Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

The immaculate artworks with the integration of SunTaek's favorite games from Reply 1988 reflect remarkable ingenuity and professionalism.

The simplistic colors in the "Blue Marble" board game accentuate the pristine details of the entire piece. I can feel the blood, sweat, and tears that went into its creation, which is respectfully impressive.

Marvelous job!

@ebullient Wow, what an honor to have you stop by our small room! :) Thank you so much for your kind words... on behalf of the entire taektanium i just want to express our gratitude for getting the green light to participate even with a closed thread before. know that we are very appreciative of the staff's decisions and hardwork behind the scene. 

glad you took notice of our minimalistic colorful approach. yellow and green are our couple's colors in the drama and we intentionally left this part out but as we have mentioned before about their love spanning seasons, we also try to capture that with our entries so far via our transition from the spring pink and pastel hues in our first entry to brighter shades of yellow, peach and green to reflect summer for this second round. 

once again we're soooo happy to see your post! and i'm a hugger sooo HUGGGGSSSSSS <3

• Like 12

NOT ENOUGH GOOD JOBS TO ALL THOSE WHO WORKED ON THIS ROUND 2 ENTRY. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. 

The actual board game is so innovative and I love how it ties in with the reply 1988 universe. Our entries have been consistent to the core of our OTP. You guys are the best!!

Here's married Deoksun and Taek for everyone!

CdeBTKjVAAE9_rZ.jpg

• Like 18

2jBiyxR.jpg?zoom=2&resize=614%2C614

And I just love the illustrations here. They are so delightfully refined and carefully detailed, like, the 1978 DS' chubby thighs, plaid shirt and heart earrings,  the infamous Bora jacket worn by the 1988 DS, the folded hem of 1989 DS' pants, and the green slipper while she was "bridal-carried" by TK, and the thought bubble of 1995 TK. 

I also like how you drew the circular pattern as a recurring theme on the grid of the baduk board. You captured the essence of their relationship well. I love how DS' quirky proposal over milk was answered by TK's own quirky proposal with turtle. And did you notice? Both proposals were given in a light-hearted fashion, DS patting TK's butt, and TK saying "saranghae" with a smile, AND both proposals received a "Huh?" reaction. lol.  

Thanks for doing this precious artwork for the team, @gerimisore.  

• Like 19

Anyone here writes fanfics or make fanvids? I badly need Suntaek fanfics/fanvids right now. I miss them. Fanfics and fanvids are two ways to lessen that. If you're too shy to broadcast your works... you can pm me the links. Please? I really hope someone would reply to this post. :dissapointed::dissapointed::dissapointed::dissapointed::dissapointed:

• Like 7

Hello everyone!

We can all agree that people who are still going to this thread love this show ardently - like we do. A bunch of Reply 1988 enthusiasts and I, collaborated to make this website possible. It's been tough trying to put up this site in between work but it wouldn't be possible without the help of the fam. 

We proudly present the Reply 1988 fanmade website, by the international Fans for the international Fans.

This site aims to spread the reply 1988 love and show our appreciation to PD Shin, Writer Lee, and all the cast and crew!

Read up on the analysis done by people on this thread and browse through the theories made! This is the drama that keeps on giving. deconstructing and decoding the it has been a joy for us everytime we found easter eggs. 

And to use the words our beloved brother Jungbong, "Enjoy~"

Go to www.reply1988.com now!!!

CTz2LTGUEAAg8gY.jpg

• Like 23

Guest ayvah

gosh i have been backreading this thread from page 1, i didn't realize it's open again. :D

ive also read the posts in MT. i avoided all threads while watching the drama so i could enjoy it without stressing on the husband lol. it's so nice reading all your posts. taek was my most favorite character though i love them all so much and i also want a new type of otp in kdrama. after R97 & R94, i was hoping that the guy who doesn't bicker with the girl would get the girl. 

i love reading all the analysis here. thank you for all the efforts! i did feel that taek could be the husband when 2015 DS talked about their childhood and how taek became part of the gang. i mean she could have easily talked about the other 3 boys, right? but the highlight of her story was taek, like what could be the reason Taek's dad chose their block and how these lively kids could be too much for a kid like him and though taek was  a quiet kid, he was always with them. but after getting chilbonged lol, i chose to just keep it low. especially when everyone i knew seemed to be rooting for JH and RJY's name was written right after hyeri. yeah my reasons were shallow but after the 1994 tragedy, i knew i couldn't go through the same heartache again hahaha! 

after reading the baduk references especially about the handicaps, i got new feels when rewatching episode 6. it was on this episode when taek had to win 5 baduk games. which could be construed that in episode 6, taek had to get over 5 episodes in which he got less screen time especially in the husband department. in retrospect, he was 5 episodes behind of the "who is the husband" game. 

anyways, congratulations to all of you! you built your dreams with that 1% chance and made it come true. indeed, you've worked so hard! :)

@moonkeeper

Thanks for this collage, girlfriend! You have all my favorite scenes of their beach date.  Which reminds me...

Do you still have free time? I'm putting music here by Samuel Sim. It's from the BBC production Emma (2009). There are two versions: One is called "The Last Dance" and the other one "The Seaside". According to YT this is "The Last Dance." 

Do you have time to put all your pictures and gifs in this music? [lol, I'm always giving you projects, right?] It's a short music. Only 1:40.

You see, Taec and Deoksun were doing a waltz here. If you turn off the volume of that Korean background music or if you just replay that whole moment in your head while listening to the music, they were dancing a waltz of life, with its own rhythm of rise and fall, and dips, sways, and turns. Suntaek's hand-holding moments and "eye-smiles" displayed exactly the same flirtatious give-and-take when people dance a waltz. And their elegant ballroom is nature's blue seascape. 

That's the beauty of the waltz, really. It feels so old-fashioned and other-worldly when it's actually ageless. Like our couple here. This episode's title was "Memories" and it was NOT because their memories were in the past and SunTaek would terminate their links to the past. No. This episode wasn't sad foreshadowing or omen, as some anti-TK shippers would have it. lol. 

Their childhood and youthful memories together are timeless, too, because they were destined to be together for all ages. ;)  

Daecheon-Beach.png

I'm putting the music in spoiler so you can play the music without being distracted by the image.

And to those lurking antis, you know who you are -- Nope, this isn't going to be an entry to the contest. lol. Just be forewarned: you can't copy us....  

Spoiler

• Like 13

Woah... I didn't expect this music. It grows on you. It's very playful but there's a hint of sweetness in the background. It's just like their sunset date. They had a lot fun but it was very sweet. Tnx @packmule3 for sharing this song. I didn't expect to like but I do...

As I've posted earlier, I said I am craving for Suntaek fanfics so I installed Wattpad in my cellphone because they told me that wattpad has a lot of stories. Unfortunately I didn't find any Suntaek stories so I've decided that even though I'm not good, I'll post my story there. Then while I was starting with the story, it asked me for a picture and since I was using my phone, I don't have any fanarts there. All I have in my phone was the sunset I took earlier and one Suntaek picture. So I merged them together. Hahahah...

2016%2B-%2B1

• Like 8

Hey guys,

First time dropping by this thread, by the time I headed over here after I saw the drama, this thread was locked!

I usually hung around at dcinside reply1988 gallery, and reading some posts here from the past, it seems people who shipped this couple had a hard time whether it be in Korea or anywhere else...but everyone hung in there and I am sure it was well worth it given how the drama concluded!

Going to start reading this thread from the first page and relive all the wonderful memories I had with this couple and this beautiful drama.

*Does anyone else have a problem accessing gall.dcinside.com (for people familiar with the site)? Seems maybe they shut out people outside of Korea getting onto the site maybe?

• Like 10

3 hours ago, mangekyux said:

Hey guys,

First time dropping by this thread, by the time I headed over here after I saw the drama, this thread was locked!

I usually hung around at dcinside reply1988 gallery, and reading some posts here from the past, it seems people who shipped this couple had a hard time whether it be in Korea or anywhere else...but everyone hung in there and I am sure it was well worth it given how the drama concluded!

Going to start reading this thread from the first page and relive all the wonderful memories I had with this couple and this beautiful drama.

*Does anyone else have a problem accessing gall.dcinside.com (for people familiar with the site)? Seems maybe they shut out people outside of Korea getting onto the site maybe?

you can get the Hola extension ( I use chrome, but i think it works for firefox as well) and convert your location to Skorea and it should work!

and WELCOME to our thread, though the drama ended there is still much to discuss :)

• Like 2

@mangachickava Hey thanks for that! I've been trying to access the site for days and getting errors. I have hola but didn't think of changing my location [it was just giving me timeout errors, not region blocking] so kudos!

Edit: I also have chrome so I can't say if it works for firefox too. =/

Edited by Guest

Hi! @packmule3 Hahahahha!! Thanks for the special assignment , my pleasure to dot it , I'm really glad when I can do something to contribute to our room...sure I never do it before but I will try it this time..

Seaside Love (gifs)

Spoiler

bnrowirwr.gif?type=w420

vberiqerurwqr.gif?type=w420

vheuiqreur.gif?type=w420

fhdiqioewe.gif?type=w420

hfaoieiuwe.gif?type=w420

China Trip

vbeuqirter.gif?type=w420

vneruqte.gif?type=w420

Spoiler

jbhwrirtoy.gif?type=w420

gheriqor.gif?type=w420

hfi3ott.gif?type=w420

bfiworre.gif?type=w420

bnriuworit.gif?type=w420

hghi9iug.gif?type=w420

hghrwqorr.gif?type=w420

griwqorr.gif?type=w420

rhgirworityht.gif?type=w420

bjriwporiottre.gif?type=w420

bruiwortghrr.gif?type=w420

vbneriqortr.gif?type=w420

vbnfjwqogriwqt.gif?type=w420 

vndhteiurew.gif?type=w420

gnriuqortr.gif?type=w420

vbhvbikfd.gif?type=w420

gjrfowirr.gif?type=w420 

Credit to the owner of gifs(lemon candy)

• Like 15

Hello shipmates! Congrats on getting the thread back up and running~ I'll just leave a little fic present for you guys! (the gifs are angsty but the fic is cavity inducing, i promise~)

tumblr_o42h3eNHbZ1t4s9y7o3_500.gif

tumblr_o42h3eNHbZ1t4s9y7o1_500.gif

tumblr_o42h3eNHbZ1t4s9y7o2_500.gif

why i hold with all i have

When their eyes meet, they begin to laugh. This is how Dong Ryong finds them: clutching their stomachs, the sound of their laughter twisting into one, the chicken growing cold.

Five times Taek surprises Deok Sun, and the one time she surprises him.

[read here]

• Like 20

Decided to come out of my hiding because wow, this thread is no longer closed/ locked!! I just want to say that despite my tardiness in joining the Answer Me bandwagon, I have been lurking since before I watched all 20 episodes in less than a week! I am so amazed by this thread in particular because frankly, I missed almost all the colors/ subtexts/ hidden meanings while watching this drama.... So to say I'm amazed by the findings here is an understatement! The front page of this thread has been very, very helpful for me!!! And yes I love Park Bo Gum first before I love his character as Choi Taek... but now I think they are one and the same <3 

I hope I'm not too late to join the party on this ship!!! And I follow @hafunohane's content and saw that you guys are entering a contest. Wish you the best of luck!!!!! I followed the two rounds ( so far? ) and wowwww... you guys deserve to win this!! 

I hope to be more active but I barely go on Soompi ever since i joined... but I will definitely vote for you guys ! I know Bogum also has another team with his name on it but I think for the art& craft and the first round with the poem you guys nailed it, so there you go. I will be back later with my bucket of feelings as to why I love that Taek gets the girl (besides of course, because Taek is played by my favorite k- actor) but for now I just want to say that I support you guys in the contest, and have a good day everyone!!! :lol:

tumblr_nxmy5sdW4U1to1fhoo1_1280.gif

Yes, I read the spoilers, so I know they'd end up together. But seeing their first 1 on 1 interaction seriously gave me sooooo much butterflies! The height difference, the smiles, the way their face just light up, the eye contact... I think our girl Deoksunnie has been enchanted by CT long before she even realized it!  Sorry for being hyper, because I just finished the drama and I'm still super excited about the ending hohohoho......

Edited by mrsparkbogum
  • Like 18