Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I just rewatched my favorite scenes and tried to savor them before the iceberg...(Celine Dion might have been playing in the background )

Where ever the winds take us, I really enjoyed this thread as it was right during my finals and I needed someplace that had funny jokes, cute gifs, and beautiful poem-essays 

https://youtu.be/l_orhAUQXeE for all the memories T.T 

• Like 6

Random thoughts before I head to bed...I think DS's family is moving abroad...or at least BR and DS. There was a conversation between DS and Appa that they almost paid off their debt and they'll move to a new place. So what I think will happen is that the debt are paid off, BR got a scholarship to study in US (maybe stay with her uncle?) and takes DS along (when she graduate HS) with her so she can go to college (yay) in US too, while the rest of the fam move to a new place. Or the entire fam immigrate to US. Then DS ended up study and graduate from college in US and come back to Korea, which would fit a 4 year time skip (assuming they move in 1990). 

But guys....I feel like there'll be some angst moments ahead....I've been telling myself it'll happen at some point but I don't want to see our puppy sad T_T (I can't handle his teary eyes)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RmiUmi said:

Random thoughts before I head to bed...I think DS's family is moving abroad...or at least BR and DS. There was a conversation between DS and Appa that they almost paid off their debt and they'll move to a new place. So what I think will happen is that the debt are paid off, BR got a scholarship to study in US (maybe stay with her uncle?) and takes DS along (when she graduate HS) with her so she can go to college (yay) in US too, while the rest of the fam move to a new place. Or the entire fam immigrate to US. Then DS ended up study and graduate from college in US and come back to Korea, which would fit a 4 year time skip (assuming they move in 1990). 

But guys....I feel like there'll be some angst moments ahead....I've been telling myself it'll happen at some point but I don't want to see our puppy sad T_T (I can't handle his teary eyes)

I actually don't think her family will immigrate (funnily enough I am preparing for immigration right now lol), this's the story of her and her friends, I just can't see they throw her family away and make a time skip like that. Because making them immigrate, then later the 3 kids all come back to Korea and live there just doesn't make sense to me. Probably only BR studied abroad.

I also think about the possibility DS is a celebrity, it makes most sense she has an interview but the way her husband sit/ BR came and smoke/ NE came visit don't look like it's an interview at all. I am thinking about they're telling their kids their story? Like How I met your mother

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

I just rewatched my favorite scenes and tried to savor them before the iceberg...(Celine Dion might have been playing in the background )

Where ever the winds take us, I really enjoyed this thread as it was right during my finals and I needed someplace that had funny jokes, cute gifs, and beautiful poem-essays 

https://youtu.be/l_orhAUQXeE for all the memories T.T 

that, my friend, is what I've been doing all day lol. (sigh too much free time -_-) 

but wherever the drama will take us, it's ok. We'll cruise through with this ship together along with everyone!! (But put a life vest on  and brace yourself lol)

• Like 2

I love this thread! I was so happy when I saw that it was finally created after spending so much time lurking the main thread. I wish I created this account a long time ago because there are plenty of things I've been dying to say, but I was busy with school. I'm here now though. Finally. Lol.

Anyways, I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the present Taek has for Deoksun. It might be something grand like getting her a private tutor to help her get into college or something simple like buying her a new pair of shoes so she can have more than one pair (the latter pulls at my heartstrings the most ;;). These are just random thoughts. Whatever the gift is, I'm sure it will be sweet/heartfelt. If it's not, then maybe this gift will serve as a funny moment between our comedic duo :)

• Like 7

Few hours more... Ep.13 will roll..but before that, hmmmm..my guess is: 

I'm not sure which come first concert or another trip of TK/DS ..But if concert , Taek might found out the crush feeling of DS to JH, and JH feelings for DS..then their Trip will be farewell trip , he will confess and at the same time say goodbye and let her on what makes her happy (guys this is just temporary separation, maybe he will enlist military w/ DR)

or if other way around that trip come first before concert , he will give the best and another memorable trip to DS and in concert he might confess and at the same time says his goodbyes... Let DS do what makes her happy..besides she's just a normal teenager..

he will give DS time..then DS will realized everything when Taek is not around..she will weigh her feelings with much maturity.. And found out that JH might let her experience to feel of first crush/likes but Taek is the one that really occupied her heart,all along its Taek..

It's always Taek..then Reunited with Taek..a very cool and worth waiting for...TAEK..

pardon my wishful thingking!hahahaha^^

• Like 7

Guest gerimisore

I wish the trip comes after the concert. Just because, you know, save the best for the last :D  And I don't know why but I really want Taek to understand this love triangle situation quickly.  I'm curious as to how he will handle this. After all Taek is not your 'normal' 18 y.o teenager. As many of you said, he appears to be more grown up than the rest of the squad. I also doubt Taek will run away just because he finds out about Deoksun and Junghwan. I believe he's more mature than that.

About the possibility of Sung family moving abroad, I find this conversation between Mama Kim and Deoksun's eomma interesting.

12373378_10205195579481031_6330233485989

I also think it's Bora who has high possibility of studying abroad. And also remember:

12369096_10205195643682636_2833453946205

Does it mean after turning 20, Deoksun will move somewhere?

--

Just a few more hours, guys! >< I'm thinking of skipping reading recaps or coming here today because I can never enjoy the subbed videos after reading the spoilers. BUT I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE  IT TILL TUESDAY (T__T) I need to know what happen to Taek. I need to know that he's gonna be fine (and healthy! what is that medicine for, really). And also the gift! What is it?

So, should I come here? Should I not? *insert Zac Efron meme*

Hi guys. Been a crazy wk for me but coming here to read is a must. Love all the CSI posts.

Wat i hope for ep 13 n 14. PD will throw a curve ball, so i kinda of waiting for tat. Althou i love to see Taek being more aggressive or confess to DS. His sad scene in preview, i dun wan him to be sad so mayb he saw JH DS come home from concert or know JH feelings.

Possibility of enlistment, ok with DR. I would like Sung family to continue staying in the block, mayb a upgrade since you galz point out debt paid soon. Worried if Sung family moved then lessen chances of the 5 meeting. Taek dad only went back to see his best fren during funeral. If  Taek enlist, then coming home n see DS n let her see him change n realise him as a man.

Btw, will you gals be recapping tis evening? I would probably be able to log on late tonite.

Random tot. Was watching ep7 secret santa, DS never say who she buy gift for. JB buy for NoRul, ? NoRul for JB? SW BR santa pair. Taek for DS. Silly tot really cos on 24dec aft snow ma  done, we saw Sung parents sleeping then SW BR and DS waiting for Taek. If SW BR pair off then couple Sung parents, couple SW BR and so couple Taek DS? wan to know who is everyone santa cos of their its fate get married chant.

Reading the interviews of writer or staff n Choi dad, i wan believe it is PD trolling. Bit disheartened. Sink or sail i am staying anchored to tis ship.

• Like 3

@gerimisore.  I agree I also doubt Taek's sadness was about JH and DS. I think he is mature enough to handle  that kind of situation, just talking things out with JH will be enough for him to see what's coming next. Maybe it could happen in ep 14?

What are you curious about Chingu , if you want I can pm answers for you^^

By the way don't you think Taek is the one waiting for Soo Yeon to grow up so he can marry her?

• Like 2

I do keep checking the main thread for updates about the series but I think because here most of the people already know that taek's possibilities are quite slim,we can discuss comfortably about how the characters roll.I want to talk a bit about jh,and how despite he being not my favorite for deok sun,I find him funny in a cool,distant way =/.Though have to say it took me long to shed my aversion towards the character.Firstly because I've come around people like jh,and they're hard to communicate with.And because there have not been anyone in my friend zone like him,so I dint have the chance to melt the ice and be friendly at the first place.So maybe that was the reason why I dint take an instant liking to his character,but slowly because the way he is with his parents,or his friends made him quite unique as a character,like how he does not have much to say to his mom,or how he awkwardly tries to pacify his dad,[going along with his weird clapping game afterall at one night],I can relate to that ,coming from a family where my father is also kind of weird with his manners and all,=|.But then again maybe sometimes I have also tried [like he did] to make amend with his ways,so that was refreshing to experience.Also his friendship with his gangs or how he tried to persuade sun woo to join the game,was so natural but in his own way,or how he says that the senior hyung is a good guy,because he never smokes.So he has his own perception about how everything goes and that;s a strong individual character,different from the others in a sense.And honestly the bickering he had with deok sun,now that I remember [even the one which goes way back before the alley scene happened],when he called her ugly with her olympic trial dress on,or when he pushed her on the tub,was seriously some spontaneous laugh inducing strokes,except it all washed down the drain in the alley with his sudden arrival of attention towards deok sun after the night at the school trip.And the writer took a complete 180 degree turn here,and turned him into a mushy and hapless romantic,which he was never in the first place.So does it mean people who have impressive charm/characteristics are most mundane or normal people of all? While people we take as the most conventional ones end up being the unusual/different sorts?[like the guy cth was in producers or for example here as taek].

I wish the writer gave more depth on jh,to show why he is the way he is,but infact we never really saw him grow,after the first scene which quite made me look at him,which goes back to the first scene on the neighbor hood,where he goes around nodding the same way days after day,to his mom,in front of the moms,and never taking the time to ask about her day.That maybe was the first stepping stone to make him a special character[ I was way too busy then to look at sun woo lol,so that scene was lost in the lot].But now that I think about it,maybe he had the potential to be a great hero,but somehow it was never taken to the next level.Maybe he has a better chemistry with bora,or who knows deok sun's other friend,whom he talked to on the day at mcdonalds,who knows.It's  just that a character as original as him would be interested in a girl just for her looks or appearance,just seems 'off'..I don't know.Or maybe this is just a way of saying that people we expect the most to be different,ends up being the most predictable one.Sorry for the rant..=/

• Like 6

@nearsea.  I get your point, in fact JH's character quite easy to figure out and he is quite open book if you know how to read. He is shy and introverted type so it's extra hard for him to show affection thus we can see it in how he picks  on Soo Yeon when there are other people around and his relationship with his mom. But there's this difference with his mom also having  same aspects they understand each other in contrast SY  wants affectionate type relationship at least for now. JH kinda missed his chance to approach SY firstly because of his own insecurities, then confidence then again for peace in their quarter  lol. That's why I'd said writer assassinate his character. He just needed to ask help from anyone but he didn't which makes him look too passive and coward to across the lines. Now whatever excuse writers intends  to give us I won't forget the times while he'd sunken into his own misery he has become inconsiderate towards his love interest. He is not mature enough to see what he is doing now is not sacrifice or anything it's just that he doesn't seem to know or try another way around which is a shame if he turns out to be husband. I think he can make happy any girl once he reaches his twenties but I'm not sure about SY ^^ About chemistry though I believe actor himself has this manly charm but since JH's character immature and their couple moments seems cheesy to me(except cramp-meow scene and dinner table joking feast) I can't fully support him and Taek's arc doesn't help too ^^ 

• Like 5

Guest gerimisore

@onlysb1 yeah, i think so too. I doubt Taek will throw a tantrum and run away after finding out his two best friends have a crush on each other. He can handle that kind of matter in a more mature way (I suppose). Also, I don't think it's about his father and SW's mom either. It's probably about baduk. Or perhaps he suddenly remember his mom. Or perhaps it's about something completely unpredictable. Or perhaps he's indeed running away. LOL. You can never really guess Taek. He's a bundle full of surprises. An enigma.

Ah, I'm curious about anything that happen to our Taekie! (I'll watch the family parts when the subbed videos are released. Their interaction is funnier and more touching if I know nothing prior watching it). So, I'll probably lurk here and avoid the main thread :D

About Taek waiting for SY, yes to that! I really hope so. I do believe he's the man who will love her unconditionally, for the rest of his life. You know, the type of guy that you want to spend your life with. A lifetime companion. All the bickering and cheesy stuffs are exciting when you're young. After all, that what makes young love feels nostalgic as you grow up. You will miss its blazing passion, silliness and craziness. But as people grow older, I think we will tend to seek something more than just 'love'. Something that will give us mutual comfort, respect and understanding rather than the one that constantly makes us swooning from the sweetness and dying from the push and pull. 'Cause no matter how heart-fluttering the young love is, sooner or later we'll get tired of it. For a relationship that will continue to blossom with time, you need more than just love and the cheesy bits to withstand. Because sometimes love is not only about the grand gestures. It can also camouflage as something very mundane. You know, that kind of love that is both ordinary and extraordinary.

(gaaaaaah, it's so cheesy i'm gonna die x__x)

--

Am I the only who's not rushing on the kiss scene? If they want to do it this episode, cool. If they want to delay it, okay. We will get it no matter what 'tho :s

42 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

this episode sounds boring and kinda draggy from what I read

Father's episode ^^ The return of superman indeed. Sy's father became doting husband, TK's father and JJ lovely as always he is good at repairing things , JH's father bringing troubles and laugher  at the same time. That's it for now. Taek've gone to Japan oh no accident :/  He is safe thank god his father too calm 

omg in fact his father scared to death while taek was in shower 

loooool JB looks handsome 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Father's episode ^^ The return of superman indeed. Sy's father became doting husband, TK's father and JJ lovely as always he is good at repairing things , JH's father bringing troubles and laugher  at same time. That's it for know. Taek've gone toJapan oh no accident :/ 

Even though stilll no progress in their love line, I am satisfied with this episode from what I read in the main thread.

I am also glad Taek didn't cry because of DS-JH nor the news of his dad and SW's mom. I love how the writer makes Taek stay consistent with his character from the beginning until now, because no matter what theory we came up with over last week, I just couldn't imagine Taek as someone who cries over love or leaves house to protest agaist his dad's love life

• Like 4

haha so Taek's special gift is a pot he got from his competition

He's so silly, and DS uses it to make kimchi, they're such a pair I swear

They said Taek'd confess tmr, idk if I want it or not

Oh, Taek told DS he had someone he liked and he would confess, omg I hope this would make DS jealous

• Like 6

Where was the over hyped concert or the date that netizen have been going gaga over the past few days? Lol the writer have their own thoughts in mind.I think by now it's proven that nobody is a so called lead in this drama.Though rjy got so much attention from the public,but I think all the actors in the drama deserve the credit of this success as much as him,especially ds and taek's father,and all the other parents,rest of the friend gang,no eul,jung bong,even little jin joo. 

• Like 5

finally i was able to watched the live streaming, my charger's laptop is left in my class today. So i'm worried that i cant watch the live this night. But finally my super nice's friend lended me her laptop. Hahaha 

So excited about tomorrow episode by the way!

Taek's so funny. he gave DS the pot he got from his competition. OMG Choi's family are so funny :w00t:

• Like 3