Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

34 minutes ago, darafangirl29 said:

@mellinadear @hafunohane

absolutely wonderful posts chinggus...

i cant even......

Wait did @mellinadear write it herself? =O 

Always loved this writer's posts..Quite non-biased compared to db,I love db's recaps too though..

---

*Lesson to self: not to comment  half-reading a post lol.Thanks to @mellinadear for sharing regardless.

• Like 8

"But with Taek, what the audience expects, the audience shall not get. His arc lacks the transparency of JH's 'coming of age' story. On the level of metafiction, what is happening instead is this: the writer, the narrative, the viewers, and JH are playing a game of baduk against Choi Taek 9 dan. And he is winning."

This paragraph  is so gorgeous I want to stand up and appaluse.

Can I hug you, Meliere

• Like 24

If I end up being wrong about this drama I'm afraid I am in need of new glasses . It's seems everyone from dramabeans to that other writer thinking junghwan is end game. Sigh. The most confusing drama ever lol 

I will also like to remind you guys that we never got an answer over whether or not duk seon knew she was in the same bed as junghwan. It was made to be seem as a dream a la kiss

• Like 14

Awesome stuff as always @Meliere and @hafunohane...

3 hours ago, Meliere said:

Present Day Clues = Null

Reveal hidden contents

I sail in this ship primarily because the husband-hunting game brings me here. I came to this drama expecting a good "detective" story that doesn't involve murder. A solid deduction of "The Husband" can be established half way through if one sets aside one's bias and is willing to face the "facts" though I agree with the argument that "facts" are not truths. Well, studying Taek as a character is fascinating but a game is a game. Luckily, I can have both.

But when the "present day" is dismissed as misdirection, clues and hints as "trolls", so that it supports certain direction of shipping, that is just sad considering how much care the writer has put in the denouement: a multi-threading complex narrative of how DS and Taek get together. I walked through this drama with a thrilling "surprise me!" vibe.

The insistence to fit  "external" conventions of leads  and what-not brings to mind the joke of Golden Globe award for "The Martian" for best picture in comedy and musical. Like "The Martian"? Comedy? Musical? Really? MWAHAHAHAHAHA...

• Like 17

4 hours ago, hafunohane said:

In ep 6, Sungdaddy had a convo with Papabear about trading TK for his very own children. "How about a three for one exchange?" We know how badly Sungdaddy wants TK to be his son in law. LOL.

LOL three for one

.. brb ... *laughs up a hemorrhoid* 

thank you THANK YOU hafu. Brilliant post and oh-so-funny. Hafufufufufufufu [drifts off into laughter] God I love you guys, my sexy dangerous roommates. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Meliere said:

LOL three for one

.. brb ... *laughs up a hemorrhoid* 

thank you THANK YOU hafu. Brilliant post and oh-so-funny. Hafufufufufufufu [drifts off into laughter] God I love you guys, my sexy dangerous roommates. 

Omg. Duk seon finally completed one f her father wish. She will appeared on TV as an education towards the world of baduk lol

• Like 13

Hi chingudeul, hwaiting for live streaming later on :D

After reading all your post in this lovely thread, suddenly a thought crossed my mind. I think, the writer built the character of JH such a 'strong' (or 'good' (?) Idk how to say it, sorry) so that IF in the end JH doesn't get the girl, the viewers wouldn't feel the same as CB in R94, and his character is still loved by everyone. I myself felt sad when seeing his 'joking' confession to DS.

Well, our ship is about to reach the destination. Be prepared, and let's celebrate together when we arrive later! See you all during live streaming! :blush:

• Like 13