[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

6 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Wrong doing by which standards; today's standards or 530-538 AD standards? This story is taking place during the fifth/sixth century.  I think I will look at the scene leading up to the kiss scene and the kiss scene again.

That doesn't matter. If we want to try to understand why he did that, how his surroundings effects him as a person then yes, trying to analize him through that century pov is better. But here what matters is Ahro's reaction, and she obviously doesn't like it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMGG.....cuteness overload! :blush:

Have y'all seen this!!

i died around 0:23 and  0:29 ....urghhhh i can't evenn watch it for yourself gurls....i dont mind if they wanna date in real life MM and AR!

and btw ara is soooooo stunning in behind the scene videos...

i am not saying she is not stunning already but in the BTS vidoes...it shows more of beauty

so much love for MM and AR :heart:

3 hours ago, xxyy said:

OMGG.....cuteness overload! :blush:

Have y'all seen this!!

i died around 0:23 and  0:29 ....urghhhh i can't evenn watcharrow-10x10.png it for yourself gurls....i dont mind if they wanna date in real life MM and AR!

and btw ara is soooooo stunning in behind the scene videos...

i am not saying she is not stunning already but in the BTS vidoes...it shows more of beauty

so much love for MM and AR :heart:

yes I saw it!! :blush: when I 1st saw it I was "ahhh, this is what she meant when she said he was taking good care of her while shooting that her heart was fluttering with gratitude!!" :wub: I remember her words everytime I see their BTS!! here too!! :wub: 

cr: owner

Since everyone seems rather upset about the kiss, let's just calm down......and wait for the next ep to come.

We still haven't seen the whole scene since it's been cut half way. Aro looks really surprised and might be paralized for a second (remember she can't walk either after the fighting between sun woo and SMJ), she will break from the kiss later probably slap SMJ, but don't be to hard baby, he is a pitiful soul. Sun Woo barging to the room, SMJ getting sober from the emotion trance. And that the time he got hit by Sun woo. 

So far i'm enjoying the love triangle dinamic in this drama. Another love line between ban ryu and su ho's sister. Su ho seems attracted to the queen hahaaha. And there will be another princess which is not sure will be paired with whom. Probably BTS V? When i'm googling there're a lot of article about V having a kiss scene in Hwarang. 

Let's just enjoy the ride. And don't worry about the ending. 

25 minutes ago, aileens said:

Since everyone seems rather upset about the kiss, let's just calm down......and wait for the next ep to come.

We still haven't seen the whole scene since it's been cut half way. Aro looks really surprised and might be paralized for a second (remember she can't walk either after the fighting between sun woo and SMJ), she will break from the kiss later probably slap SMJ, but don't be to hard baby, he is a pitiful soul. Sun Woo barging to the room, SMJ getting sober from the emotion trance. And that the time he got hit by Sun woo. 

So far i'm enjoying the love triangle dinamic in this drama. Another love line between ban ryu and su ho's sister. Su ho seems attracted to the queen hahaaha. And there will be another princess which is not sure will be paired with whom. Probably BTS V? When i'm googling there're a lot of article about V having a kiss scene in Hwarang. 

this may be late but welcome to Hwarang's thread chingu, happy you joined us here!! :D

I agree with you let's wait and see how things will go on!! :D

my worst love line is Soo Ho falling for the Queen because it makes me terrified for him!! :confounded: and I hate her!! :rage: and I'm waiting for Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon's love line!! she's cute and sweet and I can't wait for her sweetness to melt his cold heart!! :wub:

about the princess, she's going to fall for Sun Woo!! and I just hope she's not like her mother because that would be BAD!! :blink: 

let's do that chingu!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

1 hour ago, aileens said:

The princess will marry sam maek jong, her half-bro (?), but she likes sun woo (I got this from the relationship chart)

im over here stressed over the hwarang boys love life more than my own lol.  

(just for fun) so far:

sun woo x aro x sam- got the whole weird pretending to be the brother of  the love interest thing going on with the future king falling for her.

tumblr_mmjjedgWtY1qhbzd8o1_500.gif&key=5

suho x queen- an epic one sided crush/love on the queen...should i be worried?latest?cb=20141120105840&key=f289dee7672

ban ryu x sooyeon - has the romeo & Juliet love story....*remembers the ending to that story* tumblr_mbue8b3q7p1rtdno6.gif

apparently we got a love quadrangle with the princess in the mix who's after sunwoo?

766Xb.gif&key=7cd4cf15c18a0860d3d9248579

no smoothing sailing on the horizon for any of them, i need to prepare myself....:sweatingbullets:

I re-watched the latest episode last night because of all the fuss (putting it nicely) about the KISS.  After re-watching the episode, I have not changed my mind about how I feel about the kiss, it was in context with the scene.  However, what I did get a better understanding about was:

1.  The queen said that Sun-Woo was her son because he is the son of her ex lover; therefore, treat him as her son.

2. Although, KAJ, knows Moo-Myung's grandfather, he did not know what he was talking about when he stated that Moo-Myung should not be introduced to the world as a Hwarang (paraphrasing).

Moo-Myung might be the deceased king's son; however, since the king named, his successor to the throne, it would not matter and if he is a half-bred, he would not be accepted as king.  

I find this drama interesting, and I am cheering for the writer to pull it off.  From the little history I read about the Hwarang, during that time, I am impressed with their skills.  It was their fighting prowess, and analytical skills, education and discipline that helped Silla to survive and almost swallow (unify) all of Korea under one rule.

I love historical dramas from all parts of the world.  Although creative license is taken, it exposes me to how people lived during those times, their thoughts and their mores.  Therefore,I try not to apply today's standards, but look at historical dramas through the lens of, that was the norm at that time in history.

This drama makes me a little sad because people always have felt the need to put other people down and think less of them based on some arbitrary measure of what is superior and what is base.  Looking at the world today, I see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.  After saying that, I still love this drama.

well.can i join the party with you guys?:v

by the way.it seems kbs really did so many promotion about this drama from interview.guest in 1n2d(this one is so funny lol they are hilarious you guys should watch it).press conference.and many more which is good but it sad that promotion that they doing is not helping the rating(avg 7-8℅ which is pretty bad imo)and i feel bad for the production team and actor who working hard for this drama..but i hope the rating will going up after RDTK end.(cause they ever reach 13℅ when RDTK didnt airing so there is still a chance to make the rating higher...and why this thread is not crowded?is not like what i expecting.

and Finally There IS a drama with idol actor that didnt make me cringe for their acting.so far they doing a good job.which is a surprise

anyway lets move on to story :v.the story took in     silla time which is something new for sageuk drama.and i love how they build the set up for this drama.and the characters have secret and they are all mysterious that make me want to explore one of them.who they are and what is their motives.first episode maybe a little bit choppy but after that everything is getting better.

and now in episode 6 let me highlight some scene:

1.i dont like how ban ryul is so provocative and arrogant.like when he make Fake SW to started the fight and he is so clueless about his action towards other.

2.I Like the chemitry so far between Go ara and 2 main lead..finally romance developed

3.When AR and SW playing with ink.that is so cute

4.about the kiss i think its too early?i know the king is in love with AR,but still AR is not ready for that.

3 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

im over here stressed over the hwarang boys love life more than my own lol.  

(just for fun) so far:

sun woo x aro x sam- got the whole weird pretending to be the brother of  the love interest thing going on with the future king falling for her.

suho x queen- an epic one sided crush/love on the queen...should i be worried?

ban ryu x sooyeon - has the romeo & Juliet love story....*remembers the ending to that story* 

apparently we got a love quadrangle with the princess in the mix who's after sunwoo?

no smoothing sailing on the horizon for any of them, i need to prepare myself....:sweatingbullets:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was terrified for Soo Ho for falling for the evil Queen now you made me worried for all of them chingu!! OTTEOKKEEEEEEEE?!! :sweatingbullets::blink: 

2 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I re-watched the latest episode last night because of all the fuss (putting it nicely) about the KISS.  After re-watching the episode, I have not changed my mind about how I feel about the kiss, it was in context with the scene.  However, what I did get a better understanding about was:

1.  The queen said that Sun-Woo was her son because he is the son of her ex lover; therefore, treat him as her son.

yes she does!! she's a real loving mother to her sons!! :rage: 

2. Although, KAJ, knows Moo-Myung's grandfather, he did not know what he was talking about when he stated that Moo-Myung should not be introduced to the world as a Hwarang (paraphrasing).

I think that man can be more like a father than a grand father!! hhhhh but yes Abeoji wasn't aware of who Moo Myung was!!

Moo-Myung might be the deceased king's son; however, since the king named, his successor to the throne, it would not matter and if he is a half-bred, he would not be accepted as king.  

I think the deceased King didn't name Sam Maek Jong as the Crown Prince but as he was the only royal son he became the Crown Prince/King automaticly!! 

I find this drama interesting, and I am cheering for the writer to pull it off.  From the little history I read about the Hwarang, during that time, I am impressed with their skills.  It was their fighting prowess, and analytical skills, education and discipline that helped Silla to survive and almost swallow (unify) all of Korea under one rule.

I love historical dramas from all parts of the world.  Although creative license is taken, it exposes me to how people lived during those times, their thoughts and their mores.  Therefore,I try not to apply today's standards, but look at historical dramas through the lens of, that was the norm at that time in history.

This drama makes me a little sad because people always have felt the need to put other people down and think less of them based on some arbitrary measure of what is superior and what is base.  Looking at the world today, I see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.  After saying that, I still love this drama.

I enjoy sageuk dramas as well but they terrify me because history isn't a happy fairy tail and only really few true figures managed to live in this cruel history let alone have a happy ending!! :heartbreak: 

yes!! it makes me depressed actually!! the way only those with power can live while other are ment to be used and stepped on is really depressing!! it's a great thing to see how they brought changes to this cruel system!!

1 hour ago, Mysterious13 said:

well.can i join the party with you guys?:v

by the way.it seems kbs really did so many promotion about this drama from interview.guest in 1n2d(this one is so funny lol they are hilarious you guys should watch it).press conference.and many more which is good but it sad that promotion that they doing is not helping the rating(avg 7-8℅ which is pretty bad imo)and i feel bad for the production team and actor who working hard for this drama..but i hope the rating will going up after RDTK end.(cause they ever reach 13℅ when RDTK didnt airing so there is still a chance to make the rating higher...and why this thread is not crowded?is not like what i expecting.

and Finally There IS a drama with idol actor that didnt make me cringe for their acting.so far they doing a good job.which is a surprise

anyway lets move on to story :v.the story took in     silla time which is something new for sageuk drama.and i love how they build the set up for this drama.and the characters have secret and they are all mysterious that make me want to explore one of them.who they are and what is their motives.first episode maybe a little bit choppy but after that everything is getting better.

and now in episode 6 let me highlight some scene:

1.i dont like how ban ryul is so provocative and arrogant.like when he make Fake SW to started the fight and he is so clueless about his action towards other.

2.I Like the chemitry so far between Go ara and 2 main lead..finally romance developed

3.When AR and SW playing with ink.that is so cute

4.about the kiss i think its too early?i know the king is in love with AR,but still AR is not ready for that.

hi chingu!! sure thing, welcome to Hwarang Thread and happy you joined us here!! :D 

I think that the rating is good when we think of its competetor and it's on increase with every new episode so it's a good thing and I hope it keeps in increasing!! :D 

yes!! I knew Park Hyung Sik is a talented singer-actor but Choi Min Ho is doing really well and Kim Tae Hyung is doing well too from the little time we saw of him!! 

1/ I hated too but that's part of his arc where he will change into a better person and realise how low his actions were!! how great was it when Sun Woo showed him how he's the one beneath him as a son of his father who did nothing by himself?!! I loved it!! and everyone in the room were caught off guard by his word!!

2/ I agree with you!! :D 

3/ they are so cute together!! :wub: 

4/ didn't like it!!

their 2nd episode in 2 days 1 night!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel like crying for Park Seo Joon!! hhhhhhhhhh

cr: omokdramas 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "execuse me. have we not met before?" :lol: and I love how the other hwarangs are terrified of him after all their big talk that they'll show him how he can't live with them in the same place!! :naughty:

cr:  omokdramas 

"am I hallucinating?" "a ghost can't be this stupid!!" hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I ove this man!! :wub::lol: 

he doesn't want her to be around all those man!! awwwwwww well they won't come near her if they don't want to have their bones broken!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh and this is the new chapters of Hwarang's webtoon!! soooooooooo cute and funny!! :lol::love: 

episode/chapter 4:

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49303280&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

this one is sad as it's Sam Maek Jong's chapter showing his life before coming back to the capital!! :( but it has it's sweet and cute moment too!! :wub: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49278610&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

episode/chapter 5: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49328139&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

our Hwarang Knights presenting KBS awards with english sub!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Park Seo Joon stood that way so his dark circles won't stand out if he lowers his head per his mother's tip!! :lol: 

19 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

The princess will marry sam maek jong, her half-bro (?), but she likes sun woo (I got this from the relationship chart)

Oh my......the part i hate from period drama especially prior to Joseon era, incest...yuuck....:p 

Why she should be interested to sun woo? There are plenty of beautiful men on Hwarang.....

1 hour ago, aileens said:

Oh my......the part i hate from period drama especially prior to Joseon era, incest...yuuck....:p 

Why she should be interested to sun woo? There are plenty of beautiful men on Hwarang.....

Yeah... everybody seems to be liking sunwoo for some reason, even suho's sister seem to admire aro brother and had a crush on him on episode 4, and someone said on twitter that yeowool was supposed to be gay before, and also had a crush on sunwoo lol

3 hours ago, aileens said:

Why shouldn't she be interested in Sun Woo?? Is there something wrong Sun Woo??? I bet if she was interested in Sam Maekjong you would have no problem with that right. 

3 hours ago, aileens said:

2 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Yeah... everybody seems to be liking sunwoo for some reason, even suho's sister seem to admire aro brother and had a crush on him on episode 4, and someone said on twitter that yeowool was supposed to be gay before, and also had a crush on sunwoo lol

hhhhhhhhhhhhh I think he's not really gay but only pretend to be, or is it me hoping so?!! :D plus Ban Ryu and Soo Ho have a LONG lign of girls having a crush on them hihihi Sam Maek Jong didn't meet and interact with much women and Soo Yeon is going to fall for Ban Ryu and it's natural to have a crush on Sun Woo as our boys are the most handsome boys in there!! ;) 

the reasons that came to my mind for the princes to fall for Sun Woo:

1- to make things worst and more complicated for him and us!! :crazy:

2- he may have saved her or saw him in a swoony moment helping someone!! :blush: 

3- she saw him shirtless or training!! swooooooon!! :blush: 

4- because if our boys and the 1st chief of Hwarang are starting to admire him (and look up to him) whould it be hard for her to fall for him?!! :P 

cr:  hwarang_kbs_official 

5- because she fell for him like I did and who wouldn't fall for him and his charismatic voice and personality and his good looks!! :blush: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is me fangirling over him as you can see!! :love: 

Omo! These webtoons are toooo cute! Is there anyone translating them? I'm going through them despite not understanding a word xD Hansung and YeoWool have interactions here? I'm guessing the extra pretty man with the fan is YeoWool..and the clueless looking maknae is Hansung. Hahah! YeoWool tipped his drink into someone's else's glass! Loving it! The webtoon really shows a different side to them. BanRyu tripped after seeing SooHyun!! These are legit the cutests! Someone please translate them!! I don't think they are covering everything in the drama..just filling in missing pieces, right?

4 hours ago, aileens said:

Because girl's got awesome taste. And honestly the other choices wouldn't be that awesome especially from her POV:

1) Estranged brother who has no concept of personal space and own feelings (that is, that other people are entitled to their own feelings that don't match his), and is already pursuing a woman.

2) A playboy who wants her mom. (Gross, no matter how you look at it.)

3) A dangerously hostile, would-be pretender from the opposing faction.

4) A true bone heir who falls short of society's expectations. (I'll take this one, please and thank you.)

5) A rumored lover of men of unknown paternity. Oddly, probably the best choice, and yet even this loftily-ranked Hwarang is a 'mere' true bone to her sacred bone and would, basically, demote her children.

Has it ever been considered that MAYBE the reason she likes Sunwoo is she thinks he's the real king? (Bracelet shenanigans?) She may be a politically-inclined princess and wants her own sacred bone heir.

1 hour ago, dani4lane said:

Why are you so butt hurt about people liking Sunwoo???  

I did start out this drama with major second lead syndrome (Park Hyungshik is dreamy as Sammaekjong), though that ended with his pig-headed behavior. But it boggles my mind that the Sammaekjong-loving camp can't fathom how it's possible to love Sunwoo or anyone else.

I mean, preferences are a thing.

(Also, it's amusing how the same people diminishing the criticism of Sammaekjong's forced kiss as overblown moralizing and insisting it's alright BECAUSE of "historical accuracy" are also clutching pearls in moral outrage over the possibility of Sammaekjong-princess marriage, DESPITE historical accuracy.

As for the princess and Sammaekjong's married fate--I'm not taking it as given that they'll go Moon Lovers on us. This is a fusion sageuk. In fact, I'm expecting they'd go MDBC on us and eschew history, and just show Sammaekjong as a king, not necessarily with a queen, and definitely not married to his sister. It won't fit the current vibe of the drama. Though that would make for some hilarious irony to have Sammaekjong rail against Sunwoo-Ahro cause they're (fake) siblings and yet he ends up with his (real, blood-related) sister.

I do want him to end up happy and secure, with a proper queen by his side, so maybe his sister is the best bet. Maybe they do have a few more birth secrets for us and they turn out to be as blood-related as fake!Sunwoo and Ahro are.

1 hour ago, dani4lane said:

Why are you so butt hurt about people liking Sunwoo???  

Whaaat? who says I'm butthurt lol wth, I'm literally on sunwoo ship!!! IMO It's just kind of weird that everybody in the drama seems to be liking him when there's so many other pretty boys around

Archived