Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

There's something bothering me whenever people say that the script changed (I absolutely abhor this argument because it's a lazy excuse for saying it when things don't go your way) because the future husband "suddenly acts" like Taek.

When the husband is first introduced at the sofa area, you can see that he is in a comfortable environment (probably at his house) and he is always interacting with DS through words and eye contact. You can see him being comfortable talking to his wife and in his own world. At that point, many thought it is JH because Taek was never introduced as a person  who could tease DS so freely. 

However, when he is confronted in a cafe with many cameras and most importantly, left ALONE with the staff when DS went to get coffee for him. He became awkward and more polite. This goes to show that it's not because of a sudden personality change but a DIFFERENT environment that he was put into. When DS came back from downstairs, he was again talking naturally with his wife. This is relatable to what Taek is like - he dislikes interviews. But when he is with his wife, he feels at ease and is able to joke freely. 

People also argued that the husband still seems like JH because the way he interacted with DS is not how Taek interacts with DS. As late as it seems, you see Taek becoming more outspoken as he grows older, and in 1994, he is able to tease DS without anyone probing him. When two people become a couple and spouses, true colors are revealed and you see old couples bickering with each other no matter how loving they are. It's a natural process to do so. Taek may not behave that way in the first place but people do change, and we do see that change on how he interacts with DS clearly through the episodes. 

That's all I wanna say about the argument about the future husband suddenly acting like Taek. Meanwhile, we shall patiently wait for the episode. I may be wrong but it doesn't matter because both guys are great catches and whoever she chooses will be so lucky to have her.

• Like 18

Now i'm wondering, is there a relation between how we watch this series and which guy we root for?

Cause i initially didn't watch this until my friend says it's absolutely amazing. Then, i watched 16 episode in one week (well i can only find time to watch after work hour), which is as close as marathoning the whole series at that time. Through each episodes, i grow from being neutral (while thinking JH is the husband) into a hardcore team Taek, because if you watch them all at once you just can't help but noticing all the development between TK-DS. Basically, their development goes nicely along with DS's supposed narrative (the one @melissala said about her journey to find her own preference without other's influence). While JH's development, as much as he looks like a main lead, is drifting away from how DS narrative should be, so both of their narrative clash with each other (cause choosing JH means DS still haven't moved on from what supposed to be a love growing from one night decision). 

But it's different from my friend who watched the series from the start, waiting one week to get another two episodes. They're easily rooting for JH, and i guess due to longer time of waiting, they already become too attached to their ship to notice the development between TK-DS (that only starts later in the series). Hence when i said i went to team Taek they all look at me strangely as if i'm some oddball or something, lol.

Though of course, your preference of guy influence you too in choosing your ship. :P

Just one more hour to go!

• Like 19

2 hours ago, shooastrid said:

To all my fellow shipmates *giggle*...

While scanning old pages on this thread, I couldn't help but swooning over the wedding comparison. So far, we already have:

1. Proposal

2. Not just 1, but 2 weddings (maybe foreshadowing BR & DS's wedding?)

3. Bridal carry

4. Honeymoon photoshoot

5. Wedding gift

6. Nuptial kiss

7. The morning after.

However, don't you think we are missing something in between number 6 and 7 here? *wink wink* *cough* Whenever I see TK's hilarious car-parking scene, my dirty  analytical mind can't stop thinking that this may be a metaphor for something else?????? *too eager to convince* Okay, this is where under 18 years old reader should skip reading to the next post :P Don't want to corrupt the innocent!!

Hide contents

I don't know about in other countries, but in Asia, the term "parking a car" is often used as an allusion for you know what. Judging from TK's complication to do the task, does this mean he's quite innocent? *Please don't kick me* Lol. 

Did you guys see how many times TK drove his car BACK AND FORTH???? O_o

So I guess, this is the missing piece, yoreobun! :D :sweatingbullets: I blame all this to @Meliere, @hafunohane and PM3 haha

Few more hours girlfriends! We can do this!

i'm laughing so hard at your metaphor!:lol:

( although i need about 1.5 seconds to understand the meaning of BACK and FORTH)

*imightbeold* *butistillinnocent*

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Raphelancia said:

Now i'm wondering, is there a relation between how we watch this series and which guy we root for?

Cause i initially didn't watch this until my friend says it's absolutely amazing. Then, i watched 16 episode in one week (well i can only find time to watch after work hour), which is as close as marathoning the whole series at that time. Through each episodes, i grow from being neutral (while thinking JH is the husband) into a hardcore team Taek, because if you watch them all at once you just can't help but noticing all the development between TK-DS. Basically, their development goes nicely along with DS's supposed narrative (the one @melissala said about her journey to find her own preference without other's influence). While JH's development, as much as he looks like a main lead, is drifting away from how DS narrative should be, so both of their narrative clash with each other (cause choosing JH means DS still haven't moved on from what supposed to be a love growing from one night decision). 

But it's different from my friend who watched the series from the start, waiting one week to get another two episodes. They're easily rooting for JH, and i guess due to longer time of waiting, they already become too attached to their ship to notice the development between TK-DS (that only starts later in the series). Hence when i said i went to team Taek they all look at me strangely as if i'm some oddball or something, lol.

Though of course, your preference of guy influence you too in choosing your ship. :P

Just one more hour to go!

I agree. As odd as I may be, I'm not a person who fancy someone who silently cares for me because I am that dense. For JH, whatever he does (umbrella, bus and McD scenes) are very endearing from a outsider's POV but I will never know if they're not made known to me. However, the fact he doesn't clarify the shirt issue and kicking the flowerpot makes me so disappointed because in a relationship, it is important to be honest and communicate with one another to prevent misunderstandings and tension. 

I prefer Taek who immediately apologised when he forgot about the gift which didn't keep DS wondering for the whole night about it and promise to get it purchased by the next day. This shows he communicates with her well and I do look for that in a partner. He also tells her truthfully about how pretty she looks as we know girls get low self esteem about their appearance. He doesn't hesitate to show her concern through bold actions but never hurting her pride as a woman.

Maybe I'm too old school to appreciate swoon worthy actions I see on regular dramas. Taek's courting actions are more natural and endearing in my eyes. They're very relatable and realistic. 

Like what you said, it depends on what kind of guy you prefer and you end up supporting that ship instead. And it's completely ok.

• Like 20

Guest aoikarin
3 hours ago, shooastrid said:

To all my fellow shipmates *giggle*...

While scanning old pages on this thread, I couldn't help but swooning over the wedding comparison. So far, we already have:

1. Proposal

2. Not just 1, but 2 weddings (maybe foreshadowing BR & DS's wedding?)

3. Bridal carry

4. Honeymoon photoshoot

5. Nuptial kiss

6. The morning after.

However, don't you think we are missing something in between number 5 to 6 here? *wink wink* *cough* Whenever I see TK's hilarious car-parking scene, my dirty  analytical mind can't stop thinking that this may be a metaphor for something else?????? *too eager to convince* Okay, this is where under 18 years old reader should skip reading to the next post :P Don't want to corrupt the innocent!!

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know about in other countries, but in Asia, the term "parking a car" is often used as an allusion for you know what. Judging from TK's complication to do the task, does this mean he's quite innocent? *Please don't kick me* Lol. 

So I guess, this is the missing piece, yoreobun! :D :sweatingbullets:

Few more hours girlfriends! We can do this!

Hahaha.. I just can't stop laughing about this meta joke.. Someone on the MT? thread post that Na PD is kind of perverted.. he put lots of meta jokes and props to symbolise it.. since i read pm3 post and now yours.. I think i get it. ^_______^

So... it's foreshading scene right! We've seen Taek's parking his car.. and IT TAKES HOURS.. My GOsssh! now my brain goes to the gutter.. This dangerous roommate is lethally dangerous and sexy.. look at Taek's expression.. his acting cool makes him Smexy!

tumblr_o0zi1jawws1to1fhoo1_400.giftumblr_o0zi1jawws1to1fhoo2_400.gif

LOL people remember @baduketiquette :lol: [We don't want to talk about kisses] :lol:.

Err though I did not agree with that blogger's review that @Mellinadear shared,but she did say something that made sense.Something good always happens in each episode after something bad,or vice versa.It would be interesting,nerve racking to see what approach the show takes tonight.

• Like 6

Rewatching eps 17 again...
Seeing OT5 in the soccer field again + the BGM....

Me :

tumblr_mfbtcc5vDG1rx0xjco1_500.gif

And I dunno if anyone mentioned it alrdy, but everybody (well, ok not everybody) too focused at JH's jacket that left behind in the bench,
But why don't you show some concern for our Garlic MVP's jacket too?!

giphy.gif

unlike Jh, he still wore his jacket when they played...

But used it to playing along

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SEE....
THEY DON'T BRING HIS JACKET WITH THEM....

giphy.gif

Spoiler

THEY said, DS probably run back to the restaurant to take JH's ring,,
But what if.....

SHE'S BACK TO THE SOCCER FIELD TO TAKE OUR MVP'S JACKET BEFORE *while Noeul's piggyback her again*
AND....

This DS's #helpmeIcannotsleepwhatisthisweirdfeelingthatbotheringmesomuch scene 

giphy.gif

is actually her thinking about DORONGYONG's jacket that left behind

tumblr_mlft8hcazy1s5h9x0o1_400.gif

*Goat's Sound*

Hufff.....

How many hours again guys?! 1 hour? Less than 1 hour?

tumblr_o05hgouzbh1tpfys7o1_500.gif

THIS I-WANT-THIS-TO-END-QUICKLY-BUT-I-DON'T-WANNA-THIS-TO-END FEELING IS KILLING ME INSIDE

rs_500x375-150306104414-tumblr_m6balubS2

I'M Gonna miss every single thing of this drama T_T:bawling:

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, aoikarin said:

Hahaha.. I just can't stop laughing about this meta joke.. Someone on the MT? thread post that Na PD is kind of perverted.. he put lots of meta jokes and props to symbolise it.. since i read pm3 post and now yours.. I think i get it. ^_______^

So... it's foreshading scene right! We've seen Taek's parking his car.. and IT TAKES HOURS.. My GOsssh! now my brain goes to the gutter.. This dangerous roommate is lethally dangerous and sexy.. look at Taek's expression.. his acting cool makes him Smexy!

Sorry to cut your post @aoikarin "brains goes to gutter!!" whatta wit!! hahahhahaha^__^ our baduk guy here is not just genius but how his mind works make him oozing sexy!!! ^__^

• Like 4

tumblr_nzhmf4IQED1s0wwvho1_500.gif

Reasons why I think taek is the husband and why i like them together: :P

1. Taek and DS lift each other up, literally and figurtively (lol), when taek didnt know what to give to his dad, he called ds and only her. When she was struggling to concentrate, he (well attempted) to help her with baduk. 

2.what they share isnt something of an ordinary puppy love, it's based on something deeper and solid like friendship. like best friends.  and thats why i like this ship so much, i just find their relationship, even romantic parts aside, beautiful, they care and respect each other alot

3. The two husbands on the previous reply series always had an emotional connection with the father of the wife, and i know this has been mentioned before but think about it, junghwan and sung dong il haven't even filmed atleast one scene together much less had talked.  meanwhile, taek and her dad sat down and both cried. why did the writer suddenly include taek? other families had also lost someone from their life, such as kim sung kyung's mom and sunwoo's family (*wild theory appears*)

4.she's comfortable with him and that's all that matters to me 

tumblr_nzhmf4IQED1s0wwvho2_1280.gif

10 minutes left!

• Like 14

Ok, back to the dreamlike kiss again... sure BR & SW had their share of passionate kisses, however what more intense abt TK & DS kiss was his piercing gaze at DS that's full of love, passion & lust, before he went for her lips. Now I suspect like most of you he fell back into a deep sleep after he kiss her, but I'm curious how long after the kiss going on that he fell back to sleep?  Was it after his smexy long fingers get wild & run all over her, or did he say sumthing in between the kiss,  like " l love u...I miss u...what am I going to  do, JH love u too" or sumthing along the line before falling back into a deep slumber ...

• Like 4

I'm currently rewatching ep 10. and I just notice something, When BR run to meet SW at concert she said to him "you really know how to bother other people don't you?" or something along that line. and DS was saying something similar to TK at ep 9 when she was asked by her mom to bring food to TK because his dad was at his hometown when one of his friend passed away. Not to mention the scene where BR were out of breath to meet SW at concert were similar to TK when he meet DS at concert
so I guess they were really a mirror, DS-TK and BR-SW.

Now I'm getting moreee excited :D

• Like 5