[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

look at the poster the first time i was thinking, there are only men in this movie? i have to look again to see there is actually a girl there. they are flower boys but i hope there are some pretty girls in there too.

after moon lovers, i really hope this one has better storyline and editing. any info on the previous works of directors and writers?

the timing of this isnt too good, after two moon sageuk, a bit sageuk overkill and compete against the legend of the blue sea?

(a bit off topic, is it still controversy in korea to make men-men love movie? they starts doing it in china, quite a few already)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching Moon Lovers, I noticed that this includes my favorite actors and is also historical filled with warriors. God, I think I have something major for sageuk dramas. November is going to fly by fast, but I worry that I will torture myself yet again watching and waiting for Mondays and Tuesdays, instead of waiting for it to be finished.

16 hours ago, daynci said:

look at the poster the first time i was thinking, there are only men in this movie? i have to look again to see there is actually a girl there. they are flower boys but i hope there are some pretty girls in there too.

after moon lovers, i really hope this one has better storyline and editing. any info on the previous works of directors and writers?

the timing of this isnt too good, after two moon sageuk, a bit sageuk overkill and compete against the legend of the blue sea?

(a bit off topic, is it still controversy in korea to make men-men love movie? they starts doing it in china, quite a few already)

Hwarang will not be competing against Legend of the Blue Sea. Hwarang is on Monday& Tuesday and Legend is on Wednesday and Thursday. 

I think I'm going to mark this thread since after watching the whole Moonlight Drawn by Clouds and Moon Lovers, I feel devastated and having some serious withdrawals like,"Now...what?" Ahahhaa... The casts sounds promising, and I'm a long time fan of Go Ara, so I hope this would be good. I'm also lowkey hoping this would be my new obsession, ahahaha...I'm just wishing nobody dies brutally in the drama...

Also, I found this video, I think it's their poster photoshoot BTS? Their hair looked fabulous, woooow! I can't understand much about their little interviews other than "Please wait and give much love to Hwarang, hwaiting!" though.

[instiz] DRAMA "HWARANG:THE BEGINNING" REVEALS ITS OFFICIAL POSTER
Posted on 7:14 AM by kei z

0d50bd97a05d038a92336b4e978bced3.jpg
48b8d298f8dbe2485f440d9f21a34df0.png

Cast: Park Seojoon, Park Hyungsik, Go Ara, Choi Minho, Do Jihan

post response: +43
original post: here

1. Wow... Sageuk are the biggest trend lately

2. Wow daebak... How can all of them be prettier than the girlㅠㅠ

3. Taehyun-ah ogu oguㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. ㅎ...Why do I find this so hilarious looking... Am I the only one who laughed?
>Me too I laughedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. Only Do Jihan and Minho survived with their haircuts, what's up with those frustrating bangs?

6. I'm waiting for the dark version

7. Wow Minho is so handsome... Why does Taetae look like a babyㅠㅠㅠ

8. What's wrong with the hair... Are Hwarang hairstyles that long??

9. Hehe Taehyung-ahㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Everyone are so pretty

10. Is this a Chinese adaptation too?

source: pann-choa

Fact 1: I can never finish a sageuk.

Fact 2: I'm gonna try again. 

All of them are so pretty~ Go Ara is breathtaking. :wub: Minho might be prettier though. :P That poster with all the boys really made me worried, but the individual ones are awesome. More kdramas are being pre-produced now; I wonder if it'll feel weird seeing all the sunshine during December lol (where I'm from, anyways). 

ONE MORE ARTICLE

New Drama “HWARANG: The Beginning” dropped it’s new teaser poster

Spoiler

hwarang-character-stills

After wrapping up the new series filming back in September 2016, the cast of “Hwarang: The Beginning” dropped individual shots of the each actor and released description for each members role in the drama with their own individual poster shot.

November 1, 2016, KBS2 new drama series “Hwarang: The Beginning” drops their new teaser poster featuring Park Seo Joon, ZE:A Park Hyung Sik, SHINee’s Minho, BTS’s V (Kim Taehyung), Do Ji Han, and Jo Yoon Han.

Spoiler

KBS2 new television series, “Hwarang: The Beginning” also known as “Flower Knights: The Beginning” will be airing on December 19, 2016. The drama is starring Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, Park Hung-Sik, and SHINee’s Minho as the leading roles. Following along with other cast members BTS’s V, Seo Ye-Ji, Kim Ji-soo and many more.

Hwarang: The Beginning” is a youth romance and coming of age story which is set in Silla Dynasty. This new series revolves around a group of young men, perhaps the youth who grows love and passion with the capital of the Kingdom of Silla, Seorabeol from 1500 years ago.

This new series will have 20 episodes and will be aired every Monday’s and Tuesday’s at  22:00 KST (9 KST!) on KBS2.

Are you excited for this new upcoming series?

Hwarang: The Beginning' shares behind photos of Hyungsik looking fine in uniform

Hyungsik

KBS2's new historical youth drama 'Hwarang: The Beginning' has released some eye candy behind cuts of ZE:A's Hyungsik!

The behind photos show Hyungsik all dressed up in his 'Hwarang' uniforms for his poster shoot, pulling off long, luscious hair, blue and red robes, and even wielding an unsheathed sword like a boss. Hyungsik's co-stars Park Seo Joon and Go Ara also make an appearance in some of the photos below!

The story of the Silla dynasty's 'Hwarang's, or "flower knights" who studied liberal arts, culture, religion, and more together, begins this coming December 19!

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658535_1.gif

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658535_1.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658536_2.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658536_3.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658537_4.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658537_5.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658538_6.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658538_7.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658538_8.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658539_9.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658539_10.jpg

Spoiler

Hyungsik_1478658540_11.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/hwarang-the-beginning-shares-behind-photos-of-hyungsik-looking-fine-in-uniform

they are looking fine i agree...

On 09/11/2016 at 2:42 PM, andy78 said:

Hwarang: The Beginning' shares behind photos of Hyungsik looking fine in uniform

KBS2's new historical youth drama 'Hwarang: The Beginning' has released some eye candy behind cuts of ZE:A's Hyungsik!

The behind photos show Hyungsik all dressed up in his 'Hwarang' uniforms for his poster shoot, pulling off long, luscious hair, blue and red robes, and even wielding an unsheathed sword like a boss. Hyungsik's co-stars Park Seo Joon and Go Ara also make an appearance in some of the photos below!

The story of the Silla dynasty's 'Hwarang's, or "flower knights" who studied liberal arts, culture, religion, and more together, begins this coming December 19!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/hwarang-the-beginning-shares-behind-photos-of-hyungsik-looking-fine-in-uniform

they are looking fine i agree...

Beautiful Hyung shik~~ :heart:

On 14/11/2016 at 4:54 AM, shiraru said:

Yay~ the poster shooting BTS plus the cast little interview is finally subbed by KBS~!

Finally some teasers!! :D

Archived