[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016-2017] The Legend of Flying Daggers 飞刀又见飞刀

sugarplum892

OMG those pictures !!  male hottness overload :w00t:  They need to come out with the broadcast dates already and the network.. * secretly prays that it's not hunan so that the drama does not get butchered for it's awsomeness*:phew:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

To be fair to Hawick Lau, it's pretty hard to have any chemistry with a wooden block (aka Zheng Shuang). I've seen him in SWAK and  he was very good there, besides being the hottest villain I've seen in a long time.

I suspect with his recent nuptial his acting style is a little more restrained. Being much more circumspective towards his fellow actors due to his wife. However, I see that he's not a bad actor overall. I'm going to check this out as I need a new drama to keep me occupied and I've always liked Yang Rong.

Btw: I'm going to check out the sequel to Flying Dagger with Zhu Yi Long (he caught my eye as the 2nd lead in Love for Three Lifetimes), again playing a villain but somehow winning the heart of the heroine by changing his ways. I think there's a resounding theme for me. I seem to have a weakness for complex men! 

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 10:15 AM, thundergirl3 said:

To be fair to Hawick Lau, it's pretty hard to have any chemistry with a wooden block (aka Zheng Shuang). I've seen him in SWAK and  he was very good there, besides being the hottest villain I've seen in a long time.

I suspect with his recent nuptial his acting style is a little more restrained. Being much more circumspective towards his fellow actors due to his wife. However, I see that he's not a bad actor overall. I'm going to check this out as I need a new drama to keep me occupied and I've always liked Yang Rong.

Btw: I'm going to check out the sequel to Flying Dagger with Zhu Yi Long (he caught my eye as the 2nd lead in Love for Three Lifetimes), again playing a villain but somehow winning the heart of the heroine by changing his ways. I think there's a resounding theme for me. I seem to have a weakness for complex men! 

I agreed with what you said ie I noticed that he had changed in his acting style ever since he got married. Really missing the old Hawick!

Yang Rong is beautiful and deserves a leading role by now. :)

Partnering with Hawick Lau in The Legend of Flying Daggers as the main couple makes me happy for her achievement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like they've started airing this. I've seen the first 3 episodes and it doesn't feel too bad so far. I didn't find anything really objectionable and things moved along quite quickly. Hawick's not bad in the male lead role except that he might be getting a bit too old to play roles like this for much longer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived