[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her LOVE Opened HIS HEART & CHANGED HIM... 

A TENDER KISS given unexpectedly, Inspires another FILLED with PASSION and sealed HIS LOVE for HER within it...

There were so many moments one could choose to write about and I started to write about my usual favorite the OTP even deleted my whole post once as well. But @Yongzura was right something was wrong my computer is acting up not allowing me to post pictures or quotes which after a while I was thankful that this one picture did transfer.  I enjoy using images and also quotes it's kind of like an artist painting a picture it allows you to think, remember and relive a moment and those feelings within you.  At least for me it allows my thoughts to flow and the words as well...

After thinking about it and watching the rest of the episode maybe it was fate that this picture was only one I could use.  After watching Banryu & Sooyun scenes more than a few times and those kisses as well.  I was thankful to the writer for allowing us to see them and their love bloom and move forward although their sweetness makes me wish and want more...

I loved when Sooyun was standing on that ladder which still makes me smile every time I see her on it. Her friendship with ARO is so special and the fact that Sooyun makes such an effort just to be with and talk to ARO.  She is the very best kind of friend and ARO is as well it works both ways.  Having someone you can be yourself with silly or sad just being able to trust someone and them listen when your hurting and encourage you when your afraid or lost.  There is something to be said in those ladder scenes that friendship has existed throughout time and even today still means so very much...

Sooyun not only brings Banryu a hand made gift but she brings him all that she has. Within her hands the gift one he can hold onto and remember her with.  The others a gentle kiss and words that are spoken from a woman's heart that is full of love for this man who stands beside her.  Courage, I think she knew this might be the only chance she would have and she wasn't about to let him go without him knowing just how much she cared.  I'll be waiting for you... You could almost feel her mind in silence saying you remember that and come back to me...  It's moments like these that you don't really care about the what ifs It's only me feeling like this, you just go for it.  NO holding back no worrying about tomorrow because there just might not be one...  Her being bold and sincere reminding him  that she wasn't going anywhere because inside she knew her heart belonged to him already and where ever he was her heart was with him... Not knowing what the future would hold or the dangers that may lay ahead.   Saying good-bye to Her best friend, her brother and her heart must have been almost to much to bare.  They say it's hard for the one who leaves but I think it must be just as hard on the one who is left behind...

When there are so many truly interesting & funny & loving characters & relationships even between the Hwarang themselves. I found myself being touched at another moment as well when they were being asked to volunteer I know every person had a different reason but still when they raised their hands why is it the Musketeers came to my mind that feeling of no matter the differences being forced to fight together for a common cause can turn individuals into brothers.   Maybe not overnight but in time depending on one another when even men least expect it they become united and even change and feel and find something much greater than themselves.  Having someones back and them having yours sharing fears and struggles but finding strength and courage in standing together instead of alone...

I know in a way Banryu is trapped because of wanting to protect his father.  It would be a hard place to be in but I hope he takes the high road and the others as well and choose the right path.  I did think it was interesting about the princess why is it sometimes she & MM feel like siblings to me.  I mean I know she likes MM but in odd way they seem alike...

Well wouldn't you know it I posted and lost the picture LOL what a day:cold_sweat:

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Just starting to watch this latest episode it's not what I expected but still so interesting...

ARO might just be the most courageous Hwarang to bad women were not allowed.  She comes to the rescue of the King but has to lie to MM to do so.  I was a bit surprised that he cut her. I mean I know he was angry but still that was a little bit of a shock for me at least.  I know MM loves her and she understands his passion about things but I don't think she has any idea why he was truly so angry.  Not to mention I don't think she forgot about how the King saved her more than once himself... She cares about him and I think feels sorry for him as well she understand loneliness and could see what kind of relationship the King has with the Queen.  Nothing like how a Mother & Son should be.  I have a feeling the King may turn out to be that Brother ARO always needed in her life.  It won't be easy for the King to get over his feelings for her but time heals everything and I think the realization that you can't force a heart to love someone even if he is the King and that King is you...

Yeah it was shocking that MM accidentally cut and hurt her... even so, you can see how shocked Moo Myung is and how guilty he feels for doing that to her. And yup she doesn't know why Moo Myung was angry so I'm curious how she'll react when she finds out the truth.

thatll be interesting if SMJ turns out to be a brother Aro needs... but she did say that she likes MM and wished he was her real brother 

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

Just done watching with SUBS.

I am happy that at least, Aro does care deeply for Sammaekjong even only as friend (when he bandaged her arm, it struck my shippy heart again. Why? Why can't they just be together? :bawling:He is such a lonely soul and seeing how he tries to salvage his vulnerable friendship with Sun Woo is painful for me.

Thank goodness also, there is Pa Oh who genuinely cares and affectionate of his young king (his weeping scenes really the highlight of the night) and I really hope that Master We Hwa truly supports SMJ to take his rightful place as the King. I think it's a clever move for SMJ to join the rest to go to Baekje. The faceless king has been pretty much branded as useless and weak by his people and having him fighting on the front line for his country is a great chance for the people to acknowledge that they are indeed to be ruled by a great king.

Based on preview, I predicted SMJ will reveal himself as the King in episode 14. It's a tough decision for him as he was still unsure but seeing how his fellow Hwarangs' being placed in danger because of him, I believe he would take the risk to protect and fight for a much bigger course and take responsibility.

And finally, please allow me some gushing moment. Can Park Hyung Sik gets any hotter??? The man has a way of grabbing someone. He looked hottt even when grabbing Park Seo Joon by the arm! And that puppy eyes and puppy gaze....I can't even. :love:

Yesss chingu, can I just say how much I love Aro and SMJ scene together? I love how the drama has a scene with SMJ and Aro together and MM and Aro as well~ Even though SMJ sand Aro's scene was short, it was so lovely how SMJ behaved towards her and what they talked about :)

But yeah I'm glad he has Pa Oh on his side because he acts like his father. Really caring and protecting for him. Even though the Queen ordered Pa Oh to protect SMJ, you just know and see his affection for him and he earnestly cares for SMJ~ I honestly love their relationship and scenes together. The scene where Pa Oh was sobbing is hilarious but so precious.

I think everyone is sure that SMJ is going to reveal himself based on the episode 14 preview. Super excited to see that :D

and oh there's always permission to gush about Park Hyung Sik :wink: 

1 hour ago, silvianage said:

A lot of people already discuss about SMJ so I myself wants to share my opinion about Sun Woo/MM

Although SMJ is pitifull, SW/MM is also pitifull, he lives without names, never know about his origin, others told him that his mother abandon him and he is some one that no one wants to be born, he never being tought how to read or write or martial art properly although he is very clever and have alot of potential. He also have a special disease that never treated properly. His only friend (like his description, best friend, a mother, a brother) Mak Moon killed in front of him and he thinks he is the cause of his death while actually not.

Yet, he still grown up to be a great young man with sense of justice, loyal and wise. Quote HS word he is the coolest among Hwarang.

Writernim please reveal SMJ and SW/MM identity fast rather dwelling about it for 14 episode, I want to see sun woo and other hwarang member development to be the greatest warrior in silla already please don't leave it untill the last episode.

Ah yeah that's so true about Moo Myung too. He has no idea about his identity, he was never properly raised, he saw his one and only best friend die in front of him, and he's being used by the Queen. But the way he grew up and his personality is what we all love about him right? Personally my favorite moment with him is when MM was talking about Water and the King. Even though people there didn't agree with him, we all know that's the right thing and the bone system in their society is pretty messed up. I'm sure SMJ agreed with what he said too :) 

but, now that he's apart of Hwarang and met Aro and SMJ, his life got better, right right? :) He has somebody to love and someone who loves him and also has SMJ as a friend even though there's still that awkwardness between them because of Mak Moon's death.

24 minutes ago, emiry32 said:

Finally got to see today's episode. It's been a pretty hectic day for me so I've been sneaking for time to see bits of the episode ^_^ My apologies if I'm repeating anything that's already said :sweatingbullets:

This episode was intense. I feel so frustrated at the misunderstanding between Moo Myung and SMJ.  I can tell both of them value their friendship greatly, especially for SMJ, and this misunderstanding is breaking it up... I hope they clear it up soon!!! And I pity SMJ because the Queen doesn't seem to care about him at all. She really doesn't want to give up the throne huh?

My favorite scene was with Han Sung and Moo Myung :lol: I agree Han Sung! Moo Myung is the coolest Hwarang! It's so adorable when his brother has to literally drag him away. I love it when MM finds Han Sung cute too :lol: This scene was just tooooooooo fluffy

Ahhh...that kiss scene between Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon was just so sweet. I think she really changed Ban Ryu's mean personality now :D Even Soo Ho finds it  weird that he said "thanks"! 

From the preview, it looks like SMJ is going to reveal himself...it must be difficult for him. Excited for tomorrow's episode!!!

It's okay if you repeat anything :) 

Yeah I was sad about the misunderstanding between MM and SMJ as well... We know that deep down Moo Myung likes SMJ as a friend too and SMJ feels the same way, even admitted it. And yeah, I was saying earlier that the Queen doesn't care about his feelings at all and is just greedy for power...

Han sung and Moo Myung's scene was just too precious. I love how the brother literally dragged Han sung away haha~~

Im excited for tomorrow too. :wub: SMJ revealing he's king

12 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

does anyone here think that they might be cousins??

I actually think they might be cousins... it's a possibility. I think they're related in some way

5 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@athena22  It wasn't the king that killed his friend whih he don't know but it was the friend seeing the king and he doed at the queens request for seeing him.. I'm looking forward to Sunwoo find out about it and his identity.. I hope PHS can pull of the mixed emotion scene well.. I do see JW/King saving his life..

I agree the Queen has been poisioned for a long time now..    

No they are half brothers, Both are sons of the King but different mothers 

Yeah, I think the Queen is being poisoned. It's like the poison in Empress Ki where the effects of it don't come right away.

wait how do you know they're half brothers? :blink: Couldn't they be cousin's as well?

2 minutes ago, silvianage said:

I miss old Mo Myung with the beautifull smile, palyfull, fear of nothing and free as a bird :bawling:

True I miss him too those days where he smiled playfully . Now he is constricted by queen's plot and revenge that his smile faded:cry:

Just finished watching with subs but you know I was wondering in the preview the voiceover was sun woo's right??

He is telling not to blame and not to be afraid and say directly 

I think these words will make SMJ to tell he is the king right

6 minutes ago, silvianage said:

I miss old Mo Myung with the beautifull smile, palyfull, fear of nothing and free as a bird :bawling:

And please change his hair style, his latest one without the head ban is the worst among all other style, thankfully it's save by PSJ handsomeness

Hmm..... really? I think his hair without the headband looks good... maybe it's just me that thinks this :lol: But he does look really handsome in his Hwarang gear though :wub:

Just now, athena22 said:

True I miss him too those days where he smiled playfully . Now he is constricted by queen's plot and revenge that his smile faded:cry:

Just finished watching with subs but you know I was wondering in the preview the voiceover was sun woo's right??

He is telling not to blame and not to be afraid and say directly 

I think these words will make SMJ to tell he is the king right

Yep! I think what Moo Myung says in the preview is what he tells SMJ~~ and I think this gives him the determination to reveal he's King

56 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I am starting to wonder why master hwikyung keep trying to make ahn ji gong kill smj and the queen. Surely he has other people to do the dirty work? It will be ironic if smj is in fact ahn ji gong's son with the queen, so ahn ji gong almost kill his own flesh and blood. Maybe that s why queen is like so sure that ahn ji gong can use sw to protect smj? She s holding her last card which will be to tell ahn ji gong that smj is his son.

It cannot be.  SMJ in history is Galmun's son.  Galmun is King Beopheung's brother although he never sat on the throne.  

I actually have a strong suspicion that MooMyung is from the Gaya Kingdom.  There is a history of myths that Gaya Kings comes from eggs and hence the name dog-bird for MooMyung.  

15 minutes ago, ferily said:

Hmm..... really? I think his hair without the headband looks good... maybe it's just me that thinks this :lol: But he does look really handsome in his Hwarang gear though :wub:

Personally, I think all the hairstyles PSJ had look good on him :wub: 

i knew it! ah ro did intervene in behalf of smj. she may not be in love with him, but she does care for him. my brain has already accepted that ah ro and smj will not be happening, however, my poor heart just wouldn't listen. it keeps shipping these two. :( really hope that phs and ara will have a future project where they end up together, better yet, maybe they can end up together for real. :)

why so manipulative princess?! you do have to give her credit for being smart, though. she knew that there is no way that sw will join the hwarang party, so she made ah ro come to make sw volunteer.

br and sy are so cute together! so happy that this ship will continue to sail and have their happily ever after (i hope). my other 2 ships have sunk (or at least sinking) to the bottom of the sea already, can't have this one sinking as well.

the show is more than halfway through yet they still haven't revealed sw's background and is still keeping smj being king a secret. i do hope that they reveal things soon and not just cram everything into the last few episodes. they still have a lot of things to resolve and questions that needs to be answered. i would not like this to go the moon lovers route where they just crammed everything in the finale.

Spoiler

“Hwarang” Stills Revealed For Kim Min Joon’s Appearance In Upcoming Episode

kim-min-joon.jpg

Kim Min Joon is making an appearance in the upcoming episode of “Hwarang.”

The latest previews for the drama anticipate a darker turn to the storyline that contrasts with the bright, youthful story in the beginning of the show.

kim-min-joon-2.jpg

Kim Min Joon plays the role of Chang, the aggressive crown prince of Southern Buyeo. His charismatic aura in the newly revealed stills adds to viewers’ expectations about the heavier storyline coming up.

Meanwhile, in the last episode, Princess Sook Myung, Sun Woo, Sam Maek Jong, Suho, Banryu, and Aro headed out on a dangerous journey to Southern Buyeo

Saw an article just posted it...^_^

13 hours ago, ferily said:

Sam Maek Jong wondering what to do...

And Sam Maek Jong finally having the determination to do something..

His eyes though. Can't wait to see what he'll do in tomorrow's episode and he'll take action? :D

I am waiting for this scene for tomorrow's episode. I'm hoping Sam Maek Jong does something and my guess is he's about to make changes to his country, because he's the king, he's going to step up.

I haven't watch today's episode and only clips here and there. I am behind, need to catch up.

5 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I am waiting for this scene for tomorrow's episode. I'm hoping Sam Maek Jong does something and my guess is he's about to make changes to his country, because he's the king, he's going to step up.

I haven't watch today's episode and only clips here and there. I am behind, need to catch up.

Yes, I am excited to see what Sam Maek Jong will do as well. I think he's going to step up and prevent innocent lives from being taken away... Maybe take the initiative since he is King and tell the Baekje nation off?

I am actually very curious is everyone's interest in Aro.

On 31/01/2017 at 10:55 AM, sebastian27 said:

does anyone here think that they might be cousins??

Do you mean MooMyeung and SMJ?  I think it is likely.  The thing is the King and Queens in Sillia have lots of lovers it gets so confusing. 

The only love line I am invested in right now is Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon.  Can somebody please care to explain to me why Ban Ryu is with his adopted father since he has a real father?  Did his mother become the adopted's father mistress?  I just don't know what the situation is because it seems like his father is working under his adopted father.  

19 minutes ago, ferily said:

Uh oh, looks like Aro becomes a prisoner in tomorrow's episode... The article talks about how Aro becomes a prisoner and where she is going to be taken and what will happen to her

Seems princess won't accept wedlock solution so guy will keep a hostage...who else but AR :angry:

Spoiler

Spoiler

201701302302335271767_20170130230322_01_

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-30%2Bat%2B4.26.3

Naver - Herald Pop: Park Seo Joon confesses to Go Ara "desperate yearning'

1. [+1,173, -56] He's coming out as a king tomorrowㅠㅠ I'm feeling the tension ㅠㅠ

2. [+978, -38] I hope Sam Maek Jong and Sun Woo will get along well like they were beforeㅜㅜ

3. [+840, -46] Tomorrow looks fun ㅠ

4. [+786, -47] Can't wait for tomorrow. Sook Myung's frustrating today

5. [+803, -83] Ah seriously Park Seo Joon

6. [+220, -18] This drama is so much fun ㅠㅠ Sad that the ratings are too low ㅠㅠ

7. [+190, -8] Can't wait to see how Jin Heung's chemistry with Seon Woo changes after he's revealed as the king!!

Spoiler

201701302207035149025_20170130220804_01.

Nate - Herald Pop: Park Seo Joon inflicts injury on Go Ara's arms

1. [+174, -19] Seo Ye Ji's pretty bad at portraying her character, her tone is awkward too

2. [+84, -10] It's possible that Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Shik are twins. I suppose Park Seo Joon is similar to Deokman in Queen Seondeok who was sent away for being an ominous omen, I'm guessing he and Park Hyung Shik are the queen and Ahn Ji Gong's sons while Go Ara is just Ahn Ji Gong's adopted daughter

3. [+66, 0] I thought Seo Ye Ji's voice is dubbed over whenever she says something

4. [+23, -8] It's way more logical if Park Seo Joon ends up with the princess and Park Hyung Shik to end up with Go Ara. The brother-sister set up makes me a bit uncomfortable

5. [+17, -6] Go Ara's acting is no goodㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+15, 0] I had high hopes for the plot,  I expected it to be focused on the fight for power in those times, something similar to Queen Seon Deok but it's too focused on the love lines. Can't stand Go Ara's crying and whining

cr

20 minutes ago, sheza said:

Do you mean MooMyeung and SMJ?  I think it is likely.  The thing is the King and Queens in Sillia have lots of lovers it gets so confusing.  

That's true. I think Sam Maek Jong and Moo Myung are either cousins are they are half-siblings. Honestly, I have no idea because Moo Myung's birth is still such a mystery. I hope the drama will reveal his birth soon. It's like one of the things I'm really cousin and want to know about in the drama....

Archived