Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

11 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

Sorry to rehash this but I'm behind on your discussions.  From my pov, it seems like the end of ep 18 was a tribute to JH.  This is not a nice analogy but kind of like when a person dies and you have pictures of their wonderful life that is displayed at the funeral so not to feel sad that they are gone.  (of course those closest to the person can't get over the passing that quickly but I digress) To me it represents that their love STORY is over.  They had the last few minutes showing flashbacks of his love for DS since the beginning and the ending credits showing pictures of his popular OTP scenes.  I've never seen this in a drama before and it looks really similar to the ending of the finale of most kdramas with their montage of cast and crew which is like a thank you and goodbye to those who worked on the production.  I think because of what happened in Reply 1994, (which I haven't watched) they wanted to say thank you to the audience for loving this arc and that JH loved DS, that it was not a crush or surging hormones but at the same time from his monologue they can let everyone know he's ready to move on.  

Again to quote dramabeans:

Jung-hwan wipes his tears and continues to narrate, quoting Forrest Gump: “‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’ Even if I’ve picked the bitterest chocolate of them all, it can’t be helped. That’s the fate I chose. There’s no regretting it, crying about it, or being heartbroken about it.

I think they were hoping this would let us know in advance so we can accept that he's not the one for DS and they can show DS & TK getting together without getting a backlash. At first I was hoping that in EP 19 they'll show DS confessing her feelings to TK first before she knows how he has felt all the years because then everyone can accept that he was her choice but now I think it won't matter what they do.  Some people will not be happy with the ending no matter what which is sad. 

I will be extremely red in the face if JH turns out to be the husband but even though I'll be disappointed I can accept it.  I am ready to enjoy the last two episodes which will show how they get together and even more I'm looking forward to the scenes showing them openly being able to display their love and being affectionate with each other (something more naughty than a pat on the butt) no matter which guy it is.  

I really agree with this but the fact that we don't know the writer's mind when it comes to this series because they can really do whatever they want and show as some flashback on why did it happen at the end of the show. The only thing that I'm worried about is most of the clues from before are all pointed to Taek that for me I keep doubting it because it seems easy for example they hinted Deoksun choosing Taek like when she choose the gloves so I'm really wondering if that is a sarcastic thing to make us confused or is it really because there's no husband hunt anymore like what the writer said and really giving us every clues like it's right on our faces but we seem to doubt it more and more. Most of us are not like BORA that even though there's only 1% she hangs on to that possibility hahaha. 

Anyway, these are the things that bothers my mind and hope some1 have theory about this or can clarify it to me.

1. The ring that was left behind by Junghwan will Deoksun come back or someone new will come for that? (or it will be thrown in the garbage as the restaurant cleaner saw it and it is so ugly and then "goat sound" haha I'm so bad I know they won't do that it's like they r really discrediting Junghwan's feeling for Deoksun lols)

2. With the ring again, the main guy in Reply 1997 proposed too but it was before the time leap and noticed the difference the ring box is close that time but in this series it's open wide. So, I think it really depends on the writers opinion.

3. After the concert Taek seems so happy and he ate well. Is it one of the clue that something good happen in the concert? or it is because he was rejected and he's trying to move on and now he is not showing his real feeling? or maybe just because of the fact that he had a date with Deoksun.

4. About the milk, maybe it is really a hint that Deoksun is still concern for Taek and really watching him from behind.

5. When they wer in a room and talking about Taek blind dates and they all fell asleep we saw after that Dukseon left, Junghwan and Taek is awake and looking at Deoksun sit, I really want to see what happened before that did Deoksun and Taek had some kind of eye contact like longing for each other and Junghwan who's looking at Deoksun saw all that and really breaks his heart. With the position, it's really saying us straight to our faces that Junghwan is the one-sided love here.

6. About the kiss I really don't believe it is a dream there's something more about it that we will see in the future episodes!

7. And, what's the deal with the heart and snoopy? When Junghwan and Deoksun went to the concert we saw a heart shape with no snoopy inside but in Taek room there is a snoopy with a heart but also, Junghwan refer to himself as a dog but at the same time we can see the bridal dolls in Taek's room. And what's with the color theory? who's really the yellow? the blue? and the green? hahaha.

8. Deoksun and Taek childhood I really feel there's something more to it from the time Taek moved to the neighborhood and met Deoksun when he was a kid I hope they already like each other since then like the classic childhood love story but then they r all childhood friends not just Taek haha.

I have lots of questions still in my mind and the more I read comments the more I get confused haha I guess I just need to wait for the coming episodes to really know what's up ahaha. I'm korean drama addict and I watched almost all korean dramas and saw all cliches, watch tons of crime scene/detective scene but I can say that I can almost guess every time what's gonna happen, who's the killer from the clue and expression but now I cannot I'm really proud of our writer and PD of this show because they always outsmart the viewers one reason that they are so popular because you see they bring out the best in the character or the person in the series you thought they are all like that but in the end there's more of his/her character like what happened in China when we discovered that there's more to Deoksun's character haha. Althouh Taek character seems like the 2nd lead guy who is always there for the lead and Junghwan is like the main lead who always break the girls heart who always get the girl (no wonder Junghwan is very popular typicall korean drama guy! I really, really hope this time pls pls let the underdog win! Let the more innocent, honest and pure love win! (I'm not saying Junghwan's love is not like that haha)

• Like 21

47 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

will be extremely red in the face if JH turns out to be the husband but even though I'll be disappointed I can accept it.  I am ready to enjoy the last two episodes which will show how they get together and even more I'm looking forward to the scenes showing them openly being able to display their love and being affectionate with each other (something more naughty than a pat on the butt) no matter which guy it is.  

Awww what a great response. I hope we can all be calm and collected even if the worst happens. I agree with you, my bets are that Taek is the husband and I really really do believe so, but if by the off chance he is not, then I will accept it. But I really hope he is. And my gut feeling tells me he is....

• Like 16

1 hour ago, monsterlife said:

They are right, where is the angst?

Did you forget tk from '*irony of life: part II?Did you see how cold and unflinching his face was? It was all angst to me ,compared to the zero action..all tension moments from jh-ds.

After reading the recaps again,I found this summary in my mind.All the older couples mostly JH parents with their mad antics,and quirks and beating/bashing have that something,which real life couples have in common.Even after how angry/irked ra mi ran was with sung dad,she still loves him and stays by his side when he misses his mom,or when he got into the accident.I even saw this scene last episode probably when we saw ra mi ran placing a pillow under his head...which parallels that scene of ds and tk..[when she tucks him in with pillow]..

All these couples have something in common,,that is they complete each other.And they 'communicate' well with each other,there is a good level of understanding between them,[like how sw mom came to the hospital ,and opened up the can for tk dad first thing,took him for washing his hair,]or[ how ds mom even after dad has been taking care of his own fish,not sharing any with her lol,he still loves her when she's facing some major chronic disease symptoms].This is the main concept of this show,and this we have seen only in DS-TK,all these scenes somehow have been replayed between them in numerous time in different ways.

-Also,if they say every picture gives the vibe that jh is the husband,then writer is trying to tell here maybe that 'don't judge a book by it's cover'..After all,that's how majority of the audience is perceiving the whole picture.

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Did you forget tk from 'life of irony: part II]? Did you see how cold and unflinching his face was? It was all angst to me ,compared to the zero action..all tension moments from jh-ds.

After reading the recaps again,I found this summary in my mind.All the older couples mostly JH parents with their mad antics,and quirks and beating/bashing have that something,which real life couples have in common.Even after how angry/irked ra mi ran was with sung dad,she still loves him and stays by his side when he misses his mom,or when he got into the accident.I even saw this scene last episode probably when we saw ra mi ran placing a pillow under his head...which parallels that scene of ds and tk..[when she tucks him in with pillow]..

All these couples have something in common,,that is they complete each other.And they 'communicate' well with each other,there is a good level of understanding between them,[like how sw mom came to the hospital ,and opened up the can for tk dad first thing,took him for washing his hair,]or[ how ds mom even after dad has been taking care of his own fish,not sharing any with her lol,he still loves her when she's facing some major chronic disease symptoms].This is the main concept of this show,and this we have seen only in DS-TK,all these scenes somehow have been replayed between them in numerous time in different ways.

-Also,if they say every picture gives the vibe that jh is the husband,then writer is trying to tell here maybe that 'don't judge a book by it's cover'..After all,that's how majority of the audience is perceiving the whole picture.

@nearsea we complete each other.  Hahaha:P Exactly my thoughts.

did anyone already mention that @packmule3 has put up a new post in the MT on the pink gloves vs pink mittens

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Yesin Lee said:

Guys can you compile a list of doll theory/color theory/number theory here in this forum if it's not too much to ask or post what you guys observed. Honestly, if only I have the time right now I will binge watch from episode 1 and look through all these details haha. I really feel that even though these clues are so absurd the writer really paid attention to the details and this will be the ultimate determinant of who's really the husband, I dunno something is just so fishy with these things to me and I cannot get it out of my mind hahaha.

I've actually compiled a few, i'll be posting them maybe tomorrow! :) i think ive gone crazy, i feel like jb now

• Like 5

I was just wondering.. I am not sure if someone pointed this out already.. but Did the main couple in R94 & R97 did a promo clip before the show started? or is it only Bogum and Hyeri who did that for the series?! Thank you to whoever answers.. I haven't watched the 2 previous series yet e. :-)

Edited by uzzie-zera
  • Like 6

Just a thought....

SW precious gift to BR - his late father's pendant necklace keepsake

TK precious gift to DS - his hard earned international championship winning cup/trophy

@Yesin Lee

Q1 - I'm sure neither JH nor DS came back for the ring  & based on previous reply series style I bet the ring gonna get picked by a pretty lady who's gonna be JH's love interest aka fated lover

Q3 - I bet something good happened to both brothers the night earlier since both were energized,  while the 2 sleepyhead sisters shocked to see each other, accusing one coming home late than the other....my bet SW-BR rekindled their love & we can guess what happened from then on, while TK-DS trash out their feelings for each other after the concert & may be they relive their 'dream' again. After all Taek now has a big car *wink*

• Like 16

@lady65432 Loved your post,everything about it.We've  been listening about the 'fate and timing' factor all day long,so this post serves well if we look at the narrative,in a general view..As you said,JH's heartfelt confession was one-sided,it was all about him,and how he pursued her all these time.They don't share any memory that tk-ds did,so I personally think it's wrong to leave anything on fate,because we make our own fate,after all right? When we say fate blocked my way or I lost her because of my fate,that just takes away the credit that people earn by working on changing his/her fate,which Tk did.No matter whether he came into the picture early or late,he 'connected' to the other person,and moved her by his actions..In this point,JH lacks,because though his intention was also sincere/earnest,he never made her feel that he was there for her,gave her the right hand/peace of mind/shared her pain when she needed.And that's how he failed to make the connection here.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, aoikarin said:

I'm scrapping scene by scene of DS to have a look her heart. Ep. 17

Before jumptime..

I'm very curious about this scene.. I need substitles for scenes between the dreamy kiss and this.. What is she thinking at that time and doing this? I found her gesture that she's been doing something naughty.... I found similar behaviour when she lied to JH that she had sprained legs (while she's waiting JH alone at the bus stop).

Hide contents

tumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo1_540.jpgtumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo2_540.jpgtumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo3_540.jpg

I think she lied to Taek.. The kiss happened.. They shared the kissed!!

What do you think guys?

And.. her look before DR break out the news to go concert 89 with all of them.. She's sad because sh'e a repeater.

tumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo4_540.jpg

And her look after DR told them Taekkie will go with them too..

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo5_r1_540.jpg

She's tapping her finger.. feeling happy.. and wear that smiles until the scene ends.. hahaha.. I caught you DS~aah

And on the day of going to concert together//

Hide contents

borrow your gif @syaiira

l3nWsBI7WyjR6F0Ag.gif

Right after she heard Taek's gate opened.. she stops there.. turn around to have a look Taek.. Taek smiles.. and she couldn't hide her happiness, smiling.. and doing such a cute kick.. She keeps her unrecruited love to Taek! Yipppyyyy!

And Ep. 18.. it's crystal clear for SunTeak shipper..

1. Taek Super Unusual reaction after their concert date :P

2. DS's behaviour in JH's car (she even  forgot to fasten her seatbelt since she's busy checking her beeper waiting Taek's msg)

3. DS's behaviour in the cafe.. keep watching the door, checking is that Taek?

P.S Check the last expression of DS, when the guest coming in to cafe not Taek.. SHE looks DISAPPOINTED.. And  JH saw her pulling a long face.. and back put a happy awkward happy face talking to SW and DR.. hahahaha

Thnks @aoikarin for your analysis... I had missed couple of these scenes.  These affirm my belief further that our taeksun ship is going to sail :) 

I genuinely think that kiss was very real.... And probably DS was aware of the love triangle even before the time skip

She was not very surprised when JH confessed... Looked on with knowing grateful smile throughout the confession like she was already aware of it

Also the scene where she tripped and both guys helped her, she was equally awkward 

I think after the kiss, in his half asleep state CT might have confessed about not being able to admit his feelings since he can't hurt JH. That might have helped her put clues together. And to avoid risking the group and knowing confusion she was going through back then she must have pretended it to be dream 

Even now I don't think Taek has confessed his feelings. They must have had nice date after concert. That might rekindled old feelings and by now she must have realised that he skipped match to come to her. That must have brought back old question - does he love me? I think she was waiting so badly for taek to ask him this

Sorry for long comment.. I m late to this thread and might have repeated few things. But just couldn't contain my love for this pair. Thanks a lot all chinggus on this thread, fr making me realize that there are many cheering this sweet couple 

Edited by taeken4lyf
  • Like 21

Guest gerimisore

Annyeong, guys! :D/

As usual I haven't watched the latest episodes yet (bzzz), but I did watch a few clips from tvN's Youtube channel, including JH's confession. And, wow! WOW! O__O I gotta say that's one hell of a confession! Bravo, Junghwan-a!

However, his confession is also the sole reason why I can't bring myself to spazz properly or gloat as much as I want. And, no. It has nothing to do with my doubt over Taek being the husband. I must say I'm pretty confident now that Taek will be the endgame. Well, 90% sure (let's leave some room for the doubt. Just in case). I just feel like, if Taek is indeed revealed to be the husband in the end, I will have plenty of time to spazz and celebrate whenever, wherever I want to. But this. This is Junghwan's moment. I just feel the need to postpone my celebratory mode and pay respect to his bravery. Knowing Junghwan, this confession is not something that he can do easily over a night. It takes years of effort and life experiences for him to mature and finally find the courage to shed his tsundere-ness. To declare his bottled up feeling to the girl he always loves. To learn not to blame the universe, the timing, because sometimes it's actually us that hinder our own progress. And unlike Junghwan in 1988/1989, he finally understand how and when to stop mooning over an unsolved 'problem' and let go. Moving on.

I can't help but find myself happy to see the matured 1994 Junghwan. Of course there are some old flaws that he isn't able to remove yet, but you can't deny his character growth. And this is what makes me disappointed towards some JH-DS shippers. Instead of feeling proud and glad and support his mature decision, they create various kinds of possible scripts (including that airplane accident *smh*) just to make him enter the husband game again when he himself has decided to wave the white flag and move on. Idk why but I find it rather disrespectful. It's like Junghwan's only purpose in this drama is to be the husband. Nothing else. He HAS to be the husband no matter what it takes. Well, I'm not them, but even if Taek will not be the husband in the end, I'll surely be happy seeing him grown into a fine, happy, and healthy man with a great woman by his side (even if it isn't DS). Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'll be sad. That's a given. But I find myself sincerely caring over Taek character that I don't want to reduce his existence for the purpose to be the husband only. I want him to grow up as a capable adult. To live his life to the fullest. In the end, I find myself cheering for him beyond the husband hunt.

I still sometimes go to the MT and JH-DS shipper thread 'though, just to pass the time (lol I'm a masochist XD). I have to say it's pretty funny reading their posts. I still remember there was a time they labeled us as shippers who are just too delusional that the only thing we can do is dissecting the color & doll theory, randomly examining the way DS looks at Taek and conclude it as love, or refusing to see the bigger picture. Now, that we finally 'gave up' and look at their so-called "bigger picture", they're the one who desperately tries to find hint as little as future husband's blurry jacket logo just to justify that JH is still eligible to be the husband candidate. Oh well, we all have our own way to survive. Even Taektanic needs to transform into a submarine to continue to sail.

And also I have to say their confidence level is out of this world. Truly remarkable. I sincerely want to give them a long standing ovation. Their faith is not shaken AT ALL no matter how many clues that pointed to Taek are thrown (and it's actually some of us who are still low in expectation XD). It's like they don't have the word "doubt" in their vocabulary. They seriously need to open a class to teach the tips and tricks to be confident. I'll sign up for sure since I'm quite struggling with self-confidence myself.

I find my last paragraph sounds too savage (pffft), but really, I'm genuinely praising them. Their confidence is indeed admirable *cue seal clapping passionately*

I suppose at this rate, what we say or show will not convince JH-DS shipper to consider a liiiiiiiitle bit that Taek might be the husband. So, yeah. You have your own way. I have my own way. If JH is the husband? I'll be sad, but I'll congratulate him and all of his loyal supporters ("Congraaaaaaatzzz!"). And If Taek is the husband? Well, I'll cry blood, howl at the sky, turn into a sparkling vampire.. yeah, basically I'll be happy. Extremely delighted. And congratulate myself and all Taektanic passengers for arriving safely at the final deoksunation X)

Reply 1988, for me, is more than the husband hunt, so for the rest of the story, just like Jungbong oppa say, "ENJOOOOYY." ;)

---

About Junghwan's confession, I tried really really hard to watch it without the bias google (I did, really) and still all I get from DS is not the kind of expression from a girl who is soooo happy to receive the confession from her long-life crush. That stare to me is more like reminiscing and knowing, perhaps throw a little bit of touched, but not accepting (as in "I accept that you love me because I love you too"). And as far as I know, Junghwan didn't actually make a joke out of his confession. It's DR and SW who thought he was joking. But I strongly believe DS understood what Junghwan said is true. And that's all that matter. That's the most important thing. And IMO it's actually better for DR & SW to assume that his confession was just a joke. Besides to avoid the awkwardness, imagine how guilty they are knowing for all this time they sided with Taek, helped him to confess to DS and lied out their support bare in the open, in front of JH. I think JH's confession is crafted beautifully, with full consideration.

Some say two episodes are enough to pull a twist, I say two episodes are also enough to explain and complete the clues as to why Taek is the husband. Besides, Reply 1988's first priority is the family story, so the little time that the love triangle has is more than enough to fit some flashbacks how Taek knew DS had a crush on SW, when was the first time he fell in love with DS, or is that ASDFGHJKL!@# kiss a dream or not. Plenty of things to be explained, but too little to create a twist (imo). And I noted that the title for every episode is always apt to the content of the said episode. So, I'm quite sure the PD/writer boldly chose "Goodbye, My First Love" as the title of ep 18 is to emphasize that they indeed want to end the love triangle here. To say goodbye to one of the husband contenders.

Speaking of our ship, I still marvel at how creative we are! :D We're so blessed! Not just it's filled with lovely, warm, and full of humility people, we also take whatever we have to survive. At first we're just a humble little ship that often regarded as a voyage that destined to sink. Since we fear of facing the same fate as Titanic (encountering the giant iceberg and all), we turn into a submarine and shipping under the radar (well, there was a time when TK-DS shipper wasn't appeared much in the MT), and since we gain more clues that supported Taek, we built our submarine into the mighty Avenger's hellicarrier (wohoooo)! :D We have our own lucky number, 6 (or should we include 9 too?). We have the super fantastic CSI team! (deducing the Spiderman kiss from 38secs preview? Pffft! Itsy-bitsy!). We even invented our own words: taeken, heart attaek, and the latest one, athletaek! XD (I think we have more, but I forget some ^^;)

All in all, I'm so happy to be here. First time joining the forum, and I found wonderful people to spazz with! :) 

As a gift, let me present you what I've been working on this afternoon! :D It's part 1 of 2 (you all know what the part 2 is, don't you? ;) teehee~). As I mentioned in my instagram post, I initially planned on adding two koi fishes here, but I removed them 'cause they look so random. LOL.

ENJOOOY~

are_you_real__by_ririss-d9nla20.jpg

Guys! I have a question about the chocolate that the future Deoksun talked about that she's really sure that she gave it to her husband but we can see on episode 2 that it was on SW jacket. If the husband is Junghwan then she misplaced it but if it's Taek she knew Taek was not there, in fact that time she was crushing on SW. So, probably it is a red herring and she was talking about totally different scenario but then what's the used of playing a flashback of that? Can anyone enlighten me about this. Thanks!

• Like 1