[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016-2017] The Legend of Flying Daggers 飞刀又见飞刀

sugarplum892

rR2ryHi.jpg%20alt=

Details:

Chinese Title: 飞刀又见飞刀 / Fei Dao You Jian Fei Dao
English title: The Legend of Flying Daggers 
Genre: Ancient, Action
Directors:  Liang Sheng Quan(The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌, The Mystic Nine 老九门 Huang Jun Wen, and Liu Guo Hui
Episodes: 42
Broadcast Date: December 5, 2016

Cast:

Hawick Lau

Yang Rong 

Emma Wu Ying Jie

Kenny Kwan

Synopsis:

Although Li Huai is the grandson of “Xiao Li Fei Dao” Li Xun Huan, he is an illegitimate son, which caused him to roam around the world since young. Many years later, after returning to where he used to live after obtaining a treasure his mother left for him, he was accused of stealing silver from an official and fell into a trap set by the leader of the guards, Han Jun. In those difficult times, a mysterious woman Xue Cai Ye saved him time and again, causing their feelings for each other to grow.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Legend of Flying Daggers 飞刀又见飞刀 Viki English Subbed Episodes

The Legend of Flying Daggers 飞刀又见飞刀 Raw Episodes

The Mystic Nine 老九门 Official Drama Thread

The Flame’s Daughter 烈火如歌 Official Drama Thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is based on the Flying Daggers series of novels written by Taiwanese author Gu Long. According to avirtualvoyage.net, this drama is based on the fifth and final installment of the series. Author Gu Long died in 1985. Many of his novels had been adapted into movies.

Guest Tinkiebell

Oh my, Hawick and GuiGui (Yes, she looks cool, quite different than her cheerful and cute self in GWGM :D ). Need to watch. But what's the story about?

1 hour ago, Tinkiebell said:

Oh my, Hawick and GuiGui (Yes, she looks cool, quite different than her cheerful and cute self in GWGM :D ). Need to watch. But what's the story about?

Hawick's character is the grandson of the original hero in the Flying Daggers novels. He is carrying on the family tradition of defending the poor against the kingdom. Yang Rong's character works for the royal family as a female assassin but falls in love with Hawick's character even though they are enemies. Gui Gui's character is the childhood friend of Hawick's character and has always had a crush on him. Huang Ming's character is the brother of Hawick's character and is in love with Gui Gui's character.

Guest Tinkiebell
3 minutes ago, jwand said:

Hawick's character is the grandson of the original hero in the Flying Daggers novels. He is carrying on the family tradition of defending the poor against the kingdom. Yang Rong's character is a member of the royal family but falls in love with Hawick's character even though they are enemies. Gui Gui's character is the childhood friend of Hawick's character and has always had a crush on him.

Thanks, @jwand ! :) 

I'm not familiar with the Flying Daggers series, so I will have to google it. But the story sounds interesting. From the way you described it, there are some Robin Hood elements, meets star crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet, Wuxia style! :D Maybe I'm wrong, but the trailer looks really good. I'm quite sold, will definitely be trying this out once it airs :)  

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahha of course and honestly i be watching this series purely for her....i just love her.....she happen to have quite a good chemy with HuangMing, who will be Hawick Character younger sibling who is in love with Fang KeKe :D

:D thanks for sharing the stills, she looks good in them!

12 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Thanks @jwand lols....i hope u dont mind i edit a lil on your thread starter to add in some of the 2nd lead male and also the 3rd lead pairing :D

I noticed your editing earlier @angelangie :)

I added Huang Ming's photo to the second post as soon as you added his name to the first post.

Archived