[Short Drama 2015] Splash Splash Love | 퐁당퐁당 LOVE

kyunii88

Some funny little details found in episode 1 to share with.

#1. The title of the Drama – Flash Flash LOVE

- In the opening scene, the letter “v” is originally flipped upside down and then turned to the correct position.
- There are four printed letters LOVE on Danbi’s jacket.
- Near the end of EP1, the young man who saved Danbi looked at the letters on the jacket.
- And then in the preview, the king wrote something like the letter “L” on paper.

Fporm1u.jpg

Spoiler

According to Wikipedia, this king, Sejong (Yi-Do), was the person who introduced hangul, the native phonetic alphabet system for the Korean language.
And according to some hints provided in the drama, the young man was Jang Yeong-sil, who was known as a prominent inventor during Sejong’s rule.

I wonder if the drama will make Sejong be inspired by the word LOVE to invent hangul.

Wikipedia about Sejong the Great: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great

#2. Danbi’s textbook

At the beginning of EP1, Danbi was reading her textbook in the bus. The picture on the right side of the page is similar to the water clock introduced by Danbi at the end of EP1.

The picture in the bottom right corner below was taken from Wiki.

9ICRBAW.jpg

Spoiler

In reality, this water clock was created by Jang Yeong-sil.

Water clock from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great#/media/File:Korean_Waterclock.jpg

#3. Danbi’s card holder

Danbi carried a card holder with her from the beginning of the drama. The king kept this card holder right after meeting Danbi in the palace, and returned it to Danbi when he went to see her secretly in the night.

In the pictures below you can see there is a banknote in the card holder. This is the 10,000 won banknote, and the man printed on the banknote is the king Sejong.

MFnuhZp.jpg

10,000 won banknote from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sejong_the_Great#/media/File:10000_won_serieVI_obverse.jpeg

#4. The little boy

The little boy in present time (witness to Danbi jumping into the water) and in the past were acted by the same kid.

X52tZEb.jpg

The boy in the past knew that Danbi is a girl and called her noona.
Some other netizens suggested that the boy in present time followed Danbi to jump into the water and came to the past. :w00t:

#5. Danbi’s name
Read in other forums that "Danbi" in Korean also means “timely rain”. :wub:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skeletonworks

I just finished watching the 1st subbed episode. I'm like woah..... The chemistry between Doojoon and Seulgi is off the chart!! These two are giving me diabetes! The storyline reminds me a bit of Rooftop Prince. It's hilarious too!!!! Now I'm sad that this is only 2 episodes. They should've made it 16 episodes at least!!!! Doojoon doojoon. it's such a crime to be this hot!!!! <3<3

@Fiona0754 Thanks for the tidbits! It's very interesting learning about all these things! More reason for this to be a full length drama so that we can learn how can King Sejong created all these stuffs. I mean he's a famous king in Korean, isn't he?

1 hour ago, skeletonworks said:

I just finished watching the 1st subbed episode. I'm like woah..... The chemistry between Doojoon and Seulgi is off the chart!! These two are giving me diabetes! The storyline reminds me a bit of Rooftop Prince. It's hilarious too!!!! Now I'm sad that this is only 2 episodes. They should've made it 16 episodes at least!!!! Doojoon doojoon. it's such a crime to be this hot!!!! <3<3

@Fiona0754 Thanks for the tidbits! It's very interesting learning about all these things! More reason for this to be a full length drama so that we can learn how can King Sejong created all these stuffs. I mean he's a famous king in Korean, isn't he?

welcome chingu! I  really wish they could extend it to at least 8-12 episodes as well bc they storyline could totally work. I was hoping the show would be more popular so that fans could demand for more episodes lol maybe we should all spam MBC's twitter page lol

Thanks Fiona0754! it was very interesting! i love the little small details they put into this drama!!

If in this story, the writer made Lee Do create hangul because he was inspired with the LOVE at DanBi sweater, wow that is daebak (and seriously the writer is creative)

L =  (hangul: ㄴ, name: 니은 (nieun)

O = (hangul:ㅇ, name: 이응 (ieung)

the inverted V = (hangul: ㅅ, name: 시옷 (siot)

E = (hangul: ㅌ, name: 티읕 (tieut)

:w00t:

Guest skeletonworks

@trashoppaya

Hi!!! Glad to see you here!!! I was surprised that there weren't many fans of this mini drama. I mean where are all BEAST's Doojoon's fans??!! Let's Eat's Doojoon's fans?? Where are they?? The moment I saw the trailer I already fell in love with the drama and the two leads! It's so cute! How can anyone not love this?! They're just the most adorable couple I just want to squish them!!!!

12 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Sorry If this was posted before.

Remember the guy at the bus who helped and picked up DanBi's books ...

It seems the guy is the present Lee Do.

Are you for real???!! That's a pair of eagle eyes you got there!

I bet when Danbi returned to the future, she'd meet the exact same guy who looks like King Sejong: DOJOON!!!! OMGOMOMGOMG!!! <3

Guest skeletonworks

I cannot wait for the sub and watch the latest raw. She's using the Gangnam Style dance to ride a horse properly. LMFAO.

I wonder if the King knew that Danbi is a girl when he kissed her or he didn't care whether Danbi is a girl or not...

10 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

I cannot wait for the sub and watch the latest raw. She's using the Gangnam Style dance to ride a horse properly. LMFAO.

I wonder if the King knew that Danbi is a girl when he kissed her or he didn't care whether Danbi is a girl or not...

At the end, she is wearing her school uniform (skirt!) and he sees her legs. So to me, he realises that she is a girl. Before, he hadn't seen dressed like that because she was in the huge vase, when she came from the future! 

50 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

At the end, she is wearing her school uniform (skirt!) and he sees her legs. So to me, he realises that she is a girl. Before, he hadn't seen dressed like that because she was in the huge vase, when she came from the future! 

I think king already knew when he touched her breast.

Teaser 6

Funny scene she doing gangnam style. And the kiss!! Omoo we want moreee...

chebal MBC upload the rest of episode :D 

6 minutes ago, aurelly said:

I think king already knew when he touched her breast.

Teaser 6

Funny scene she doing gangnam style. And the kiss!! Omoo we want moreee...

chebal MBC upload the rest of episode :D 

I thought the same too! But I wasn't sure after the clementine... however it's so, he kept it a secret! 

Guest skeletonworks
2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

But the King already saw her with a skirt when that guy with long hair captured her and took her to the King. I just think that the King thought she dressed weirdly and that she's a eunuch. Even the real eunuch told her not to think herself as a woman because he thought he's originally a man but got his balls cut off... Maybe that's how the King saw her too.

He barely touched her chest when she immediately shielded it quickly.

At the end of episode 1, where they met at the water clock, the King said "I put a lot of effort into it, but I don't think there's an answer". To me, it seems like he doesn't understand why his heart is beating for another "man" because Danbi told him that his heart would palpitate if he fall in love with someone. The answer is LOVE. I'd like to think that the King kissed her no matter who she is...

But in the preview for next episode (after part 6), we can see that Danbi is dress in hanbok or as a girl.... So maybe in the later episode, Danbi would tell the truth to the King.

OMG, episode 6 ... you just gave me a heart attack with that last scene! <3 

I need more!!!!!!

I definitely did not expect that last scene but I love it! Love love love it! Gosh, why isn't the drama god listening to my prayer! I need these 2 in a 16 episode drama together (and as otp) ... I'm curious whether he found out she is a girl OR not when he kiss her. I feel like he hasn't realize that she is a girl yet given what he said at the end of episode 5, that he put effort to ignoring the feeling in his heart but he couldn't. It felt like he was avoiding DanBi on episode 5 because of his feeling, that he was falling for a man but all that went out the door and he didn't care about man or woman when it rain because he knew that when it rain, DanBi would leave. 

Can't wait for tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Lyna said:

OMG, episode 6 ... you just gave me a heart attack with that last scene! <3 

I need more!!!!!!

I definitely did not expect that last scene but I love it! Love love love it! Gosh, why isn't the drama god listening to my prayer! I need these 2 in a 16 episode drama together (and as otp) ... I'm curious whether he found out she is a girl OR not when he kiss her. I feel like he hasn't realize that she is a girl yet given what he said at the end of episode 5, that he put effort to ignoring the feeling in his heart but he couldn't. It felt like he was avoiding DanBi on episode 5 because of his feeling, that he was falling for a man but all that went out the door and he didn't care about man or woman when it rain because he knew that when it rain, DanBi would leave. 

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Me too, i didnt expect that he would kiss her, since he finding her to ask something that his physician reported something

I think he hasnt realized yet, based on Danbi and the King's bodygurad lines in the woods. He realizes Danbi is a girl when she accidently almost tripped on the ground and he caught her body and touched her breast to his chest unintentionally.

tAj9Ev3.jpg

He once again checked the chest part :D

He also said that "my doubt is right since i started have suspicion since his little bro (the same little boy who witnessed Danbi jump to puddle) call her as noona everytime".

So, for this convo, its true that both King and his bodyguard didnt notice her as a girl, and still believing that he is Gosam (the man who cutted off his man part like eunuch in the palace).

The bodyguard also is a kind person and still on King's side devotedly and didnt kill DB as the someone's order. I think he will tell the King if DB is actually a girl right away (didnt hide the secret) if he really a trustful person to the King, but since he still had a doubt it he didnt tell the King.

sfni0BV.jpg

Its still a vague that the King might have noticed already or not since he thought she hid the tangerine on her chest.

This situation reminds me Coffee Prince when Gong Yoo still accept Yoon Eun Hye as man and confessed his feeling toward her when he still didnt know that she really is a girl. :D

I was wondering what is King his physician talked about (something with hangul) that what makes him to ask Danbi personally and found her at the beach eventually. 

Have you watched Jang Ok Jung's story? The woman from lower class that King fallen in love with?She became a Heebin (concubine). Idk if its coincidence or it is really from the script that Danbi also has Jang as her surename. The preview tells us that the King might spend the night with her and it makes her as his concubine, and Danbi is shocked with that. She might say that she would become Jang Heebin now?. LOL

Seems between the Queen and bodyguard has something sparks on them, they might end up together since i saw that they worry to each other. Its a relief that Queen has someone she likes, because there is no annoying woman will ruin my OTP.hahhhahahha

Thank you for your explanation @Fiona0754 its awesome. ^^

Btw, welcome aboard unni @bebebisous33 i didnt expect that you'll be here.are you lost the bet??hehhehe :wub:

Five Reasons To Watch 'Splash, Splash Love'

BY JULIE JONES

Yoon Doo Joon and Kim Seul Gi
(PHOTO : SPLASH SPLASH LOVE)

The romantic time travel drama "Splash, Splash, Love" may only be two episodes long but there are at least five reasons drama lovers should give it a chance.

1. The drama stars Korea SNL comedienne Kim Seul Gi. Kim is funny in every role she plays. She was a funny ghost in "Oh My Ghostess," starring Jo Jung Suk and Park Bo young. She was funny as Jung Yu Mi's best friend in "Discovery of Love." She was a funny webtoon editor in "Flower Boys Next Door."Splash, Splash Love" offers her a chance to play a leading role, so viewers can see even more of her.

READ MORE

Credit : kdramastars

Archived