[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Do Ji Han Joins Flower Boy Cast Of 'Hwarang'

Do Ji Han

The ranks of the Hwarang or "flower boy knights" are filling up and it's expected to be a pretty sight. The cast of "Flower Knights: The Beginning" aka 'Hwarang: The Beginning" has lined up several attractive actors and idols to play members of the elite group.

The cast includes Park Seo Joon, SHINee's Choi Min Ho, BTS member V and Z:EA's Park Hyung Sik. The latest cast member is actor Do Ji Han, who appeared in the drama "Incarnation of Money" and the films "The Tower" and  "Beauty Inside." He can soon be seen in the film "Musdan."

Do Ji Han will play one of the most powerful men in the ancient Korean kingdom of Silla. He's smart, handsome and proud. And he falls in love with his rival's sister. As in "Romeo and Juliet," theirs is a love doomed by bitter rivalries.

READ MORE HERE http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/113916/20160224/do-ji-han-joins-flower-boy-cast-of-hwarang.htm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Kwang Soo Will Be a Special Cameo in ‘Hwarang: The Beginning’

icb2s0t9jx6p7pr78adqt8lcupij9u6h.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn] Lee Kwang Soo will make a special appearance in KBS drama ‘Hwarang: The Beginning’.

On February 24, his agency King Kong Entertainment said, “Lee Kwang Soo will greet to the audiences as he shows up in ‘Hwarang: The Beginning’. He will appear in the beginning of the drama” and announced such news.

In the drama, Lee Kwang Soo will be the role of Mak Moon who is best friend of Moo Myung (Park Seo Joon). Mak Moon is a broad-minded and righteous guy in it. He lost his mom when he was young and wanders around the country with a hope to find his dad. Moreover, he is an important character that made Moo Myung decide to become a Hwarang.

‘Hwarang: The Beginning’ is a historical drama depicting Hwarang (Shilla’s knights)’s passion, love and growth. Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Shik, Go Ah Ra and others feature in it and its publicity right was sold to Chinese media group LETV.

Meanwhile, ‘Hwarang: The Beginning’ will air in the second half of 2016. (photo by King Kong Entertainment)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=28941

Lee Kwang-soo lines up guest appearance for Hwarang: The Beginning

leekwangsoo_42.jpgleekwangsoo_42a.jpg

Do you get the sense that the production must have suddenly jumped into action on youthful sageuk Hwarang: The Beginning, based on the slew of casting notices that are coming out? The drama did secure its main cast with Park Seo-joon, Go Ara, and Park Hyung-shik all signing on late last year, but we’ve had a few new new additions this week: Minho and Do Ji-han were cast to play two more of the pretty-boy Hwarang fighters, and now Lee Kwang-soo (It’s Okay, It’s Love) has also been announced for a guest spot.

It’s not a recurring role, but he’s described as having “huge impact” as a character, which makes it weighter than a drive-by cameo. (Ack, does he DIE?)

He’s described as a fierce friend to our hero (Park Seo-joon), a loyal, generous man who’d risk his life for his best friend. His character lost his mother at a young age and wandered around clinging to the hope that he could find his father somewhere; he also plays an important role in getting the hero, who’s low-born, his big chance to become an elite Hwarang warrior.

(No really, are you going to cast him and KILL HIM? Sorry, my paranoia meter just shot up. You rarely cast beloved friends in sageuks for only a few episodes if they’re not going to die and propel the hero on to important things!)

In any case, I do love Kwang-soo’s energy and goofy charm, and can totally see him being Park Seo-joon’s loyal and bromancey buddy. I wouldn’t mind if he stuck around, but he’s busy with multiple projects, and has no less than three guest roles lined up: There’s Dear My Friends, which he’ll film out of loyalty to his It’s Okay, It’s Love writer, and also the premiere episode of Descended From the Sun, which aired today, which he did as a favor to his BFF Song Joong-ki.

Hwarang: The Beginning will air later this year on KBS.

Via MBN

Dramabeans

Asian prince Lee Gwang-Soo, special appearance on drama 'Hwarang'

17010_1.jpg

Asian prince Lee Gwang-Soo is going to appear on drama 'Hwarang : The Beginning.'

Spokesman of KBS 'Hwarang' said, "Lee Gwang-Soo is making a special appearance on KBS 2TV new drama 'Hwarang: The Beginning'."

Meantime, KBS2 'Hwarang: The Beginning' is an issue as Park Seo-Joon, Go Ara, Park Hyeong-Sik and Choi Min-Ho appear on. 'Hwarang' is the first drama about Shilla's Hwarang. [Photo=Lee Gwang-Soo Instagram]

source: innolife

Kim_Ji-Su-p02.jpg

005VA0I6jw1f1escd2e8dj30p00gomyh.jpg

Although we do not have the official news, pretty certain Kim Ji Soo is participating in this drama too. She is most probably King Jinheung 's (Park Hyung Sik) mother. 

All the cast from Hwarang sign their autographs on the book. Not going to paste all the autographs, those who are interested, can go to the link below.

http://blog.naver.com/judytalk/220639899395

Wow, all the casts are so handsome and pretty. 

BTS's V Practices Horseback Riding for Debut Historical Drama

bts-v.png

BTS member V is preparing for his acting debut in a historical drama by practicing horseback riding!

On February 29, a video was uploaded to the official BTS Twitter of V at an equestrian center, taking a horse on a lap around an enclosure as his teacher follows behind. The caption to the video includes the message “Fighting,” with a hashtag that says, “Hwarang: The Beginning.”

V will be making his acting debut in the KBS 2TV historical drama “Hwarang: The Beginning” under his real name Kim Taehyung. The drama tells the story of an elite group of male youth during the Silla dynasty, who were known as the Hwarang, or the “Flowering Knights.”

“Hwarang: The Beginning” also stars Park Seo JoonGo AraZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik, and SHINee’s Choi Minho, and is expected to air in the second half of this year.

source: soompi

I guess this news has not been posted before..

Photo of flower boy historical drama Hwarang’s first script reading shows Park Seo Joon, SHINee’s Minho, BTS’ V, and more

3068b33f-bd2d-48ce-92a2-f9e4e65dddd8.jpg

On February 23, SHINee’s Choi Minho joined the cast for KBS’ highly anticipated flower boy historical drama Hwarang. Soon after, it was confirmed that BTS’ V also joined the cast and Lee Kwang Soo will be making a special apearance, with the addition of their names on the drama’s official cast list on Naver. It hasn’t been 24 hours yet since the whirlwind of news was released of the additional cast members, and a photo of the first script reading has unofficially been made public.

A staff member of Hwarang’s production team shared the photo on his Instagram account on February 24. He hashtagged the series and the name of the actors seen in the photo: Park Seo JoonPark HyungsikGo Ah Ra, Lee Kwang Soo, Choi Minho, Do Ji Han, and V. Unsurprisingly, the picture quickly circulated online.

The photo may have been shared impulsively, as since this morning, the original poster’s Instagram account went private.

cbad5dcf-82d9-4e74-935e-10ea94133f81.jpg

What do you think of the exciting lineup?

source: dramafever

The casts are all good looking, young and tall. K-netizens hate dramas with idols so I was surprised the production company casts so many idols. However, knowing the production company is Oh! Boy Project, it is really not too surprising.

For most of them, this will be their first sageuk drama. It is never easy to act, and even harder to act in sageuk. I just hope all of them will perform well. 

1) Park Seo Joon ( Actor ) 1988, 185 cm

2) Park Hyung Sik (Idol/ZE:A) 1991, 183cm

3) Choi Min-ho (Idol/SHINee) 1991, 181cm

4) Do Ji han( Actor) 1991, 180cm

5) Kim Taehyung(Idol/BTS) 1995, 178cm

6) Lee kwang soo (Actor) - Guest Appearance 1985, 190cm

New additional casts : 

005VA0I6gw1f1blix1unjj30fa0kdtcg.jpg

7) Jin ju hyung (actor) 1994, 185cm

005VA0I6gw1f1iaj30mt7j30i20cdmy0.jpg

8) OOON (Idol/Halo) 1993, 180 cm

this drama have so many good looking guy. how is the pd going to find all the lady that will pair with them? i just hope the writer will have go ara fall for PSJ/PHS. or a one side love from PHS. as long as he dont trun evil i ok.

On 3/5/2016 at 2:12 PM, DreamCatcher2011 said:

@sandra_8 everyone is so tall. Even the lead actress, Go Ara is 170 cm.

Does anyone know who will become the second lead actress? I mean we only heard about the male casts not the female. 

Yes. All of them are so tall and handsome/pretty. 

So far no news of second lead actress. Not sure if there is any. Hopefully there will be one. 

HWARANG 화랑 花郎

hwarang.jpg

Hwarang from the drama ' Queen Seon Duk '

The organization known as Hwarang was an all-purpose training center of an aristocratic group of young men in Silla, an ancient Korean kingdom that lasted until the 10th century. It was the leading training ground for future military leaders, a place of religious affairs that also taught its members to play musical instruments or paint.

At times of a political or military crisis, members of Hwarang would gather their opinion and present it to the authorities. The king and his council deemed their opinion as weighty and influential.

Some interesting info about Hwarang:

"Nang-cheon-jae" is a Hwarang Festival that celebrates the establishment of Hwarang as an important axis of Silla kingdom's power.
"Nang-jang-gyeol-ui " is a Hwarang tradition of applying heavy make-up on the faces of these warriors in order to symbolize their determination that overcomes even death.

Hwarang-II.jpg

Spoiler

hwarang.jpg

http://twssg.blogspot.com/2010/03/queen-seon-deok-scriptwriter-kim-young.html

Archived