Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

16 minutes ago, minibunny said:

@kilaalaathank you for the subbed.. Oh my god!! So TK had taken less drugs.. I'm so happy.. Surely, all he needs someone who really cares about him.. I love I love this bromance.. They're so in love with Sung sisters.. :wub:

Ahaha I love that SW thinks Taek is crazy for liking DS and needs to take medication for his "problem" while Taek thinks SW is not any better for liking Bora nuna!

LOL and especially love SW snuggling up to Taek like SW is the girl and Taek is the guy... XD

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

[snip]

Don't feel bad, Chingu! :)

They will all be super-mad when we finally see the SunTaek wedding! And we can say Neener-Neener! (Everyone buy me dduk-boki!)

Joking aside, I would like to say that Jung-Hwan is a fantastic character, and a very worthy husband for DS. He's a grumpy-gus with a heart of gold and tons of love for his family and his friends. What is not to love? And the actor is kicking major butt with this role - he telegraphs SO MUCH PAIN with his eyes, I just want to hug him. And let's not forget his wicked sense of humor. He is easily the sexiest dude in this bunch.

But I do want to tell everyone who is SO SURE JH is the husband - we cannot dismiss the quiet intensity of Taek! He began the series seeming like a lost puppy or baduk-robot. But then we see his layers being peeled away like an onion, and there is so much more to him. I predict that we will see so much more.

For me, I pretty much saw "Future Husband" stamped on his forehead ever since he asked DS out to a movie. Of course, I could be wrong, but it just seems so obvious to me, for whatever reason.

So don't let the JH-shippers bother you. JH is a very strong candidate, which is good, because we wouldn't want this to be too easy and obvious. Taek enjoys a challenge, after all. Heh heh.

(Dduk--boki! Dduk--boki!)

LOL Your comment is so so so so so amazing I'm putting lipsticky kissy lip-marks all over it right now. JH is amazing, Taekie is amazing. DS is very dorky and cute in her dorky way and amazing. I think my heart can handle love for all three.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, meguna said:

Also, I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm not trying to push this ship up to others but the preview... I am pretty sure that some of the scenes are continuous. JH and TK come home together, they see DS and JH decided to part ways with TK but before he goes in his house he glances over the two and gets heartbroken at the sight of DS-TK moment (or just hurt to see DS sad, still poor JH and DS) anyways, in that specific scene. Doesn't it looks like the main ship is With TK? JH looked liked the 2nd lead and even thought I haven't watched r94, I can sense that "Chillbong" vibe in him.

@meguna yes agree..its not comparing with R94 but the scenes is like when chillingbong saw Trash and Najung is Like when JH saw Taek and DS ..even  there's no romantic relationship with them yet he saw the love to each other,and worst he knows that Taeks love her, and even DS don't know yet she's unconsciously responding to that love.. 

^^ it's just my thoughts...guys ^^

• Like 5

I have just completed watching epi 14 with Chinese subtitles.  now it is 50%JH, 50% Taek.

why do I say that? DS looked angry when she thought JB(JH's brother) wore the shirt she bought for JH.  Is she angry just because she thought JH passed the shirt she bought to the brother or she is hurt? 

But Taek seems to know the secrets of the 'sister-in'law', this is something that JH doesn't have.  and it is always the one that has 'connection' or 'secrets' of the family members.. this can be used between the brother-in-law(Taek) and sister-in-law(Bora) when they are in their 40s.. it is this accumulation of secrets  that Taek holds  that makes me still hopeful of Taek being the husband. 

Writer-nim, please don't torture Taek or JH anymore.. I can't bear to see anyone of them hurting. 

@dramaluv3r101, the video you posted really makes me want them to be together in reel and in real lol... or are they really dating in reality?? how could PBG remove the eyelashes for Hyeri so naturally and comfortably, like a boyfriend would do? :wub:  and look at PBG eyes when Hyeri was talking to the camera..

• Like 7

Guest gerimisore

Hi guys!

I want to share my opinion on the latest 'riot' regarding some shippers' accusation of writer's favoritism, 'main otp', bla bla bla. I feel like saying something (although I warn you it's pretty much rubbish) since I actually like going back and forth from JH-DS thread to here. I like reading other shippers' opinions and try to understand their point of view even though some of them kinda hurt me (lol. I guess I'm a masochist). So, here it is!

A few days ago I found out that some of them occasionally visited our thread (mostly to find any cute fanarts or latest translation or news since most of us don't post much in the main thread) and they left feeling pretty p**sed off after reading some of our posts concerning JH characterization. They don't like it when some of us call them 'scary' or 'aggressive' and they also strongly disagree on the mention that JH is underdeveloped character. I actually wanted to apologize if some of our posts sounded pretty offensive but I realized I was alone there and they could pretty much eaten me alive so I just stay quiet. And I felt a little bit sad because some of them warn the others to never visit this thread again since we like to 'bash' JH (when, in fact, they actually never bring down Taek) which is seriously not the case. Here, I've seen many many posts that pointed out how wonderful JH character is. Perhaps, there were some posts that sounded a little bit harsh, but that's not our intention (isn't it?) to down-grade or bash JH as a character. We adore him as much as the others. He is a good boy, a good son, a good brother, and a good friend. It's just that, IMO, his characterization surrounding DS and the love line is quite on the landslide recently. Other than that, he is also a complex and layered character (I, personally, do not believe that Taek is the only layered character in the drama, since that's what they assume of us). Either ship can get pretty delulu depends on where you see it. We like to take notice and analyze the little clues, they like to see the bigger picture. There is no right or wrong in this stage. We, both, don't know the end of the story.

Funnily enough, I can understand some of their frustration. Unlike us who are used to see less Taek in the main frame, they are too used to watch a lot of JH-centric scenes since the early episodes. I think It's understandable if they feel quite sad or wanting more of him. Although it doesn't justified how some of them called the other couple 'boring' and 'stupid' just because they want to see more of their own otp. But, again, by having a massive number of followers, gaining a few bad apples is inevitable. The problem is, from what I read, they have almost zero doubt on who will be the husband. It's Junghwan. 99%. It MUST BE him. And really it's not helping either that as a charming tsundere that he is, a golden formula of a drama male lead, JH also got a head-start (thus explain why this ship seems so big in terms of supporters. He attracts a lot of shippers from the beginning). I think it's dangerous to believe that your assumption is almost 100% true when none of us here know what will happen. Although, in this case, I can understand them. I think it's safe to say that most watchers actually thought JH is the endgame based on the early episodes. I, myself, believed JH is the husband before Taek entered the game (which is funny since I usually root for the first male that comes on the screen and has many cheesy interactions with the female lead), But, as many of you here, I also don't feel any special attachment to JH-DS love line. Their scenes are sweet and cute, indeed, but Taek-DS scenes are a little more deep, heartfelt, and touching for me. Well, different person, different opinion.

What I'm trying to say is, it's good to have faith and confidence in your own ship, but no matter how popular the character is or no matter how many supporters that your OTP has, we are not the writer. We don't write the story. We don't know the ending.

I think what makes the Taektanic ship a little bit more bearable is because we have that 'crisis' moment when we thought Taek is indeed the 2nd lead. We don't hope much. We still hold on to that thin string of hope, of wanting the writer to do not recycle the same trope over and over again, but then we also realized it probably never happened (since the same trope brings them success, proven by the previous installments). We are grateful to see when Taek got more scenes, and a little bit happier if he had cute scenes with DS. I'm actually thankful that we're being fed with the small spoon by the PD and the writer from the beginning. It helps us, or me specifically, to remember to do not fly too high.

And, I agree, there is no 'main otp' in this drama. Just because the drama is centered more on DS's life, doesn't mean JH-DS or TK-DS is the 'main otp'. As someone said here, the 'main otp' can changed based on who watch it. And also to assume that the writer prioritizes on a certain character just because she reduces the screen time of another is ridiculous. Every single character is important. What differs R88 from the other dramas is because it delves not only on the main character's life (which I assume is DS), but also touches the story of others. It's impossible to give equal amount of screen time to all characters in one episode, thus some reduction is unavoidable. Who doesn't want to watch more scenes of our favorite character 'tho? None. But what can we do as an audience? Swallowing the bitter pill is hard, but one needs to learn how to take it sooner or later. We can't always get what we want.

And again and again I can't emphasize enough on how much I love this thread. By reading your wonderful insights, lovely ladies, I feel like learning about love and life in general rather than finding clues on who will be the husband. Let's support, ship, complain, discuss things in a civil manner and with an open mind. Because anything, literally ANYTHING, can happen in the next 6 episodes.

And also I just learned that our ship is actually a submarine, so no matter who the husband is, or even if there is a gigantic iceberg waiting in front of us, no need to worry my fellow shipmates, we can still party hard with Taek! He can also buy us loads of ddukbokki! Yeeaaay! So, sail on! ~(^0^)~

@gerimisore nice post. Also lurked there and saw their post but surprisingly I wasn't hurt by their comments,I was immuned to it. Its entirely up to them not to visit here anymore. Lol But all we have to keep in mind is that it's just a show and its never that serious to drag each other down.

• Like 5

Thing is when I read all the amazing posts here dissecting how taek is,and the details that have been done in regards of what goes in taek's mind,I want to see it on screen,happening for real.But we see him so less that I am always left with wanting to see more of his story arc,for example the confession that have been on talks basically for last two weeks.I have seen the comments on main thread,and I see where they come from,and there are mixture of different kind of opinions,so I won't be directly saying they are wrong..it's just different people having different thoughts,that's all.But the netizen are the majority,and their comments clearly show how biased they are towards jungpal,and just mostly watch to see more of him,not caring about the other story features.I would say all the characters and focus on them are my saving grace  in this drama,and I like the different details the writer have taken care of through each of the episodes,like one episode was hilariously focused on the card game,another one on the obituary and how death affects different people,and then one on the ice snowman,or jung bong's amazing skill of mcgyver at toilet cleaning and so on..All of these make the drama rich as it is,so maybe I've misunderstood the writer and this time the series is not about romance at all.So I've gathered my wits and have come to the conclusion that old deok sun is way more mature than the one she used to be,and we won't be a part of the process,maybe.We are just shown a glimpse of their happy and sad moments,and that's just it.No matter how much we want to see the romance and more of it,the writer goes a step further and shows us a bit more of the motherly love,the brothers and sisters or the next interesting topic he's already thought about,like rats or cards or dining out.So as the series in the past had just the gang in the cover photo,we've got the whole neighborhood in the cover title this time right,and that says it all.

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

Hi guys!

I want to share my opinion on the latest 'riot' regarding some shippers' accusation of writer's favoritism, 'main otp', bla bla bla. I feel like saying something (although I warn you it's pretty much rubbish) since I actually like going back and forth from JH-DS thread to here. I like reading other shippers' opinions and try to understand their point of view even though some of them kinda hurt me (lol. I guess I'm a masochist). So, here it is!

A few days ago I found out that some of them occasionally visited our thread (mostly to find any cute fanarts or latest translation or news since most of us don't post that much in the main thread) and they left feeling pretty p**sed off after reading some of our posts concerning JH characterization. They don't like it when some of us call them 'scary' or 'aggressive' and they also strongly disagree on the mention that JH is underdeveloped character. I actually wanted to apologize if some of our posts sounded pretty offensive but I realized I was alone there and they could pretty much eaten me alive so I just stay quiet. And I felt a little bit sad because some of them warn the others to never visit this thread again since we like to 'bash' JH (when, they said, they actually never bring down Taek) which is seriously not the case. Here, I've seen many many posts that point out how wonderful JH character is. Perhaps there are some posts that sounded a little bit harsh, but that's not our intention (isn't it?) to down-grade or bash JH as a character. We adore him as much as the others. He is a good boy, a good son, a good brother, and a good friend. It's just that, IMO, his characterization surrounding DS and the love line is quite on the landslide recently. Other than that, he is also a complex and layered character (I, personally, do not believe that Taek is the only layered character in the drama, since that's what they assume of us). Either ship can get pretty delulu depends on where you see it. We like to notice and analyze the little clues, they like to see the bigger picture. There is nothing right or wrong in this stage. We, both, don't know the end of the story.

Funnily, I can understand some of their frustration. Unlike us, who are used to see less Taek in the main frame, they are too used to watch a lot of JH-centric scenes since the early episodes. I think It's understandable if they feel quite sad or wanting more of him. Although it doesn't justified how some of them called the other couple 'boring' and 'stupid' just because they want to see more of their own otp. But, again, by having a massive number of followers, gaining a few bad apples is inevitable. The problem is, from what I read, they left almost zero doubt on who will be the husband. It's Junghwan. 99%. It MUST BE him. And really it's not helping either that as a charming tsundere that he is, a golden formula of a drama male lead, JH also got a head-start (thus explain why this ship seems so big in terms of a number of boarders. He attracts a lot of shippers from the beginning). I think it's dangerous to believe your assumption is almost 100% true when none of us here know what will happen. Although, in this case, I can understand them. I think it's safe to say that most watchers actually thought JH is the endgame based on the early episodes. I, myself, believed JH is the husband before Taek enters the game (which is funny since I usually root for the first male that comes to the screen and having many cheesy interactions with the female lead), But, as many of you here, I also don't feel any special attachment to JH-DS love line. Their scenes are sweet and cute, indeed, but Taek-DS scenes are a little more deep, heartfelt, and touching for me. Well, different person, different opinion.

What I'm trying to say is it's good to have faith and confidence in your own ship, but no matter how popular the character is or no matter how many supporters that your OTP has, we are not the writer. We don't write the story. We don't know the ending.

I think what makes the Taektanic ship a little bit more bearable is because we have that 'crisis' moment when we thought Taek is indeed the 2nd lead. We don't hope much. We still hold on to that thin string of hope, of wanting the writer to do not recycle the same trope over and over again, but then we also realized it probably never happened (since the same trope brings them success from the previous installments). We are grateful to see when Taek got more scenes, and a little bit happier if  he had cute scenes with DS. I'm actually thankful that we're being fed with the small spoon by the PD and the writer from the beginning. It helps us, or me specifically, to remember to do not fly too high.

And, I agree, there is no 'main otp' in this drama. Just because the drama is centered more on DS's life, doesn't mean JH-DS or TK-DS is the 'main otp'. As someone said here, the 'main otp' can changed based on who watch it. And also to assume that the writer prioritizes on a certain character just because she reduces the screen time of another is ridiculous. Every single character is important. What differs R88 from the other dramas is because it delves not only on the main character's life (which I assume is DS), but also touches the story of others. It's impossible to give equal amount of screen time to all characters in one episode, thus some reduction is unavoidable. Who doesn't want to watch more scenes of our favorite character 'tho? None. But what can we do as an audience. Swallowing the bitter pill is hard, but one needs to learn how to take it sooner or later. We can't always get what we want.

And again and again I can't emphasize enough on how much I love this thread. By reading your wonderful insights, lovely ladies, I feel like learning about love and life in general rather than finding clues on who will be the husband. Let's supports, ships, complains, discusses things in a civil manner and with an open mind. Because anything, literally ANYTHING, can happen in the next 6 episodes.

And also I just learned that our ship is actually a submarine, so no matter who the husband is, or even if there is a gigantic iceberg waiting in front of us, no need to worry my fellow shipmates, we can still party hard with Taek! He can also buy us loads of ddukbokki! Yeeaaay! So, sail on! ~(^0^)~

Exactly.Loved your post.All of them shine in this drama.Rather than the individual characters,all of them together make this story wholesome,and meaningful.

• Like 5

Guest gerimisore

@mellinadear haha, I'm not as strong as you. 'Though as I recall again, 'hurt' is not the right word to describe my feeling. It's more like I disagree to some of their opinions and it left me feeling uncomfortable because I can't say anything (I can't refute their claims when they wrote it in their own thread). LOL. You're right. It's up to them if they refuse to come here ever again. It's just I'm sad that they think we bash JH. We're not that bad. I mean some of us even wrote long, beautiful, elaborate paragraphs describing what a wonderful character JH is. It's saddening that they only see the bad things (even though it can happen to either ship. hehe. We can have an impression like this because they did what. They see us as something like this, because of what.)

In the end of the day, it's just a show. And we're just humans who can make mistakes and have different opinions and misunderstood things.

I think with the direction of the episodes constantly surrounding older character, other relationships, it shows the writer is reaching out to a wider audience in mind, (so not always the type that would be tweeting and such)

After reading the recap, I understood the convo's of SW more and it really hit the heart ( taking back my comment about production speed causing more family moments), And im kinda just dying at Tk's dad and SW's mom relationship, it shares a more important lesson, about growing old, learning to embrace love again, and being there for someone else. 

just a thought if sw goes of to university and his mom and Tk' dad marry, do you all feel that Tk  would also move out? so many of the scenes if focused on just them with jinjoo ??

• Like 3

I'm curious, how's TK popularity in korea? Because if i see on netizenbuzz, most of the netizenbuzz are rooting for JH. They want him to be the husband

I hope the writer and the team wont be pressured by JH's popularity. Because for me personally, if JH becomes the husband, the story will be so cliche, so typical. I hope reply series this time can break the trend of bickering couple and tsundere main lead. It gets too overused and uninteristing

• Like 7

From the db recap I read dr's words of advice to deok sun,and it totally is the question of the hour.

' Dong-ryong smiles knowingly and says, “I’m asking what you like. Not what other people like, but you. YOU. Who do you like?” He says she has preferences for everything else, so doesn’t she know what kind of guy she likes? Dong-ryong: “Without someone else liking you, you could like someone, right?”

The way she instantly says she likes taek,and the hesitation at jh,the comparison probably shows it much how she feels about both of the boys? Yes,she's indecisive about jh,but that came from the whole persuasion side of the two girlfriends.About taek,maybe she herself does not know how much she like him or can do without him.As dr says without someone else liking her,she can like someone.So maybe she needs to take a break and think on her own,who is it that she can't function without.The way jh has been in standstill about the whole affirmation part,maybe this was a foretelling that she did not belong to him in the first place.Lol,sorry for the cheesy part.Maybe the next episode IS going to be deok sun's episode,as I've been hoping for days,and we finally see some movement going in this triangle,before the big time skip happens.

• Like 9