[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

DRAMA REACTIONS & REVIEWS

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff | December 31, 2016 | 38 Comments

javabeans

Hwarang: My dad (fan of the faithful traditional sageuk, the boringer the better) told me he was looking forward to Hwarang for the historical accuracy, and it was Christmas so I didn’t burst his bubble. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to the goofy Hwarang antics now that they’re all assembled (more or less)—although, doesn’t the drama seem more like something out of a feel-good high school football movie than a historical warrior drama? You know, the kind of story where a talented boy from the wrong side of the tracks clashes with the uppity boys on the elite prep school team, and rivalries and bromance ensue as he leads the team in winning the championship? With swords!

girlfriday

Hwarang: I burst out laughing when Park Seo-joon took that football and ran towards the wrong goal like a fool. This show is silly, but I’m entertained and I’m connecting with the three leads, so I plan to keep watching. I wasn’t expecting for Go Ara and Park Seo-joon to be faux siblings, but the setup works okay, and the friendship with Lee Kwang-soo goes a long way in establishing the hero’s motivation for pretty much everything. I’m eager for Hwarang training to begin though, because I find it amusing that the hero might be popular against his will.

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-32/

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Our Main Hwarang Knights attended KBS Award ceremonie to present mini series award!! :love: 

They were so cute :wub::wub:

Miss them...when will monday come???...keep mixing in my head...song Dream and our lead's voice from preview :wub:

9 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

They were so cute :wub::wub:

Miss them...when will monday come???...keep mixing in my head...song Dream and our lead's voice from preview :wub:

yes they are!! :wub: Hwarang Couple!! hhhhhhhhhhh

원본 이미지

cr: naver

I'm waiting for monday too!! good thing we're one day from the new episode!! palli palli!! :w00t: 

New Stills For Episode 5!! :w00t::o 

원본 이미지

원본 이미지

원본 이미지

원본 이미지

ct: Naver

OMO this scene was actually of them captured with Ah Ro?!! I thought it was kind of their panishemenet for having a fight after joining Hwarang!! :o how will they get out of there?!! :o tell me you're thinking of a plan Sam Maek Jong!! Ne!! 

Seo Joon and Hyungsik were so cute yesterday. They want the Best Couple Award in 2017.

The mic stand for Seo Joon did not raise up so he had no choice but to stand that way. I guess Hyungsik upon seeing his hyung standing that way also adjusted his pose. Best Couple indeed. Haha 

201701010131140510_1.jpg?type=w1

C1BFuq1VIAErbgh.jpg

4 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Seo Joon and Hyungsik were so cute yesterday. They want the Best Couple Award in 2017.

The mic stand for Seo Joon did not raise up so he had no choice but to stand that way. I guess Hyungsik upon seeing his hyung standing that way also adjusted his pose. Best Couple indeed. Haha 

hhhhhhhhhhhh so that's why they stood like that!! :lol: being tall has its advantage and disadvantage Park Seo Joon-ie!! :lol: and Park Hyung Shik is so sweet to do thae same with his hyung!! hihihi

I was laughing hard when Park Seo Joon slided his arm across Park Hyung Sik's hoping for Best Couple 2017!! :lol: 

cr: owner

2 hours ago, bxcky said:

thanks so much for starting this thread!!

i'm such a big fan of a lot of the actors in the drama,

can't wait to see how the drama maps out, the first few episodes already have me hooked <3

happy you're enjoying the drama like we do and joining us here!! :D 

cr: soompi

12 minutes ago, naritul said:

Hiiiii

Just wanna stop by... i just started watch ep 1...  i enjoyed ep 1, i am going to watch nex episodes...

I see familiar names hereeee....

See you later chingus...

hi chingu!! happy to see you here and know you started this drama and enjoying it so far!! I love this drama alot!! :D I'll be waiting for you to share what you think about it after finishing the episodes you missed!! :D 

cr:  igot7.jacksonwang852

cr: owner

hhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm really lucky!! I always get who I love in quizes!! I got Lee Jong Ki, Gong Yoo and Now Park Seo Joon/Mong Yoo!! :w00t: can I be any luckier?!! :blush: 

you can try it here: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/pop-quiz-which-hwarang-is-your-soulmate

Pop Quiz: Which 'Hwarang' is your soulmate?

Pop Quiz: Which 'Hwarang' is your soulmate?

Moo Myung

misc_1483043831_e_parkseojoon.jpg
Your soulmate is none other than the rough and protective Moo Myung! He will always keep you by his side, making sure that he can defend you from whatever comes your way. Although he's not good at expressing himself and opening up at first, once he does, he will be the loyalest and most trustworthy friend you ever have! Lucky you!

One of the best dramas for it's entertainment value!! Swashbuckling, swordfighting, romance, politics it has it all but what makes it so entertaining are the antics of the all the characters themselves. Marathoned the 4 episodes and kept my curiosity stronger with each episode. What is going to happen next? 

Good Morning and Happy New Year! I got Sam Maek crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif 

Sam Maek

misc_1483043839_e_hyungsik.jpg
@
Your soulmate is none other than the chic and cool Sam Maek, the King! Although he seems uncertain of himself and seems to be on a meandering path, there's a fire brewing on the inside. He's more strong-willed than he seems! But he's also gentle. His sweet caresses and loving gazes will melt you into a puddle, and he will always be faithful to you.

Is it Monday yet? I can't wait to see how they get away from scar face and become Hwarang. I misssed the KBS awards  yesterday:blink: I was on a misson watching the SBS awards. I'm sad I missed the Park bros, @sakura2016 thanks for posting the clip of them. They both looked handsome, I hope they win best couple next year.

@naritul @bxcky@zenya22crazy-monkey-emoticon-076.gifI'm glad your joining us! 

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

One of the best dramas for it's entertainment value!! Swashbuckling, swordfighting, romance, politics it has it all but what makes it so entertaining are the antics of the all the characters themselves. Marathoned the 4 episodes and kept my curiosity stronger with each episode. What is going to happen next? 

hi!! happy you're loving the drama like we do and happy you joined us sharing your excitement for the drama with us here!! :D 

2 hours ago, evie7 said:

Good Morning and Happy New Year! I got Sam Maek crazy-monkey-emoticon-169.gif 

Sam Maek

@
Your soulmate is none other than the chic and cool Sam Maek, the King! Although he seems uncertain of himself and seems to be on a meandering path, there's a fire brewing on the inside. He's more strong-willed than he seems! But he's also gentle. His sweet caresses and loving gazes will melt you into a puddle, and he will always be faithful to you.

Is it Monday yet? I can't wait to see how they get away from scar face and become Hwarang. I misssed the KBS awards  yesterday:blink: I was on a misson watching the SBS awards. I'm sad I missed the Park bros, @sakura2016 thanks for posting the clip of them. They both looked handsome, I hope they win best couple next year.

@naritul @bxcky@zenya22crazy-monkey-emoticon-076.gifI'm glad your joining us! 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh you're lucky like me chingu, you got your wish!! :P;)

you're most welcome chingu!! I actually forgot about the awards watching Goblin :P but I realised it by chance seeing one video of Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Shik in KBS awards to my surprise then I realised that SBS awards was heald at the same time!! and I ended up checking on both awards' winners for my actors and I was happy for them but my head ended up spinning!! :blink: hhhhhhhhhhhh and yes I hope they would and I think they have a high chance to as Park Seo Joon has already won a Best Couple Award with Ji Sung in the past!! :lol: 

cr:  hwarangthebeginning_official

the princess with Moo Myung/Sun Woo!! :o will she appear when they'll become a real Hwarang knights?!! 

14 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

New Stills For Episode 5!! :w00t::o 

OMO this scene was actually of them captured with Ah Ro?!! I thought it was kind of their panishemenet for having a fight after joining Hwarang!! :o how will they get out of there?!! :o tell me you're thinking of a plan Sam Maek Jong!! Ne!! 

Poor our guys...i mean our girl...bad guy got our girl to get MM...CP was caught for being busybody...whether is one or the other she gets in trouble...good for them both r so handsome :wink:

IDK how will they get out of that trap but i would like to see AR to run to MM's arms when they do :wub:

26 minutes ago, shiraru said:

Still cuts for episode 5~

Lots of Suho...I wonder why...will the episode focus on Suho this time?

thank you for the stills chingu!! :wub: I could only see Soo Ho, Yeo Wool and Moo Myung on the same ligne but couldn't see our other 3 Hwarangs in the still, maybe they were in the other side!! 

I don't know but I think that the focus will always be on Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong with addition of one of the other Hwarangs to know more about them like we saw with Ban Ryu's backstory the last episode!! but for sure the BROMANCE and bickering will start from NOW!! can't wait!! :w00t: 

27 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Poor our guys...i mean our girl...bad guy got our girl to get MM...CP was caught for being busybody...whether is one or the other she gets in trouble...good for them both r so handsome :wink:

IDK how will they get out of that trap but i would like to see AR to run to MM's arms when they do :wub:

hhhhhhh yes poor girl!! she can't look at their pretty faces while trapped!! :lol: one thing for sure being around Moo Myung will bring them to adventures, his life is full of them so they must be prepared and it's a good thing for Sam Maek Jong to see the other side of life for real!! 

why am I swooning only by reading the words?!! I WANT THAT!! :P:blush: 

more stills for episode 5!! :w00t: 

the day of the acceptence of the Hwarang knights!! :wub: 

_QJ_0772.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00286.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_3075.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_0828.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC09961.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_3025.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_3046.jpg?type=w1200

what did they gave him to drink?!! alcohol?!! :lol: 

Spoiler

DSC07448.jpg?type=w1200

he must be happy with his new outfit!! hhhhhhhhhhh

now back to our Hwarang knights!! ;):P

DSC07722.jpg?type=w1200

DSC07473.jpg?type=w1200

DSC07561.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_0998.jpg?type=w1200

DSC07503.jpg?type=w1200

Han Sung and Moo Myung are hillarious looking drunk!! :lol: 

cr: MyLove KBS

more stills of episode 5!! :w00t: let the Bromance and bickering begin!! :w00t::wub: 

Spoiler

DSC00370.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00418.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00407.jpg?type=w1200

poor cutie!! :lol: you can't sleep as you please here my little boy!! hhhhhhhhh

_QJ_8570.jpg?type=w1200

the bickering is starting!! :lol: 

wait those are Ban Ryu's men!! :o will we have a fight?! :o:P 

DSC09430.jpg?type=w1200

cr: MyLoveKBS

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh the look on Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong can't be more telling!! :lol: Moo Myung is fine with all this as he never lived a great or luxirious life to begin with but what will our King in disguise do?!! :lol: let your competitivity push your spirit my King!! :lol: and what will Soo Ho, Ban Ryu, Yeo Wool and Han Sung (and the rest) will do?!! they are official's sons and they were never close to this kind of a life, they were always served and lived in clean places!! OH MY, this is gonna be HILLARIOUS!!  :lol: 

OH OW!! Hwarang's 1st fight (between each other)!! :o did it start with Ban Ryu provoking Moo Myung?!! the look on Sam Maek Jong's face!! :o he didn't like what's been said apparently and the rest of them hwarang trainees aren't really agreeing with it too!! 

DSC09444.jpg?type=w1200

DSC01832.jpg?type=w1200

DSC01935.jpg?type=w1200

DSC02255.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC09936.jpg?type=w1200

_QJ_7851.jpg?type=w1200

cr: MyLoveKBS

10 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

OH OW!! Hwarang's 1st fight (between each other)!! :o did it start with Ban Ryu provoking Moo Myung?!! the look on Sam Maek Jong's face!! :o he didn't like what's been said apparently and the rest of them hwarang trainees aren't really agreeing with it too!! 

My feels on roller coaster ... seriously ... its tooo much :wub::sweatingbullets:

Archived