Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Guest hien le

Thank you guys for find the hints that provide for Teak. I just watched ep 12, I think DS like teak but she  doesn't realize that. When teak hug DS, they are very close, but she doesn't push him out. asian cultures are not open for touching and hugging even you are close friends. 

19 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

Me too, because they never showed us clearly when JH and Taek fell for DS so we can't say but I always think Taek is green because of his door color. Beside, now that we know, Taek had liked DS from the beginning and the green doll always looked at the yellow one. Beside in that scene DS cried, didn't JH was laughing because he was happy SW didn't like her? I can't see if the blue doll is smiling or not

Yes I also believe taek is green and JH is blue based on their door colors.. i don't understand why people said at the beginning he's red.. That's why I don't pay attention to the color theory

• Like 1

omg, now i am looking at every little color theory but i promise this is the last one:

tumblr_nzak6r5fXs1qgrnp6o1_1280.png

green and yellow corridor which i take as dukseon also finally entering into green territory and realizing something whereas taek already deep into it.

tumblr_nzakcja0jS1qgrnp6o1_1280.png

choosing and entering a new version of taek 

• Like 14

On 12/9/2015 at 3:37 PM, Meliere said:

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following CANNOT happen in the next two episodes:

• Noble idiocy from Jung Hwan
  • DS continuing to treat TK like a baby/puppy/little brother, and seeming romantically disengaged. 

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following should happen in the next two episodes:

• an umbrella scene between Taek & DS (not *necessary*, but definitely helpful)

I want to discuss the underlined points. Scrolled through some good comments on DB for the past two episodes' recaps, and found some interesting remarks made by the smart readers over there. btw @liteulkwin thanks for keeping tabs! love what you have to say about TK and his dynamics with DS.

1. Noble Idiocy From JH:  some people in DB and JH's thread said that they don't see JH's actions as noble idiocy. in relation to BR's narration ("you're unable to hate them") during his sweet scene with TK where he puts him to bed, people say that he simply loves both TK and DS and hence why he doesn't make a significant move. some say that his action is a byproduct of the bro-code thingy because TK confessed to the boys that he likes DS first. and for the noble idiocy to be in full effect we have to see him step away so TK can make his move, but in ep11 when he was trying so hard to avoid/ ignore DS, Taek DID NOT make any move.., so some people believe that JH's just doing the 'bros before h*s' thing and he wants to hide his crush longer because he may think that DS doesn't like him back or that he may lose/ hurt TK. so depending on your opinion on it the noble idiocy part from JH's side is not set in stone yet. (one could argue that he's doing what he's doing for several reasons, not just noble idiocy. so i would say that this noble idiocy point isn't set in stone yet).

2. Umbrella scene between TK & DS: Ok, idk if this counts or not as well, but in this scene, an umbrella is present. notice that the umbrella is yellow with greenish/blueish stripes (gotta zoom in since it's pretty dark but the color's kinda vague).

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2015_12_13_at_1_44_45_AM.png

3. DS Continuing To Treat TK As A Puppy/Bro/Baby: hmm, this one is tricky. we see that she still cuts his food for him, and make sure he eats,.... BUT, when was the last time we see DS pats his head like a baby? i replayed the above scene so many times and even though DS comforted TK with the right words "you've worked hard," and the moment seems perfect for her usual motherly gesture towards TK, she keeps her hand away from his head. in fact, cmiiw, but ever since this scene at TK's house at episode 8 (photos below), we did not see DS do that to TK again. AT ALL. so???

Spoiler

answer08-00266.jpg

(DB's recap said that TK doesn't seem too happy about DS' gesture which says A LOT because he always smiles at everything she does/ says.)

.... AND, WHAT DO YOU KNOW.. A REVERSAL OF ROLES JUST MOMENTS LATER (same episode)

Spoiler

answer08-00561.jpg

Again, this means that depending on how one sees it, the following could be the latest state of the list (made by @Meliere):

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following CANNOT happen in the next two episodes: (I believe none of this has happened in ep 11&12)

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following should happen in the next two episodes:

• Taek is revealed to know about DS's crush on SW. Come on.. dude isn't oblivious. He WAS THERE during the pizza scene, when DS encouraged SW to confess during the first snow with those wide eager eyes. I mean, isn't that why Taek confessed during the first snow?!
  • an umbrella scene between Taek & DS (not *necessary*, but definitely helpful) -i believe the shoulder lean with the umbrella counts although it's folded.-
  • an indication that DS isn't indifferent to Taek, and possibly sees him as a man. A scene with some sexual tension would be greatly helpful, LOL.-same scene-
  • Taek not acting like some oblivious second lead chasing blindly after the girl.-passed out playing baduk scenes and also that scene of him working hard at baduk in a montage of all the kids seriously studying-
  • some further developments in Taek's character, to show that he's capable of speaking and acting like modern-day husband (who, to be honest, currently acts like JH's carbon copy).-"crazy bastard" with SW scene + cursing lesson with DS scene-
  • Gesture(s) of care from Taek. So far it's been DS who's been protecting him. A reversal would be awesome. (credit: @liteulkwin ) -trenchcoat scene's aftermath at the stairs and toilet bodyguard scene-
  • Taek discovering JH's feelings. Or Taek discovering DS's (possible) feelings for JH. And instead of acting like psychotic determined second lead, he'll back off and date other girls.

----

IDK guys as much as I am a JH/DS shipper i must admit after too much time spent replaying TK scenes (which most of them involve DS), i think i have one foot on JH/DS ship and one foot in Taektanic, so i'm gonna sink either way once the triangle clears up. if i have one extra foot i'd plant that in DR/DS ship too BUT SERIOUSLY THIS THREAD IS SO MUCH FUN. and also, as a JH/DS shipper forgive us if we saturate the main thread too much with the JH-DS comments.

• Like 13

I also wondering is DS really like JH? She changes her behavior when she knows that he likes her.. What if she knew that TK likes her, will she changes like that again? If yes, so which one that she truly likes? I just hope that DS can likes someone because she's truly likes him, not because someone told her..

what makes me worry and feeling uncertain is the noble idiocy of JH, usually the lead who get the girl do this idiotic sacrifice but then TK-DS moments steal the drama again..they so naturally comfortable to each other.. 

And I don't know why the PD and writer want to show us that TK become more and more like the future husband (cursing,smoking, bickering and getting beaten by DS)..it's like that they want to convince us that TK, based on the clues, is the husband but the plot of the drama leads to typical kdrama which makes JH is the husband.. I'm so confused right now :( 

Edited by minibunny
  • Like 7

Just wanted to add that I think Taek really does remember anything related to Deoksun, does he? lol

Because from what I see before the 1st washroom scene where Deoksun encountered the flasher when Deoksun stood up to go to the washroom, Taek had this sort of contemplating type of expression on his face before he suddenly stood up to say that he's going as well. I feel that he might have recalled the time Deoksun was talking about a flasher being present in the area and was worried for her to go alone. Anyone else felt that way?

And also I like the fact that Taek just stood there as an observer instead attacking the flasher (which is something I could see Junghwan doing. lol) because it is totally in line with how his character is. He has always seen Deoksun as this tough girl who is able to take care of herself. He has that much of confidence in her. And seeing that she acted in accordance to his belief he was impressed and was sorta proud of her. Did you see that smile? haha 

But that moment also highlights the moment of realization for him when she cried. Realization that Deoksun may be strong but she's still just a girl who needs protection sometimes. Thus the 2nd washroom scene. He wanted to protect her using the excuse of going out for a smoke. I think that's sweet.

I actually like the scenes where Taek is being all oppa-like such as the toilet bodyguard scene or the earlier "what do you want as a gift? I'll get it for you" scene because it's such a contrast from his usual cute self. I would love to see more of those kind of scenes from him.

• Like 15

If the color thing is like Red/JH , Yellow/DS and Green/Taek.. 

I just watched the last ep...I noticed about the umbrella , DS pick pink/red umbrella but TK remove it from her head.. I feel double meaning of that..hahahahaha..sorry for my delusional imagination..but here it is..

i don't see any deep feelings between JH/DS ..maybe there's like a crush things only..DS feeling for JH is really shallow... It's like they purposely showing similar scene of DS/JH and TK/DS ..try to compare..DS/TK is more intimate and so passionate... While DS/JH is quite more just simply an attraction...

i remembered when there's a scene that DS asking JH about blind date..it's too closed yet she doesn't feel any intense..she never feel nervous.. And also when he lean with JH..doesn't impact at all...no feelings it just crush thing...

while Taek scene..both of them are full of emotions..unspoken emotions..and yes there's a feeling..and nervous , intense registered in DS face..

now back to umbrella..I interpreted like this.. DS put the red umbrella in her head -DS is just having crush with JH.its only on the mind...then Taek removed red umbrella-Taek will remove that on her head and Taek will be the one left..left on her mind and Heart!!!hahahah..umbrella left is Green though..hahahaah^^

• Like 12

The part where Sun Woo and Taek are in bed together made me think about them as brothers who fell in love with 2 sisters in their neighborhood and how they can't believe each other's taste but still support each other's feelings :)

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

@syaiira now you mention, when I watched the raw, I wonder why Taek followed DS the first time she went to restroom too. I know he always sticks to her but not to that point

@moonkeeper I don't think red is JH because there was purple and red dolls kissing ep 11 (SW and BR kissed)

@lovelyrainy I see..I think I overlook that scene..that's why I come up this interpretation..hahahaha..anyway thanks for always sharing your thoughts and observation.. ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minibunny said:

what makes me worry and feeling uncertain is the noble idiocy of JH, usually the lead who get the girl do this idiotic sacrifice but then TK-DS moments steal the drama again..they so naturally comfortable to each other.. 

And I don't why the PD and writer want to show us that TK become more and more like the future husband (cursing,smoking, bickering and getting beaten by DS)..it's like that they want to convince us that TK, based on the clues, is the husband but the plot of the drama leads to typical kdrama which makes JH is the husband.. I'm so confused right now :( 

Again I will post my honest thoughts here, please bear with  me JH shippers and feel free to criticize me so we can meet on the middle ground. If JH is husband I want your help to digest this conspiracy in writing 

About so called noble idiocy and JH's so called love for his friends....According to what narrative said us sometimes we just can't hate on someone even though we want to.  Okay, that's quite insightful if you look at it different ways. Has Taek done anything to deserve hate? No, he doesn't aware of what is going on with JH and can we blame him for that when JH unwilling to exhibit his loving side to his friends? I know he is such a good buy but do we really need to clap or cheer him for whatever is he doing now? Pardon me but I will blame writing for what they're are trying to do with JH's character. We watched him with head-start so he gained many shippers including me but right now Taek's in stage of character development while JH's in character derailment. Meaning writers assassinated his  character just to harvest pity from viewers. Because you know even a little failed attempt to talk things out with DS or consoling DR would made a huge difference for me keep rooting for him. Since It would not broke bro-code or change anything but it would change JH's facade. 

Please tell me am I obligated to buy what writers selling to me? If that's case let's give them a time skip and assume that JH matured enough to be more open about his feelings and he is brave to take (reduced)risks to be with DS and let's congratulate them even if we don't quite get DS's unchanged love for him in years because this is only fiction, fiction, fiction (inserts Beast's song) :D

• Like 6

I dont want to think about the color theory.. totally out of my league. I just want taek to have happy ending now that i have soft spot for him. For the preview i think taek runaway because of ds-jh.. he probably found out about jh or ds feeling. :bawling: 

• Like 4

There are sometimes I watch the show and my feelings sway(I'm really holding myself not to ship very deep). I see things that move me and I go "awww". Writing observations on the main thread means you have to be courageous LOL..Shippers there are dominant. I visit the other thread too and the dialogues are so heavy hahaha. I'm happy with this thread. TK-DS shippers have been called delusional, or trying to "shove" the ship down others throat, etc. But y'all have stood fast and not let that worry you. Even though the ship may not be strong/dominant like others,y'all still stand and are willing to. I applaud everyone. 

This thread is so light with dialogues and I love it. That's why I feel free to post. :)

Like @hafunohane ,I'm one leg in,one leg out but I'm mostly "in". At the end of the day,its all up to DS to Choose who she wants to spend the rest of her life with. 

• Like 10

I noticed that in episode 12, Taek seems to revolve around the word "scared/afraid". When he asked Sunwoo if he's not afraid of Bora, the scene where he mentions that he and his dad are afraid to check what got caught in their trap and the part with the pervert. Do you guys think it means anything? I just got curious. Waiting for the subs and new episode left me with nothing but fantasies and speculations huhu

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Again I will post my honest thoughts here, please bear with  me JH shippers and feel free to criticize me so we can meet on the middle ground. If JH is husband I want your help to digest this conspiracy in writing 

About so called noble idiocy and JH's so called love for his friends....According to what narrative said us sometimes we just can't hate on someone even though we want to.  Okay, that's quite insightful if you look at it different ways. Has Taek done anything to deserve hate? No, he doesn't aware of what is going on with JH and can we blame him for that when JH unwilling to exhibit his loving side to his friends? I know he is such a good buy but do we really need to clap or cheer him for whatever is he doing now? Pardon me but I will blame writing for what they're are trying to do with JH's character. We watched him with head-start so he gained many shippers including me but right now Taek's in stage of character development while JH's in character derailment. Meaning writers assassinated his  character just to harvest pity from viewers. Because you know even a little failed attempt to talk things out with DS or consoling DR would made a huge difference for me keep rooting for him. Since It would not broke bro-code or change anything but it would change JH's facede. 

Please tell me am I obligated to buy what writers selling to me? If that's case let's give them a time skip and assume that JH matured enough to be more open about his feelings and he is brave to take (reduced)risks to be with DS and let's congratulate them even if we don't quite get DS's unchanged love for him in years because this is only fiction, fiction, fiction (inserts Beast's song) :D

about the text that i colored... if that happen i will definitely hate reply series now... coz that just repeat what happen in the final ep of 1994... if JH can't be brave enough to confess his true feeling early in the drama let him be silence for the rest of the drama...

and actually i still doubt whether DS really like JH or just fall for her friend influence... remember she first fall for SW coz her friend said so... and now she also fall for JH coz her friend said so... i'm not saying that DS is that dumb but seeing from what happen in 1997 girl that age still really don't know who she really loved... but we could clearly see who DS care for the most...   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, namupeach said:

I dont want to think about the color theory.. totally out of my league. I just want taek to have happy ending now that i have soft spot for him. For the preview i think taek runaway because of ds-jh.. he probably found out about jh or ds feeling. :bawling: 

You're not alone whenever somebody brings up  colors I don't quite get it but since someone pointed it out  it's seems obvious

VX7Nrj.gif

• Like 4

Some in dramabeans are saying that jh is doing taek a service by sacrificing his love for him.I don't understand how it's any different than what his friends do? Why he's being portrayed here as the best of the lot,and that he is above all kind of human insecurities and all? Sun woo was shown on ep 12 having  thoughts against taek's dad,and how he says to bora that he does not like him.So he's a regular teenager acting his age,so why give special treatment to jh.I think the writer just placed a finishing line over jh doing the whole sacrifice thing and now this is gonna be dragged for a while until taek gets to know about it.I really hoped that this time it's gonna be different but all the clues are there to just puzzle us or keep us distracted I guess,because jh 'is' the one in their mind,as much as I try to deny it in my head lol.

• Like 2