Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

So far, we have Seon Woo confessed to Bora, Jung Hwan gave fake confession to DS and Dong Ryung, uncount number of confession to noonas that he liked.

But Taek hasn't done his confession yet.

So we can see it in the last two episodes, surely. It's his TURN.

Btw, I don't know why at the current scene, DS's hubby just pass by her, took a cup of coffee then left the room? For what? To show the jacket's logo to battlefield?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, nearsea said:

This picture though..can we assume they are gone for another tour to japan this time maybe? The background looks like a hotel reception lobby again =SS

It is definitely a hotel scene. Saw some posts in DC. Its probably for a Baduk competition or for Manager Yoo's wedding. Or both seeing as how they are spending 18 hours filming in that same hotel. Probably trying to film everything at one go.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, libra83 said:

So far, we have Seon Woo confessed to Bora, Jung Hwan gave fake confession to DS and Dong Ryung, uncount number of confession to noonas that he liked.

But Taek hasn't done his confession yet.

So we can see it in the last two episodes, surely. It's his TURN.

Btw, I don't know why at the current scene, DS's hubby just pass by her, took a cup of coffee then left the room? For what? To show the jacket's logo to battlefield?

Looking at his clothes it's their neighborhood and he was on the way home and knowing his wife is there he wanted to see how it's going and  since he said ”Please take good care of us” politely means he wanted  reassurance not to bother to much  his wife isn't that enough?^^ Taek was good hubby after all. Sorry for doubting you Taek. You know both to tease and how to atone that's the way!!! :D 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, syaiira said:

It is definitely a hotel scene. Saw some posts in DC. Its probably for a Baduk competition or for Manager Yoo's wedding. Or both seeing as how they are spending 18 hours filming in that same hotel. Probably trying to film everything at one go.

Wedding sounds good.Maybe DS went because of her friend/airhostess and TK because of his colleague...What do the DC posts say btw?All that you mentioned here?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

Because Taek hates interviews, when they want to know more about him other than his achievements in Baduk, they have to interview his family

In 1988, it's his Dad

In 2015, it's his wife :wub:

On that note,I was looking up the total cast..And this caught my eye.The reporter that took the interview of tk's dad on ep 7,she was in reply'97 too.She's apparently joon hee's older sister..=/.Don't know if this means anything.

28 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Wedding sounds good.Maybe DS went because of her friend/airhostess and TK because of his colleague...What do the DC posts say btw?All that you mentioned here?

Yup that's basically all that they mentioned. But yes the wedding i can already foresee Deoksun being the one to catch the bouquet. Haha

• Like 5

Guys can you compile a list of doll theory/color theory/number theory here in this forum if it's not too much to ask or post what you guys observed. Honestly, if only I have the time right now I will binge watch from episode 1 and look through all these details haha. I really feel that even though these clues are so absurd the writer really paid attention to the details and this will be the ultimate determinant of who's really the husband, I dunno something is just so fishy with these things to me and I cannot get it out of my mind hahaha.

• Like 6

Sorry to rehash this but I'm behind on your discussions.  From my pov, it seems like the end of ep 18 was a tribute to JH.  This is not a nice analogy but kind of like when a person dies and you have pictures of their wonderful life that is displayed at the funeral so not to feel sad that they are gone.  (of course those closest to the person can't get over the passing that quickly but I digress) To me it represents that their love STORY is over.  They had the last few minutes showing flashbacks of his love for DS since the beginning and the ending credits showing pictures of his popular OTP scenes.  I've never seen this in a drama before and it looks really similar to the ending of the finale of most kdramas with their montage of cast and crew which is like a thank you and goodbye to those who worked on the production.  I think because of what happened in Reply 1994, (which I haven't watched) they wanted to say thank you to the audience for loving this arc and that JH loved DS, that it was not a crush or surging hormones but at the same time from his monologue they can let everyone know he's ready to move on.  

Again to quote dramabeans:

Jung-hwan wipes his tears and continues to narrate, quoting Forrest Gump: “‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’ Even if I’ve picked the bitterest chocolate of them all, it can’t be helped. That’s the fate I chose. There’s no regretting it, crying about it, or being heartbroken about it.

I think they were hoping this would let us know in advance so we can accept that he's not the one for DS and they can show DS & TK getting together without getting a backlash. At first I was hoping that in EP 19 they'll show DS confessing her feelings to TK first before she knows how he has felt all the years because then everyone can accept that he was her choice but now I think it won't matter what they do.  Some people will not be happy with the ending no matter what which is sad. 

I will be extremely red in the face if JH turns out to be the husband but even though I'll be disappointed I can accept it.  I am ready to enjoy the last two episodes which will show how they get together and even more I'm looking forward to the scenes showing them openly being able to display their love and being affectionate with each other (something more naughty than a pat on the butt) no matter which guy it is.  

• Like 22

Like some tk-ds shipper I jump from one thread to another. It helps me from going full on delulu and from the boredom of waiting for the next episode. Their post made sense. There are some that is eye rolling delusional (like taekkie and ds mother-son relationship) but overall it is rational. So I begun to doubt. They are right. It is too easy. Where is the angst?

This ship, this loveable ship that started with 1% now looks like it is going in full force. And it is scary because I am not use to it. There might be an iceberg somewhere and that might be the JH confession. And just like titanic, the iceberg's impact will only be known later on.

I boarded taektanic knowing full well that one day there will be an episode where DS will choose JH. So I was happy and giddy that JH was such a coward about his feelings. It made the inevitable longer. Sure, sometimes I feel like there are scenes that are dragging but for me what didn't drag was the Ds-Tk relationship. It was a slow, very slow development. Right before my eyes, the head patting, butt grabbing DS transformed to someone who hide her burp, notice everything that is Taekkie, conscious to his needs and overall a very close friend to him. From episode 1 were they barely see each other to episode 17 were they spent each time they were free, together. He strived to finish baduk as early as possible to go to dinner with the gang so that he could spend time with DS. She was there when he goes off to his competition to say goodbye and take care and when he was finish and went back home, she was there to greet him. And because of that special connection and friendship JH even got jealous that tk-ds laugh at some inside joke that they only understand.

And that special connection made me hope for more. I want him to be the husband. So, so bad. It is not fun torturing myself but there are still the what ifs. After all the writer is still the 'faith' in DS and TK's world. So faith can still go to another direction. I hate it. They are right, where is the angst? And every picture/poster it seems JH is the husband. But I notice something. And it is probably my delulu mind playing tricks on me but JH was always in between DS and TK. Does that mean that TK and DS might have a chance in 1989 if not for JH? JH is a friend so TK gave up. DS noticed JH first so her world, for a little while revolves around him. And if I follow the doll theory, whoever is the blue(or red) doll, he is the great observer of Green and Yellow doll's love story. While yellow and green dolls keep getting closer in every episode the other doll's distance kept getting farther away while still looking towards the green and yellow. 

Lol...my post is too long. I don't know what my point is but shipping is fun. Probably my last ship because I usually don't get hook with korean dramas and I really did start watching this because I am a girl's day fun. So yea, shipping is fun and the show is almost done and it is just sad. I mean to go through roller coaster emotions just because of a show is a very fun experience. I only get this emotional with my country's reality tv shows.

• Like 11

On 1/10/2016 at 4:24 AM, st4rdust said:

@chickfactor come back to Taek's room when you wake up, we will make you chicken soup and make you feel all better... ;}

Awwww, thank you. Yummy yummy.

So I'm sobered up now, and here's what I think:

I think JH has more of a chance than ever. Because he has changed and learned.

He always took care of his loved ones behind the scenes, but never did any communicating. He was always gruff and surly, but loved and cared about everyone from afar. Like when he messed up the house so that his mom will feel needed, or wrote her English name out in Korean on her passport. Or when he puts a blanket on Taek while he is sleeping. He cares a lot, but he doesn't like to show it.

It's the same with DS - he doesn't let his feelings show, but just insults her to her face. He's the boy on the playground who pulls your hair but really wants to kiss you instead.

So I think he finally realized that this isn't about timing, and he's never going to have a chance at DS if he just waits. JH realized that he is always one step behind Taek, not because Taek is lucky, but because Taek is willing to make that leap, because Taek wants it more.

I think JH's big confession was him finally making that leap. He really put his heart out there, literally put it all on the table.

So I think he has a chance now, because now DS finally has all the information. She knows that two boys love her, so now it's really up to her. We've all been wondering who she likes, because she is the only one who gets to make that choice, and her choice is the answer. Now, finally, she can make an informed choice.

--

I don't think it tempers the impact of the confession in any way that JH made it into a joke. It's just social convention to play it off as a joke. Also, I think for him, it makes it more meaningful that he would bare it all like that in front of others - considering his ultra-private personality. And I think DS heard it loud and clear.

I'm not saying this makes JH the husband. But I just never thought he had a chance, because I was very sure that Taek was the one from early on. But now they're finally on an even playing field.

--

HOWEVER, there were times when JH DID make himself very clear. Like when he protected DS on the bus, or when he gave her the pink gloves. Didn't DS get the message at those times?

--

I just want to comment on everyone's speculation that Present-Day Husband joked that he was not able to speak causal-tense to No-Eul for 10 years, so he cannot be Jung-Hwan. I think that comment was just purely a joke about how No-Eul looks very old for his age.

All the kids have lived all/most of their lives in this neighborhood. So that means they all knew No-Eul since he was a baby, so he was always a "dong-saeng" (little brother) to them. So they always spoke to him in the casual tense, even Taek. It would be really weird if he didn't.

We rarely see the main group interact with No-Eul. But in that one scene where Taek brings over the banana, and No-Eul asks him for autographs for his teacher, I'm pretty sure that Taek spoke to him in the casual tense at that time.

--

So now that the show is firmly fixed in 1994, I felt like Ep.18 was about re-establishing settings, and re-drawing lovelines. So we'll get to the real action during the final stretch (next week!)

What I think will happen: I still think it's Taek. But a large part of the remaining story will be devoted to Jung-Hwan - so we can see his full arc of heartbreak and subsequent acceptance. He's going to become at peace with Taek+DS and even give his blessing.

--

Speculation: Taek shows up where the group was before they left for the second round and finds the ring. Because he doesn't know how to use his pager.

--

So many anger and conspiracy theories out there! People seem to be speculating that the show took a week off to figure out how to make a last minute switch to Taek as husband. No, no, no.

--

Seeing "Trash" again, even in that very short appearance, just reminded how affable and likable he was. R1994 was really full of charm in the 1st half. I don't even know what happened in the 2nd half, but the lovely show just turned exhausting and annoying - it just makes me sad now.

• Like 16

Hello fellow roommates! I've been a silent lurker and silent liker here *lol. Anyway I want to say that I love you guys, because you guys are lovely just like Taek and every post here are great awesome incredible you guys are truly genius just like Choi Taek:wub:

and err... So... I made a rrrreeeeaaalllyy short fic bcs I cant help but imagining what happened between DS and TK at LSH concert :sweatingbullets:

but this is real crap though...

i'm so sorry for my poor grammar 

Injoi *JB style 

Spoiler

img]

By the time they enter the concert venue, its already packed with many people. The sound of hundreds mouth block their ears to hear, but Choi Taek still see Deoksun lips motion. "Ah, I really want to see Lee SeungHwan closer though..."

"Heedong, let's go!" Deoksun naturally reach his hand and pulls him enters the crowd. It's not the first time they lock their hand together - it's like natural skinship for them - but Taek can't help but smile at the tingling feeling inside him.

When they almost reach the front row, Lee SeungHwan shows up on stage, causing the crowd to move forward. The crowd push Deoksun around, makes her almost fall. Taek tighten his hold on Deoksun's hand, pulls her to stand in front of him while closing the gap between them. "Stay close, I will be right behind you." He said in her ear.

Deoksun gulps.

She doesn't even pay attention to the opening song. That feeling that she always try to bury burn her inside. She doesn't even know if the thumping inside her caused by the sound system or her heart that beating so fast. Or maybe beacuse of the warm hand who hold her close to warm body behind her.

She turns her head, facing the warm boy behind her, and find his smile. The smile that keeps appearing and disturbing her mind and dream lately.

Deoksun. Instead of other people liking you, who is it that you like? You can like someone instead of someone liking you, right?

"Choi Taek," he raises his brows. 

She moves her lips closer to his ear. 

"I like you."

#TeamTaek

• Like 16

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

Wedding sound DS went because of her friend/airhostess because of his colleague ...What do the DC posts say btw?All that you mentioned here?

They cant be spending 18 hours filming for minor roles , can they? And the won't waste too much airtime for minor roles will they, when they have almost a dozen major roles closure to do within 3 hours airtime? It make more sense if its SW-BR's wedding, but then again tthis story we're watching is based on 2015 DS interview, so is there any point for her to give eleborate description of her sister's wedding? Shouldn't she talk more abt her own wedding/event because I'm sure the interviewer is more interested about her life than her sister/friends' 

• Like 15