[Short Drama 2015] Splash Splash Love | 퐁당퐁당 LOVE

kyunii88

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Seul Gi Reveals What She Would Have Done If She Were Her Character in “Splash Slash Love”

kim-seul-gi1.jpg

Kim Seul Gi has reflected back on her recent drama “Splash Splash Love” and revealed what she would have done if she were in the main character’s shoes.

In a recent interview with Yonhap News, Kim Seul Gi says, “I think I’d choose to live a more luxurious life in Joseon.”

“I think I’d do my parents wrong by chasing after my own happiness,” she adds. “Though it is impossible to choose between my parents and partner, picking a good partner is very important to me. My partner is someone I can choose to be my family and will be with me during my last breath.”

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the drama, however, Kim Seul Gi’s character disobeys the orders of Lee Do (played by Yoon Doo Joon) to stay by his side as long as the sun rises and falls and returns to her world. Thankfully for upset fans, the drama ends with the two reuniting in a bus.

“In the original script, my character attends college prep classes, and Lee Do reappears as the math teacher,” Kim Seul Gi reveals. “However, our schedule was so tight, and we ended up not being able to film that part.”

Meanwhile, Kim Seul Gi also reveals the extreme measures she had to take for the drama. Though she has a skin allergy caused by tangerines, oranges, and grapefruit, she had to eat a tangerine for one scene. Because tangerines are documented to be so rare back in the days that kings would secretly give them to their favorite servants, there was no other replacement for the fruit. Kim Seul Gi powered through the scene while taking medication for her allergy.

“The pride for my drama erases all the memories of the hardships I encountered while filming,” she comments.

What would you have done in Kim Seul Gi’s character’s shoes?

Source: Soompi

I really enjoyed this drama so much. I think it was too short, but at the same time having it be a short drama somehow makes the storyline and the story pace so nicely. I love the heroine. the way she reacted to being in the past period was quite realistic compared to many other time travel stories where the female lead also somehow seems to stop acting like someone from modern times. 

I hope there is a season 2 or another good funny moving drama in this style. 

I loved the drama!!! I wanted to watch something because I didn't have time to watch k dramas for a long time. I sure do pick the right ones... I loved the lead female in flower boy next door... So I jumped right inside the puddle... I just wished that she could go back and forth and maintain two lives bahahaha 

Omg. Where has this drama been all my life? I watched this special last week and it's been on my mind ever since. Doo Joon and Seul Gi have both wonderful comic and romantic chemistry together and it's out of the world! Loved Seul Gi in Oh My Ghostess and Doo Joon, I never would have guessed is an idol as well. Seul Gi perfectly played a high school senior with also vulnerability and Doo Joon's acting is better than some rookie actors and his soulful/longing looks just killed me. Have become a fan and gonna go find Let's Eat to watch now. The most adorable drama and OTP I've ever  seenand like most people, shipping them and also please any writer-nim or PD-nim, please reunite them in a longer drama! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

'Splash Splash Love' receives the highest viewer ratings among all of the TV programs that air in the same time frame

'Splash Splash Love' received the highest viewer ratings among all of the TV programs that air in the same time frame.

On February 8th, drama 'Splash Splash Love' received the highest viewer ratings among all of the TV programs that air in the same time frame.

'Splash Splash LOVE' is a fantasy romance drama that evolves around a high school girl named Jang Dan Bi, who takes a time travel back to the Joseon Dynasty.

The drama is receiving a great number of compliments from many viewers for outstanding flow of plots and scenes.

'Splash Splash Love' also peaked at top rankings on many different keyword charts of Korea.

'Splash Splash Love' is a new drama produced by director Kim Ji Hyun, who garnered 'Best Short Drama Award' at '2015 Asian TV Awards.'

Meanwhile, Meanwhile, 'Splash Splash LOVE' is a fantasy romance drama that evolves around a high school girl named Jang Dan Bi, who takes a time travel back to the Joseon Dynasty, and it is about to surpass 9 million views on Naver TV Cast.

'Splash Splash Love' receives the highest viewer ratings among all of the TV programs that air in the same time frame

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=433387

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Where has this drama been?? Totally flew under my radar but I finally caught up to it. OMG I loved it. EVERYTHING. :heart:

The cinematography, the ost. the script, the wardrobe, just everything worked so well. It's a shame it was only two episodes but it was perfect. I can't gush enough. Loved her witty sense of humour and of course the 'oppa gangnam style' part :D . It was very well written. Had to laugh at the end when the friend said King Sejong gave a tangerine to all his lovers and he had twenty kids... didn't put a dampener on her smile whatsoever! 

I'm so glad I caught this, here's my MV to music by Glee - Umbrella/Singing in the rain

• 2 weeks later...

'Splash Splash LOVE' with over 10 million view counts proves power of webdrama

photo696047.jpg

"Splash Splash Love" with the accumulated view counts over ten million is rewriting the history of web dramas.

The coming-of-age drama, MBC's "Splash Splash Love" delivers empathy and encouragement to the people living in this anxious and risky modern world through the romance story between Dan-bi (meaning sweet rain), a high school girl who falls through time slip and lands in Joseon era, and Lee Do, a king in Joseon.

"Splash Splash Love" began on December 10, 2015 and finished with its online web-10th episode on February 21st.

It was the first time for MBC to produce a drama separately for online and for groundwave broadcasting. "Splash Splash Love" brought out empathy from the netizens while presenting the sophisticate cinematography and trendy editing, which led to over 10,001,363 view counts as of February 29th.

PD Kim Ji-hyeon-III said, "It's surprising. Although it was a short story with two episodes only, I believe the reason the drama could receive so much love is all thanks to the efforts by the cast and the staff, who worked hard. I am thankful and I will try harder to come back with a better drama one day".

"Splash Splash Love" is PD Kim Ji-hyeon-III's second work since she received Top Excellence in short drama category for her short drama, 'Drama Festival - The Diary of a Resentful Woman', 2014 at the 2015 Asian TV Awards (ATA).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived