Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Haven't posted here before but I've been reading all along! When the drama started off, I really thought TK was just a additional sidekick to round off the plot. Turns out he's a larger position in the show and also in my heart :lol:

I havent watch ep 15 yet, because I'm waiting for 16 & 17. But knowing that there will be a time leap makes me anxious because things can really go in complete different directions. In my opinion, here are some possible scenes that may steer this ship in extreme ways (good/bad):

1. TK dating DS in 1994 (it can either mean they will break up eventually n DS marries JH or that they break up but eventually realize they can't do without each other( 

2. TK dating other girls (either for the sake of JH, or that he's developing his mysterious side. But if he's dating other girls it means he will 90% be DS husband!) 

3. JH dating other girls (this just brings us to a 180degrees turn around because JH is apparently not well received by girls but he's grown into a mature man so anything is possible! It also puts him into the running for the most possible husband) 

4. All the guys picked up smoking (confusing viewers is the life motto of the PDs, so why not?) 

5. SW & BR breaks up (does that put SR back into the running for DS potential husband? But younger sister marrying unnie's ex boyfriend doesn't seem to be so likely) 

6. Another 2015 scene showing DS hubby using right hand (There's just so many ways TK husband possibility can plummet, it makes me nervous) 

im sure there are many other ways for the plot to have drastic changes, but here are some of the scenes that I can actually imagine airing in my over-thinking brain.  I'm just really concerned about TK. >.<

• Like 18

1 hour ago, hafunohane said:

Let’s compare this with how the show highlighted TK’s selective memory many, many times. He remembered the craziest things, and since episode 0 this trait of his has been made known to us (I posted about this before). He knew the answer to the second question, he remembered how many stitches he got when he was 9, but he forgot things like the manito and watching the movie with the gang after his baduk competition. DR made a comment on his selective memory before in ep 8. And... adult DS also made a remark on his husband’s memory in ep 9:

Ok so the multi-shipper in me would like to stop here and not conclude anything/ assume anything and declare that i should wait for the 1989 concert scene (if we’re gonna be given any) to gauge the validity of this “concert memory” hint. It could be a red herring, like maybe JH’s awesome memory deteriorates over the years as he gets older (again, assuming JH is the husband. Am I in the wrong thread? Don’t kick me out of the blanket guys.). But yea, I’m sure you guys can connect the dots to conclude this theory in favor of TK too (since the husband did remember the concert year wrong)☺

Girl first of all I want that compartment of your heart which has got love for the two lovable guys,equally and uniformly ...:P:P.And about your selective memory post..correct me if I am wrong,if you really thought [as I got from your analyses]..that TK has got selective memory ..a.k.a he has problems to keep track of a lot of details...right? So does that not work in favor of the husband[assuming he's Tk] ? Because he could not remember in the first place if the concert happened in '88 or '89? =SS....Because as you said,JH can remember the most trivial details without any problem [and of course because she was pretty comment was totally to make DS jealous lol I thought]..so *if the 'husband is jh' it could not be that he would not recall such an important event of his/their life? =S Or I must have not understood this course of your text well.:confused:

Edited by nearsea
  • Like 7

just finish rewatching ep2 and then i watch r94 ep2 again somehow feel similar situation how even Trash already appear in ep1 like nj oppa but some others don't take much notice of him thinking he just her real oppa.

but he truly properly being introduce only start from ep2 after narration about how he end up acting like her oppa and end up being the last no.5 candidate for the husband...

same with taek even he appear in ep1 already part of gang but he truly only being properly introduce in ep2 again like oppaya getting the narration how taek ep up in ds and the gang life..it just feeling it continuation end of ep1 adult ds being asked how she met the husband and conveniencely ep2 ds narration start about when taek enter their life but not their life before taek...and while he been shown have interest on ds already since ep2 but he still the last man as husband candidate since start from ep6 only that people take him seriously even if he actually have like her long time ago XD

well i don't remember how in r97 what ep they show flashback of yj&sw childhood but usually the key character in the narration which this time about taek arrival in their life must mean something important..

well bowlcut guy + being main character in the narration/flashback in reply world kinda interesting coincidence or not:P

well just curious if taek gonna follow the r97&94 sunbaes with bowlcut fate in the ending lol XD

well im sure ppl already discuss this long time ago but im bored waiting for new ep lol

the choco really bring long discussion lol...well maybe the jacket theory is right but somehow i still think it already solve that it really intended for sw since the date is the time she have the first love for him...

jh good memory+currently not smoking while tk selective memory+smoking...well unless the writer change jh to have bad memory when he get older and become smoker the answer pretty much already there...well time jump can change people maybe 

chant to myself low expectation no expectation zero expectation stop reading every csi posts go back drown to deep sea wake me up when ep20 end

• Like 8

@hafunohane you are amazing. Thank you for putting the time to compile everything,

Also I think the importance of Pagers/Telephones in "ANSWER me" installments is really important and metaphorical...hence the possible spoiler of DS at a telephone booth at the concert can be an important indicator

Regarding BR/TK parallels, I kinda want to highlight some things that the BR we meet in early episodes does not capture the complex character that she is. I actually find her so much more similar to TK then JH and we have to remember some things about her that 1) she is the oldest! WOMAN in her family aka her freedom in life is restricted compared to TK 2) she is in a low-income family

Unlike TK who had the support to pursue his abilities to the fullest degree, BR COULDN'T and the fact she could even hope/attempt the greatness she knows she is capable of would feed a lot of bitter thoughts and make her more angry/resentful than her true character. The BR we meet in the first episodes is an unhealthy version of her, which is fine because we all have those stages in our life, but we can not "lock" her into that box.

TK/DS fans might miss the importance of the POV in the early episodes where from DS eyes Bora seemed like a mean sister/tutor, but from SW's eyes Bora was laughing and enjoying her sister's song during their tutoring session. (you know how SW mom does not like Bora...well her judge of character is not the best...remember what she said of TK's dad during the first batch of episodes)

Bora is BOTH people (hence why she is also a main lead in my books because only multifaceted characters get that much character work)

Bora and TK are both very smart, hardworking, and reserved individuals. We have not been shown this yet, but it has been implied that TK is very "picky" at letting people into his life...I am sure he gave A LOT of thought about his feelings towards DS and had the same level of hesitation that BR showed when SW confessed. On the weekend after ep 17,18 I might finally finish my "characterization/personality" analysis of TK,DS,JH,BR, and SW and hopefully, I will make more sense then (with examples to support)

• Like 19

Wasn't there a moment when the 3 mom's were talking and they discussed/joked Taek having his dad's hair when he grows up? I don't think I'm over reaching here. I just want it to be him so badly. I get hit with the feels EVERY TIME. It HAS to be him! If not, will someone go to therapy with me? Seriously,  I'm so glad I found this thread. If any of you know of any fics with our OTP  TK and DS, please share with me! Google may ban me if I keep spamming their search bar with it.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

y'all can someone be in charge of creating a new LINE group, and through PRIVATE messaging (soompi) allowing people into it ( so people contact you with their id privately and you link them after checking they are a tk ds shipper)??

I think it's falling onto @liteulkwin's shoulders? 

oh and guise, #rememberthetrolls 

edit: ok I've just sent it to you @liteulkwin and on this thread my ID, so please add it @mellinadear gomapta! :lol:

edit: GUISE THE NAME IS CHANGING ALL THE TIME. SO WHOEVER CREATES THE GROUP ADD ME. :glasses:

• Like 7

EVERYONE

The one and only @hafunohane has attached the playlist of the songs played during  TK and DS  scenes   to the first post on this thread!

If you are curious as to when the song played during their scenes, you can go through my previous posts ( or message me) and I have the songs according to ep/scene :) *im still working on ep 3/4*

*** @hafunohane has added a note to each song in the playlist with the scene it played in***

• Like 13