Go Kyung Pyo ❤ Ryu Hye Young| Sunwoo ❤ Bora NOONA COUPLE| Reply 1988

GreenTeandSASHIMI

@kentangbakar hahaha like I said, PDs' fault :))) Everytime I re-watch Rep94 and Rep88, I always found problems in the main female characters connection. In Rep88, we know BR and DS are sisters, they're born to love each other by their own way but that wasnt enough to erase the distance btw the 2.

I think they aimed to portrait 2 opposite sisters. DS was naive while BR was rough. But the difference between them was shown in all unfair occasions. First, it's about how unfair the parents treated them. Mostly, viewers just saw how it was unfair to DS (and they blamed BR, not the parents). It tooks a few episodes to show BR suffered from that too (but not much viewers saw it). But it's atually unfair for BR since ep 4-5. DS joined the tutor class and went to studyroom all because of SW. Certainly why BR had to tutor a sister who refused to learn with her and then handled another 12-grade student whom teachers already gave up? Including JH and SW, the 4 were in different levels. She had a protest to work on too. Clearly, mission impossible. But she did all, then got all the blame and complains, from her dad, siblings and ajjumas next door... and even audiences. 

The contradict develop continued in ep 8. BR was betrayed by her bf and bff but no one knew that. She cried alone. Meanwhiles DS fought with NE's gf like a way to prove her love to her brother then the two just cried calling mom. So, BR kept acting like an adult being responsible for everything but DS and NE were still like children need protection.

Some said BR's bad behave was washed out so soon (after SW confession, warm-heart BR was shown). Same with DS's confusion abt boys and future job... Well, both boy and job were rushly deciced then :)))

Rep88 failed to keep DS in the center of the the main story from ep5. You can count her appearance in this episode. Since then, DS was just around her husband hunting but it was not even adequate. It's really weird when she didnt sense anything about her mom's illness or then Taek's accident rumors. 

PS: In ep5, mom protecting BR under the rain was so touching. But look at it in another way, mom was the one unintentionally pushed her daughter into jail. Love is blind, maybe. But mom's blind love melts her daughter's heart :)))

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, valNK said:

Mostly, viewers just saw how it was unfair to DS. It tooks a few episodes to show BR suffered from that too (but not much viewers saw it).

this remind me about Bora protest activities vs Deoksun did not study.

People all blame why she still go to protest after got caught by her parents. Isnt it like Deoksun did not study when her parents repeatedly remind her about her exams. But no one blame Deoksun for not study at that time before she goes to study room. T_T. 

ajjumas next door

to be true, I did not like Sunwoo mom when she keep comparing Bora with Deoksun. She always said she prefer Deoksun over Bora since Bora did not have aegyoo and too rough. T_T.

I really HATE when parents comparing the children. Every children have their own strong n weak points. It parents responsibilities to detect it and nurture it. You can compare but put it in different good way. Like point of advice. How dong il dad said to deoksun n noeul. "You two look at your sister, Bora, look at how she study on her own, she make to Seoul University." in pleasant tone. 

Taek's accident rumors.

that happen when she not at the house, i think she go to meet her friends. 

35 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

that happen when she not at the house, i think she go to meet her friends. 

That's why I told you they cant connect DS to the big scenario. When the whole neighborhood rushing to Taek's house, DS and JH weren't here. I mean if they were here, they cant contribute to anything, because the main points of Taek's accident is about Taek-to his father, SW-to-Mr Choi and BR to concluse about the father. The writer should have made DS has a role in that scene from the beginning, so maybe the how Taek was to DS can be described sooner and clearer or at least, DS wasnt left behind the family theme.

35 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

this remind me about Bora protest activities vs Deoksun did not study.

People all blame why she still go to protest after got caught by her parents. Isnt it like Deoksun did not study when her parents repeatedly remind her about her exams. But no one blame Deoksun for not study at that time before she goes to study room. T_T. 

Yes, This was the most unfair and bad-writing occasion in Rep88. It was like wasting time and money in the studyroom dreaming about love is better than worrying the parents because of fighting for democracy.

But if they omitted all DS scenes in the studyroom, she wouldnt have much airing time then :))) They cant make DS suddenly study hard also =))))

haha, that's also why ep5 is remarkable for me. Respect for BR and disappoitment for DS TT_TT

21 hours ago, valNK said:

It was like wasting time and money in the studyroom dreaming about love is better than worrying the parents because of fighting for democracy.

YES!!!

I think writing on Bora school life also better. We can see how Bora in various expect. She is indeed perfect student and live her life as university student to the fullest.

Perfect score, playing sport, and involve in student activities--protest--. This is what student learn in university, life experience. Ask anyone who go to university, if they did not go to demonstrations or protesting, at least they know something call "fight for your right" even to faculty level (small scale) or open speech. And she also have love life too (the-ex). Take part time job.

While Sunwoo student life. Perfect student. Student council member. Playing sport. Breaking school laws (hahahaha..good boy). Play with his friends and jinjoo after school. Study at night while watching over Bora. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30th june 2016...

RHY go to 2016 Netflix Night Party ( 2016 넷플릭스 나이트파티 )

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...she look soooooo lovely.... I LOVE THE DRESS!!!!

credit as per tag

cms_temp_article_30192807295301.jpg62821_82730_1015.jpg1676348-01.jpg2016063019212722600.jpeg2016063019210792400.jpeg1676266-01.jpg123198_1.jpg

p/s: that band on her right hans remind me of GKP band during YOF. Hehehehe

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen some new Reply 1988 photos from DC. Dont know where they're from or for. There're mostly still cut for DS and the OT5, I havent seen any of Bora and Sunbora yet.

XxAvdCg.png

6fgM9Zv.jpg

Cre: DC

Hey, in order to test my Korean improvement, I tried to do some translate for the interview. It's may not exact, but you can get the main idea :D 

One of the main character in Reply 1988, a member of the alley’s group of 5, SW – played by GKP.
"In fact I went to Reply1994 audition, but that time, I cant speak satori, so I failed. This time, the director watched a scene that I was calling my mother in a movie. He thought that I matched with SW image and called me again to the audition casting for SW.”

(seems that he talked abt this one DC)

SW was a gentle and brilliant top-student from a fatherless family. He was described like a son of mother’s friend.

"Actually, now or in the past, I never be a son of mother’s friend. I wasn’t specially good at study or sport. I left home and began living alone since 20 yrs old, so I think I somehow desolated my parents. Now I call home everyday if possible, and it’s showing affection.”

In the drama, open up about dating with childhood friend’s sister, Bora.

"Although BR appears so hateful and rough, she’s actually attractive with her delicate caring. She and the affable Sun Woo maybe so contradicted at first, but they are the same type.Both are independent and devoted to whom they loved. For these two reliable persons, they only have each other to lean on. Watching the way these two support each other really warms the heart."

The most impressive scene?
“To me, it’s the scene SW brings umbrella to BR who has to hear tough words from her bf .
SW has so many scenes in the rain. This was the director’s aim. And the ending with BR is a memorable scene too. I can’t tell in detailed but this scene was heart-breaking."

So were there many NG?

"Originally I am not type that often make NG, but I don’t know why in the scene with the water bottle I made NG so many times. I couldn’t control the bottle properly, so I couldn’t open the bottle cap and pour the water out at the same time. At the end, this scene was skipped.”

Including RHY who played BR, there were all the same-generation actors at the film site, I heard that it was amicable?

"Hyeyoungie really likes mango. So if you want to see her delighted face, just buy it (mango) and bring to the film site. Hye Ri is my hoobae in uni too, she’s a kid that full of energy. Even though filming was tight and hard, the two girls’ smiling faces were a great support. All the actors still keep in touch via SMS and sometimes hang out together.

With the success of the drama and rapid rising in popularity, how you feel?

"I was recognized by people from various ages. When I was at the restaurant and many people came and asked for my signature, I once thought that “ It seems that I’m famous.”

Finally, how was this drama to you?
“My life wont be that fortunate again. The result was good and I can meet precious co-actors. In the future, I hope that I can have more great works.”

PS: DC people said KP is really a Sunbora shipper :)) Well, he's the one understands BR most. 

On 7/28/2016 at 2:53 AM, valNK said:

"Hyeyoungie really likes mango. So if you want to see her delighted face, just buy it (mango) and bring to the film site.

OMG!!!!! 

look like they found the filming site...

AVklRPg.png

source DC

from this scene

3dr1SdE.jpgyElWRiY.jpgzqVsaoV.jpgkydZ7ss.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

some bts photo release. sad truth for not so important(?) characters, no privillage of solo picture or couple picture. Hewhewhewhew.

i just miss them BOTH. even though gkp have new drama, i dont know. It still doesnt help to ease the missing feeling inside me.ekekekeke.

iPqPWK9.jpgaqVR5QJ.jpg

Spoiler

KCNQGk8.jpgbIcjPTf.jpg

source https://www.facebook.com/vldrama/?ref=page_internal 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When Sunwoo meets Bora

I genuinely thinks that go kyung pyo should marry ryu hye young after watching this...

What i found while watching this isnt just simple chemistry or flirtatious vibe ...the vibe i got was they need to grow old together..adoration...love..friendship

I hope that their friendship can grow into life long partnership as a man and woman :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Woah! There's a SunBora thread! I super love their team-up! Their chemistry is unbelievable! I think their kissing scenes where hot and It makes me wonder if the don't feel anything other than friendship after thise sizzling kisses! I continue to rewatch their scenes and still get the same feelings I got when I first watched it! 

• 4 months later...

guys....how are you??...

neway i want to said that.... sunbora story still alive....

1) on 20th dec 2017 in lets eat dinner together variety show, the owner of the house that invite them to eat dinner together is the "same surname" marriage couple. Then mc kang hodong refer to the "reply 1988 story". Which is our beloved couple...sunboraaaa~~~~

2) is during wise prison life (sin PD latest drama after R88). The main leads and family is watching a drama and it is R88 and the scene showed is our Sunbora sceneeeeeeeeeee~~~~

Archived