[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Finished Episode 13 with subs and this episode Moo Myung was angry at Sam Maek Jong being King. MM is obviously still upset that Mak Moon died because he saw the King's face. I hope their friendship will get better in tomorrow's episode and MM won't be mad for too long. Because I mean, I'm sure that MM feels the same way as SMJ, regarding them being friends... It's just that MM finding out the King is SMJ, he's angry..

I already mentioned it before but Pa Oh's reaction to SMJ leaving and Han Sung wanting to go with Moo Myung is just too precious and hilarious. I love how Pa Oh starts crying at the thought of SMJ leaving and SMJ looks at him with a strange face. And then there's Han Sung that desperately wants to go along with MM because he likes him and thinks he's cool, but Han Sung's brother has to literally drag him away from following MM :joy: Ah, those scenes were just golden...

Then there's the Queen that makes everything so depressing. I feel bad for SMJ because it seems as though the Queen doesn't really care about SMJ at all. She even said herself she doesn't care about what he likes, dislikes, feels but just wants him to stay silent and let her do everything for him to get the throne. She's pretty much greedy for the power and only wants SMJ on the throne for her own benefit.. She doesn't care about what SMJ feels at all...

But anyways it looks like we are going to get some action tomorrow...!!! I'm extremely excited to see what the Hwarang will do when they get to Baekje and precisely what SMJ will do. It seems like based on the preview, SMJ will announce he is the King, but the question is what causes him to reveal he is King. Is it because his people are in danger or because the Hwarang boys are? So so excited to see what Sam Maek Jong will do. Thinking and rewatching Episode 14 preview makes me more excited. I think because of what MM said, SMJ will take his advice...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just starting to watch this latest episode it's not what I expected but still so interesting...

ARO might just be the most courageous Hwarang to bad women were not allowed.  She comes to the rescue of the King but has to lie to MM to do so.  I was a bit surprised that he cut her. I mean I know he was angry but still that was a little bit of a shock for me at least.  I know MM loves her and she understands his passion about things but I don't think she has any idea why he was truly so angry.  Not to mention I don't think she forgot about how the King saved her more than once himself... She cares about him and I think feels sorry for him as well she understand loneliness and could see what kind of relationship the King has with the Queen.  Nothing like how a Mother & Son should be.  I have a feeling the King may turn out to be that Brother ARO always needed in her life.  It won't be easy for the King to get over his feelings for her but time heals everything and I think the realization that you can't force a heart to love someone even if he is the King and that King is you...

46 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Just starting to watch this latest episode it's not what I expected but still so interesting...

ARO might just be the most courageous Hwarang to bad women were not allowed.  She comes to the rescue of the King but has to lie to MM to do so.  I was a bit surprised that he cut her. I mean I know he was angry but still that was a little bit of a shock for me at least.  I know MM loves her and she understands his passion about things but I don't think she has any idea why he was truly so angry.  Not to mention I don't think she forgot about how the King saved her more than once himself... She cares about him and I think feels sorry for him as well she understand loneliness and could see what kind of relationship the King has with the Queen.  Nothing like how a Mother & Son should be.  I have a feeling the King may turn out to be that Brother ARO always needed in her life.  It won't be easy for the King to get over his feelings for her but time heals everything and I think the realization that you can't force a heart to love someone even if he is the King and that King is you...

Yes, it was quite an intense episode.  AR is undoubtedly one of the Hwarangs too, she is always a brave person even before she met MM/SW.  It is quite a dilemma for her to lie or not but as we know the King did save her quite a number of time.  The cut to me was an accident, both of them moved at the same time. AR went forward and MM was trying to put the sword away from her.  It still hurt both of them though no matter what.  However, since both of them still have secrets from each other the relationship will not sail smoothly yet, although they are in "good terms" for now.  At least, I hope this will help them to get through the challenges that they are facing in Baekje.

p.s @USAFarmgirl your post has a different tone this morning (my side of the world).  This might be because of the surprise as you mentioned.

Just done watching with SUBS.

I am happy that at least, Aro does care deeply for Sammaekjong even only as friend (when he bandaged her arm, it struck my shippy heart again. Why? Why can't they just be together? :bawling:He is such a lonely soul and seeing how he tries to salvage his vulnerable friendship with Sun Woo is painful for me.

Thank goodness also, there is Pa Oh who genuinely cares and affectionate of his young king (his weeping scenes really the highlight of the night) and I really hope that Master We Hwa truly supports SMJ to take his rightful place as the King. I think it's a clever move for SMJ to join the rest to go to Baekje. The faceless king has been pretty much branded as useless and weak by his people and having him fighting on the front line for his country is a great chance for the people to acknowledge that they are indeed to be ruled by a great king.

Based on preview, I predicted SMJ will reveal himself as the King in episode 14. It's a tough decision for him as he was still unsure but seeing how his fellow Hwarangs' being placed in danger because of him, I believe he would take the risk to protect and fight for a much bigger course and take responsibility.

And finally, please allow me some gushing moment. Can Park Hyung Sik gets any hotter??? The man has a way of grabbing someone. He looked hottt even when grabbing Park Seo Joon by the arm! And that puppy eyes and puppy gaze....I can't even. :love:

Thanks to everyone who replied an indulged me on this discussion because I find it so interesting.  I know that this show is fiction so we will probably won't see a clear story from history save for the few characters.  Queen Regent Ji So herself is an interesting character because she married her uncle.  Therefore, it kinda messed up all the titles as to who is in the older generation.  For example, King Jin Heung is both Kong Beopheung's grandson and nephew.  I suspect also because these people are marrying their relative,s there's a lot genetic issues associated with it.  Queen Ji So also had three men in her life.  General Yisabu and Kim Yushin is one of them.  Princess Sookmyung came from General YiSabu.  Kim Yu Sin is a hwarang and is a descendent of the Gaya Kingdom.  His mother is Kim Seo-hyeon and Lady Manmyeong.  Interestingly, history records that Lady Manmyeong is Sammaekjong's niece but again, the whole thing is rather confusing because we do not know where historians are placing Sammaekjong on the generational ladder.  

A lot of people already discuss about SMJ so I myself wants to share my opinion about Sun Woo/MM

Although SMJ is pitifull, SW/MM is also pitifull, he lives without names, never know about his origin, others told him that his mother abandon him and he is some one that no one wants to be born, he never being tought how to read or write or martial art properly although he is very clever and have alot of potential. He also have a special disease that never treated properly. His only friend (like his description, best friend, a mother, a brother) Mak Moon killed in front of him and he thinks he is the cause of his death while actually not.

Yet, he still grown up to be a great young man with sense of justice, loyal and wise. Quote HS word he is the coolest among Hwarang.

Writernim please reveal SMJ and SW/MM identity fast rather dwelling about it for 14 episode, I want to see sun woo and other hwarang member development to be the greatest warrior in silla already please don't leave it untill the last episode.

9 minutes ago, silvianage said:

A lot of people already discuss about SMJ so I myself wants to share my opinion about Sun Woo/MM

Although SMJ is pitifull, SW/MM is also pitifull, he lives without names, never know about his origin, others told him that his mother abandon him and he is some one that no one wants to be born, he never being tought how to read or write or martial art properly although he is very clever and have alot of potential. He also have a special disease that never treated properly. His only friend (like his description, best friend, a mother, a brother) Mak Moon killed in front of him and he thinks he is the cause of his death while actually not.

Yet, he still grown up to be a great young man with sense of justice, loyal and wise. Quote HS word he is the coolest among Hwarang.

Writernim please reveal SMJ and SW/MM identity fast rather dwelling about it for 14 episode, I want to see sun woo and other hwarang member development to be the greatest warrior in silla already please don't leave it untill the last episode.

@silvianage Sun Woo identity is link to the royal family my guess is he's JW/King brother that his mom the queen kick out it was either she kick him out to kill him to secure JW/King throne or she kick him out for her to rule which she refuse to give up to her son.. My guess is Sun Woo is the king son older then her son and is next in line for the throne.  The only way JW/King as of now he claims the throne she'll have to be on her death bed and she still might not hand it over to him then.. It's all about her and her rule she careless who takes the throne after her death sacred bones or not she would rather have that country go to ruins then have someone behind her to rule better then her.. The Queen is a very selfish woman everything is about her and for her..

24 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Yeah it is taking too long already, I love this drama because of the cast but the story progress is too slow, not much is happening :unsure:

I think it's just too cliche to reveal it near the end, at least if they reveal it now it'll be interesting, but I think they'll save it for the latter as always, and there are so much problem to be resolved, I worry the writer will cram it all near the end sigh :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Agree to that.. and HS said he is a cool man.  :blush: He has lots of potential and worked hard to improve his skills.  I keep thinking of how with his upbringing he can still be a person with lots of wisdom.  [I'm comparing to some of us who blamed their pitiful upbringing as the reason why their lives are not worthy. Nature vs nurture?] I guess the relationship he has with Master Woo-reuk and MM is significant in making him as he is now plus the  unknown "genetic" factor that is to be revealed soon. 

5 minutes ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Yeah it is taking too long already, I love this drama because of the cast but the story progress is too slow, not much is happening :unsure:

I think it's just too cliche to reveal it near the end, at least if they reveal it now it'll be interesting, but I think they'll save it for the latter as always, and there are so much problem to be resolved, I worry the writer will cram it all near the end sigh :rolleyes:

If this happen, the writer wasting all the cast talents 

As everyone mentioned there might be a possibility of Moo myung to be related to SMJ in one or the other.

@sava2sava whatever you said might be possible but eventhough it comes up to that and MM realises if he is the king or next in line I think in my opinion he would give up because it was this King's position or title that had killed his friend and it was this title that he is trying to avenge for his friend's death so it will end in SMJ becoming king..

I have a doubt is queen being poisoned already..

Finally got to see today's episode. It's been a pretty hectic day for me so I've been sneaking for time to see bits of the episode ^_^ My apologies if I'm repeating anything that's already said :sweatingbullets:

This episode was intense. I feel so frustrated at the misunderstanding between Moo Myung and SMJ.  I can tell both of them value their friendship greatly, especially for SMJ, and this misunderstanding is breaking it up... I hope they clear it up soon!!! And I pity SMJ because the Queen doesn't seem to care about him at all. She really doesn't want to give up the throne huh?

My favorite scene was with Han Sung and Moo Myung :lol: I agree Han Sung! Moo Myung is the coolest Hwarang! It's so adorable when his brother has to literally drag him away. I love it when MM finds Han Sung cute too :lol: This scene was just tooooooooo fluffy

Ahhh...that kiss scene between Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon was just so sweet. I think she really changed Ban Ryu's mean personality now :D Even Soo Ho finds it  weird that he said "thanks"! 

From the preview, it looks like SMJ is going to reveal himself...it must be difficult for him. Excited for tomorrow's episode!!!

2 minutes ago, athena22 said:

As everyone mentioned there might be a possibility of Moo myung to be related to SMJ in one or the other.

@sava2sava whatever you said might be possible but eventhough it comes up to that and MM realises if he is the king or next in line I think in my opinion he would give up because it was this King's position or title that had killed his friend and it was this title that he is trying to avenge for his friend's death so it will end in SMJ becoming king..

I think  the queen already being poisoned

I am starting to wonder why master hwikyung keep trying to make ahn ji gong kill smj and the queen. Surely he has other people to do the dirty work? It will be ironic if smj is in fact ahn ji gong's son with the queen, so ahn ji gong almost kill his own flesh and blood. Maybe that s why queen is like so sure that ahn ji gong can use sw to protect smj? She s holding her last card which will be to tell ahn ji gong that smj is his son.

3 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I am starting to wonder why master hwikyung keep trying to make ahn ji gong kill smj and the queen. Surely he has other people to do the dirty work? It will be ironic if smj is in fact ahn ji gong's son with the queen, so ahn ji gong almost kill his own flesh and blood. Maybe that s why queen is like so sure that ahn ji gong can use sw to protect smj? She s holding her last card which will be to tell ahn ji gong that smj is his son.

hopefully he will not use Ahn Ji Gong to make his (probably) son king by killing SMJ and Queen.

This will be very cruel thing for SW/MM being used after being abandon

I also have same guess before that SMJ is AJG son before but I think it's not

17 minutes ago, athena22 said:

@athena22  It wasn't the king that killed his friend whih he don't know but it was the friend seeing the king and he doed at the queens request for seeing him.. I'm looking forward to Sunwoo find out about it and his identity.. I hope PHS can pull of the mixed emotion scene well.. I do see JW/King saving his life..

I agree the Queen has been poisioned for a long time now..    

6 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

does anyone here think that they might be cousins??

No they are half brothers, Both are sons of the King but different mothers 

Archived