[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Hi guys~ Was live watching my chinese drama and waiting for its preview, so i’m late (and this will continue till the end of the series i guess)! 

I missed the first half, so

This live recap is about half way through the episode!!!

Queen coughs at morning assembly with the officials, officials talking about the epidemic. Master YS talks and Queen starts having hallucinations that YS and the other officials are asking her to give up her throne. 

Master WH examines some herb (seemingly star anise, those needed for the epidemic) 

SW then stares at SMJ and thinks back to his encounter with SMJ where SMJ says he is fighting. YW comes in to call the both of them cause Master WH is looking for them. 

Master WH orders AR in. SMJ sees AR and gets reminded of SW and her kissing and his rejected confession. AR walks towards them, and Master starts talking. Master asks AR to give them a briefing. AR starts talking about the epidemic and the herbs involved. AR mentions something about the people at Mang Mang Village dying of the epidemic and she says she knew where the herbs are, which is at Master YS’s store and he is unwilling to let go of those herbs, unless its sold at a high price. (i might get this whole part wrong, lets wait for subs)

Master WH says this is a problem. He asks for opinions from the 2 of them and says they have to solve this problem together. 

After the briefing, SW and SMJ sits together and SMJ asks SW what does he intend to do. AR then questions Master WH, why did he do that. Master WH says that who knows, those kids might be able to change Silla a little. 

Streaming lagged :/

SY came to see BR. SY asked how was BR and said that she missed him. SY says that he is someone she feels thankful for. :/ SY says that looking at him like this, makes her miss him even more and she cries in front of BR. BR says that he is a bad guy, and asks SY to run away from him before she is hurt. SY says she knows he is not a bad person, he is a good person. AWWWWW

Streaming lagged again.

Now to our boys, discussing about something in their bunks, (maybe something about the herbs needed for the epidemic) and SH said something like “BR cannot” (maybe not to let BR know. But BR heard everything through the door. 

Master WH is kicking at someone’s door and acting drunk. LOL

Streaming lagged again. -.-

Master WH now got into some house and he feigns stomachache. LOL 

Meanwhile, the hearings are in black and infiltrating some place. (YS’s store? to get the herbs?)

Master WH starts wandering around and gets stopped and dragged away by the guards. Master WH meets the gangster from Mang Mang Village. 

Meanwhile, AR is being visited by Queen’s guard. She is being brought away. 

Master YS talking to Master WH now. OMO is BR helping his fellow Hearings? BR barges in drunk, with a fire torch and calling for Master YS. BR is brought in front of Master YS. YS asked if he drank. BR admits and starts blabbering. Hearings meanwhile gets into the store and finds chests of herbs. 

They start packing the herbs, while BR is staging a suicide attempt in front of his stepdad. LOL he even declares himself as the king of silla hahahah

Our boys were about to get away with bags of herbs but is being caught by the village gangster. SW wants to go up and fight them but is stopped by SMJ. LOL maybe he wants to revenge for the insult that time. 

SMJ knocks down the gangster and they all get away successfully. 

Next day int he morning, a horse carriage goes into the village. THE HERBS ARRIVED!!!!! WEEEE!!!!! Master AJ and WR receives the herbs and a note saying, “eat this and laugh loudly”. They seem to know these are stolen herbs (if i did not get it wrongly)

YW talking to SH about their operation and BR gets in. SH thanks BR. AWWW they knew?? 

Queen now thinking back to her encounter with her bro, Master HK. Queen thinks back to her younger days where she points her sword at some woman (Who seems to be a wonhwa). Queen says she has to kill her for her (queen) son. Queen cries while killing that wonhwa. 

SW sits alone then SMJ informs him that AR is being brought into the palace to the queen. Queen asks AR if she changed SMJ. Ern, queen is going bonkers, huh? -.-

Queen says she will make AR a wonhwa and live a life as a wonhwa.

END. (new post btw)

Preview:

• HS with SW.
  • HS grandad kneeling to someones.
  • AR changing into Wonhwa costume
  • Master HK meets SW.
  • Master AJ talks to Queen about some child and prince. (is it finally something about SW’s lineage???)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh, so it looks like Sam maek Jong is wearing his King's robe tomorrow but Aro is also becoming a wonhwa.. I don't really get what this means for her though..

also seems like a birth secret will be revealed tomorrow. I think An Ji Gong said something along of the lines that someone else could be King or something. I didn't quite catch it 100%

3 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Finally my Hwarang Photobook has arrived !!! So many beautiful photos of Sam Maek Jong/Park Hyung Sik :wub: This guy always keeps giving me more reasons to gush over him :D

Oh my gosh, is it worth it to get the photobook? I'm debating if I should get it or not..

4 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Haaa.... The episode ends with not disclosing SMJ as King Jinheung?! When exactly we'll see this? I dont agree the reveal at the end of drama. Tomorrow episode will be AR as wonhwa, with Sookmyung of course. Haishhhh... 

We're going to have such a huge cliffhanger tomorrow :bawling:

1 minute ago, notohaterfans said:

so my king still not the king... weh????!!!

Patience chingu! Looks like something is happening tomorrow or the preview is deceiving us and ends the episode tomorrow with SMJ..

2 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Haaa.... The episode ends with not disclosing SMJ as King Jinheung?! When exactly we'll see this? I dont agree the reveal at the end of drama. Tomorrow episode will be AR as wonhwa, with Sookmyung of course. Haishhhh... 

Most probably tomorrow (has been saying about this so many time... but still not yet... hopefully tomorrow).  

many thanks to the live recappers!

who might be the woman that the queen killed? could it be ahro's mother or sw's mother? perhaps the wife of hk? so many questions still unanswered and more questions keep coming up, yet we only have 3 more eps to go. are they seriously going to cram and resolve everything at the last ep? really bad pacing for the writer if that is what she has planned. hope the ending will not feel rushed.

I like SMJ fighting scene...only using bare hands. I love Hwarang specially if they are united.

Hmm, so it will be the revelation tomorrow...ottoke?! Well, I need to prepare myself. Well, wikipedia said that Wonhwa(original flowers) refers to cadets of Silla Kingdom and was headed by two women...so Princess and Ah Ro....While, the Queen was pointing a sword to the woman, she said "adeul" which refers to "son"... Very intriguing! Gonna wait for the subs and episode tomorrow.

The link to the preview:

제18부 :: 화랑 :: 2월 14일 화요일
2017-02-14(화)22:00 KBS 2TV
석현제는 석씨 가문을 다시 일으킬 욕심으로 단세에게 은밀한 지시를 내리고, 아로는 지소에게 자신은 절대 포기 하지 않을 것이라며 맞선다. 한편 삼맥종은 아로가 원화가 되었다는 사실을 듣고 고민에 빠지고, 지소의 계략에 분노하며 휘경공을 찾아간 선우는 그로부터 충격적인 이야기를 듣게 되는데...!

p.s In the video clip, did AR's father confessed to the Queen that SW is not his son, but his son's friend.

4 minutes ago, janice3joy3 said:

I like SMJ fighting scene...only using bare hands. I love Hwarang specially if they are united.

Hmm, so it will be the revelation tomorrow...ottoke?! Well, I need to prepare myself. Well, wikipedia said that Wonhwa(original flowers) refers to cadets of Silla Kingdom and was headed by two women...so Princess and Ah Ro....While, the Queen was pointing a sword to the woman, she said "adeul" which refers to "son"... Very intriguing! Gonna wait for the subs and episode tomorrow.

She said that "because of her son, I need to kill you" to the woman, maybe possibly hinting at something...the woman did something that would cause harm to SMJ?

21 minutes ago, notohaterfans said:

so my king still not the king... weh????!!!

I am starting to get annoyed that our king still not the king and the continuos talk and plan of changing the king. I should be contended by now that SMJ is going to sit on that throne in the last episode. This writer really frustrates me.

Ahh, listening to it again, An Ji Gong says  to Queen Ji So, "There is no reason for your son to sit in the King's chair (which means be on the throne basically)"

And then, he says in the last part, "That child...There is a reason why he should sit on the King's chair"

wait so is he possibly hinting that Moo Myung might be the worthy one on the throne... Gahh this is all too confusing :scream: 

Archived