Quantcast

Guest gerimisore

Hi, guys! I've always been a lurker here but decided to write something because I want to spazz with all of you. I'm a bit hesitant in doing so because I'm afraid of writing nonsense and getting no response. LOL. But, here I am anyway.

First of all, I still think the smoking hint is important. People can brush it off by saying JH can pick up the habit when he's in the army or workplace, but do people forget that, as SW mentioned before, the Kim brothers have weak immune system (or "weak bodies" as he said it)? JB even has a heart condition. JH defended the senior bully by calling him "nice guy" on the basis of "he doesn't smoke" which later puzzled SW and called him "amoeba" because how simple his reason is (LOL). JH is smart, and as a younger brother of someone who has a heart condition, he has to know that smoking is bad for health. But, still, there is a possibility that he'll smoke in the future. Who knows.

However, given how caring DS is (moreover it's her husband!), the way 2015 DS reacts toward the husband's "I'll come back after a smoke" is rather bland. It's like she used to it. If JH is indeed picking up the smoking habit in the future and making it habitual (not just occasional), it makes sense then. But if it's occasional, like he smokes but due to some reason (like, his health, perhaps) he only does it in certain events, shouldn't DS be worried and reminded him about it? I can imagine her saying, "Ya! I told you to stop with the smoking!" After all she, of all people, should know his husband's so-called "weak immune system". She even makes a fuss when the husband doesn't wear warm clothes.

Of course JH can have a smoking scene too in the future (PD-nim, you like to confuse us, do you?). Perhaps, just like any other teenage boys, he will get curious and try to smoke too. But making it habitual? I don't think that fits JH's character (even though he looks rather 'rough' on the outside). But, hey, in the span of a couple decades, anything can happen, right? Because, recalling how different TK and the future husband behave, we're also still holding onto that "future can change people" rope. Although TK has been making some progress lately which is good.

The color theory is interesting. As someone who studied English Lit. I'm used to studying symbolism in novels and dramas and this color theory reminds me about that. So far, the explanation in this thread makes so much sense. I'm really glad reading it (even though it's rather confusing for some people, but I like it. LOL. Please do continue the observation XD). I'm not sure if people in this thread know about it, but some shippers believe JH is green and TK is red by comparing Reply 1988 poster with Olympic logo.

(I can't post pics here so I just include the links if that's okay)

Olympic logo: http://indiannerve.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/olympic-rings-on-white-logo.jpg

Reply poster: http://dramawe.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Reply-1988-Ep-8-Eng-Sub.jpg

See? JH is green here and TK is red. But considering the latest 'discovery' about SW being red (since the red doll kisses the purple one), I think we can safely cross off this theory. Since the beginning I also believe TK is green based on his door 'though.

TK's dark-blue-outside-and-green-inside cap as mentioned above is also interesting. It's like a hint that the PD wants us to believe that TK is blue but he's actually green. LOL. What am I saying? XD Well, we can just laugh it off together if our theory is wrong 'tho ^^

On another note, I'm really REALLY happy to be in this thread ^^ As someone who likes TK character, I felt so lonely since most comments in almost ALL Reply 1988 articles are heavily JH-DS oriented (thus JH is mentioned more often than TK). So this thread feels like paradise! :D I visited all the three threads before, but finding myself more comfortable here. I hope we can always stay positive no matter what the outcome is in the end. You guys rock! <3 

I'm just hoping that if, IF, TK is indeed the initial husband, the Writer won't change it to JH just because RJY gains immense popularity in SK recently. Hmm. I put my trust in you, Writer-nim.

I apologize for the long rant ^^; Hehe.

Have a good day, people! :)

Wait what dRaFT! Tk might be drafted what o.o if that happens i will be in shock but like that makes so much more narrative sense then him running away tbh 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hien le said:

I wonder if Teak is the husband in the future. Will they have bed scenes such as 1997 like YJ and SW ?. I think it will be funny because Teak is so innocent. 

Thank you guys for the analysis  

LOL....

I'm curious how he's gonna approach it too...However I don't think he is as naive/innocent as he looks. In fact I wonder if he's really clumsy or dependant as he seems to be when he's with his family especially when he is with DS. I think he enjoys how the gang fuss abt him and he's specifically demands for DS's attention in his own subtle way, so he can really loosen up & enjoys the pampering every chance he gets. In actual he's very capable & perceptive.  We can see how fast & reliable he is when he needs to be.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

Wait what dRaFT! Tk might be drafted what o.o if that happens i will be in shock but like that makes so much more narrative sense then him running away tbh 

This is what i'm talking about. i stumbled upon this comment in which he/she said that he may be drafted because he's not in school anymore and is already of age. but i wish i have more background info on this. i thought that if you're the only son of the family you can't be drafted? and did the real life baduk player TK is modeled after (lee chang ho) serve in the army? idts.. also it looks like there's a lot of empty white space but then again idk how the korean army draft letter looked like back in the day. 

Screen_Shot_2015_12_13_at_4_26_54_PM.png

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

The color theory is interesting. As someone who studied English Lit. I'm used to studying symbolism in novels and dramas and this so-called color theory reminds me about that. So far, the explanation in this thread makes so much sense. I'm really glad reading it (even though it's rather confusing for some people, but I like it. LOL. Please do continue the observation XD). I'm not sure if people in this thread know about it, but some shippers believe JH is green and TK is red by comparing Reply 1988 poster with Olympic logo.

(I can't post pics here so I just include the links if that's okay)

Olympic logo: http://indiannerve.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/olympic-rings-on-white-logo.jpg

Reply poster: http://dramawe.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Reply-1988-Ep-8-Eng-Sub.jpg

See? JH is green here and TK is red. But considering the latest 'discovery' about SW being red (since the red doll kisses the purple one), I think we can safely cross off this theory. Since the beginning I also believe TK is green based on his door 'though.

in the reply poster though taek is still standing near the green and he's the only one who is sitting on the yellow. though :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

@nearsea. I doubt it, pity mostly applies to second leads :/ In R97 Hyung was more pitiful one too, I think I will never see YJ in JH or CB in Taek, because outright personality is just too different. I realized one thing though each time they show Taek crying or sad in previews everyone assumes its because of DS and he is being Chilbonged but it's turns out to be this guy has his own life and everytime something occurs he doesn't look for DS at all like she is some kind of remedy ^^ It only happens to be DS herself willingly there for him and they always keep things light together forgetting other life or love problems which leads me to belive in them they will be just fine in the future. 

@hafunohane Is PD some freak o.o Just give it up PD-nim nobody cares anymore  ^^But yeah that hat is dark blue(facade) green (inside) lol I don't want to say anything more that this :D Their first scene ^^

image.png

Hihihi!  Nice @onlysb1 ..Taek kitchen is also color green... As in the the whole cabinet thing .. While his father talking to SW mother.. I'm not sure but I think it's ep.12 hihihihi!!! ^^

• Like 5

Guest gerimisore
14 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

in the reply poster though taek is still standing near the green and he's the only one who is sitting on the yellow. though :)

I know right. I don't buy it either that Taek is red. I mentioned it because some people (I'm sorry I forgot who) asked why people thought Taek is red. And I thought that assumption is based on this comparison. I'm just simply answering ^^; I also think Taek is green from the beginning 'though.

Ok so JH is a great guy because he give up his love to DS for friendship? 

Or is it just because he doesn't love DS enough to risk his friendship? :P 

Sumthing to ponder abt....because JH situation is certainly different than R97 YYJ. YJ never give up his love for SW, he just back off for his only brother, whom has sacrifice & given up so much in his life just so to raise him. A brother who is a parent to him & whom he loves as much as he loves SW...he even confess to her. And SW understand him so well. She knows what her heart wants back then, she refused TW & treated him just like a brother ever since. But we can see the bonding between YJ & SW are very strong since young...and just like YJ taking care of SW since they were little, in a reverse way its how DS take care of Taek since young..

so I bet its the later...JH just experiencing his first real life crush like everyone else...

And oh the pillow thingy is so cute...of all colors they have, its yellow pillow for Taek &  purple for SW...hahaha...this PD is really messing up with us with this color stuff!!!

@gerimisore

To add abt the smoking clue, in ep 12 Taek doesn't seem to hide his smoking habits from DS anymore.  He seems to smoke comfortably while waiting for DS. I think he did say he's gonna smoke there for a while didnt he? Which explain why adult DS nonchalant expression when jealous husband wanna smoke...and I still believe husband has no idea abt wife crush on SW & JH during their teens, until after he reads her diary, that's why he gets all cranky because of the chocolate.  If he's JH why wud he make such fuss abt it since he knows well whom she likes & who likes her during high school since back then?

And talk abt ep 2 adult scene, among the first thing hubby said was "Why you spend so much time with the guys? "  then check out in ep 3 when DS was practising her dance, DR open the door & saw Taek, his gaze went straight to DS then to the guys & back to DS as he scowled at her. It also doesn't seem right for the others to give the comment because DS has been part of them since birth,  so naturally she'd continue to be with them. Its only Taek who sees her as a girl among the boys when he moved to their neighborhood,  also when he spent lesser time with them since after he quit school & focus on his baduk games. Also now it seems like he always comes out at the right time to get his milk on purpose just to DS off to school... :D

My 2 cents on the preview. ..

I thought the minimum aged to be drafted is 20 (as in Korean age) but Taek & the rest just turn 19...or at least how they counted age in Korea. At first I thought he left because of the baduk thingy pressure & he wants to things up & perhaps will then go back to high school & complete his senior year with the rest. But if he gets drafted & join the army instead,  perhaps its the start of the time jump...which explained DS meets & dates that guy from Blood, Three Musketeers & Bride of the Century :)

• Like 10

the age of enlistment is 18-35...and yess Lee chang ho did enlist as other baduk players have as well ( only Olympic athletes might be exempt), I cant find the exact years that he did because he seems to have been in a tournament every year but I could see that he was most likely allowed to attend the a few tournaments during the time?? 

Maybe if Tk realized Ds likes Jh, and his dad is getting married, and baduk is stressing him out he would actually agree to the early enlistment instead of waiting till he is 35 ??

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hafunohane said:

This is what i'm talking about. i stumbled upon this comment in which he/she said that he may be drafted because he's not in school anymore and is already of age. but i wish i have more background info on this. i thought that if you're the only son of the family you can't be drafted? and did the real life baduk player TK is modeled after (lee chang ho) serve in the army? idts.. also it looks like there's a lot of empty white space but then again idk how the korean army draft letter looked like back in the day. 

Is it only me but when I look closely, it seems like a photo, not a letter

Btw I thought about this last nigh (I am so obsessed), in Eng sub, the husband said in ep 2: "Why do you spend so much time with the boys?'" but in Viet sub he said; "Why do you like guys so much back then?"

Again 2 different ways of translating, because @Ixands and some others already interprete the end sub, I feel that if the true translation is the latter one, then it leans even more to taek. Because I am sure DS writes about her crushes (SW and JH) in her diary and I dont' see her dating anyone else outside of their gang, I don't think she can date Taek before ending up with JH either (because it's weird, like Lee Joon said, it's nothing diffferent from an animal kingdom). That's why if the husband is JH, then she only had 2 guys she ever liked, one of them is him. However, if it's Taek, then she already like SW, then JH before him and it just makes more sense for him to say so.

I wich I knew Korean  =.=

• Like 4

@lovelyrainy I think it does look like a piece of paper. It's mostly white and appears to be about the size of a standard sheet of paper. But there is definitely something sitting on top of it. Something that looks like a zip-lock bag, but I don't know if that was available back then. It also looks like it could be a shadow or a water spill.

What I'm afraid this is all for is that it's something health-related. The recap on DB said that his father picked up some medication for him in episode 12, so that means he's still been taking medicine. We haven't been seeing those medicine packets since the beginning for nothing. This will be brought up again. What if that's now...? Remember we had some hints about the Sung family's flooring being off, but we didn't address it until episode 11. We've been spoiled for the past couple of episodes, not seeing the medicine, but TK has still been consistently shown overworking until he collapses from exhaustion and sleep-deprivation. He even smokes. I'm worried. I'm sure it's poor taste to kill off a character who's based off of a living real figure, but there's likely to be something happening eventually.

I wish Shin PD will share his notes on the drama when it's done. I want to know what were real clues and what we were just overanalyzing. This drama drives me insane. I need to focus on finals.

• Like 9

@liteulkwin Yeah that's what I thought too, I think water spelled on some important paper because if that's not the case they would have taken paper from table. SW asking "Hasn't Taek called yet, Ahjussi?" It's not necessarily means Taek gone to somewhere, maybe he didn't arrive at time he supposed  to do because he needed that paper that's why everyone in panic mode. Remember everyone overreacts when it comes to Taek ^^

Edit: Also as it has mentioned in text preview most likely Superman gonna be Taek's father ^^

• Like 7

That scene when TK came back all tired from the losing match and rest his head on DS shoulder.

it speaks so much to my heart.

DS is a home for him. it felt like home with her.

I'm try and try and try so hard to get on JH  ship so i can get of this sinking ship aka taektanic lol

but i just can't ... i'm not feeling JHxDS scenes what is wrong with me??? i mean it's cute and all but i just not investing in it.

helppp

• Like 8

@onlysb1 Ohhhhh yeah. Maybe he didn't "leave home" but he just "hasn't come home yet." What if he's collapsed at the baduk center or something and no one's heard from him? I'm sorry. I keep worrying about his health. I'm feeling more reassured that he hasn't gone missing or something.

I completely forgot about the text preview! I'm thinking maybe TK witnesses how hard his father has been working for him and that's why he looks so sad. His hair is wet and he has a towel around his neck, so I'm guessing he just got out of the shower at home. I hope it's like that other preview when we saw TK cry but then learn that it was happy tears from hearing his father saying he loves him.

• Like 9

On December 13, 2015 at 9:48 PM, minibunny said:

I think I just stick to this thread and just go to main thread only for the live recap and preview until this husband hunting is over.. Huu thank god for this thread..

Same! It's cool and all there when people are just neutral and discussing the drama openly. But when it comes to comparing Teak and JH, it's like hell breaks loose. Sure, everyone has their own opinion and I respect that but don't go over the top to make one look bad than the other. Like there was a post  of someone that was reading into the scene where Teak tells the gang that he likes DS as Teak is telling everyone indirectly something along the line "I like DS so back off", and I was over here laughing my butt off and like "Oh please, shut up!" Teak is a genius when it comes to anything requires high IQ but not reading people LOL. He's confused at everything that asks for common sense. We're all clear on that. So when I read that post, I got really offended. I wanted to call that person out so badly, but I knew it would go unnoticed due to the massive amount of members on JH's ship. Plus, there's no need to cause any heat or tension. I'm more comfortable sharing my thoughts here with you guys anyway. 

I guess the reason why such comments got to me instantly is because I have a soft spot for Teak. I have fallen for him ever since he cried telling DS's dad that he missed his mom every day. My heart hurt with that poor child. He's a mysterious character that I keep wanting to know more. Sadly, most of the time, he just appears playing baduk silently, and nothing much to it. His character is added more colors and shown a little better only when DS is around. I guess that's why I want them together, because DS is the only one who is able to put a bright smile on his face - the reason why I'm on this ship. I enjoy reading all of your theories with strong argument. It gives me hopes and all. So please keep up the good work. 

I haven't watched the last 2 episodes (I refuse to watch it live, cux it's aired at 7 am or something where I live) but at this point, I could give a damn about who the husband is. I won't even let the PD troll me no morem1315.gif As long as it's a reasonable ending, I'm okay with it. And I hope Teak will be happy in the end no matter what.

Sorry for my rant. I just felt the need to get this off my chest. Group hug everyone t4624.gif we shall overcome this together!

• Like 15

I feel like there is more Ds and Tk shippers then people think, but because of how many people got burned with Cb, they are remaining silent until the end

• Like 10

Guest gerimisore
On 14/12/2015 at 8:36 AM, lxands said:

And talk abt ep 2 adult scene, among the first thing hubby said was "Why you spend so much time with the guys? "  then check out in ep 3 when DS was practising her dance, when DR open the door & saw Taek, his gaze went to DS then to the guys & back to DS as he scowled at her. It also doesn't seem right for the others to give the comment because DS has been part of them since birth, so naturally she'd continue to be with them. Its only Taek who sees her as a girl among the boys when he moved to their neighborhood,  also when he spent lesser time with since he quit school & focus on his baduk games. 

(Sorry to cut your post)

Woaaa, it makes sense! O: The more I read about TK-DS, the more I want them to be together, which, for me, is bad (because, initially, I don't want to get TOO involved in the shipping game). Guess, I just can't help it :( I mean, I understand why people ship JH-DS more. Because the rather-dumb-but-sunny girl who got paired up with a smart tsundere is like a traditional mold for almost any Asian dramas (I've seen so many of it honestly). It's a formula that drama watchers always like. It always works. It doesn't help either that since the beginning we got to see from JH's POV (and most of the time Taek is nowhere to be seen). Added to the fact that both JH and the future husband are grumpy, then BAAM! Who doesn't ship them? I gotta be honest but JH-DS is rather believable at the beginning. But I don't know, I don't see the sparks between them (yet). Sure their scenes are cute and I squealed a bit watching it, but I've seen something similar in other dramas. And also as the show progress, Taek also continues to grow (which is kinda suspicious isn't it, if he's intended to be the 2nd lead?). And reading the theories here makes me believe that Taek stands a chance too. Honestly, IMO, it seems Taek is more and more fitted to be the husband (assuming the hints that we talked about here are true because, heck, almost all of them are believable. It's like finding the hidden puzzle pieces and so far they're very well-suited with the story. You guys are awesome!). 'Though, I guess, I just want to believe what I want to believe. No matter who the husband is, I just want Taek to be happy. The preview of the next episode makes me kinda worried. I hope he's okay :( But most R1988 trailers are there for the purpose of trolling. So, I hope nothing bad happens.

I haven't watched episode 12 yet, I just saw some clips from tvN Youtube channels, but Taek's scenes are so funny XD It makes me genuinely sad because only few people talk about him :( And his scenes with DS are so sweet and touching <3 I personally love the piano backsound when Taek leans his head on DS's shoulder and when he offers to wait for her outside the toilet. Are they a part of the OST? Because I want to hear more. 

I didn't watch R1994, but I always crack up at seeing how the name Chilbong has become a term now. People used it as a verb and adj. to describe the pathetic situation of the 2nd male lead which is kinda funny to me. Due to his unrivaled sad and ill-treated love story, the dude has become legend  in the realm of swoony 2nd male leads ^^;;

3 hours ago, mangachickava said:

Personally I think its unlikely that the letter is the army draft letter. My speculation is that Taek is upset / needs some time coming to terms about his dad and SW mom getting together. Recall that in the latest episode we saw how SW had difficulties thinking about the possibility that his mom may get together with Taek dad. I think now its time for Taek's POV on the same issue.

On the same topic of Taek going to the army - I suspect that Taek may end up not going to army, or even if does go to the army, he may be put in a less taxing administrative position. I think Taek taking medication frequently may be foreshadowing for him to fail his pre-army health checkup. (But don't think our Taekie will get a tragic end...)

But personally, I would love to see Taekie go off to the army sometime in the future. Somehow I think Park Bo Gum/Taekie would look very hot in army fatigues! XD

• Like 6

15 hours ago, mellinadear said:

There are sometimes I watch the show and my feelings sway(I'm really holding myself not to ship very deep). I see things that move me and I go "awww". Writing observations on the main thread means you have to be courageous LOL..Shippers there are dominant. I visit the other thread too and the dialogues are so heavy hahaha. I'm happy with this thread. TK-DS shippers have been called delusional, or trying to "shove" the ship down others throat, etc. But y'all have stood fast and not let that worry you. Even though the ship may not be strong/dominant like others,y'all still stand and are willing to. I applaud everyone. 

This thread is so light with dialogues and I love it. That's why I feel free to post. :)

Let me hug you girly. Your post makes me smile. I was the same way before. I'm not really into shipping or reading into things that are meant to unfold slowly throughout the show. But I've picked this ship and decided to stand firm with it because I once visited JH ship and let's just say, I was so upset about how people just did not have any respect towards others who don't share the same thought/ idea with them. And at the main thread, I've noticed posts that are not JH/DS related automatically get ignored which is absolutely retarded and childish. I'm so much more comfortable being here. If you enjoy being here, just come visit often

• Like 6

2 hours ago, moonkeeper said:

Hihihi!  Nice @onlysb1 ..Taek kitchen is also color green... As in the the whole cabinet thing .. While his father talking to SW mother.. I'm not sure but I think it's ep.12 hihihihi!!! ^^

@gerimisore @onlysb1 guys I visited main thread..It's quite uncomfortable to stay...it's really crowded of JH/DS shipper...anyway I just notice that some of them claim that JH is green? Is there's any strong clues to support this claim? I haven't read much the main thread that's why I'm quite curious...why most of them claim JH is green?

• Like 4