[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Aigooooooooo...war is still going on?...to many beautiful men on one place and see what happens :wink:

Still sathurday?...2 more days :sweatingbullets:

Seems hard days awaits our hwarangs...king will confess he likes AhRo so MM will have a hard time...AR will have to deal with king's feelings so hard for her to...seems BR and SH's sister first meeting will be only light spot :)..well since BR will get a slap from girl then who knows what will SH do to him he'll have hard time as well

Just can't wait :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, lostmymusic said:

Omo! These webtoons are toooo cute! Is there anyone translating them? I'm going through them despite not understanding a word xD Hansung and YeoWool have interactions here? I'm guessing the extra pretty man with the fan is YeoWool..and the clueless looking maknae is Hansung. Hahah! YeoWool tipped his drink into someone's else's glass! Loving it! The webtoon really shows a different side to them. BanRyu tripped after seeing SooHyun!! These are legit the cutests! Someone please translate them!! I don't think they are covering everything in the drama..just filling in missing pieces, right?

I hope there would be but I didn't find any!! :( I understand a little but not much!! and yes the one who's sooo pretty with a fan is Yeo Wool!! I thought he's a girl if I din't read his name!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and the happy-go-lucky is Han Sung!! :lol: 

yes it's kind of different at some parts but leads to the same big lignes eventually!! I really loved them!! and Ban Ryu tripping at the sight of Soo Yeon was supper cute!! squeeeeeee 

Spoiler

the queen kissed Lee Min Ho?!! :blink: she's really lucky!! she even got Soo Ho falling for her!! :P hhhhhh

1 hour ago, Anthy Avila said:

Because girl's got awesome taste. And honestly the other choices wouldn't be that awesome especially from her POV:

1) Estranged brother who has no concept of personal space and own feelings (that is, that other people are entitled to their own feelings that don't match his), and is already pursuing a woman.

2) A playboy who wants her mom. (Gross, no matter how you look at it.)

3) A dangerously hostile, would-be pretender from the opposing faction.

4) A true bone heir who falls short of society's expectations. (I'll take this one, please and thank you.)

5) A rumored lover of men of unknown paternity. Oddly, probably the best choice, and yet even this loftily-ranked Hwarang is a 'mere' true bone to her sacred bone and would, basically, demote her children.

Has it ever been considered that MAYBE the reason she likes Sunwoo is she thinks he's the real king? (Bracelet shenanigans?) She may be a politically-inclined princess and wants her own sacred bone heir.

So sorry to butt in like this but it's not hard for the Princess to fall for SunWoo. The teasers indicate that it is SW who ends up becoming the lead knight of Hwarang (apologies if I totally saw it wrong) and he is the one who is the most morally sound of all the Hwarang trainees. Although he is more or less trapped in that place but he is willing to use this chance and opportunity to get strong not for someone else's sake but to protect what he wants to protect i.e. the ones who can't protect themselves. SunWoo is the kind of dignified character princesses tend to fall for. I doubt the drama would go on the way to make her a politically inclined princess. There was pic of her firing arrows in the opening of episode 1 so it could be the warrior in her who gets attracted to SunWoo. I mean the guy can totally pack in mean punches..

1 minute ago, sakura2016 said:

I hope there would be but I didn't find any!! :( I understand a little but not much!! and yes the one who's sooo pretty with a fan is Yeo Wool!! I thought he's a girl if I din't read his name!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and the happy-go-lucky is Han Sung!! :lol: 

yes it's kind of different at some parts but leads to the same big lignes eventually!! I really loved them!! and Ban Ryu tripping at the sight of Soo Yeon was supper cute!! squeeeeeee 

Awww! :( I'm really loving the guys here..unlike the drama here literally everyone has no chill xD Specially love the art for all the characters. Please keep on sharing whatever you understand from them. The webtoon is providing solid background information for our characters. Also if it's not much trouble can you share the new information from this webtoon? Or if you have already posted them somewhere can you link it here? I wanna read. It was so sweet to see MakMoon and MooMyung meet as kids <3 And AhRo is such a favorite of the entire capital! Hehehe..BanRyu sneakily listening to AhRo's tales was the BEST!

Loving , loving , loving Hwarang !

Didn't intend to but it happened never the less . So far , I'm trying to figure out Moo Myung's story and this is what I think :

1) He was left by his mother 10 years ago ( same time Sam Maek Jong left the Capital ) so I'm assuming it was the time the previous King passed away.

2) The Queen saying that he was her son kind of feels like foreshadowing that he maybe truly is her son .

3) Moo Myung's uncle/protector/carer keeps alluding to the fact that his fate was to stay and live quitely outside the Capital ( meaning he would be in danger if his true identity was revealed in the Capital ? )

4) As Moo Myung was walking away from his uncle/protector/carer ... he's said something like that he can't fight his destiny .

5) The fact that he's walking around with the bracelet that is the only thing that proves who the King is .

I'm hoping Moo Myung is the real King or at least the only person who could weaken Sam Make Jong's claim to the throne , which made someone want to hide him or banish him .

I also want to know Wi Hwa Kong's story , why was he really imprisoned by the late King his "friend"?

8 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Whaaat? who says I'm butthurt lol wth, I'm literally on sunwoo ship!!! IMO It's just kind of weird that everybody in the drama seems to be liking him when there's so many other pretty boys around

I am sorry!!!! It's that I thought you were trying to make it seem like Sun Woo wasn't good enough for the Princess to like. 

Wow, it looks like I missed alot while being gone for a week! :o The forums page jumped from 25 to 40! I was visiting my hometown so I haven't been able to watch episode 5 or 6 and haven't been reading the forums.... Time to catch up ^^

But omo, I accidentally skimmed to the end of episode 6 and....do I see a kiss scene?!?!?!? :scream:

On 12/31/2016 at 9:55 PM, Amanda_HS said:

Seo Joon and Hyungsik were so cute yesterday. They want the Best Couple Award in 2017.

The mic stand for Seo Joon did not raise up so he had no choice but to stand that way. I guess Hyungsik upon seeing his hyung standing that way also adjusted his pose. Best Couple indeed. Haha 

Spoiler

201701010131140510_1.jpg?type=w1

C1BFuq1VIAErbgh.jpg

On 12/31/2016 at 6:08 PM, sakura2016 said:

yes they are!! :wub: Hwarang Couple!! hhhhhhhhhhh

Spoiler

원본 이미지

cr: naver

I'm waiting for monday too!! good thing we're one day from the new episode!! palli palli!! :w00t: 

These photos of Seo Joon and Hyung Sik are so adorable! <3 (Sorry Mod, I just had to include them >w<) I didn't even realize that they attended the 2016 KBS Drama Awards! Fighting for Hwarang for the 2017 Drama Awards, haha!

4 hours ago, dani4lane said:

I am sorry!!!! It's that I thought you were trying to make it seem like Sun Woo wasn't good enough for the Princess to like. 

It's okay! hehe! are you on sunwoo ship too? I'm shipping him with aro since they looked so cute together! :wub:

On 1/1/2017 at 11:55 AM, sakura2016 said:

more stills of episode 5!! :w00t: let the Bromance and bickering begin!! :w00t::wub: 

Reveal hidden contents

DSC00370.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00418.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC00407.jpg?type=w1200

poor cutie!! :lol: you can't sleep as you please here my little boy!! hhhhhhhhh

Spoiler

_QJ_8570.jpg?type=w1200

the bickering is starting!! :lol: 

wait those are Ban Ryu's men!! :o will we have a fight?! :o:P 

Spoiler

DSC09430.jpg?type=w1200

cr: MyLoveKBS

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh the look on Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong can't be more telling!! :lol: Moo Myung is fine with all this as he never lived a great or luxirious life to begin with but what will our King in disguise do?!! :lol: let your competitivity push your spirit my King!! :lol: and what will Soo Ho, Ban Ryu, Yeo Wool and Han Sung (and the rest) will do?!! they are official's sons and they were never close to this kind of a life, they were always served and lived in clean places!! OH MY, this is gonna be HILLARIOUS!!  :lol: 

Honestly, I think I'm going to love Sam Maek Jong being apart of Hwarang because that way he'll learn about the common people and how they're always not spoon fed (I don't mean this in a bad way because since He is King, he has all the rights and royalty). Through this, he'll learn how to live like a common person and learn that they are all equal and all the same. Of course he is the king but since he's in disguise and pretending to be one of them, he'll have to learn to be like them as well :) In this situation, he'll have to treat everyone the same and not lowly and be treated equally as well. I think this will be beneficial for him when he does take the throne and will make him a better King~ I can't wait to see the kind of character development he'll go through as he is apart of the Hwarang. At least I hope it'll turn out like this. Also it's nice to see that Sam Maek Jong isn't like a stuck up King or arrogant. I guess this has to do with the fact that he's been in hiding for almost all his life as well. 

44 minutes ago, ferily said:

Honestly, I think I'm going to love Sam Maek Jong being apart of Hwarang because that way he'll learn about the common people and how they're always not spoon fed (I don't mean this in a bad way because since He is King, he has all the rights and royalty). Through this, he'll learn how to live like a common person and learn that they are all equal and all the same. Of course he is the king but since he's in disguise and pretending to be one of them, he'll have to learn to be like them as well :) In this situation, he'll have to treat everyone the same and not lowly and be treated equally as well. I think this will be beneficial for him when he does take the throne and will make him a better King~ I can't wait to see the kind of character development he'll go through as he is apart of the Hwarang. At least I hope it'll turn out like this. Also it's nice to see that Sam Maek Jong isn't like a stuck up King or arrogant. I guess this has to do with the fact that he's been in hiding for almost all his life as well. 

I understand what you mean and I agree with you!! it's not wrong to enjoy the luxcury of being a King but he needs to know and realise the pain and hardships of his people in order to be a better person and King other wise he'll remain isolated from them in his shielded and distanced palace and he'll never be able to make the kingdome he hopes for and by joining the Hwarang he'll learn and realise many things that would've never crossed his mind and will realise how rotten the system is and he woul never realise that from his far palace!!

and welcome back to Hwarang thread!! I was wondering were you went!! :D 

50 minutes ago, ferily said:

These photos of Seo Joon and Hyung Sik are so adorable! <3 (Sorry Mod, I just had to include them >w<) I didn't even realize that they attended the 2016 KBS Drama Awards! Fighting for Hwarang for the 2017 Drama Awards, haha!

try to delate them and you can repost them under spoiler tag chingu!! ;) 

yes they were really handsome and funny!! :wub::lol: 

12 hours ago, lostmymusic said:

Awww! :( I'm really loving the guys here..unlike the drama here literally everyone has no chill xD Specially love the art for all the characters. Please keep on sharing whatever you understand from them. The webtoon is providing solid background information for our characters. Also if it's not much trouble can you share the new information from this webtoon? Or if you have already posted them somewhere can you link it here? I wanna read. It was so sweet to see MakMoon and MooMyung meet as kids <3 And AhRo is such a favorite of the entire capital! Hehehe..BanRyu sneakily listening to AhRo's tales was the BEST!

yes!! it's really pretty and cute!! :wub: I shared the new chapters/episodes before but I'll repostall the chapters we had till now under the spoiler tag!! :D 

this is the link to all the chapters so you can check the new releaed chapter as they get released on monday and tsday!! :D

https://page.kakao.com/home/49273442?categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&orderby=desc

and I'll gladly make sure to share what I understood from them but that will need some time for me!! :sweatingbullets: 

cr:  bts07___

I can't love this man more than this or my heart won't take it!! :love: and this is one of the reasons he'll become the leader of Hwarang!! and I love how the chiel of Hwarang and some of our knights have an admiring look for him!! :D 

Oh my gosh... I just finished Episode 5 and it was just perfect. I love love love the bromance between Sam Maek Jong and Moo Myung!!!~~ :love: I loved seeing them and helping each other out, especially at the thieves scene. You can just see Maek Jong warming up to him and same with Moo Myung, especially in the ending scene with Maek Jong piggybacking Moo Myung....Gah I love it!! :wub: I can't wait to see what else the drama has in stored for us with Maek Jong and Moo Myung~~

Also when Sam Maek Jong saved Aro from that noble guy, I was like, Please please please let Hyungsik come and save her...!!! When he did, I was cheering and saying yesss!!! Haha, but aw man Hyungsik looks so handsome.... Why is he so beautiful, omg... But I can't wait to see what will happen next since the Hwarang is finally made. I've honestly been waiting for this moment and all the bromance scenes we're going to get. Off to Episode 6!

On 1/2/2017 at 6:48 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

save the king..

i am dying of second lead syndrome.. i mean i just want to watch hyung shik kiss.. 24 hours and tease, compliment in his super sexy voice

Hehehe, I know what you mean!! :love:

On 1/2/2017 at 10:09 AM, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love this OTP!! :wub: Sam Maek Jong "save me" pouty face to Sun Woo and Sun Woo saved him...Sam Maek Jong piggyback Sun Woo!! LOVE!! :wub:

Sam Maek Jong kept whistling to his bodygard from the very start but he didn't show up and had to fight the gangsters with sun Woo!! :lol: 

the Hwarang in the white robe is Yeo Wool!! :)

Yeeeessss, Sam Maek Jong piggybacking Moo Myung, absolutely adorable and the best!! And I love how Sam Maek Jong was calling his bodyguard but also helping Moo Myung out, fighting the thieves~ Seriously, i don't know if this is a good or bad thing but I ship Maek Jong and Moo Myung more than Aro and Moo Myung....(This is also because I have major 2nd lead syndome but you know this already :lol: I do really love the bromance between Maek Jong and Moo Myung though and I can't wait till it picks up even more)

On 1/2/2017 at 10:14 AM, gwkzz said:

Hello guys!

Just wanna say that having a king as a second lead is a huuuuuuuuge mistake, especially if the king in question is a cute, handsome, cool, brave, smart, .... etc...etc... SMJ :sweatingbullets:

I have never ever having a second lead syndrome in my entire kdrama-watching experience. But I think I will have a chance to learn about it the hard way through this drama. Oh boy.... *brace myself*

Yes, I know what you mean 100%!!! I rarely get 2nd lead syndrome but omg, it's Park Hyung Sik and everyone on this thread knows the love i have towards Hyungsik and how much 2nd lead syndrome I have... Sam Maek Jong is just so beautiful and I love his personality :love:

On 1/2/2017 at 11:20 AM, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's really bad!! :lol: this is for you chingu and all our chingudeul who have 2nd lead syndrome for our King!! ;):wub: 

Spoiler

cr: owner

Yaass!! This was the scene where I was cheering and was like YES HYUNGSIK!!!! They are so adorable :love:

I apologize for all the post spam from me in advice... I'm catching up on the forums and watching Episode 5 and 6 so I'm replying to everyone's comments from like pages 30+.....

13 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Aigooooooooo...war is still going on?...to many beautiful men on one place and see what happens :wink:

Seems hard days awaits our hwarangs...king will confess he likes AhRo so MM will have a hard time...AR will have to deal with king's feelings so hard for her to...seems BR and SH's sister first meeting will be only light spot :)..well since BR will get a slap from girl then who knows what will SH do to him he'll have hard time as well

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ban Ryu is going to be in a REALLY BAD situation, loving thesister of his lifetime frennemy!! :lol: how will he be able to keep piking fights with him after falling for his sister?!! :lol: 

I really don't know how my bromabce will go with these two with the love triangle but I feel that the bromance will still be there!! despite the love ligne, Sam Maek Jong will still learn many things from Sun Woo and we will have great moments between them helping and protecting each other alongside the rest of our Hwarang knights!! :wub: I'm just wondering how Han Sung will join their bromance group as he is not part of their room's rules sadly!! but I can see him becoming their little dongsaeng they'll take car of!! :wub: 

th wait!! *sigh* 

13 hours ago, lostmymusic said:

So sorry to butt in like this but it's not hard for the Princess to fall for SunWoo. The teasers indicate that it is SW who ends up becoming the lead knight of Hwarang (apologies if I totally saw it wrong) and he is the one who is the most morally sound of all the Hwarang trainees. Although he is more or less trapped in that place but he is willing to use this chance and opportunity to get strong not for someone else's sake but to protect what he wants to protect i.e. the ones who can't protect themselves. SunWoo is the kind of dignified character princesses tend to fall for. I doubt the drama would go on the way to make her a politically inclined princess. There was pic of her firing arrows in the opening of episode 1 so it could be the warrior in her who gets attracted to SunWoo. I mean the guy can totally pack in mean punches..

no you'r right!! Sun Woo will become the leader of thd Hwarang knights and it's natural for him to be with his admirabel morals and strength!! and for women to fall for him!! :wub: and from the stills it looked like th princess isn't the evil kind of a person so I hope she's really a good person and not like her mother!! 

really?!! I didn't see that pic!! 

9 hours ago, rasha3am said:

Loving , loving , loving Hwarang !

Didn't intend to but it happened never the less . So far , I'm trying to figure out Moo Myung's story and this is what I think :

1) He was left by his mother 10 years ago ( same time Sam Maek Jong left the Capital ) so I'm assuming it was the time the previous King passed away.

I thought he was abondonate since he was a baby not only 10 years!! I need to chck ot again!! :D 

2) The Queen saying that he was her son kind of feels like foreshadowing that he maybe truly is her son .

it can be!! 

3) Moo Myung's uncle/protector/carer keeps alluding to the fact that his fate was to stay and live quitely outside the Capital ( meaning he would be in danger if his true identity was revealed in the Capital ? )

I believe so!! hlik he was sent away so he's not to be find out alive or they'll go after his life!! :confounded:

4) As Moo Myung was walking away from his uncle/protector/carer ... he's said something like that he can't fight his destiny .

yes!! his old man said he can't run away from his destiny!! 

5) The fact that he's walking around with the bracelet that is the only thing that proves who the King is .

I'm hoping Moo Myung is the real King or at least the only person who could weaken Sam Make Jong's claim to the throne , which made someone want to hide him or banish him .

even if Sun Woo/Moo Myung is thee rightful King I don't see him going after the trown!! Sun Woo is a free spirited man who can't live the way the King has to live!! he have the morals and spirit of a warrior who would protect everyone in need but doeesn't have the mindset of a politician!!

I also want to know Wi Hwa Kong's story , why was he really imprisoned by the late King his "friend"?

if it's not really for what they told us before then we will find out later!! 

and welcome to Hwarang thread chingu and happy you're enjoying it like we do!! :D

@ferily I know what you mean!! I really love it when we have a great bromance as it's rare in dramaland but I had two strong bromances this year as strong as the love ligne in Goblin and Hwarang!! :w00t::wub: can't wait to see more of them!! :love: 

Just finished episode 6... Okay as much as I love Hyungsik and ship Maek Jong and Aro together....That kiss though..... When I was watching episode 6, I was like freaking out and when he kissed her, I was like YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THAT TO HER AND THEN KISS HER!! But dang man... Hyungsik's acting in that scene though :love: Anyone else agree that he did a good job acting though? :D When the tear dropped from his eyes and said his lines... :scream: This is why I love Park Hyungsik :wub:

But aw man we got some conflicts with the Hwarang in this episode... Man, Ban Ryu just really wants to start a fight, doesn't he? I feel like despite his background and his family, he's just acting like a jerk in this case. Despite the conflict with his father and adopted father at home (? am I right about this?), this doesn't give him any right to act the way he does... I hope things get better with him but at the moment I don't really like the way he's acting right now. Although.... I can't wait till he falls in love with Soo ho's sister haha.. I think they'll be a cute couple. Someone said that Soo ho's sister is cute and he's kinda cold so they would make an adorable couple. Can't for that ship to sail~

Also oh my, this drama is really making me curious about Moo Myung's family roots... Like is he a true bone...? Or maybe he's the late King's son and he's actually royalty :scream: When that mysterious guy came and talked to An Ji Gong and said he unlocked a door he shouldn't have....What does that mean??? Moo Myung definitely has a hidden past... I wonder if he is some how related to Sam Maek Jong? So many questions just run in my head... I know this would be a crazy theory but what if some how Sam Maek Jong is related to Aro and they're like brother and sisters while Moo Myung is royalty or something? I feel like that would be a huge twist but I highly doubt something like that would happen. Gaah so many birth secrets.. :confounded:

But I hope we get some more bromance scenes despite the ending of Episode 6. I am really dying to see some Maek Jong and Moo Myung scenes together~ :wub:

On 1/2/2017 at 2:44 PM, sakura2016 said:

I hope we won't have any matchmaking for them, that would be too painful to them and us!! :heartbreak: and yes Ah Ro's reaction toward Sun Woo are of a woman not a sister!! it was SO CUTE whenever she's flustrred beside him!! :blush: and as much as I was moved by her hug to him when he saved her telling him that was doubled when she told him that she was afraid that HE would die!! awwwwwww

I loved too how Maek Jong changed his attitude and asked for Sun Woo's help instead of remaining bossy!! and Sun Woo was willing to help as much as he's not a jerk!! 

I don't want Soo Ho to love her but he will and I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!! *pulingmyhair* 

Ban Ryu was talking about Sun Woo's sister as she's a half sacred blood and a lowly birth girl!! he wouldn't be able to say that about Soo Ho's sister as she's a daughter of an official and he wouldn't dare to say that!! but that will earn him a good punch from Sun Woo!! :D and I think that Ban Ryu really saw Soo Ho's sister's beauty and I felt as if he had a glimps of admiration!! that would be fun!! ;) 

Ahhh, I don't really want to see Soo Ho fall in love with the Queen as well because we all know this will not happen and it's unrealistic...but I guess we'll see how the drama takes it.....

I love how Maek Jong and Moo Myung warmed up together when they got kidnapped and helped each other out :wub:

On 1/2/2017 at 3:36 PM, zagigirl said:

I think i'll like BR and SH's sister :wub:...she's lively and cute and he seems cold...would be as ice and fire and near fire ice melt right? :wub:

Don't want CP near AR...but don't want him to stay broken hearted either...we need a strong and beautiful princess for him!...if not ASAP as i would like the most but at the end for sure

I think Ban Ryu and Soo Ho's sister would look adorable together as well! I can't wait till we see them together....! Also I do ship Maek Jong and Aro together but if he doesn't end up Aro (which will probably happen), I just want somebody by his side because it seems like he doesn't have anybody that cares for him 

On 1/3/2017 at 10:36 AM, sakura2016 said:

thankfully for now Sun Woo was only behind the door and didn't see the "kiss" (I didn't like it too) and I don't think he will see it otherwise we would have saw him punshing Maek Joon while Ah Ro is still there but she wasn't when he punshed him though I don't know why he punshed him then!! 

I hope Moo Myung doesn't see Maek Jong kiss Aro because if he does, I know Moo Myung would get super angry at him!

On 1/3/2017 at 4:55 PM, Bernadeta Meidy said:

Everyone go crazy with love line. But, did you realize the preview a little bit confusing with seon woo/MM identity. A man came to master Ahn Ji to say "he is not the one that should come outside the world"? Is it refer to king? Or what? I just dying to know hehehehe may be they ( MM/king ) were switched *makjang* There has to be a story behind them

Holy, that would be a crazy twist...... If Sam Maek Jong and Moo Myung were switched at birth or something :scream: Haha, I don't know..but there is probably an explanation for all of this.. We just have to be patient..

On 1/3/2017 at 5:42 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

The kiss that has been so talked about to me wasn't meant to be harmful and I say that because of his past history with AR he not only looks after her, risked his life for her, paid her debt and watches after her from afar.  But you can read it in his character.  I think when AR was teaching him about the butterfly first you could see his excitement.  Then when he asked about a picture word for the KING she drew a little bird who had fallen out of his nest.  Spoke from her heart with passion about her feeling sorry for the faceless king and all his pain and struggles. 

As the King sat and listened to her describe her picture and thoughts she was in fact ripping off his mask and word for word she was indeed telling it just like it was.  It's as if she could see the real him underneath the cocky attitude and confident mask the him who was broken, lonely, without family, without a home and lost as to even his purpose or who he was. So hurt and lost is he that he wished he wasn't even born.  Her defending him like that was more than he could handle. It crushed him right down to his soul and hearing it broke his heart...

With tears in his eyes he wasn't kissing her in anger or in an aggressive way. At least not in his mind and I don't think in hers either.   Although he did get upset about her mentioning her brother mostly because he loves AR and is jealous of MM.  It's the very reason he wanted to study with them he wants to be close to her, to be with her.  Even his kiss was out of need to show her, I want you, I care about you.  His timing was wrong but his heart so full of her at that moment he just couldn't hold back because he just wants to be loved and feel the warmth of someone next to him...  For he is that little bird, cold and alone and no place to call his own and no one to give love to or receive love from...  That sums up his life that is, until he met AR...

Ahhh, omg this, this, this, this!! I really love what you say about Maek Jong! Yes, in that moment when she was explaining her drawings and the meaning behind them, you could see that he wanted to know what she thought of the King. And when she was explaining to him what her drawing meant, she definitely hit him right in the heart and nailed how he felt behind his mask of being King. I do also think that the kiss was done because in that moment, Maek Jong was filled with so many emotions. You can definitely see that he does care for her and has feelings for her, I mean he's willing to help her out and wants to spend time with her... the sad part is though that she doesn't see this or feel the same way about him... I guess this is a big reason why I ship him with her because behind his mask of asking cool and confident, he's just somebody who is broken, lonely and yearns for somebody that will care and love for him. Then he met Aro and saw the kind of person she was and fell for her. I think during the scene where Aro was explaining her drawing of "King," he definitely related to everything to what she said but it was his pride that rose up and caused him to act like that (when he said to her that she thinks the King is a sad person...). He didn't want to admit to himself that she was right so immediately he rose up and said what he said. I hope that as @sakura2016 said, Maek Jong will learn from his mistake :)

On 1/4/2017 at 0:45 AM, blademan said:

HEH~ He cares....

I honestly am waiting for this couple more than the lead couple! I think it's gonna take A LOT for BR to let his pride and ego down for her :wub: and hopefully will lead to a beautiful friendship with SH!

I love Sam Maek Jong and Moo Myung. I hope we can see more of them as the drama progresses...Loving the bromance!

On 1/4/2017 at 6:57 AM, Amanda_HS said:

Naver - Xports News: 'Hwarang', Park Hyung Shik forcibly kisses Go Ara... will Park Seo Joon explode? 

1. [+3,426, -139] Park Hyung Shik, what the? My heart's fluttering. His acting is amazing

2. [+2,972, -129] As expected, Hwarang's the drama that turned me into a Park Hyung Shik fan. The kiss ㄷㄷ

3. [+2,236, -126] Talk about a random kiss but it gave me butterflies..

4. [+1,884, -104] He looked damn handsome although the kiss is so random!!!

5. [+1,699, -92] Wow Park Hyung Shik is fine ㅜㅜ

6. [+614, -13] The Hwarangs are unified by visuals

7. [+579, -8] Why did it feel like the episode lasted only for 10 minutes?

8. [+600, -22] Park Seo Joon's so cool when he smiles ㅠㅠ♡♡

9. [+537, -22] Indeed the drama that made me join Park Hyung Shik's fandom. Woah how do I wait until next week?

10. [+490, -9] I'm so jealous of Aro, she's loved by Seon Woo and Sam Maek Jong ㅠㅠ  And the drama just keeps getting better^^ Next week, hurry up ~~~

Daum - Sports Seoul: 'Hwarang', Park Hyung Shik kisses Go Ara "Why are you making me waver?"

1. [+329, -19] Park Hyung Shik's so good at acting wow

2. [+293, -19] Didn't expect much out of this drama but it's so much fun

3. [+281, -18] I have a serious case of second lead syndrome ~~ ♡♡

4. [+175, -13] Go Ara is funny and pretty. Park Hyung Shik is really handsome. They fit their characters so well ㅎㅎ

5. [+158, -10] Sam Maek Jong is my type. I can't wait for next week

6. [+137, -12] Kyaa!! I didn't see the kiss scene coming. How I am supposed to wait a whole week??

7. [+122, -7] I love it when Park Seo Joon smiles, he's cute ㅎ Love those NGs in the end ㅎ

Naver - Xports News: 'Hwarang', Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Shik and Choi Minho, confrontation with Do Ji Han on the first day 

1. [+133, -9] Park Hyung Shik bursts with charms ㅠㅡㅠ

2. [+114, -6] I don't like Ban Ryu but he will change when he falls in love with Soo Ho's sister

3. [+93, -7] Jo Yoon Woo and Park Hyung Shik are the prettiest ㅋㄱㄱㄱㄱㅋ

4. [+80, -9] Gorgeous face, honey voice, great acting. Sam Maek Jong is everything.. I'm cheering for you!!!

5. [+40, -5] I'm now a fan of Park Hyung Shik ㅜㅜㅜ He suits hanbok and long hair ㅜㅠ

cr http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.sg/

I have to agree. The kiss is so random. I love Sam Maek Jong but I really hope they don't focus too much on his love line with Aro. I want to see bromance and how the King get his throne back. 

I love the k-netizen's response to Episode 6 :wub: It's nice to see some positive comments about the drama, especially about Hyungsik <3

On 1/4/2017 at 9:13 AM, Carmarie said:

I read several of the comments concerning the kiss yesterday; however, I am glad I waited until I saw the kiss for myself before commenting.  I did not see the kiss as being forced, I looked at the kiss in context with the entire scene. She captured his feelings perfectly with her interpretation of the symbol for Wang and how she saw the situation and her sadness for the king.  AR is this young woman who has gotten under the king's skin, and he does not know exactly how to handle it.  He kissed her.  I did not see her struggling, or hitting him saying, no, no.   The king did not manhandle her or rough her up, he kissed her and the close-up shot shows tears running down his face. Imagine being the king, and he is the king and not the crowned prince, with no power, no one knows who you are. AR's words effected him deeply, the king was emotional and acted on his feelings.  I cannot agree with the "he is a pervert" observation. Nor do I agree with the statement that AR is frantically terrified of him.   Did she seem terrified when he was asleep in her lap or just a young woman who did not know how to handle the situation?  The king is a young man who likes AR.  He kissed her, he didn't try to rape her.  AR is also struggling with her own feelings at the moment for SW.  She might not have accepted his kiss; however, she was not terrified.  A young woman during those times had to be very careful.  I am sure during that time many women were never heard from again because they got involved with the wrong man.  Men during those times, did not feel the same as most men feel about women today.  Many women were looked on as objects.  AR does not know who the king is; therefore, she has to exercise caution, but terrified, I don't see it. 

Remember as viewers, we know that SW is not AR's brother, but AR does not know that he is not her brother.  SW knows he has to protect her and her father for his namesake; therefore, although he has feelings for AR, he has to put their safety above his feelings.  In this case, I hope the king gets the girl. Not because he is the king, but because I think she would be good for him, and without AR knowing it, she understands how the king feels and would help to heal his soul.  

Yes, I agree with what you said as well ^^ I think he was emotional during that time and Aro really nailed him in the heart with what she said about her drawing and how she felt about the King. Ironically, she was talking to the King herself

On 1/5/2017 at 4:10 AM, aileens said:

Since everyone seems rather upset about the kiss, let's just calm down......and wait for the next ep to come.

We still haven't seen the whole scene since it's been cut half way. Aro looks really surprised and might be paralized for a second (remember she can't walk either after the fighting between sun woo and SMJ), she will break from the kiss later probably slap SMJ, but don't be to hard baby, he is a pitiful soul. Sun Woo barging to the room, SMJ getting sober from the emotion trance. And that the time he got hit by Sun woo. 

So far i'm enjoying the love triangle dinamic in this drama. Another love line between ban ryu and su ho's sister. Su ho seems attracted to the queen hahaaha. And there will be another princess which is not sure will be paired with whom. Probably BTS V? When i'm googling there're a lot of article about V having a kiss scene in Hwarang. 

Let's just enjoy the ride. And don't worry about the ending. 

Yes, yes, yes! Lets just wait till episode 7 and see how Aro responds to this.. I'm sure Maek Jong will get some slaps and punch (at least according to the preview). We also have to remember that his life it pretty pitiful as well..

Phew, finally all caught up with this forums page! Can't wait to see Episode 7 now! I apologize once again for all of my post spam...

On 1/4/2017 at 1:17 PM, papulichan said:

Anyeong chingudeul !! 05.gif Thanks for all the postings here, really helped me to hold onto to the drama(it started on a slow note) and now I'm loving every bit of it, even with the choppy editing and the surreal tale of PSJ's growing hair ....HAHAHAHAHA....   It is indeed fun to watch these young men who are all over the place with their lives measuring according to caste and creed, come together under one unified Hwarang quarters. I'm going to enjoy their journey from being reckless egocentric boys to distinguished intellectual men. PSJ is bae !! onion-head-girl-love.gif

And, yes !! please give me more of a smitten PSJ or for that matter even a PHS getting all jelly an acting like a kid for attention with

Ah-Ro..MUAHAHAHA.... 

PS:- Do you guys think PSJ's character (MM/SW) is indeed a royalty ? His birth secret gives me the instincts.

crazy-monkey-emoticon-008.gif Hello chingu Happy you have joined us. I'm loving this more that I could have imagined.  It feels like the story is really going to start now! I hope the tale of PSJ's hair has ended w/this version and I to am dying to know who MM really is.

16 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Lol I'm hoping it's safe to post with out getting hit by flying words chingu. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next to our Hwarang. My heart is already breaking for Su Hoo, I know that Queen is going to use him:cold_sweat: I hope SH's sister can get BR to lighten up, I don't want to dislike him, I'm looking forward to seeing him stop being such a snob.

@aileens I have a feeling our King is also going to get the smackdown  and be shown the error of his ways by AR and MM. 

@ferily Welcome back, I was wondering where you have been.

Hmmmmm ,

Although Sam Maek Jong's emotions are very strong and evident I have no doubt that both love her . I think it will come down to this , Sam Maek Jong is the King , he has lived his whole life to be the King , and A Ro would most likely get in the way of that at the end of the day . On the other hand even if Moo Myung turns out to be royal he could not care less and would most likely sacrifice whatever to be with her . 

Ban Ryu's personality reminds me of ( Choi Young Do / Kim Woo Bin ) in The Heirs , violence at home , tough bully exterior . I have a feeling he's going to make a funny 180 with his relationship with Soo Ho's sister Soo Yeon . I'm loving her bright , bubbly , innocent personality and I think she's going to shake up his world hahaha , I can't wait to watch this relationship develop.

As for Soo Ho and the Queen , I feel sorry for him because you can already tell that the boys sharing the room are going to be very close . He's going to be stuck between his close friend , Hwarang , and the Queen .

Archived