Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

8 hours ago, mrsparkbogum said:

I think our girl Deoksunnie has been enchanted by CT long before she even realized it!

Welcome, welcome!  I was also late to the Reply scene, but it is amazing and great to find all these amazing fans with so much insight.  Regarding the above, you need to backread this thread and see all the interesting theories regarding this.

Also check out the discussions regarding your theory in the episode rewatch threads in taek's room http://taeksroom.com.  There are some really high level discussions going on there.

• Like 7

Hello! It's my first time to post here.

I loved the chemistry of PBG and Hyeri in REply 1988!

I wonder if there have been explanations or theories of why Duk Seon and Jung Hwan were missing in action during the wrong news broadcasted about the Taek being on the Tokyo-bound plane that crashed? Their absence really baffled me because it would have been the perfect  EUREKA moment  for Duk Seon to realize that she loved Taek.

• Like 8

A question.... i' m wondering the gold turtle Taek used to propose to DS, was it another one of his winning trophy?  Like the winning bowl trophy he gave to DS as a gift to DS.....after all he has this habit of taking a step further or making progress of his relationship with DS after winning a game. So could this also means he has just won a big match & used his golden turtle trophy to propose to DS, who doesn't seem really impress, becos she prefers his "I love you' better?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, lxands said:

A question.... i' m wondering the gold turtle Taek used to propose to DS, was it another one of his winning trophy?  Like the winning bowl trophy he gave to DS as a gift to DS.....after all he has this habit of taking a step further or making progress of his relationship with DS after winning a game. So could this also means he has just won a big match & used his golden turtle trophy to propose to DS, who doesn't seem really impress, becos she prefers his "I love you' better?

No, I don't think so.  That doesn't seem like something they would give out in a baduk competition.  A cup or even kimchi pot yes, a turtle no.  He did receive a Lexus, much like the real Lee Changho, LOL.

I think Taek actually thought about what would be meaningful as a token of his love for his proposal.  He actually went out and bought it.  Taek has said he has no knowledge of what gifts to buy people.  He got his dad pink mittens.  For Deok Sun, the love of his life, he got something that represents eternal love.  Taek has an unusual way at looking at the world and thinking through things.  Thus the unusual proposal "ring."  I actually quite like his turtle proposal.  It's unique to him and quite meaningful.

• Like 12

This post is for those people who still questions who Sung Deoksun's FIRST LOVE is.

When I was in elementary and high school, I don't like it when people tease me especially if it has something to do with the one I love. So what I do, I make a code name for that special person and this is what I believe Deoksun did too. Her first love is no other than TOM CRUISE. She even made that name-number game with his name. So who's Tom Cruise? 

TC.jpg

So for those of you that still believes that DS's first love is Sunwoo, think again. It's our Taekie for he is THE CHOSEN ONE!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Grace1003 said:

I wonder if there have been explanations or theories of why Duk Seon and Jung Hwan were missing in action during the wrong news broadcasted about the Taek being on the Tokyo-bound plane that crashed? Their absence really baffled me because it would have been the perfect  EUREKA moment  for Duk Seon to realize that she loved Taek.

Deoksun went out to meet her friend Johyun (see below) and I think Junghwan went out to study(?) I can't find it properly in the episode tho lol. 

vlcsnap-2016-03-17-15h02m41s872.png

Interesting you pointed that out as a Eureka moment, coz I was hoping to see that scene too. Hey maybe we'll get it in the DVD? *wishful thinking*

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Grace1003 said:

Welcome!

Story-wise we can guess more or less highlight of episode has to be Taek and Superman Fathers that's why  Deok Sun and Junghwan were not allowed to appear concerned at the moment in case it would have changed main focus. And afterwards obviously it wasn't needed, EUREKA moment so to speak. Deok Sun never have her EUREKA moment regarding Taek for a reason you see Taek has always been in her heart but it was tangled and without magic trick Taek has to unravel everything Deok Sun misunderstood or misinterpreted about him. That's what opened up Deok Sun's heart. I've one analysis about this based on ep19 but it's elsewhere so give me some time to compile  ^^ 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kepogee said:

Deoksun went out to meet her friend Johyun (see below) and I think Junghwan went out to study(?) I can't find it properly in the episode tho lol. 

Interesting you pointed that out as a Eureka moment, coz I was hoping to see that scene too. Hey maybe we'll get it in the DVD? *wishful thinking*

Thank you for the input about going to her friend. My take on this  is that since it's only Episode 13, it would have been too early for that discovery to be shown to viewers. The funny thing is that Duk Seon, for her gregarious personality, was not one to express her feelings in relation to love. At most, we get to know through her diary, thanks to Bora's intrusion.   Her  two friends twice had to tell her (one rightly and the other mistakenly) that a guy likes her but Sun Woo was right in saying she was dense when it comes to picking up hints that someone likes her.  I think the  mindset Duk Seon has that "She is someone who doesn't deserved to be loved" was so deeply ingrained in her system. Unless someone verbally expressed and made motion (which leaves no doubt in Duk Seon's mind) that he likes her, she will not believe. That is why Taek won her heart in the end.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

Welcome!

Story-wise we can guess more or less highlight of episode has to be Taek and Superman Fathers that's why  Deok Sun and Junghwan were not allowed to appear concerned at the moment in case it would have changed main focus. And afterwards obviously it wasn't needed, EUREKA moment so to speak. Deok Sun never have her EUREKA moment regarding Taek for a reason you see Taek has always been in her heart but it was tangled and without magic trick Taek has to unravel everything Deok Sun misunderstood or misinterpreted about him. That's what opened up Deok Sun's heart. I've one analysis about this based on ep19 but it's elsewhere so give me some time to compile  ^^ 

Good point about staying focused on the "Superman" theme. Since this scriptwriter is known to write purposefully, I just wonder if she  had reasons why the two were not around at a critical moment in Taek's life. I found it strange that after the fact, there was no mention of their part---Duk Seon and Jung Hwan toward Taek---regarding the incident.

• Like 3

@gerimisoreI've been caught up with a lot of things in real life so I haven't had time to comment on our fan art entries early this week..I've been a really big fan of your art works early on and man your TaekSun entry especially just blew me away! It perfectly encapsulates the daintiness, whimsy and purity of the love of our TaekSun couple through the years. Only a masterful artist with such heart, depth and a keen eye for quirky details (love TK's trademark slouch and DS' effervescence --  I can tell she's grinning in one of those) like you could only pull off. Your love, hard work and dedication paid off. I am looking forward to see more of your works and see you grow and succeed as an artist even more.

@hafunohaneYou're Blue Marble game is ingenious and so are you. No one can argue that there was a lot of love, thought, and hard work put into the board game. And talent to boot. And seriously, if you put a price tag on the game no one will bat an eyelash, we'll buy it. The proceeds will totally cover your wedding dowry to Bogum and more :lol: And what would this ship be without you, steering this ship in the right course?

All in all, awesome job to both of you and especially everyone behind making the coolest and most intellectual piece of entry yet, I know there's more to come..

SunTaek Fighting!!! :heart:

• Like 11

16 hours ago, lxands said:

I don't think the turtle was a trophy... I personally feel like Taek's proposal is his response to their earlier conversation in 1994 when she was convincing him to hold off on telling their parents about their relationship.  

• 1994 Conversation
    • DS: I'm confident my feelings won't change, aren't you?
    • DS: Taek, I trust you. Does our relationship seem like it's going to change easily?
    • DS: I won't change.
  • 1996 Proposal (I'm assuming it's 1996 cause DS tells us they dated for 2 years)
    • DS: What is this?
    • T: A turtle.
    • DS: What does it mean?
    • T: Eternal love.

I noticed in the '94 scene we didn't really see or hear him directly reply to DS in the car that he feels the same way but he proposes with a symbol of eternal love, which feels like a response to that and a promise.

And, also this pattern:

• 1994 Conversation
    • DS: I'll give you a present for doing this.
    • DS, leans in: I love you.
    • Taek gives up, totally slayed by that confession, and DS laughs
  • 1996 Proposal
    • DS: You said you'd be proposing. Is this the end (of the proposal)?
    • T: No.
    • After a pause, T: Deok Sun-ah, I love you.
    • Taek and DS laughs.

Plus, both moments happen with them in the same car, same alley and with DS driving and Taek at the passenger's seat.

• Like 13