• Last Reply

awwwww I love this fan art!! :wub: 

cr: owner

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
Top 10 idol-actors in dramaland
by DB Staff | January 27, 2017 | 146 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/top-10-idol-actors-in-dramaland/

9. Park Hyung-shik

top10_parkhyungshik.jpgHeadsNo2: Maybe it says something that I didn’t know Park Hyung-shik was an idol until he showed up on this list—I’d pegged him for another rising young actor, working his way up from child (Nine), supporting (What’s With This Family), and now adult roles (High Society, Hwarang). High Society was where I took note of him, as he took to his privileged yet oh-so-tortured chaebol character like a duck to water. He took what could have been a cookie-cutter rich boy and turned him into someone constantly struggling with his inferiority complex, his chaebol family’s expectations, and his conflicted feelings toward his best friend and the girl he loved. He was able to portray both the warm and sweet side of the character, as well as the cold and calculating monster he could be, which isn’t too different from the conflicted character he’s portraying in the currently airing Hwarang. Perhaps it’s because he can play that fine line between two extremes so well that he’s in another role that requires him to hide his true nature, though when it shows, it shows. Watching him switch from looking pitifully in love to commanding the room with his presence certainly had me sitting up to listen, and wanting to see him in more sageuk—though maybe as the leading man next time.

We recommend: Nine, What’s With This Family, High Society, Hwarang

I'm one of those who thought he was a rising actor when I 1st saw him/heared of him in High Society only to realise he's actually an idol turned actor and I can say he's one of the best idol-actors for sure and he's awesome as the faceless King who's growing to earn his rightful place and become a great King and he's an actor to look forward to!! :thumbsup::wub: 

25 minutes ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Is phs acting nice there??? I liked him soo much in hwarang eventhough I started watching because of park seo joon I fell for him:flushed:

Coz I remember him as myung soo in heirs :D

Spoiler

I didn't watch that drama yet but saw many of his scenes and I loved him there and was shocked that he's actually an idol-actor and shocked more that he was that cute-funny kid with Kim Woo Bin in Heirs!! :lol: 

as for the drama from what I read people loved his part of the drama with his love interest more than the other main leads which wasn't that interesting for them (though I love Sung Joon-the main male lead)!! that drama had two love lignes with two OTPs!!

:wub:

cr: hwarang.gallery

:cold_sweat:

cr:  madu_starlight 

37 minutes ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Is phs acting nice there??? I liked him soo much in hwarang eventhough I started watching because of park seo joon I fell for him:flushed:

I only see some his clip cut in High Society. He's so good & super handsome too but i don't like his partner lol :rolleyes:

And PHS won Excellent Actor (miniseries) SBS Drama Awards 2015 for his role in this drama :wink: It's so great because he's actor idol right :wub:

This gif/scene reminds me his Myungsoo in The Heirs :D

source.gif

Happy Lunar New Year everyone :blush:

“Hwarang” To Combine First 12 Episodes Into A Lunar New Year Special

Hwarang

KBS is set to air a special edition of their Monday-Tuesday drama “Hwarang.”

KBS 2TV will be taking the first 12 episodes and condensing them into a 150-minute special that will be aired on January 30 at 12:35 p.m. KST.

This is seen as a strategy to bolster viewership ratings for episode 13, which will air at 10 p.m. KST on the same night.

With SBS’s “Romantic Doctor Kim” scoring ratings over 20 percent every episode, “Hwarang” was up against a strong contender from the start. However, the SBS drama ended on January 23, and “Hwarang” has begun to flourish, starting by breaking the 10 percent mark.

Park Hyung Sik Park Seo Jun

The staff stated, “Our upcoming ‘Lunar New Year Special, Binge-watch Hwarang’ program will combine the most important scenes from the first 12 episodes into one episode. Viewers who missed out on some of the episodes will be able to catch up in this 150-minute special that is sure to be fun and enjoyable.”

Why not join in and have a binge-watch session of “Hwarang” yourself?

read here: https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/27/hwarang-combine-first-12-episodes-lunar-new-year-special/

I'll be watching it for sure!! :w00t::wub: hope the rating will increase too!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

awwwww I love this fan art!! :wub: 

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS
Top 10 idol-actors in dramaland
by DB Staff | January 27, 2017 | 146 Comments

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/top-10-idol-actors-in-dramaland/

9. Park Hyung-shik

HeadsNo2: Maybe it says something that I didn’t know Park Hyung-shik was an idol until he showed up on this list—I’d pegged him for another rising young actor, working his way up from child (Nine), supporting (What’s With This Family), and now adult roles (High Society, Hwarang). High Society was where I took note of him, as he took to his privileged yet oh-so-tortured chaebol character like a duck to water. He took what could have been a cookie-cutter rich boy and turned him into someone constantly struggling with his inferiority complex, his chaebol family’s expectations, and his conflicted feelings toward his best friend and the girl he loved. He was able to portray both the warm and sweet side of the character, as well as the cold and calculating monster he could be, which isn’t too different from the conflicted character he’s portraying in the currently airing Hwarang. Perhaps it’s because he can play that fine line between two extremes so well that he’s in another role that requires him to hide his true nature, though when it shows, it shows. Watching him switch from looking pitifully in love to commanding the room with his presence certainly had me sitting up to listen, and wanting to see him in more sageuk—though maybe as the leading man next time.

We recommend: Nine, What’s With This Family, High Society, Hwarang

I'm one of those who thought he was a rising actor when I 1st saw him/heared of him in High Society only to realise he's actually an idol turned actor and I can say he's one of the best idol-actors for sure and he's awesome as the faceless King who's growing to earn his rightful place and become a great King and he's an actor to look forward to!! :thumbsup::wub: 

Yayyy!! Nice to see Park Hyung Sik on the list because he truly deserves it, he came so far :wub: I've seen many idol actors and I think it's safe to say Park Hyung Sik is one of the good idol actors~  I first discovered him in What Happens To My Family and immediately fell for him then I watched him in High Society, and he didn't fail with his acting, then Hwarang and he's doing an excellent job and finally he landed his first lead role with Park bo young :) I'm so proud of him for coming this far~

1 hour ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

Spoiler

Ahh High Society, the drama I enjoyed watching the second lead couple more then the first lead couples.,. Personally I enjoyed it and Park Hyung Sik's chemistry with Lim Ji Yeon is on fireee. PHS plays a rich chaebol that's a mommy boys so his personality may be frustrating at times in the drama, but oh boy you could just see how he feels about Lim Ji Yeon's character. They are an adorable couple. I think his acting is great, as usual, in this drama and there's one scene in the drama that just breaks your heart for his character. He really is immense in his character and personality. I say if you want to watch High Society because of Park Hyung Sik, go for it~

5 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

New BTS :wub:

Thanks for sharing!! I really wanted to see that bts because of their bromance :love:

5 hours ago, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong Chinggu :wink: Whoa now I am kinda worried what will happen next? I was kinda shouted when I watch the cliff hanger Sun Woo put his Sword on Jidwi and said is Jidwi the king ? Hope everything will be fine. Well I kinda like their bromance & friendship:

I am wondering the same thing....but I feel that Moo Myung won't kill SMJ, even though he is king. Their friendship has come this far and at this point they both like each other :wub: I hope Moo Myung won't be angry for too long and him and SMJ have a heartfelt talk and SMJ Stella him the truth~

9 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Try it, it's really good! I like the story and the side characters! Especially the first 10 episodes is too good, tee hee! :D

Hehe, I think I will try it :D It has Hwang Jung Eum and she was from KMHM as well!

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

Modern look vs Hwarang look!! :wub: 

Well...handsome men r always handsome...in any styling :wub:.. prefer PSJ maybe coz he's older and it shows among them :wink:

Wonder how will end scene between king&SW...i would prefer if they come to kind of agreement to deal with situation later rather then king deny his identity and SW to believe

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Well...handsome men r always handsome...in any styling :wub:.. prefer PSJ maybe coz he's older and it shows among them :wink:

Wonder how will end scene between king&SW...i would prefer if they come to kind of agreement to deal with situation later rather then king deny his identity and SW to believe

hi chingu!! long time no see, happy to see you here again!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh agree with you!! and I'm with you on Park Seo Joon!! :wub::wink: 

I can't see Sun Woo making any agreement actually!! all he can see right now is Mak Moon's last moments in his arms so it's either Maek Jong will deny who he really is (which I don't think he'll do) or Ah Ro or someone else break that moment between them (I'm more into this posibility) and he'll be forced to wait for his answer with the attack they'll be facing and the war they'll need to surpass at the moment!! 

found this!! cute!! :wub: 

cr: pwner

and I love this moment!! :wub: 

I want more and more of bromance moments!! :wub: 

56 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hi chingu!! long time no see, happy to see you here again!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh agree with you!! and I'm with you on Park Seo Joon!! :wub::wink: 

I can't see Sun Woo making any agreement actually!! all he can see right now is Mak Moon's last moments in his arms so it's either Maek Jong will deny who he really is (which I don't think he'll do) or Ah Ro or someone else break that moment between them (I'm more into this posibility) and he'll be forced to wait for his answer with the attack they'll be facing and the war they'll need to surpass at the moment!! 

Had  a busy last few days grrrrrr

I think will be hard for SW...was easy without a face to hate...but now when he knows king as a person...and i want SW to know he does not remember it right...it was coz of king but commandant killed AR's brother on queen's order not king's

Don't see SW as a patient man...unless he changes his mind...uhhhhh 2.5 more days

One thing i didn't like...from preview seemed OTP story will go back and forth...i would prefer if they have a steady course...hiding the truth from whom ever they have to but with clear and strong bond between them...hope AR won't start to cry on king's shoulder and SW to mess with princess

Think i have to count on BR and his girl for sweet scene next ep :wub:

1 hour ago, carmens said:

I just I liked him in ep 12

Minhooooooooooo SooHo-Rang beautiful

True :)...me to don't like his obsession with the queen...there r so many girls there...why she?...queen should of have love line with her commandant :angry:...she is his weak spot anyway

..and i prefer him without earrings :wink:

3 hours ago, zagigirl said:

I think Park seo Joon, park hyung sik, Choi min ho, do Ji Han, Kim tae hy-who am I kidding, they all look handsome in their modern vs Hwarang look :love:

Had  a busy last few days grrrrrr

I was wondering where you were at! Welcome back though :)

I think will be hard for SW...was easy without a face to hate...but now when he knows king as a person...and i want SW to know he does not remember it right...it was coz of king but commandant killed AR's brother on queen's order not king's

Don't see SW as a patient man...unless he changes his mind...uhhhhh 2.5 more days

One thing i didn't like...from preview seemed OTP story will go back and forth...i would prefer if they have a steady course...hiding the truth from whom ever they have to but with clear and strong bond between them...hope AR won't start to cry on king's shoulder and SW to mess with princess

Agreed, I don't think Moo Myung is going to forgive Sam Maek Jong immediately. I think he'll be mad at SMJ for awhile, but I hope they'll make up soon because their bromance is stealing the spotlight :love:

And yeah, seeing the preview it seems as though Moo Myung is ignoring Aro or something. I was thinking it could be because MM found out that Aro knew SMJ was king or somebody else brought up that he's angry at himself for not doing anything SMJ, since he thinks SMJ was the one that murdered Mak Moon....

22 minutes ago, ferily said:

Agreed, I don't think Moo Myung is going to forgive Sam Maek Jong immediately. I think he'll be mad at SMJ for awhile, but I hope they'll make up soon because their bromance is stealing the spotlight :love:

And yeah, seeing the preview it seems as though Moo Myung is ignoring Aro or something. I was thinking it could be because MM found out that Aro knew SMJ was king or somebody else brought up that he's angry at himself for not doing anything SMJ, since he thinks SMJ was the one that murdered Mak Moon....

Well he might be mad coz she didn't tell him about king...or at himself coz of mixed feelings twds taking revange after he finds out who king really is...or guilty coz of father...but if he wanted to stay away from AR he shouldn't of kiss her...he could of pretend he didn't hear her...would be more fair then giving her cold showers every now and then...i'm just afraid they might drag their love story till last ep :(

On 1/26/2017 at 9:21 AM, ferily said:

I hope none of the Hwarang die in the end :scream: That'll be such a shocking ending if one of the Hwarang did, but I can't imagine this drama having that type of vibe... It could be that they excluded Yeowool from that photo since he does comes out in the drama a little bit later since that photo is showing when the first episode airs.  Lets not assume things yet and wait :D

I don't think any of them will die either. I hope not toojcdragon_pray.gif This drama is from the Flowerboy people. None of those dramas had tragic endings. I don't think they will have that type of vibe.

Well he might be mad coz she didn't tell him about king...or at himself coz of mixed feelings twds taking revange after he finds out who king really is...or guilty coz of father...but if he wanted to stay away from AR he shouldn't of kiss her...he could of pretend he didn't hear her...would be more fair then giving her cold showers every now and then...i'm just afraid they might drag their love story till last ep :(

Yes, I was thinking he's mad at her for not telling him as well :) I hope the whole avoiding her doesn't drag on for long though....

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I don't think any of them will die either. I hope not toojcdragon_pray.gif This drama is from the Flowerboy people. None of those dramas had tragic endings. I don't think they will have that type of vibe.

Yep!! I was thinking the exact same thing. Hwarang doesn't have that type of vibe, who knows? The drama can surprise us haha. I really hope there aren't any deaths though....it's always the good people that die in dramas :(

On 1/26/2017 at 8:08 PM, furu.vu217 said:

Just go Tumblr and i find this interesting post. This is so detailed & I want to share you :rolleyes:

dreamingsnowflake2013 is one of my favorite blogs.:heart: Hwarang and Parl Hung Sik's new drama have been the subject of many of the posts. I'm happy you have found it.

22 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

About one of the hwarang who didnt make it, i am guessing suho cos he s in love with someone he cannot have and probably sacrifice himself to save ban ryu sos his sister can have happy ending? He s always  so care toward his sister.

scream.png They can't kill Su Ho. If have to watch my Minho die I would be scarred for life. The thought is enough to give me nightmares!

@pangia Thank you for the MV:wub:

10 hours ago, athena22 said:

How is high society ?

I first watched him in

Spoiler

Nine Times Time Travel, he had small part in it as the lead's younger self and he was great. My sister and I were watching it at the same time, we both were gushing over his performance in it. I was so surprised to find out out he was an idol. I liked in him What's Happening w/My Family too. I started to watch High Society but didn't get past the first few eps because I  got obsessed w/another drama.  I do want to check it out again just to watch him.

@sakura2016 I love the Modern look vs the Hwarang look love.png

Archived