Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

4 minutes ago, minibunny said:

Girls.. I'm worried about DS, why she's so sad in the preview? How she looks at TK makes me worried..otoke.. She looks devastating..Is it because she thinks that TK likes other girls? Or is it because she likes JH but know TK's feeling? Why she's crying while TK leans his head? Huuu we have to wait next week..

btw, some people in main thread annoy me so much.. JH is not the only main lead in the drama!! Sigh.. 

7 minutes ago, lymsleia attatya said:

@monsterlife lol i really want to know what makes they refer JH-DS as the main otp? even openly mentioned it on the main thread. up until now, it's still an open game for everyone right? even for DR hahaha

LOL I know right, no one knows who's the husband at this moment, I also think that JH is the character that can't be developed anymore except in love triangle, we know too well his personality, his way of act and think, he's even more obvious and bland that DR. That's why they can't give him any more screen time recently

• Like 6

Guest gerimisore

Happy 1000th+ posts, girls~! *throws confetti*

Edited by gerimisore
I'm so stupid. I wrote "1000th pages" -__-

Just now, lymsleia attatya said:

@minibunny i wont trust the preview anymore, especially after being trolled by the ep 14 preview hahaha. maybe she's crying because of something so unrelated with TK or JH? i dont know maybe because of the family have to move away?

Ah you're right, we shouldn't trust the preview, they always misleading us.. Maybe they're indeed moving away and then time jump?

• Like 1

Guys!

So I spent my day rewatching ep 9 & 10, and you know how all of ep 9 turns out to be a red herring because it makes DS appear lazy and irresponsible when in fact that isn't the case at all? So going into the ep knowing how much care she puts in making sure Taekie is okay - without making any kind of fuss whatsoever. It was so beautiful guys! I relished each and every scene from that trip. And I don't know, a rewatch of the two episodes actually made me feel a little less delusional about how Taekie and DS are meant to be together. There was also an unmistakable parallel in the way SW's mom was taking care of Taekie appa in the same episode and I felt convinced that both were instances of close friends becoming something more intimate, allowing the other to enter their most private lives. Even though there was nothing sad about the trip, I found it incredibly poignant. It was just so beautiful to see that DS can make herself so completely available for Taekie without ever feeling like she was forsaking any of her joys or liberties. Everybody else (except perhaps Taekie's appa himself) undermines her qualities, her ability to be there for Taekie, but she does it with such ease and effortlessness and joy even. Howwwwwwwww can they not belong together! I see love love love everywhere!

• Like 10

I am sorry but I would plainly write what I think is gonna happen.JH's  gonna keep playing the same game of noble sacrifice lol,and he sees that picture of 'taek-deok sun together taken at china',and then he catches up the scene when taek's gonna confess to ds,in the alley,at the same spot as sunwoo-bora snow confession scene.And probably the misunderstanding's gonna last for long,and this continues till the time skip happens.And at the future period we would see how ds is all mad and miffed at jh for not reciprocating her feeling,and then taek reveals later on how it was all because of him,voila =/.I'm sorry for doing this,but I don't think the writer has been creative at all with the triangle,sigh.It's weird that the weakest link to the story is never mentioned on any recap or reviews lol.

• Like 3

The main thread is scaring me rn, I was browsing through it (trying to see if someone did a whole summary of the episode). Can't wait to finish watching the episode so I can write all my thoughts ^^ also, I am enjoying this episode so far. Hehe

• Like 2

after i found this magical thread i immediately stopped reading the main thread tbh since i know it more pro-jh so i would be happier here in TK-DS rainbow world..well im not participating in the games of finding the color,dolls etc so i just analyze the character interaction..

of course nothing against JH since i love that guy + his happily cute&weird family is one of best thing of drama it just that the JH-DS love line is one of the weakest written part ^^;

i do i enjoy their scene as friend before they aware of their feeling since it feel natural and i enjoy their bickering even i know that is the cliche but it always cute to watch lol

but after that idk even at beginning im sure he is the husband and kinda expecting the chemistry i feel between SW-YJ and NJ-Trash to repeat but i feel nothing...from the pd who create my fave otp from previous season with all the detail of their romance it just bugging me with how they treat DS-JH(if he really the husband) like why they don't make the romance convincing i know they could if they want since they are such genius writer&pd..well i know the main focus here is family&friendship of course but they could still do better job than this dragging and kinda ruin the character in process...they did great in showing the progress of with SW-mom&Taek appa it very convincing and make us rooting for them,the other parent love life also shown is great way make us happy seeing them together,SW-BR also done it nice way from the confession to pursuit to becoming couple we can enjoy their journey(and their shipper is lucky because of that while we need to wait until it almost end to even get a confession and might can't see their dating journey it might just gonna be bam he is the husband and it end lol), JB&Mi Ok? is super sweet,cute&fun even just in short time they fast own my heart so why is JH-DS is done in such poor way(this question is IF JH end up the husband) and even the long build Lee Moon Sae concert endep up there nothing much except for her meeting old classmate and she pretend to be limp so he hold her but nothing major life changing so my original confident that JH as the husband&ready to get Taektanic pretty much almost gone lol and there this light of hope that we not gonna sink unless the later ep sunddenly they make the JH-DS full of energy and throwing all the meaningful moment in one go(which would look force lol)..

now about my Taek-DS well one thing for sure IF he not the husband i just pray the writer won't ruin this beautiful relationship which is more than friend, strong bond like a family but not yet a lover kind of deep special bond that they have build slowly but nicely for us so whatever in store for them i just don't want for them to end up being awkward or separate if the confession don't end well or Taek is rejected..

and if JH&DS really got together wouldn't he always gonna be jealous if DS continue to take care of Taek like now and everything gonna turn awkward so if DS and JH is together meaning Taek would avoid them or they both avoid Taek since it hard to see them hang out after all knowing each other feeling and only one become couple..well i need for DS to know Taek feel and Taek to know JH feel for anything to happen which is the storm gonna happen in future ep considering they are all very close friend..

like Taek said to Sunwoo he can't live without DS so it would break him if DS avoid him or treat him differently if she don't feel the same way..

right now DR&SW on Taek side since they know his feel but what they gonna do if they know JH feel?

but since DS is still very confuse now since she right now like/think she like JH since she think JH like her (since i need DS pov to really know if she really like him or she just badly want to be like by someone so knowing JH feeling make her happy but her own feeling is what matter to end this dragging misery)

because right now DS still didn't know that she is the person Taek like&she still treat him like kid(maybe she still don't understand why did she care so much for him&why is he special for her beside being childhood friend) so im looking forward the time that she know Taek feeling and will truly think properly of her feeling and notice all the sign Taek giving her all this time and view him like a man not the boy she always take care of..

we do kinda see how JH fall for her so i badly need both Taek and DS pov next like showing DS reaction and close up and what she truly think and same as Taek i want his pov(like Min in I remember you we can see his pov even it sad) so would be great if we get a flashback of all the missing reaction and going through the head of Taek and DS..

with how in detailed they build DS-Taek which make me think they truly the real otp since they have all the magical otp moment and chemistry which i seek in couple (well maybe it more the fault of great chemistry from Bogum&Hyeri instead of the script lol) so im still praying for the writer to break the cliche storyline for once and took the risk for someone as unique as Taek to actually win for once XD

well im not someone against cliche tbh since for me it not im sick of bickering couple or typical romance since i do enjoy that type of couple too as i said my otp in prev reply also like those but if the chemistry i want to see happen to the opposite of cliche pair and kinda unique type so why not changing the drama history and end in different way this time would be interesting:P

but oh well still even if JH do end up the husband don't you guys think our team is still getting all the awesome and memorable otp moment such as all the time they spent in Taek room, DS taking care of him,China trip,beach trip,seeing different side of each other and keeping each other secret outside the gang and many more so even if Taek lose the battle(just maybe since it not over until it over phrase lol) we still is the winner in sense of getting all the great moment :P

sorry for another long post hope my word is not confusing lol since i have bad habit of dragging what i wanna say like how much the writer drag the romance lol

• Like 19

I think we can stay optimistic and hopeful  till next week. Taek is husband or not I can't believe how much quality screen time they gave him. You should see how he kinda threatened Bora lol I know it wasn't his intention but his voice was too serious it was hilarious scene. And DR proposed him when he brought pizza for them lol DR is viewers voice ^^ If we compare DS's scenes with boys 

DR>TK>JH interesting...

Also episode ended with TK/DS climax which is a good sign 

• Like 8

It's been a long time since I visited the main thread so I'm not sure what is going on currently but on what some of you mentioned, I believe it's just a superiority complex due to them being the majority. For them, being the majority is some sort of assurance that what they are siding with is the real deal thus their confidence and their unwavering certainty that what they believe in is true...hence the 'main otp' situation. It is honestly okay to believe in something and speak up your mind BUT you don't have to be rude about it by bringing down others who have different preferences. Such situations are unfortunately unavoidable. There will always be people who feels superior over others and they will get rather defensive whenever their bias is being repressed in terms of screen time and involvement in the main love story. It's just basic defense mechanism to bring down others to make yourself look better. It's the reason why I feel intimidated about posting there because I am first and foremost a Taek fan and I don't wish to see people complaining or bashing on my favourite character just because they see him as an inconvenience that is hindering their ship from smooth sailing. lol. And usually these people try to bring down others by saying the most ridic of things such as people only likes Taek because he's played by Park Bogum etc and I'm here just shaking my head while reading. lol. But really if we were to be calculative about the amount of screen time, I believe that Taek has an even less screen time and he is also less involved whenever the group are hanging around together. And I don't see any Taek-biased people complaining much? And not to forget Dongryong! If they are complaining about lack of screen time then I guess Dongryong fans (me included) must be seething right now with the amount he is getting. I guess a lot of people are misunderstanding this. They need to know that there is no standard 'lead' or 'main' characters in this show. Sure, Deoksun's life is central to the story but if we were to specifically pick who the main characters are in this story, we simply can't because they all are. Every character has their own story to tell. So people should just relax and enjoy the show as it is. 

But I also don't blame them for being insecure right now. The husband hunt is definitely making hardcore passionate shippers tired. I guess I am fortunate that I'm not a shipper so that I don't have to feel much agony over any small signs that are pointing towards the dooming of my ship. lol.

From the text preview, seems there will be some Dongryong scenes. Yay for more Dongryong.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, minibunny said:

Ah you're right, we shouldn't trust the preview, they always misleading us.. Maybe they're indeed moving away and then time jump?

haha i don't think anyone would trust the preview anymore they forever trolling big time as much as the future scene their purpose is to troll..

Reply is a troll series lol

• Like 6

So pardon my deluluness but really...is it just me or as much as Deoksun likes chasing after JH, she actually LOVES spending time with Taekie.

Some kind soul posted a beautiful love-triangle video on the main thread and I could not help but feel that she seems sooooooo much happier around Taekie. Always smiling or giggling or pulling his leg or just seeming more confident and relaxed and vibrant and lovely around him. Take a look:

1 hour ago, dododuk said:

I just have made a video for Jung Hwan,Deok Sun,Taek.Love both Jung Hwan and Taek,so I don't want anyone of them hurt :(

• Like 6

right now i think either the time jumps or some tremendous events happen involving all kinds of emotions including angst, breakdown, cry, sorrow, explosion and so on and problems can be solved, one by one, because when this kind of silence persists for too long, we as viewers get screwed up and exhausted too :( 

• Like 2

@salz this is such a beautiful and thoughtful post! you just made my day!

as for me, i wont be too upset if TK is not the husband. Because for me, the most important thing is the process, not the result. and here, we DS-taek shippers are blessed with such an endearing and beautiful scenes of our OTP. Taek-DS story is soo deep and meaningful

• Like 7

When I woke up this Friday, I felt so awesome cause yay! It's Reply 1988 weekend! 

Now though, I just felt kinda drained because of the husband hunt. The overall content of 1988 is wonderful. It's all well written and thoughtful and emotionally moving, BUT THE HUSBAND HUNT. It's so frustrating that they will draw this out to the end.

At least in 1997 it was obvious that Najung and Trash are the main OTP. However in 1988, the two boys are both in love with DS but in different ways so you can just root for them both and be happy no matter who ends with the girl. BUT AGAIN, DS OUR FEMALE LEAD DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE MOMENT OF REALIZATION YET. Najung had that moment when she realized that she was in love with Trash-oppa and from then on it was obvious he was the husband. 

In comparison, our DS have not have that moment yet. In episode 12 I thought she's beginning to have that moment of realization when Taek leaned on her and her expression went vulnerable. THEN THE SCENE FADE TO BLACK. It's like the scene suddenly went irrelevant to the progress of the story as there was no mention of it anymore from DS. But still I do think that that scene have a significant effect in their relationship. I think they are closer now in a way that no misunderstanding can ruin that "something" between them.

Sorry for the long rant guys, the last two episodes were a bit frustrating since there's only 6 episodes left.

• Like 5

Guest ngocdpb

I'm really crazy, ain't I? *crying*

I'll have French-speaking test tmr and now I'm sitting here, enjoying a Korean show, reading your English comments. Chincha!!! What am I doing??? Arrrggg....

AM1988's writer really know how to making people heartaches. :confounded:

2 hours ago, syaiira said:

ooo. that photo of Taek and Deoksun...there's the date written on the bottom. and guess what? it's on the right side where furture husband pointed out. I'm confused. But I'm pretty sure there will be an upcoming scene showing the photo with Junghwan with the date on the right side as well. Wow they love confusing and trolling the viewers don't they? lol

zI0AAcX.png

and I love Dongryong's advise to Deoksun. He is truly a wise one. I agree with him completely that while receiving love and having someone that likes you is a great feeling but the most important thing is your own heart. Who YOU like is the important thing. It is your own heart and feelings that you should consider the most.

I find it cute how both taek and seon have diaries

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

I think we can stay optimistic and hopeful  till next week. Taek is husband or not I can't believe how much quality screen time they gave him. You should see how he kinda threatened Bora lol I know it wasn't his intention but his voice was too serious it was hilarious scene. And DR proposed him when he brought pizza for them lol DR is viewers voice ^^ If we compare DS's scenes with boys 

DR>TK>JH interesting...

Also episode ended with TK/DS climax which is a good sign 

How did he kinda threatened bora?

whewwww ... just finished reading the live recaps on the main thread. I'm glad I made it out of there alive; it really is a state of emergency over there.

Zombie-Apocalypse-Zombie-Zombies.gif?gs=

Having felt similar worries when Taek was barely in episode 11, I do empathize with JH/DS shippers who are bleeding right now. But man oh man, that ship has so many assumptions and presumptions built into it, it's hard to see how they can flex their way through colder waters. When someone shared that JH/DS shippers were so sure a hot kiss will happen in ep 13, and that DS would become an actress under the stage name Soo Yeon and that JH would become a doctor and attend to her when she faints on set ... I was amused at the level of fanfic-ing going on, but knew it could not be helped when you pack a bunch of fervent shippers in the same boat.

But it is admittedly rude of them to call BR-SW boring or "stupid" when there are so many BR-SW shippers in the main thread. And then came the accusation that the writer favors PBG over RJY. And then all this presumptuous "MAIN OTP OMG MAIN OTP" when referring to JH/DS.

Excuse me, but I'd like to argue that this show doesn't even HAVE an "otp". Depending on your age, background, or preferences, your OTP could be SW-BR, Taekie Appa - SW Omma, the parents' marriages, JB-Man Ok, TK-DR, TK-SW, etc etc etc. For me, this is the charm of AM 1988. 

Because it is generous in its portrayal of the human heart.

Because it captures different forms of love.

Because it shows life in all its variables.  

• Like 20