!! the look in his face was awesome!! :lol: I want to see more of him with Soo Yeon, she's bringing another side of him wedidn't see before!! :lol: and I love this girl, she hillariously cute!! :lol: 

I hope so too but I think it will take some time and she'll start realising her feelings and starts to try to avoid Sun Woo, who won't let her succeed in it :P, before realising the truth!! and yes I loved Park Seo Joon in all his different hair style too!! :wub: 

yes I loved them too!! Han Sung is innocently cute while Yeo Wool is mysterious while being funny!! 

it's a great thing to see more people getting interested and loving the drama, I'm really loving it!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

honestly i saw the behind the scene interview and saw how they met, and i died laughing lol i mean i still cant process it. if i were her i would have been a puddle of embarrassment. but true i cant wait to see a different side to his cold broody demeanor and him struggling with these new found feelings for his sisters enemy, added with the fact that he was likely raised in a very cold way so these emotions were probably stomped out of him or seen as a bad thing. i mentioned pride and prejudice but i feel like he will act a lot like darcy when his around sooyeon in the beginning . and from what we've seen of sooyeon, i love her already, she's no innocent wallflower:phew:

3 hours ago, zagigirl said:

@bold but he does it so well and looks soo good :smirk:...... but i totally agree, seeing cold, angry characters lighten up a little is really satisfying to watch.same, i can not wait to see how their romance will unfold.

@evie7 yeah she does slap him in the heat of the moment. im looking forward to the full scene playing out.

• Like 5

episode 7 stills!! :love: 

he's helping her?!! squeeeeeeeeee stop making me love more and more Sun Woo-ya!! :heart: they are so lovely together!! :love: 

what is he giving her?!! that smile on his face!! :wub: 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, bila_a1 said:

honestly i saw the behind the scene interview and saw how they met, and i died laughing lol i mean i still cant process it. if i were her i would have been a puddle of embarrassment. but true i cant wait to see a different side to his cold broody demeanor and him struggling with these new found feelings for his sisters enemy, added with the fact that he was likely raised in a very cold way so these emotions were probably stomped out of him or seen as a bad thing. i mentioned pride and prejudice but i feel like he will act a lot like darcy when his around sooyeon in the beginning . and from what we've seen of sooyeon, i love her already, she's no innocent wallflower:phew:

@bold but he does it so well and looks soo good :smirk:...... but i totally agree, seeing cold, angry characters lighten up a little is really satisfying to watch.same, i can not wait to see how their romance will unfold.

@evie7 yeah she does slap him in the heat of the moment. im looking forward to the full scene playing out.

yes, I believe his life he had and how he was raised without warmness is the reason for his cold heart!! he never received love apparently and all he was raised with was the need for power and that who has more power or you'll be stepped on!! good thing he'll have her and our Hwarang knights to change that believe and know that relationship and feelings are more powerful and satisfying than power with no one to care for or be cared by!! and yes she's more than a pretty girl!! ;) I'm looking forward to these two's romance, they'll be so cute!!:wub: and her brother will be supper funny!! :lol: 

and I'm waiting for this!! :lol: (OTP stills, not sure if it's episode 7 or not though!!) :wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor girl not getting what just happened!! :lol: Sun Woo: "Kara!!"="Go!!" :lol: he's so adorable when he's flustred!! :wub: hhhhhhhhhh

• Like 7

5 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

oh!! that would be a hard and sad moment as it will remind him  again (though he didn't forget to begin with) of the day he lost his friend/hyung!! :tears: 

yes I think so too!! and Soo Ho is just allergic to Ban Ryu that he jumped to the wrong conclusion the second he saw him near his sister!! :lol: sorry but this is what we call it Karma Ban Ryu-ah!! that's the price for bad mouthing Ah Ro believing she's Sun Woo's sister!! :lol: 

yes!! he have a nice smile but he's not showing it yet but that will change soon!! 

Will be hard...but i think he will feel easier afterwords a bit...he liked him so much yet has noone to talk to about their friendship

Allergic? Right he he 

4ZD2l3.gif 

Think will take him a while to smile after that :tongue:

3 hours ago, evie7 said:

I'm watching 5 too and a Jdrama that has ended (Just waiting for subs......:tears:)But I know what you mean about the focus on one. TBH my focus on staying in 1 thread was broken by this drama. It has exceeded my expectations. 

@bila_a1 So she ends up slapping BR? I was trying to find the preview on youtube but got side tracked for a few hours:phew: I did find it at Couch Kimchi but can't tell. 

Lol it would be nice to see BR lighten up, this is my first time watching this actor, it would be nice to see him smile.  Bro is going to hate this, I love it, I'm looking fwd to this romance.

There r times that really you have one drama to your total liking at a moment...then its easy to stay at one topic...these r not such times...at least for me :)

Slap wasn't showned...but he holds hand over his cheek and her hand is up...don't think we got it wrong he he...and i think we agree he deserves it a bit...if not for SH's sister then for comments on AR :wink:

2 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

Maybe it was a reflex slap coz she seems sorry right aftwds...or is she surprised?...what if he got a slap by accident instead of someone else?

BTW...those 2 won't be only one surprised tomm

D3kWVs.gif 

Anyway...let us leave lovelines aside for a while...looking fwd to bonding time of our cute hwarangs

CcnbnT.gif 

4 little so cuuuuuuute mouses :wub:

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Will be hard...but i think he will feel easier afterwords a bit...he liked him so much yet has noone to talk to about their friendship

Allergic? Right he he 

Think will take him a while to smile after that :tongue:

There r times that really you have one drama to your total liking at a moment...then its easy to stay at one topic...these r not such times...at least for me :)

Slap wasn't showned...but he holds hand over his cheek and her hand is up...don't think we got it wrong he he...and i think we agree he deserves it a bit...if not for SH's sister then for comments on AR :wink:

Maybe it was a reflex slap coz she seems sorry right aftwds...or is she surprised?...what if he got a slap by accident instead of someone else?

BTW...those 2 won't be only one surprised tomm

Anyway...let us leave lovelines aside for a while...looking fwd to bonding time of our cute hwarangs

4 little so cuuuuuuute mouses :wub:

right!! it's hard to live his friends live with his identity, locking all his memories with him in his heart not being able to share them with anyone!! :heartbreak: but, hopefully, he'll be able to talk about him all he wants with Ah Ro when she'll know the truth!! 

yes he totally deserved it for badmothing Ah Ro!! :lol: 

hhhhhhhhhhhh that would be hillarious and I'd love any missunderstanding that put him in awkward and hard situation with Soo Ho!! :lol: 

I can't tell who's the 4th!! we have Sun Woo, Maek Jong, Soo Ho!! is the 4th Yeo Wool?!! that would make sens!! Ban Ryu wouldn't be sneeking with them...yet!! hhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, yes, it's Yeo Wool!! :D

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I can't tell who's the 4th!! we have Sun Woo, Maek Jong, Soo Ho!! is the 4th Yeo Wool?!! that would make sens!! Ban Ryu wouldn't be sneeking with them...yet!! hhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, yes, it's Yeo Wool!! :D

Its to fast...might be YW..i wish it is BR

I will dedicate some time to our young king...he had so much hardship in last ep

Had to carry for the first time...and on top of that had to see a beautiful man...see how he took a step back he he

A_Q0R3.gif 

Its great to have and to ride a beautiful horse but to clean after it its a different matter

Lix5HV.gif 

Had to take a group shower...the way he turned his back he he

nGPqyM.gif

'If you hold it in, i'll tear you to shred (you can do anything but badmouth AR, great mistake, huuuuge)

CfK-L8.gif 

Was kicked out of a girl lap...and caught by his mother!

I33yTM.gif

,,,and at the end she made him feel pathetic :tears:

Su6-he.gif

Wonder will he start new one with a slap or will she just push him away...

Hope he become stronger so his dear mother don't get the chance to fulfill her threat. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Its to fast...might be YW..i wish it is BR

I'm waiting for the day he'll do that but for now he won't be there for now!! 

I will dedicate some time to our young king...he had so much hardship in last ep

Had to carry for the first time...and on top of that had to see a beautiful man...see how he took a step back he he

hhhhhhhhhhhh yes!! and I pulled away from my laptop screen at that moment!! :P hhhhhh

Its great to have and to ride a beautiful horse but to clean after it its a different matter

hhhhhhhhhhhhh now he'll see the people who are responsible for the hourses in a new light!! :lol: but really he'll see how what came to his hands easilly only by demanding them came through the hard work of others!! 

Had to take a group shower...the way he turned his back he he

hhhhhhhhhhhh want them to give us more shower scenes!! :P:wub: 

'If you hold it in, i'll tear you to shred (you can do anything but badmouth AR, great mistake, huuuuge)

I love how no one was happy of Ban Ryu's disrespect!! even Soo Ho joined them!! :D 

Was kicked out of a girl lap...and caught by his mother!

poor kid!! :( his mother sucks!!

,,,and at the end she made him feel pathetic :tears:

hopefully things will change after joining Hwarang, learning to be a better person and king, winning friends and people by his side!! 

Wonder will he start new one with a slap or will she just push him away...

really don't know!! but he'll have a punsh for sure from Sun Woo!! 

Hope he become stronger so his dear mother don't get the chance to fulfill her threat. 

when she told him that she can disown him!! I was like "you're not making your son trust you here, for your information!!" :blink: 

BTS stills!! :wub: 

Spoiler

cr:  hwarangthebeginning_official

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhh want them to give us more shower scenes!! :P:wub: 

Me too..last time they didn't have enough time to conclude whose's bigger :vicx:

21 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

All stills r great...tnx chingu...like 2 girls...seems they will teach some manners to our naughty boys here :wink:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Me too..last time they didn't have enough time to conclude whose's bigger :vicx:

All stills r great...tnx chingu...like 2 girls...seems they will teach some manners to our naughty boys here :wink:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh chingu!! :o :vicx:

yes they will and we will cheer for them!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

and you're most welcome chingu!! :D 

I didn't see this BTS before!! love it!! :wub: 

BTS and stills!! :wub: 

well, this is not a new still but I just love this scene!! :wub: 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

well, this is not a new still but I just love this scene!! :wub: 

Yeah...me too...

2lasOv.gif

...and the scene after he rescued her...

gWSaQx.gif 

She learned really fast to trust him...trust is really difficult thing even between siblings

For some reason he really likes him

05hEg1.gif

...she too

HYns6b.gif

me too :wub:....but you can't pleased everyone

MEhY8e.gif

:wink:

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Yeah...me too...

...and the scene after he rescued her...

She learned really fast to trust him...trust is really difficult thing even between siblings

For some reason he really likes him

...she too

me too :wub:....but you can't pleased everyone

:wink:

yes!! me too!! heart knows who to trust chingu, right?!! ;)

hhhhhhhhhhh yes!! me too but some people will need more time than others (Maek Jong and Ban Ryu's case)!! ;) can't wait for Sun Woo to have many friends by his side!! :wub: 

what is he doing on the floor like this?!! hhhhhhhhhh

awwww so sweet!! :blush: 

hhhhhhhhh we all were therewhile studying not only you Sun Woo-ya!! :lol: 

• Like 6

On 1/9/2017 at 7:32 AM, MiAmour said:

STILLs

can't wait for their class time!! :w00t: what would Sun Woo and the others' answers be?!! :D  this drama is making me onterested in soccar and studies when I'm not a fan of them in real life!! hhhhhhhhhh

stills and BTS stills in HQ pictures!! :love: 

adorably flustred Sun Woo!! :love: :lol: 

DSC00315.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00281.jpg?type=w1200

%EB%B0%95%EC%84%9C%EC%A4%80_%EA%B3%A0%EC%95%84%EB%9D%BC.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

%EC%95%84%EB%A1%9C_%ED%99%A9%EB%8B%B9%ED%95%B4.jpg?type=w1200

Sun Woo helping Ah Ro doing her chores!! :blush: 

Spoiler

DSC03475.jpg?type=w1200

DSC03483.jpg?type=w1200

%EC%93%B0%EB%8B%B4%EC%93%B0%EB%8B%B4.jpg?type=w1200

Maek Jong with Ah Ro!! :wub: 

Spoiler

DSC00998.jpg?type=w1200

%EC%98%A4%EB%8B%A4%EC%A3%BC%EC%9B%A0%EB%8B%A4.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00912.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00939.jpg?type=w1200

%EB%B0%95%ED%98%95%EC%8B%9D.jpg?type=w1200

stills from episode 6 and 3!! :wub::blush: 

Spoiler

DSC07328.jpg?type=w1200

DSC06563.jpg?type=w1200

BTS stills!! :blush: 

Spoiler

DSC09173.jpg?type=w1200

_SHJ1597.jpg?type=w1200

_DSC1017.jpg?type=w1200

DSC07271.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_5986.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6302.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6205.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6247.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6247.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6247.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6247.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6247.jpg?type=w1200

DSC05285.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_6360.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 8

META
Beans of Wisdom: When your hairstyle is killer…
by DB Staff | January 8, 2017 | 25 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/beans-of-wisdom-when-your-hairstyle-is-killer/

Dee Em writes in “Hwarang: Episode 5” comment #10:

At this point, I’m just sad for poor Park Seo joon… looks like he’s forever cursed to act like the brother of the girl he loves, even when he’s not 

weallwantpizza:

Orion!!! *sobs*
on the other side, Go Ara plays another Najung where she falls to her brother’s friend who act like the real one when he’s not.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aren't they a perfect cast/much?!! :P on a serious note both of them had dramas without this set up!! hhhhhhhh

Del shares an issue with the show in comment #13.1:

While I enjoy this drama, I admit that I do feel bothered with how cheeky the girls in Silla as portrayed in this drama. They girls been practically chasing guys days in and days out, with endless gushing and screaming. I get that they want to emphasize the fact that Hwarang comprising of really good looking pretty warriors but why need to degrade the women to such extend? That’s somewhat bothersome.

siesta replies:

i feel like they’re trying to emulate modern day fangirls of idol groups.. and if you’ve seen videos of them whenever their idol is nearby i think this drama is pretty accurate

I think that fangirling is timeless!! hhhhhhhhhhhh

Ade wishes for an “ordinary” hero in comment #40:

I am not satisfied with the whole sun woo has a birth secret thing going on which am pretty percent sure will turn out to him having some maybe not so ordinary parents which kinds of ruins his whole journey for me.

The character has been described as someone who works hard and rises above his low status in life to make a name for himself… So why then must he have some sort of birth secret that will be revealed close to the end as if to say haha He was actually one of them all along(in terms of ranking if it does turn out he is not of low birth)

Maybe its just because in real live so many people struggle to overcome the circumstances that being of low birth poses combined with the richard simmons kicking life is going to deliver anyway and no birth secrets to the rescue.
Or am just being way too sensitive and the drama just wants to get angsty a la birth secrets..

this is my comment/reply in dramabeans: 

Sun Woo will rise and win his high status with his own hard work not through his true parents status when that to be revealed so the birth secret won’t diminish his morals, struggles and achievements in such a cruel system that steps on powerless people!!

I think that the birth secret is more of a safety and happy ending (sort of) guaranty for Sun Woo, Ah Ro and Ah Ro’s father who would be killed the second it’s revealed that Sun Woo/Moo Myung is a low-born man without even a name if not for the high status of his true parents that will be revealed!! and Sun Woo is a free spirited man who believed in equality between everyone and that the weak are to be protected not steped on from the get go and he wouldn’t really care about his new identity/status being a true sacred bone or even a son of a royalty (I believe he is) but that will affect the Queen who doesn’t want to give up the thrown and her evil ministers who are after Sam Maek Jong’s life to kill him and replace him/make the Queen step down and make Ban Ryu the new King!!

While in comment #44 of “Hwarang: Episode 6,” JC writes a brilliant response to the exam question “What does water mean to a king?”:

Y’all are talking about who Sun Woo’s parents really are, how terrible Ji Dwi is being to Ah Ro, and why each of our puppies are having the emotional issues they are and how better they will all be once they bond (all valid points I do agree with). Meanwhile, I am over here composing an essay in my head to answer the water/king question and wishing there was a magic portal so I could submit it to Head Instructor Dude for critique. I’d have to do a bit of SKS style cross-dressing and there would be a definite benefit of puppies, but I want to be a Hwarang for the schoolwork.

And in case anyone wonders, my answer would be that water is king. Just like water can bring life or destroy, be weak or strong, a king can do the same. Water is neither inherently good or bad. Its morality is defined by what it does and so a king can also be good or bad. Lack of water will destroy people just like a weak king would destroy his nation. Yet a flood would do the same, so a king must not also be directionlessly strong or he may destroy his people. But we must not mistake subtle strength as weakness. Given time, water makes canyons. Wise kings know how to get where they need to go, keeping the end goal in mind and wearing away obstacles while seemingly avoiding them. So all of the answers given were correct. Water is powerful, weak, life-giving, and exhausted.

when k-dramaland makes us study!! :D I agree with this!! the morals of the King and his actions are similar to the water's traits and the King is all the answers they mentioned!!... till they give us a new and better answer in toay's episode!! :D 

YAY Finally we're monday!! :w00t: 

edit:

Hwarang's 5th OST that will be released is Hyorin's!! it's name is "서로의 눈물이 되어" means "Be Each Other's Tears" or something like that!! :w00t: can't wait for it to be released, I was waiting for it since the 1st time I heared it!!!! :w00t::heart: 

원본 이미지

cr: naver

• Like 8

Just finished epi 6 last night and...... I AM LOVING EVERY SECONDS, EVERY MINUTES, EVERY BITS, AND EVERYONE in that episode!!!

This episode gave us a glimpse of  hope that beneath all those facade of the Hwarang boys, be it the rude ones, the cheeky ones, the younger ones, the hesitant ones, the king, the true bones, the half-breeds... lie great characters waiting to blossom and raise to the surface. It tells that everybody in the Hwarang house have the potential to be great men. They just need time, the right teachings, the correct treatments, and some significant moments to prove themselves worthy to be the best men of Silla. After all, they were just boys because historically, Hwarang were teenagers. Among the many great and famous Hwarang was Kim Yusin who became` a hwarang at the age of 15, hwarang leader at 18, and a general with ten thousand of soldiers at the age of 34.  (yeah I know OUR boys are not as that young, but who cares? kekeke...) So the chaos in this hwarang house was just bound to happen because that was exactly what to expect from a bunch of boys at those age, with all those raging hormones, parental and societal expectations, and in a lethal combination with particular upbringing in the house of the bones. The result? An interesting mix of amusing annoyance, endless entertainment, important lessons, heart-wrenching moments, heart-warming interactions, and great-looking guys with magical long hairs :w00t: Which girls on earth can resist those??? I am sure I can't haha

Another point I would like to make is about our OTP. It seems that I shall survive this second lead syndrome because I am starting to ship for SW and AR right this moment haha (sorry @enigmatic_zephy and @sakura2016, I am leaving the second-lead ship now hihi). What I love is that this story does not make the "fake sibling" relationship a hindrance to pursue the cutest, most romantic, and most authentic OTP moments. I reaaaaaaly loooooove the writing scene. Both of them (epi 4 and 6). Seeing just the two of them, so comfortable around each other, teasing each other, showing great cares toward one another... aaaaah..... *melting into a puddle of gooey*

I would even further say that this "fake sibling" relationship just become one of the strength in the storyline because that particular situation in fact enable AR to be even closer to her "brother", all the while doubting the fact about their true relationship, as well as questioning her own feeling toward him. Practically, all those OTP moments we rooted for were the result of this "fake sibling" settings. She eagerly trusts him (agree with @zagigirl here that the heart knows where to trust :phew:), whimpering to him like all little sister does to her wonderful and caring big brother, or genuinely crying in fear for his safety instead of her own. More importantly, she told him openly about all of her feelings: how she missed him, how she wanted to be protected by him, how happy she was to see him... making a very much flustered SW who knows exactly that they are not sibling in any way (and already falls head over heel for her). On the other hand, SW also cheekily took advantage of this situation, particularly in getting himself closer than appropriate (if he was a stranger) to AR : letting her see him shirtless, leaning closely to her, gave her a piggyback ride home, holding her hand, and make her holding his hand while she taught him to write.... oooooh... my... anybody sweating in here? :sweatingbullets: Uh yeah, I am preparing myself for all hell break loose when she found out about this fake sibling relationship, tho... but in the mean time, I am enjoying every moment of it... kekeke...

And last but not least, Go Ara's acting were a topnotch to me. Her interactions with all those guys, including SMJ, were totally different from how she is with SW. The way she says things to him, how she looks at him, her body language... Hats off to her.

Really looking forward to more OTP moments in the rest episodes (all those teasing photo stills are driving me crazy :sweatingbullets:) and the growth of all the characters leading to the true making of the Hwarang (and one of the greatest king of Silla in history). Of course, we also have to brace ourselves for the anguishes, the struggles, more bloods, and some more fighting scenes (with the bad guys, definitely, and not with one another, even though I found those fighting scenes among the hwarang boys to be particularly amusing). It is still a loooooong way to go from here to episode 20. But I am with you all the way.

Edited by gwkzz
  • Like 10