Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, liteulkwin said:

Anyone who wants to join the LINE group please PM @niniiinggg, @mangachickava or myself your LINE ID, and we will invite you. Due to security reasons (that have to do with the internet! Not with JH Shippers!), we can no longer post the invite link publicly. Thank you!

unbelievable, under atTAEK. pls send any of us your Line ID, we'll invite you. Thank you 

• Like 6

Found this article on 10 things of soulmates. thought it was interesting (and scary...) how well it applied to TK/DS.

1. It's something inside:  "Describing how a soulmate makes you feel is difficult. It's a tenacious, profound and lingering emotion which no words can encompass." ( WHAT DID TK SAY TO SW, WHAT DID DS SAY TO DR...dont remember this for JH)

2. Flashbacks ( DS flashback to TK coming to the street, TK flashback in China...JH doesn't seem to have one...)

3. You just get each other. ( DS knows what to say or do for TK health, and TK knows what's wrong with DS aka flasher scene)

4. You fall in love with their flaws. "No relationship is perfect, and even soulmate relationships will experience ups and downs. Still, that bond will be much harder to break. Soulmates have an easier time of accepting, even learning to love, each other's imperfections. Your relationship is more likely to be a soulmate match if you both love each other exactly as you each are, accepting both the great and awful tendencies we all have." GIVE ME THE TIME JUMP

5. It's intense

6. You two against the world. ( TK with baduk, DS with all the haters)

7. You're mentally inseparable: "Soulmates often have a mental connection similar to twins. They might pick up the phone to call each other at the exact same time. Though life may keep you apart at times, your minds will always be in tune if you are soulmates."

8. You feel secure and protected: " Regardless of the gender of your partner, he or she should always make you feel secure and protected. This means that if you're a man, yes, your woman should make you feel protected, too! Your soulmate will make you feel like you have a guardian angel by your side. A person who plays on your insecurities, whether consciously or subconsciously, is not your soulmate."

9. You can't imagine your life without them. " A soulmate is not someone you can walk away from that easily. It is someone you can't imagine being without, a person you believe is worth sticking with and fighting for."

10. You look each other in the eye.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, mangachickava said:

yall our LINE got hacked

:grin:

troloolloolololol. the single best line ever. *shipping espionage* I feel so flattered. dang, every time I think we can't possibly be having more fun, the fun level ups by a factor of 6. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, allegramente said:

Want to do a Sunwoo (the other fabulous bowl-cut boy) and Deok-soen comparison?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE!!!! ( i have said this before but according to Chinese astrology, those born on the same day will have a lot of similar characteristics)  

• Like 11

2 hours ago, mariichii said:

If any of you know of any fics with our OTP  TK and DS, please share with me! Google may ban me if I keep spamming their search bar with it.

I wrote one yesterday, but am too embarrassed to share. It kind of turned a bit smutty at the end. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

Guest gerimisore

A shipper can dream, right? :wub:

tumblr_o0lto0woZn1ut7f1go1_r1_540.jpg

It's D-Day, guys!!!

Here our Deoksun wants to personally cheer on us and our super mega amazing ship! :D If you notice, DS wears Taek's mitten too :"> 

(It seems like she secretly wants us and Taekie to arrive at the "right port" :"> bhihihihi)

12400930_10205316050812739_8375684175112

This is my doodle from yesterday. I wrote H-1 instead of D-Day so I changed it using PS ^^; Pardon the poor quality. I didn't bring my scanner home :((

I might sound like a broken record, but truly I am so amazed at the ability of the people here in reading the subtext and finding the hidden clues. I mean, how can you guys??? HOW CAAAAN???? Are you sure you're not a part of secret organization or something? O:

(But then again, if you indeed are, since it's a secret then you won't be able to tell us as well. lel)

It's almost over, guys!!! Finally, the torture ends! :bawling:

47 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

you know your going to have to post it now...

pfffff.... LOL. well. ..if I did some massive self-censoring... :vicx::phew: We'll see. 

@gerimisore

Baby girl, I :heart: you so much. What a beautiful present from our resident artist. Taek = Ssangmun-dong treasure. You = taektanic's treasure. 

• Like 13

17 hours ago, liteulkwin said:

Omg I went to investigate what @sin921113 was talking about. I will provide the visuals. This is during episode 12 of Reply 1997 when Yoonjae and the boys are eating ramen at his house when this quote comes up:

http://i66.tinypic.com/34tae0z.png

And guess what they had just placed the ramen pot on?

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eywe4p.png

PD-NIM WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! @sin921113 you eagle eyes, you.

@liteulkwin big thanks for the caps...you help me a lot. I just wanna reminded you all that it isn't a big hint of the husband hunt end game, but maybe it's prove that the writer already create Taek's character since a long time ago for this Reply 1988. So that's way Taek's character has so many development and some similarity with the characters on the previous series.

17 hours ago, mangachickava said:

GET OUT ! @sin921113

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER

EVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRR

like how are you all so good at catching everything 

like can we compile everything and send it to the writer???? because i think she would cry at how much attention we put into her creation

-----

has the writer planned this from the start

for YEARSSSSS O.O

i got *shivers*

@mangachickava this is what I wanna say to the PD and SW. Wenyolll.....

• Like 14

@hafunohaneThanks for the brilliantly dissected post!! I enjoyed reading it! Now i have a little more to add on if you don't mind...

Regarding the selective memory of Choi Taekie... The problem was he didn't really bother with the mannito that day ( same as Bora). He was in a rush to get to the Baduk center, and if you noticed, he only picked the name AND then immediately stuck it into his pocket. If he opened it to see DS's name right then, you can be sure he will never forget he had to get her something until the day he dies hahahaha  

the entire episode was talking about how they were 18 and already too grown up to be bothered with things like secret santa... It only became important to Taek when he opened it that night and saw he got DS that he rushed out in winter in his jammies to look for her and insisted to get her something she wanted... Its also because he had always respected her and never did those sickening chaebol moves where the rich guy showers the poor candy girl with expensive presents all the time just because he could... So when this chance came up to buy her something she wanted, he wasn't about to give it up...  

As for how DS felt in the matter, I think she was just excited about the secret santa once she confirmed that Taek is hers. Why Taek? JH is rich too? She even tells Taek she will wait up for him until he comes back from Busan... Was she that excited to get a pair of gloves? She just wanted an excuse to wait for him and see him the moment he is back ! And he told her not to fall asleep and wait for him to drop by... BUT she sat there in the cold outside, waiting for goodness how long that she missed the ( I noticed its usually 1030pm) news that Taek lost.... and No Eul was returning from somewhere outside as well... She waited in the COLD for an hour plus so that she can get her hands on the gloves? I think not... hehehe...  

**add on now that I read your post again : I am guessing that DS realised something about the gloves... that she didn't feel that same 'choking excitement' she felt when she thought Taek brought them to her that morning. Maybe she started to wonder why that is. It would seem to me that, if her friends had not distracted DS with the fact that JH liked her, she may have been well on her way to finding out how she really feels about Taek... 

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Meliere said:

pfffff.... LOL. well. ..if I did some massive self-censoring... :vicx::phew: We'll see. 

@gerimisore

Baby girl, I :heart: you so much. What a beautiful present from our resident artist. Taek = Ssangmun-dong treasure. You = taektanic's treasure. 

@Meliere Please post it now... It might be the first massive self-censoring here but this is Taeks Room for sure everyone in this room waiting for it.. 100% sure it will be FUN to read.... ^_____^

• Like 10

6 hours ago, mangachickava said:

@hafunohane you are amazing. Thank you for putting the time to compile everything,

Also I think the importance of Pagers/Telephones in "ANSWER me" installments is really important and metaphorical...hence the possible spoiler of DS at a telephone booth at the concert can be an important indicator

Regarding BR/TK parallels, I kinda want to highlight some things that the BR we meet in early episodes does not capture the complex character that she is. I actually find her so much more similar to TK then JH and we have to remember some things about her that 1) she is the oldest! WOMAN in her family aka her freedom in life is restricted compared to TK 2) she is in a low-income family

Unlike TK who had the support to pursue his abilities to the fullest degree, BR COULDN'T and the fact she could even hope/attempt the greatness she knows she is capable of would feed a lot of bitter thoughts and make her more angry/resentful than her true character. The BR we meet in the first episodes is an unhealthy version of her, which is fine because we all have those stages in our life, but we can not "lock" her into that box.

TK/DS fans might miss the importance of the POV in the early episodes where from DS eyes Bora seemed like a mean sister/tutor, but from SW's eyes Bora was laughing and enjoying her sister's song during their tutoring session. (you know how SW mom does not like Bora...well her judge of character is not the best...remember what she said of TK's dad during the first batch of episodes)

Bora is BOTH people (hence why she is also a main lead in my books because only multifaceted characters get that much character work)

Bora and TK are both very smart, hardworking, and reserved individuals. We have not been shown this yet, but it has been implied that TK is very "picky" at letting people into his life...I am sure he gave A LOT of thought about his feelings towards DS and had the same level of hesitation that BR showed when SW confessed. On the weekend after ep 17,18 I might finally finish my "characterization/personality" analysis of TK,DS,JH,BR, and SW and hopefully, I will make more sense then (with examples to support)

Hi, should I introduce myself again?, I from SWxBR shipper forum, and silent reader for both husband candidate forum =)), I just want to say thank you for your observation of BR, especially the highlighted part. Can I share this post to my fellow SWxBR chingu-deul? I will credit back to you of course. Thank you =))

• Like 7

Looks like there will be a new OST releasing with Junghwan on the cover. 

36321345.jpg

Though I'm curious...how come OST part 9's cover art is so different from the rest? As in it's so much prettier aesthetically speaking. and I'm not just saying that because Taek and Deoksun are on the cover. hahaha

But really...why is it the odd one out?

Just look at how the design has been consistent so far..

drXym4N.png

and then OST part 9 looks like this:

vP4Ee9C.jpg

Quite different, no?

and the only other cover art that is different from the rest is OST Part 3.

cover.jpg

is this suppose to mean anything? or are they just rotating designers? hahahaha

I'm a graphic designer so it kinda bugs me since consistency is pretty much an important thing for us to take note of when it comes to designing something which belongs to it's own group or series. The only time we do design differently from the rest is if we want it to stand out and highlight its importance.

EDIT:

So I'm guessing that they are using it to highlight the importance of the song itself or rather the song is being used for significant or momentous turning points in the drama. As we all know OST part 3 is being used during the major turning point of Junghwan's feelings towards Deoksun. And as for OST part 9, although it has not been used yet but I believe that it will be used for a major turning point as well. And as the title of the song suggests, I'm gonna assume that momentous turning point will be the much anticipated time jump.

Edited by syaiira
  • Like 22