Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@onlysb1

PBG is a really good microexpression actor ( his acting skills makes sense why he didnt go down the singing route), and i have noticed the director really like working with that skill of his and makes sense why he was casted as Taek...( and maybe all the tear/sad close ups that he does)

the angle is interesting because Tk does the same thing again before he leaves except that time the camera is further and his hand blocks Ds face, with this angle we get Ds face mostly and the tilt of her face staring up rather than eye level if the camera was closer, for me that serves two different purposes in portraying the feelings of the scene

------

regarding the older actors, I dont see how bora, ds, or the husband really match the younger counter parts ( husband is most like Dr imo)

• Like 8

Guest hien le
12 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

@onlysb1

PBG is a really good microexpression actor ( his acting skills makes sense why he didnt go down the singing route), and i have noticed the director really like working with that skill of his and makes sense why he was casted as Taek...( and maybe all the tear/sad close ups that he does)

the angle is interesting because Tk does the same thing again before he leaves except that time the camera is further and his hand blocks Ds face, with this angle we get Ds face mostly and the tilt of her face staring up rather than eye level if the camera was closer, for me that serves two different purposes in portraying the feelings of the scene

------

regarding the older actors, I dont see how bora, ds, or the husband really match the younger counter parts ( husband is most like Dr imo)

I agree with you that PBG is very good actor. His eyes express emotions very very good. Teak is hard character because he doesn't talk to much, almost everything express by his eyes. I review PBG last projects, I  cant believe teak's face can become evil, or noise boys.  But I don't see anything from teak in another film. I believe PBG will develop his career in the future 

I haven't watched this episode yet, and to avoid spoiling myself I haven't read any recap and tried to stay away from the main thread. But judging from the preview that someone translated on the main thread (yea I failed, can't resist to see what's going on there), DS was saying something along the line "DS: Why does nobody like me? (romantically). I guess I'm not allowed to be loved. I got it wrong this time again." Now I can fully understand why she's been acting that way towards JH. Her intention of throwing herself at JH is no different than what she did with SW. She wants to be in a relationship and date somebody. The need to be loved and feel wanted is so overwhelming. The pure pressure of having a bf, being with someone and getting that especial attention from some body that most teenage girls have to deal with is unreal, and DS as a 18 year-old girl is no different. JH at this point is some sort of a "summer fling" to DS whether she realizes it or not (well I doubt it, she'18 lol).

I'm so glad it was JH that her friends caught having feelings for her and not TK. Cux i'm pretty sure if they told her TK liked her she would do the same thing - mindlessly throw herself at him, and they'd probably be going in a circle like what's been going on with her and JH now. And it looks like she's gonna back down and stop coming at JH. So for this time around, hopefully she's gonna be extra careful, using her heart to feel the love and wisely observing before making any move towards any guy (please, let it be Taek). It probably sucks for Taek, but hey it's nothing wrong with taking it slow. 

To be honest with you guys, this love triangle is tiring me out haha T.T

• Like 11

so i dont know if anyone know about the psychology model "the five languages of Love" but its a useful thing for understanding close one's in real life and making characters that are realistic 

anyways the five things is  "gifts, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service (devotion), and physical touch (intimacy)"

now people enjoy all these things but tend to have a primary way they like to receive, and a top way they like to provide 

for Ds: I feel her main way of feeling loved  is words of affirmation and her primary way of providing is acts of service

for Tk: I feel his main way of feeling loved is acts of service and his primary way of providing is words of affirmation 

for Jh: I feel his main way of feeling loved is physical touch and primary way of providing is gifts.

now because these are characters tied to a manipulative narrative, its not easy to exactly pin point them to a primary function however, I do feel the above are quite close to each character and I provide my rationale in the spoiler underneath

Spoiler

so ill start with Ds: 

in the first episodes, she gets frustrated that no one in her family recognize her sacrifices as a middle child, and shows how she wishes to be more verbally recognized for what she does in the family and though you could argue her dad giving her the cake is an act of gift, i found his words that came along with the cake much more impactful on DS then that actual cake. The fact she is constantly called stupid by other feeds her need to be called pretty, and be wooed with the corny lines of a romance novel. I think her realtionship with Jh's dad goes so well because they both dont put each other down like the rest of the characters.  Again what people say *Cough* her friends *cough* affects her a lot. 

Now with Tk:

his father literally phrased it the best. He is a busy individual that had to grow up faster than the other kids ( remeber sw just lost his dad) and  in baduk, you have to act strong,mature and responsible. Hence, nothing for him is nicer then having someone there for him when he is exhausted and stressed.I feel like this point as been made very well by the scenes.

and finally Jh: 

He is a has cold front but a softie inside, a lot of insecurties stems from needing a partner that would actively show physically the status of their realtionship, ( it reminds me of SW in some ways as well) and also someone on this thread said they didnt see him as someone who would date a lot and I agree, because he wouldnt like the idea of previous things partners have done with other, and it also feeds into his more displays of assertive masculinity. 

~~~honestly, the more i was thinking i realized that Ds and Tk provide all 5 acts of love for each other pretty much...and goes to show a lot.

again people enjoy all five methods of showing affection but they tend to navigate to a certain one the most....Idk i remembered this after seeing the Tk and Ds scenes in ep 13, 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mangachickava said:

so i dont know if anyone know about the psychology model "the five languages of Love" but its a useful thing for understanding close one's in real life and making characters that are realistic 

anyways the five things is  "gifts, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service (devotion), and physical touch (intimacy)"

now people enjoy all these things but tend to have a primary way they like to receive, and a top way they like to provide 

for Ds: I feel her main way of feeling loved  is words of affirmation and her primary way of providing is acts of service

for Tk: I feel his main way of feeling loved is acts of service and his primary way of providing is words of affirmation 

for Jh: I feel his main way of feeling loved is physical touch and primary way of providing is gifts.

now because these are characters tied to a manipulative narrative, its not easy to exactly pin point them to a primary function however, I do feel the above are quite close to each character and I provide my rationale in the spoiler underneath

Hide contents

so ill start with Ds: 

in the first episodes, she gets frustrated that no one in her family recognize her sacrifices as a middle child, and shows how she wishes to be more verbally recognized for what she does in the family and though you could argue her dad giving her the cake is an act of gift, i found his words that came along with the cake much more impactful on DS then that actual cake. The fact she is constantly called stupid by other feeds her need to be called pretty, and be wooed with the corny lines of a romance novel. I think her realtionship with Jh's dad goes so well because they both dont put each other down like the rest of the characters.  Again what people say *Cough* her friends *cough* affects her a lot. 

Now with Tk:

his father literally phrased it the best. He is a busy individual that had to grow up faster than the other kids ( remeber sw just lost his dad) and  in baduk, you have to act strong,mature and responsible. Hence, nothing for him is nicer then having someone there for him when he is exhausted and stressed.I feel like this point as been made very well by the scenes.

and finally Jh: 

He is a has cold front but a softie inside, a lot of insecurties stems from needing a partner that would actively show physically the status of their realtionship, ( it reminds me of SW in some ways as well) and also someone on this thread said they didnt see him as someone who would date a lot and I agree, because he wouldnt like the idea of previous things partners have done with other, and it also feeds into his more displays of assertive masculinity. 

~~~honestly, the more i was thinking i realized that Ds and Tk provide all 5 acts of love for each other pretty much...and goes to show a lot.

again people enjoy all five methods of showing affection but they tend to navigate to a certain one the most....Idk i remembered this after seeing the Tk and Ds scenes in ep 13, 

i have heard about this model before, but thank you for calling our attention to this again. I do agree with your points and also, it only strenghens my belief that they were made for each other. Regardless if they will be endgame or not.

• Like 4

Cant wait for ep 14. Thank god we already get used to taek's little screen time beforehand lol:wub: he didnt get much but his scene was always meaningful and left a big impression. But taek is really on a roll nowadays haha me happy :wub: so far, "I love you writer:rolleyes:"

• Like 6

Hello fellow TAEK x DS Shippers :) I am a newbie here and I would like to say what I noticed :) at Ep. 11 and 12 I felt heartbroken because it seems like JH is the husband but I then I totally agree the quoted post below and to add I just noticed the similarities of Future husband's hairstyle and PBG hairstyle yah it may have a little look on JH but it fits more to TAEK

Embedded image permalink

On 12/8/2015 at 10:25 AM, minibunny said:

Hallooo all..Finally a thread for our Taek-Deoksun..Yay!

The reason I finally post in main thread because I think JH ship seems too force their opinion but not see other opinion regarding TK and since I am afraid to cause a shipping wars in the main thread, I am taking extra care what I said about JH..I hate shipping wars, been there done that..so I am glad we finally have this thread..

Anyway, it's not that I don't like JH..I get why people like him..But for me the whole JH-DS are too scripted, the typical korean drama lead..bickering-fighting..it's not that I against it, it just what I feel about TK-DS is more natural..Maybe both actor-actress have deliver an excellent acting portraying those characters..their chemistry are really good

I still think that TK is the husband based on all the clues.. 

1. The hubby actor (KJH) is left-hand like Taek (PBG)

2. Husband behavior are calmer to DS when fighting..when DS-JH fighting, they like to yell to each other and more aggressive, unlike DS-TK

3. TK is smoking.. Unless they show JH smoking too, TK is still on the lead in husband finding

4. In the future, they seem to interview the future DS-hubby about how they met, so the hubby must be famous. TK is the famous compare to the boys..Unless, JH become really famous in the future

5. They show the development of DS seeing TK as a man and they also show, how they met TK..

6. The scar in TK's forehead..they zoom in, I think this might be the major clue

7. The photo, the husband point the opposite of JH-DS's photo date..also the future DS said that "he must have liked me since then", it fits to TK because she knew that JH likes her before that..

8. The chocolate, if it's JH, he already know that DS like SW but the hubby didn't know. And he's so jealous..27 years too late to be jealous

9. Husband clothes are more to TK style. JH wears something warm, even in the house. Because he has weak antibody, he even scold DS when she wears skirt because it's going to be cold.

10. DS overprotective towards TK is weird (in my perceptive), in the drama they show us twice that DS reject her friends to see him.. once is okay but twice? why they have to emphasize that much?

11. Just my opinion, the reason they show us TK-DS in TVN twitter,fb,instagram,youtube because they are the lead..but I might be wrong..and also when DS choose TK's gift than JH's gift means that she's more towards TK than JH..

What do you all think? Sorry for long post..I can't help it..I love my Taekie hehe 

Edit: Is it only me? I feel like DS behavior towards TK is like JH towards DS.. JH scold her because she wears skirt in the winter and also DS looks she doesn't care for TK but she actually really care (china scene) just like JH to DS.. 

• Like 5

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Deok Sun falls for anyone who likes her. It's not her normal nature to, but she's just at the age where she wants someone to like her. I'm close to her age, and I can say that when you're in your teen years, you just want someone to like you, and it doesn't matter who it is. You see everyone all coupled up, with the person they like, but you're all alone. This would definitely trigger a person to want someone to tell them they like her/him too. Deok Sun, right now is in that position. She isn't necessarily focused on who she likes, but more who likes her and whoever likes her, she would like because she wants a boyfriend. This is actually why I believe Taek is the one she ends up with, thus there are so many scenes that show their connection. In the preview, it shows Deok Sun questioning her own feelings after Dong Ryong asks her who she likes. I think it's going to go down like this:

Junghwan angers Deok Sun by hiding his feelings
Deok Sun no longer believes Junghwan likes her

Later:

Taek tells Deok Sun he likes someone, but he doesn't actually confess yet
Deok Sun leaves Taek's house and sees Dong Ryong
She either 1. tells Dong Ryong about her situation and how she's frustrated about Taek liking someone or 2. She begins to complain about how Taek has someone he likes, and ends up telling Dong Ryong her situation
Dong Ryong then asks who she likes, Junghwan(the guy she thought liked her) or Taek(the guy she thinks likes a different girl)
This then makes Deok Sun confused, leaving her not knowing who she likes

Then we have the time skip, where Deok Sun can either begin to develop actual feelings towards Junghwan or she will realize her love for Taek.
I'm believing in the latter because it makes more sense, considering the way the story is being told:
Anti-climatic in regards to Junghwan and Deok Sun
Sweet and deep moments between Taek and Deok Sun
Climax occurs when Taek half confesses to Deok Sun

Rather than looking at the colour theory and trying to analyze all of their actions, looking at the way the story is set up from a viewer's pov causes the story to make more sense. We're not the pd or the writer, we can't actually know what they're planning, we're the viewers, we should be able to tell by breaking down the plot-the only thing us viewers can see clearly.

If Junghwan and Deok Sun were meant to end up together, the concert would have been a very important part and we probably would have seen something big happening then, but we got nothing. If we stop believing someone is the lead and come up with theories surrounding the "lead", the story becomes pretty clear. 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think Deok Sun falls for anyone who likes her. It's not her normal nature to, but she's just at the age where she wants someone to like her. I'm close to her age, and I can say that when you're in your teen years, you just want someone to like you, and it doesn't matter who it is. You see everyone all coupled up, with the person you like, but you're all alone. This would definitely trigger a person to want someone to tell them they like her/him too. Deok Sun, right now is in that position. She isn't necessarily focused on who she likes, but more who likes her and whoever likes her, she would like because she wants a boyfriend. This is actually why I believe Taek is the one she ends up with, thus there are so many scenes that show their connection. In the preview, it shows Deok Sun questioning her own feelings after Dong Ryong asks her who she likes. I think it's going to go down like this:

Junghwan angers Deok Sun by hiding his feelings
Deok Sun no longer believes Junghwan likes her

Later:

Taek tells Deok Sun he likes someone, but he doesn't actually confess yet
Deok Sun leaves Taek's house and sees Dong Ryong
She either 1. tells Dong Ryong about her situation and how she's frustrated about Taek liking someone or 2. She begins to complain about how Taek has someone he likes, and ends up telling Dong Ryong her situation
Dong Ryong then asks who she likes, Junghwan(the guy she thought liked her) or Taek(the guy she thinks likes a different girl)
This then makes Deok Sun confused, leaving her not knowing who she likes

Then we have the time skip, where Deok Sun can either begin to develop actual feelings towards Junghwan or she will realize her love for Taek.
I'm believing in the latter because it makes more sense, considering the way the story is being told:
Anti-climatic in regards to Junghwan and Deok Sun
Sweet and deep moments between Taek and Deok Sun
Climax occurs when Taek half confesses to Deok Sun

Rather than looking at the colour theory and trying to analyze all of their actions, looking at the way the story is set up from a viewer's pov causes the story to make more sense. We're not the pd or the writer, we can't actually know what they're planning, we're the viewers, we should be able to tell by breaking down the plot-the only thing us viewers can see clearly.

If Junghwan and Deok Sun were meant to end up together, the concert would have been a very important part and we probably would have seen something big happening then, but we got nothing. If we stop believing someone is the lead and come up with theories surrounding the "lead", the story becomes pretty clear. 

Aaaaaah because people like you i love this thread:wub:

• Like 7

Episode 13 is so daebak!!! So worth the wait ^^

Things I want to point out about this episode: Taek and DS-appa both call DS by her real name rather than Soo Yeon and I think that's a good sign, still haven't noticed if Jung Hwan is the same. Soooo happy that there's a lot of SunTaek moments! Jung Bong hyung and Mi Ok are so cute! Glad to see that she's finally out of the hospital in the next episode. I think its cute that instead of the girl being upset most of the time in the relationship, its the opposite in the case of Sun Woo and Bo Ra. Their moments are cute too. I chuckled when BR's chingus treated SW like how the neighborhood treats Jin Joo and TK; like a baby hehe. Now relating anout the color theory, I'm no genius but if TK is really green then I think this episode gives a lot of good signs. There were lots of green things in this episode from the clothes pin to TK's padlock, their kitchen and front gate and more! And when TK gave his grand prize to DS made me go wow because that's like a really big move. Too bad DS didn't know it's worth til No Eul told her. I personally think this is one of the best episodes in this series. I missed seeing the ummas in the bench and am really glad to see them back there. All the family bonding moments were tugging my heartstrings. I was teary eyed for a lot of scenes even tho I could barely understand a thing (that just shows how great actors they are). But the part that got me is the flashback with mr. Choi. At first it was the regular teary eyed feeling but as the scene went on I couldn't help my tears and ended up crying so much. The dads are real supermans in this episode, it was really touching to see DS appa try his best to assure his wife that things will be ok and JH appa was cute with his antics of trying to fix the things that break around their house. It's nice to see that he is the one being called out for help around the house for a change. If madam Mi Ran is superwoman then her husband is the superman of their family :) and oh! The preview omggggggg looks like DS will finally know about uri Taekie's feelings. I know that the preview is a troll so I'm guessing that things will go like this; JH acts like he doesn't care about DS (or something of that sort) and they fight. Then DS goes "no one loves me" and then Taekie will tell her about him planning to confess to "someone" (I wonder who? >:3) then maybe it'll make DS feel uneasy and then maybe~ both JH and TK confess to her in the same day which will make her all confused and counsellor Dong Ryongie arrives at the right moment and talks to DS about her situation and asks the big question, JH or TK? And there'll probably be a moment between SW and TK asking why he likes DS (hopefully they're in bed like before hehe) aaand not quite sure about BR but I think she's planning something and it takes a lot of courage for her to tell her loved ones (parents and SW) aaaaand that's it for me hehehe I immediately wrote this after watching the episode so now I'm gonna browse through all your posts :D Have a nice day everyone!!

• Like 8

When Taek asked DS and SW if its ok if he loses, I think it could be a foreshadowing that he'll lose to JH :( but its also nice to see that they both said it is ok. He's been in a lot of pressure and for him to know that its alright if he loses helps relieve tension. Also, what if in the part where SW asks why TK likes DS, she accidentally hears about it and that'll make her confused??? I am excited but very nervous for today's episode. It feels like a "this is it" moment but I don't want to think it that way. The episode might turn out differently that expected.

• Like 5

Guys, why was there so much emphasis placed on the green lock? I've only watched this ep raw but I felt like there was too much focus on the lock. I get that it is green and the cabinet itself is yellow, but what does Taek keep in it that it has to be locked inside a house where he lives with just his father? I don't know if there is supposed to be symbolic value to it or if it is trying to tell us quite literally that there's something Taekie keeps hidden in it...

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

Guys, why was there so much emphasis placed on the green lock? I've only watched this ep raw but I felt like there was too much focus on the lock. I get that it is green and the cabinet itself is yellow, but what does Taek keep in it that it has to be locked inside a house where he lives with just his father? I don't know if there is supposed to be symbolic value to it or if it is trying to tell us quite literally that there's something Taekie keeps hidden in it...

I was actually wondering about that too (wow this drama is turning us into Sherlock Holmes or Conan lol.) Maybe it's his important stuff like bank accounts? Granted he only lives with his father but considering his room is like a neighborhood space, so better be safe than sorry I guess lol. 

BTW, DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE NIGHTMARE-INDUCED DOLLS IN SW'S MOM'S ROOM?? It's the exact same ones as the ones in TK's room....

Screen_Shot_2015_12_19_at_1_06_57_AM.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, RmiUmi said:

BTW, DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE NIGHTMARE-INDUCED DOLLS IN SW'S MOM'S ROOM?? It's the exact same ones as the ones in TK's room....

Screen_Shot_2015_12_19_at_1_06_57_AM.jpg

LOL! You're right about us Sherlocking away like pros. :D

Yellow, green, red...hmm...what could this possibly mean? *scratches forehead*

Did you guys notice them in the hospital (Mi-ok's room) at the end of ep 12 as well? They're seen only in passing next to a vase/bouquet of flowers, but they're there alright! Why, why are they everywhere? As long as they were on DS's table, I felt like they were giving some crucial clue/commentary. Now I'm not sure anymore.

• Like 3