[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Seeing the Hwarang looks vs Modern looks...

I would say, PSJ has better looking in modern looks :D While PHS and DJH are better looking in Hwarang looks.. This does not mean that they are bad looking in vice versa.. 

The rest are equal.. good look in hwarang and modern.. 

PSJ's hair in interview of Hwarang in the YT clips below really suits him! Go Ara is prettier also in modern looks in this clips. Well, PHS' hair in this YT clips is better than in his OST clips. I don't really like his bangs actually in OST clips. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Is phs acting nice there??? I liked him soo much in hwarang eventhough I started watching because of park seo joon I fell for him:flushed:

Coz I remember him as myung soo in heirs :D

I watch the first two episode of High Society last week out of curiosity, I think he's very good there, I care more about him than Sung Joon's character, hahaha :D

5 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Had  a busy last few days grrrrrr

I think will be hard for SW...was easy without a face to hate...but now when he knows king as a person...and i want SW to know he does not remember it right...it was coz of king but commandant killed AR's brother on queen's order not king's

Don't see SW as a patient man...unless he changes his mind...uhhhhh 2.5 more days

One thing i didn't like...from preview seemed OTP story will go back and forth...i would prefer if they have a steady course...hiding the truth from whom ever they have to but with clear and strong bond between them...hope AR won't start to cry on king's shoulder and SW to mess with princess

Think i have to count on BR and his girl for sweet scene next ep :wub:

I don't like the push and pull between our otp either, there's enough story to be told w/out it. I want them just to be together. If AR cry's on SMJ's shoulder I would have to flip a table.th_1.gif I don't  think AR would be so cruel, She knows he like's her.

5 hours ago, carmens said:

my heart goes dugum dugum

Me too  love.png          

D2vVy3B.jpg?1

@mundaliv I like PHS w/out bangs better too

@mundaliv and @evie7, to me Park Hyung Sik looks handsome regardless :love:

Anyone else suffering through this week, waiting for Episode 13 to come out? After that huge cliffhanger, I am dying to know what will happen next. What will SMJ say to Moo Myung and what will Moo Myung do? I know he will most likely not try to kill SMJ since I am pretty sure they both consider each other both good friends but I am still dying to know...!! I bet Moo Myung will be angry at SMJ for awhile since he is the King and he thinks the King is the reason why Mak Moon died but I am hoping SMJ and MM could have a heartfelt talk and SMJ could tell him what he really thinks and feels..

12 hours ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Is phs acting nice there??? I liked him soo much in hwarang eventhough I started watching because of park seo joon I fell for him:flushed:

Coz I remember him as myung soo in heirs :D

I watched high society after first seeing him in Hwarang. So surprised that he s an idol turned actor. He basically steal the spot light from all other leads and although he s the second lead he won the excellent actor for miniseries in sbs drama award. Both he and the first lead were nominees but he won!

35 minutes ago, ferily said:

Anyone else suffering through this week, waiting for Episode 13 to come out? After that huge cliffhanger, I am dying to know what will happen next. What will SMJ say to Moo Myung and what will Moo Myung do? I know he will most likely not try to kill SMJ since I am pretty sure they both consider each other both good friends but I am still dying to know...!! I bet Moo Myung will be angry at SMJ for awhile since he is the King and he thinks the King is the reason why Mak Moon died but I am hoping SMJ and MM could have a heartfelt talk and SMJ could tell him what he really thinks and feels..

Me! I starting to like Ah Ro being friend of smj instead of smj keep chasing for her love. It s time to focus on getting the throne and gathering good friends and support.

Hope Sun woo stop with his ignoring Ah Ro act. It s getting repeative and against his style of being the impulsive and free dog bird. 

27 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I watched high society after first seeing him in Hwarang. So surprised that he s an idol turned actor. He basically steal the spot light from all other leads and although he s the second lead he won the excellent actor for miniseries in sbs drama award. Both he and the first lead were nominees but he won!

Really as expected from PSH.:wub: His acting is so nice you sometimes wonder is he really an idol turned actor or actor turned idol:D

1 hour ago, athena22 said:

Really as expected from PSH.:wub: His acting is so nice you sometimes wonder is he really an idol turned actor or actor turned idol:D

Yes, that's exactly how good of an actor he is! He worked his way up :) I recommend watching What Happens To My Family as well, if you really like PHS! His character in there is just too adorable. PHS does a really good job of acting out a naive and innocent boy but eventually maturing~

By the way, I was just rewatching the Hwarang episodes, because the wait is killing me so I'm just going back and watching previous episodes, and I noticed that PHS's OST actually wasn't first heard in the preview! His OST is in Episode 9 when SMJ is trying to comfort Aro after she finds out about Moo Myung not being her brother.

Actually overall I noticed that alot of the OSTs are played in the earlier episodes as well. I like how Hwarang doesn't always use one OST for scenes but it uses each of the OST and doesn't forget about them :D

5 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Me! I starting to like Ah Ro being friend of smj instead of smj keep chasing for her love. It s time to focus on getting the throne and gathering good friends and support.

Hope Sun woo stop with his ignoring Ah Ro act. It s getting repeative and against his style of being the impulsive and free dog bird. 

Same here. It's torturous and we still have 4 more weeks to suffer. I agree with you, I like them bonding as friends. May be this shipper heart of mine still hoping there's a tiny bit of romantic interest from Aro side towards SMJ :tongue: But for now,  I really do love that she cares for him as a friend. Like I said before, at least the woman he loves still has genuine care and concern for him.

Regarding Sun Woo, yes, I also agree with you. Maybe that is why I ship her with SMJ. Because I always feel that his love  for Aro is more stable. She never needs to feel uncertain because he is always there and very sure of his feelings.

20 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

praying with you!!

OH MY!! you crushed my soul chingu!! I know I'll never be able to watch it!! :blink: *gasp* I'm happy with my Hwarang!! :wub: 

Actually, the good thing about watching sageuk is that you kinda have no expectation whatsoever for cute moments and happy endings. Yes, of course the good and the bad come one after another, but you keep on sitting on the edge of the couch almost the whole series hahaha And as somebody had quoted about what typical sageuk should be like (sorry, I can't remember who...) I, too, expect that in a sageuk people dies easily and unnecessarily most of the time. And that sageuk was supposed to be cruel to the audience. But the tone of Hwarang is none of them, so I think your heart is safe with Hwarang @sakura2016 hahahaha.....

Actually, sageuk is my kind of k-drama. Latest fusion sageuk like Sungkyungkwan Scandal, Moonlight Drawn by Cloud, and Hwarang were quite interesting because the playful tone they bring just give the audience a totally fresh approach to sageuk. And I love it. But Queen Seondeok and Deep Rooted Tree gave me the kind of satisfaction I want from a sageuk that those fusion sageuk didn't deliver. So, let me just say that I LOOOOOVEEEE both kind of sageuk. Haven't watched Scarlet Heart, tho, for reason I don't know.....

16 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

“Hwarang” To Combine First 12 Episodes Into A Lunar New Year Special

KBS is set to air a special edition of their Monday-Tuesday drama “Hwarang.”

KBS 2TV will be taking the first 12 episodes and condensing them into a 150-minute special that will be aired on January 30 at 12:35 p.m. KST.

This is seen as a strategy to bolster viewership ratings for episode 13, which will air at 10 p.m. KST on the same night.

With SBS’s “Romantic Doctor Kim” scoring ratings over 20 percent every episode, “Hwarang” was up against a strong contender from the start. However, the SBS drama ended on January 23, and “Hwarang” has begun to flourish, starting by breaking the 10 percent mark.The staff stated, “Our upcoming ‘Lunar New Year Special, Binge-watch Hwarang’ program will combine the most important scenes from the first 12 episodes into one episode. Viewers who missed out on some of the episodes will be able to catch up in this 150-minute special that is sure to be fun and enjoyable.”

Why not join in and have a binge-watch session of “Hwarang” yourself?

read here: https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/27/hwarang-combine-first-12-episodes-lunar-new-year-special/

Oh... My... Lord.... will KBS air this on their KBSWorld? Pleaseeeee......???

Oh, one more thing. Just found out that PSJ can also sing, and his voice is quite convincing.... So, anybody think that we can get an ansamble of our hwarang boys singing together for an OST? Imagine... Park Seo Joon... Park Hyung Sik... Kim Tae Hyung... Minho.... singing together.... ooooooohhhhhhh :sweatingbullets:

14 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Had  a busy last few days grrrrrr

I think will be hard for SW...was easy without a face to hate...but now when he knows king as a person...and i want SW to know he does not remember it right...it was coz of king but commandant killed AR's brother on queen's order not king's

Don't see SW as a patient man...unless he changes his mind...uhhhhh 2.5 more days

One thing i didn't like...from preview seemed OTP story will go back and forth...i would prefer if they have a steady course...hiding the truth from whom ever they have to but with clear and strong bond between them...hope AR won't start to cry on king's shoulder and SW to mess with princess

Think i have to count on BR and his girl for sweet scene next ep :wub:

most important thing is that you're doing well and here now!! :) 

right!! seing the "ennemy" he were looking for before him wakes all the pain and anger he was holding in!! I want him to relise that too but how? our only hope is Maek Jong telling him but would Sun Woo listen to him or even give him the chance to tell him? or Pa Oh who is my hope for this missunderstanding to end!!

yes!! patients was never his fort but a life and death threat not only to his life but his Hwarang mates and innocent people will force him to be patient!! for him protecting innocent people come first!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh no need to worry about that!! from the start Ah Ro and Sun Woo had eyes and fell for each other with no care to any other person!! and for sure Sun Woo won't mess with anyone let alone the evil Princess!! :lol: he have more grave things to think about add to it he's not the kind of men who cares for women or allow them to get close to him!! 

hhhhhhhh yes that's how I fel too!! :wub: 

14 hours ago, carmens said:

I just I liked him in ep 12

Minhooooooooooo SooHo-Rang beautiful

Hide contents

my heart goes dugum dugum

but...

why the Queen??????????

yeah!! other than being really handsome, I loved his moment with his sister!! :wub: we always saw him bickering with her but to see him really care for her and how he was a caring brother that she could cry on his shoulder was so sweet!! :wub: 

don't remind me of the Queen!! :blink: my heart aches everytime he thinks about her and their meeting was my nightmare!! :wacko:

13 hours ago, zagigirl said:

True :)...me to don't like his obsession with the queen...there r so many girls there...why she?...queen should of have love line with her commandant :angry:...she is his weak spot anyway

..and i prefer him without earrings :wink:

they can die together?!! Queen and Commander I mean!! I'd be happy to get rid of them at the same time!! 

they didn't bother me actually!! :tongue:

12 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Well he might be mad coz she didn't tell him about king...or at himself coz of mixed feelings twds taking revange after he finds out who king really is...or guilty coz of father...but if he wanted to stay away from AR he shouldn't of kiss her...he could of pretend he didn't hear her...would be more fair then giving her cold showers every now and then...i'm just afraid they might drag their love story till last ep :(

even if they have some arguments and he try to ignore her again that won't work chingu and won't last for too long, as we saw that didn't work before and won't work now too!! :wink:

8 hours ago, ferily said:

I'm dying for any still about the new episode chingu!! :crazy: the wait is killing me!! :crazy:

6 hours ago, ferily said:

By the way, I was just rewatching the Hwarang episodes, because the wait is killing me so I'm just going back and watching previous episodes, and I noticed that PHS's OST actually wasn't first heard in the preview! His OST is in Episode 9 when SMJ is trying to comfort Aro after she finds out about Moo Myung not being her brother.

Actually overall I noticed that alot of the OSTs are played in the earlier episodes as well. I like how Hwarang doesn't always use one OST for scenes but it uses each of the OST and doesn't forget about them :D

yes I noticed that too!! but didn't realise that Park Hyung Sik's OST was used earlier too!! 

2 hours ago, gwkzz said:

Actually, the good thing about watching sageuk is that you kinda have no expectation whatsoever for cute moments and happy endings. Yes, of course the good and the bad come one after another, but you keep on sitting on the edge of the couch almost the whole series hahaha And as somebody had quoted about what typical sageuk should be like (sorry, I can't remember who...) I, too, expect that in a sageuk people dies easily and unnecessarily most of the time. And that sageuk was supposed to be cruel to the audience. But the tone of Hwarang is none of them, so I think your heart is safe with Hwarang @sakura2016 hahahaha.....

Actually, sageuk is my kind of k-drama. Latest fusion sageuk like Sungkyungkwan Scandal, Moonlight Drawn by Cloud, and Hwarang were quite interesting because the playful tone they bring just give the audience a totally fresh approach to sageuk. And I love it. But Queen Seondeok and Deep Rooted Tree gave me the kind of satisfaction I want from a sageuk that those fusion sageuk didn't deliver. So, let me just say that I LOOOOOVEEEE both kind of sageuk. Haven't watched Scarlet Heart, tho, for reason I don't know.....

Oh... My... Lord.... will KBS air this on their KBSWorld? Pleaseeeee......???

Oh, one more thing. Just found out that PSJ can also sing, and his voice is quite convincing.... So, anybody think that we can get an ansamble of our hwarang boys singing together for an OST? Imagine... Park Seo Joon... Park Hyung Sik... Kim Tae Hyung... Minho.... singing together.... ooooooohhhhhhh :sweatingbullets:

hhhhhhhhh you sited everything that makes me skeptical about sageuk dramas especially when they are based on a true figure who most (all) of the time died tragicly and I know I'm doomed!! :blink: happy this drama is showing us Sam Meak Jong's history in a lighter way with romance and bromance which I love!! :wub: Scarlet Heart was the sageuk drama I knew I'll die watching it but did it anyway for Lee Jun Ki (why did he have to take that drama?!! I'm happy for him for what the drama gave him as an actor but not happy for what happened to my poor little heart!!) and I'm planning in watching Ruler-Master Of The Mask though I can tell I'm going to cry an ocean thanks to Yoo Seung Ho!! ahhh :blink:

don't know really but I think they will!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sure you didn't read all my posts or you would have figured it out a long time ago!! :lol: I even shared an MV with his OST from another drama used for an for this drama!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhh I think we can hope more we'll have OSTs from Park Seo Joon and Min Ho as we had OSTs from the rest!! :D 

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

New BTS Photo

The weather was very hot during filming so they always had a mini fan :D

thank you for sharing chingu!! :wub: yes, I was happy for Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Shik when they filmed the bickering scene on the river, they had a chance to cool themselves while filming in such hot weather!! :D 

found these!! :D I kept wondering who is she but then realised she's the "bodyguard" od the Princess who told Ah Ro to go to the forest for the Princess (to kill her)!! 

Spoiler

cr: hwarangthebeginning_official

I'm anticipating the next episode too..but CNY offday with family kind of keeping u away from the net. So, we shall wait patiently. I dont think the SW n SMJ confrontation will become trouble bcoz the bromance in the air. It will not drag on or hoping so. Hence, I shall see where BR n SY romance goes too. SY coming to BR's life may bringing peace to his heart. BR n SH now, are less with their bickering. I can see SMJ, SW, BR are 'maturing' through the episode but I dont see it with SH. SH n HS are still in their playful way. I want to see YW back in the white robe he wore back in earlier episode. He looked beautiful and 'eye-catch' in the way.. Ha ha 

Til Monday everyone! Happy Chinese New Year to those who celebrate it! Eventhough i'm not chinese, but still enjoying the 3 days of public holiday.

1 hour ago, an-naum said:

I'm anticipating the next episode too..but CNY offday with family kind of keeping u away from the net. So, we shall wait patiently. I dont think the SW n SMJ confrontation will become trouble bcoz the bromance in the air. It will not drag on or hoping so. Hence, I shall see where BR n SY romance goes too. SY coming to BR's life may bringing peace to his heart. BR n SH now, are less with their bickering. I can see SMJ, SW, BR are 'maturing' through the episode but I dont see it with SH. SH n HS are still in their playful way. I want to see YW back in the white robe he wore back in earlier episode. He looked beautiful and 'eye-catch' in the way.. Ha ha 

Til Monday everyone! Happy Chinese New Year to those who celebrate it! Eventhough i'm not chinese, but still enjoying the 3 days of public holiday.

I think that we saw growth in Soo Ho with his action (reaction) to scratching Ban Ryu with his sword!! he was concerned for him and couldn't bring himself to keep on the fight!! and he steped in to take Sun Woo's place in fighting against the evil minister's bodyguard which is a mature act and shows his care for his roommate/friend!! even Han Sung showed his other side facing his brother about his shortcomes!! 

hhhhhhhh happy for you!! 

cr: owner

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for this "real" scene to come!! :wub::lol: 

“Hwarang” Goes Behind The Scenes And Reveals Cast Love And Friendship

hwarang bts 3
SHARES3K

January 28, “Hwarang” revealed behind-the-scenes photos from filming last summer, showing the actors’ playful camaraderie in the middle of the blazing heat of summer, even hotter for the actors’ many-layered costumes.

KBS 2TV’s “Hwarang” is a 100 percent pre-produced drama, largely filmed through the summer of 2016. A drama with a young cast of similar ages, the drama set was always full of smiles, always playful, as revealed in new behind-the-scenes photos posted on January 28.

Spoiler

hwarang bts 1

hwarang bts

Drama staff said, “Teamwork among the ‘Hwarang’ cast is the best. Even while sweating bullets, the cast members took good care of others and fanned each other [to help cool down]. It’s because of this kind of teamwork that makes the chemistry in the drama really shine.”

Watch the first episode of “Hwarang,” airing on Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS:

read here: https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/27/hwarang-goes-behind-scenes-reveals-cast-love-friendship/

found these MVs!! :wub: 

7 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

New BTS Photo

The weather was very hot during filming so they always had a mini fan :D

Thanks for the BTS photos :wub: But yes, the Hwarang cast mentioned that the mini fans were their best friend and everyone was always carrying one because of the hot weather :D

4 hours ago, an-naum said:

Oh I am very excited for BR and SY future scenes together, especially that kiss on the cheek scene. Their such an adorable couple~ Also I think Ban Ryu and Soo Ho's bromance are slowly developing. You can see the two of them being more comfortable around each other~ :)

6 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhh you sited everything that makes me skeptical about sageuk dramas especially when they are based on a true figure who most (all) of the time died tragicly and I know I'm doomed!! :blink: happy this drama is showing us Sam Meak Jong's history in a lighter way with romance and bromance which I love!! :wub: Scarlet Heart was the sageuk drama I knew I'll die watching it but did it anyway for Lee Jun Ki (why did he have to take that drama?!! I'm happy for him for what the drama gave him as an actor but not happy for what happened to my poor little heart!!) and I'm planning in watching Ruler-Master Of The Mask though I can tell I'm going to cry an ocean thanks to Yoo Seung Ho!! ahhh :blink:

Off topic, but oh my gosh. I am so excited to see Yoo Seung Ho's drama...!!! He's such an excellent drama as well. I watched him in Remember the war of the son and he absolutely nailed that role and really broke my heart... That drama is extremely sad but simply amazing. Love how realistic that drama is. I'm looking forward to see him in his new saeguek drama. Man what is up with all of my favorite actors taking saeguek dramas? I personally love watching saeguek because it's so interesting to see how Korea was back in the Joseon, Goryeo or Silla dynasty :)

9 hours ago, gwkzz said:

I used to not like saegeuk dramas because I thought they were boring but oh boy was I wrong. I fell in love with saegueks and loving watching them so much now :love: For me it's just interesting to learn about Korean history and how it was back then. They bring that tone from modern day dramas as well and I like that

Archived