Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Taek: almost hints/ clues leading us to him.(we aware him becAuse we searching detail from the future husband) he never had a chance to start? so please give him chance ?!

Jh: almost sweet romance and noble idiocy leading us to him (he just obviously in the show) but so frustrated, hello? This series now reach 16 ep?even if you like each other, please show us? Still no progress right? Just like drowning in the sea after 14/15 ep?

did you guys realize? Reply series always about hunting husband? Hunting means we searching for that? Searching for clues? Not the obvious one? But the hidden behind that?

the scene from future show us about sherlock holmes book ! So we should spying until the tiny one clue/hints?

P.S: i read about park bo geum being cast because the writer/director want him to joint personally. So what the meaning for this? Most actor or actress as main lead always cast by request from the writer, and the scripts come to them. Because they fit to play the character. 

• Like 16

It's just Thursday and although it's Friday we also has to wait until 5PM

With all the spoilers this week, I, have to turn on my Praying Mode.

All Taeksun shippers proved the one who was carrying is TAEK.

All Hwansun shippers proved the one who was carrying is TAEK (as the coat on bench).

Who knows?

PD nim, Writer nim, filming crew, PBG, Heyri, RJY all knows about it only and Godness I wish I was one of those guys so much.

Just Praying.

God of Baduk.

God of Ramyun.

God of Pizzaa.

God of video tapes, cassette tapes, TV...

I need your power to give me the result that I'm expecting although i said I prepared to sink before.

(Coz i invested all my capital in to this dramaland of CHOICE so I can't withdrawal it, just move forward...)

• Like 14

1 hour ago, liteulkwin said:

Omg I went to investigate what @sin921113 was talking about. I will provide the visuals. This is during episode 12 of Reply 1997 when Yoonjae and the boys are eating ramen at his house when this quote comes up:

http://i66.tinypic.com/34tae0z.png

And guess what they had just placed the ramen pot on?

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eywe4p.png

PD-NIM WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! @sin921113 you eagle eyes, you.

Supernatural_5a3404_5562815.gif

At first I was like ... "a R88 thing from R97?" lolwut are we high? 

But thank you @liteulkwin for grabbing the screencaps, and thank you @sin921113 for your amazing observation.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS. BUT DAMN IT'S SCARY. I'M SHIVERING AND CONFUSED AND KINDA AMAZED. I mean the *rational* explanation would be that every korean household has 1. ramyun 2. a baduk board. And that the baduk board would be a natural prop to use for that scene.

You could also say that the writer/PD remembered that scene from R97, and decided to replicated it in R88 as a throwback/tie in/cameo / joke (you know, when Dongryung runs in with ramyun and DS grabs Taek's baduk board and he's like *mute horror*.

BUT BUT to have the 1988 olympics linked to the original R97 scene?!?! wtf?

Have I died and gone to a weird alternate universe where drama writers are time lords? Da hell? Huh? huh? 

Thats+the+range+or+hours+of+playtime+put

• Like 16

1 hour ago, liteulkwin said:

Omg I went to investigate what @sin921113 was talking about. I will provide the visuals. This is during episode 12 of Reply 1997 when Yoonjae and the boys are eating ramen at his house when this quote comes up:

http://i66.tinypic.com/34tae0z.png

And guess what they had just placed the ramen pot on?

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eywe4p.png

PD-NIM WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! @sin921113 you eagle eyes, you.

I remember cringing when I saw this scene in Reply 1997. I thought, what, baduk board for ramen pot placement???? How very careless.. lol. And then WHAM the writer redeemed herself with DS's scene when she tried to use TK's portable baduk board as the base for DR's ramen, earning her a "YA!!" from her friends and TK's cringing. Lol...

It's like meta within meta within meta within meta. *Brainded*

Is this a prophecy from the past/future? *insert Xfiles music*

Thanks for your sharp and keen eyes guys @sin921113 and @liteulkwin

• Like 20

I have to post something from dramabeans. 

“Deok-sun runs up behind Taek when she sees him ahead of her on their street, and tells him that he must’ve had a hard day, and that he did a good job. It seems like exactly the thing he needed to hear (or maybe it’s just the person he needed to see), and he smiles and takes a decisive step forward.
She’s surprised when he holds onto her arm, and then he starts to lean in like he’s going to kiss her…. Omo. Omo.
But then he just rests his head on her shoulder and stays like that for a little while, and she stammers that he worked hard, and he smiles.”
[credit: dramabeans]

I love dramabeans. I think she and her team do an awesome job with the recap. But people here at soompi must keep in mind their limitations. Because of the time constraints – they upload their recap speedily for the benefit of the non-Korean speakers – they don’t have time to write it like a romance novel (lol) or analyze the different layers of a scenes. They only narrate the story as they see it, and of course, they bring their own biases when writing. 

Which is perfectly fine!  I’d be worried if they don’t have biases. Like, what? Are their brains sieves that cannot retain past recollections of likes and dislikes? 

I can understand why JH-DS shippers would agree with dramabeans. dramabeans sees an exhausted guy, momentarily cheered up to see the girl he likes, approaching the girl and resting his weary head on the girl. Nothing more, nothing less. :D

But frankly I don’t understand why the TK-DS didn’t bother to CONTEST that point of view. lol?  Or maybe it’s because I'm trained to argue reasonable doubt that I don't mind questioning things?

Here is an alternative way of looking at this scene --  

It’s 11:00 pm. TK’s shuffling his feet as he walked down the street. How long had it been since his ride dropped him off? Was he waiting for her? She saw and she ran up to greet him brightly. Considering it was already 11 at night, she looked the same way she did when she left the house that morning.  She immediately cheered him up – which was interesting because it meant that she knew of the baduk results before their encounter. Did she check up on it herself? Or did she hear about it on the street on the way home? Her brother who was a baduk/TK fan had just heard of it on the 11:00 news. 

She said with a wide smile.  “Hey, Master Choi! Chin up!” 

He smiled, BUT note this: he WASN’T smiling AT HER. He was smiling downwards, as if there was something amusing him. Do you understand the difference?

“Hey! Walk with your chest held high, at least. And lift your head!” she insisted earnestly.  She tried to make eye contact with him.

He finally looked up and stared at her with a dopey smile. She stopped talking. Her smile wavered a bit, and she began to blink. She looked at him, eyes widening and  eyebrows raised. 

Then, he took a step closer. Suddenly, the mood changed. She was looking down now, her eyes weren’t searching for his anymore. Her voice changed too. It was lower. Huskier? 

“Oh…I bet you had a really tough time today.”
Taek steadily gazed at her, but she kept her eyes averted. She also kept blabbering, as if to fill the silence. “Well, yeah…losses happen…”
Without a word, he took his hands out of his pockets, and he reached out to hold her wrists, gripping them. He took another step. She was finally quiet. He leaned in; dropped his head onto her shoulder. She seemed to catch it with her neck. 

[The camera focused on his face.] 
His head was resting on her shoulder, his face expressionless.
She stuttered. Her voice was hesitant, softer, totally different from the chirpy voice she had used early. “You… you worked hard.” 
And he smiled widely.

See the difference between this one and dramabeans?  Because of what dramabeans wrote, most people didn’t see the nuance of their brief encounter. Moreover, the impression planted in the readers’ heads was that TK merely sought a comfy shoulder pillow buddy. Look, if you're a shipper for TK-DS, you shouldn't be accepting that kind of interpretation passively. lol. That's a very superficial way of looking at the script. You have to dig in deeper. 

See these points:

1) When she crept up to him and started talking, he was secretly smiling, NOT because he was happy to see HER, but because HE knew what she was up to: trying to cheer him up. He's been doing this all the time. He smiles even when she's not looking at him. Just check out the beach scene. Or the banana scene with NoEul.

2) When he looked dopily at her, it wasn’t because he was so tired that he couldn’t focused his eyes. True, he was tired. But he was wryly amused by her efforts. No fool [and he's a genius] stares a girl like that for more 2 seconds without a thought entering his mind. A thought must be running in his head. lol. Like, should I kiss her? Will that get me slapped hard on the face? Maybe I should just check it out another day.

3) One thing for sure, Taek was thinking, muzzily, “This girl’s so cute.” Remember? He finds her cute all the time, even with the mice caper.   

4) When DS started blinking, her voice lowered, and she stammered, it was obvious that she felt nervous, disconcerted, unsettled. 

But why? 

If this was her friend she’s always felt motherly for -- as others claim -- then this was the perfect time to turn on that maternal love full blast. Like, pat his back, brush his hair, offer him milk and banana, babytalk, wipe his snot, coo… whatever. But she wouldn't be feeling like this all flustered and nervous, if her feelings were simply motherly. 

5) Finally, when he laid his head on her shoulder, sure, he was resting. But he definitely wasn’t dozing. Look: just because somebody’s face is expressionless doesn’t mean it’s not paying attention. Still water runs deep. 

Taek could have very well been waiting. Waiting for the next move. Waiting for a reaction from her. Waiting for the moment to pass, Or waiting for the moment of connection.

6) And when she stumbled on her next words, he knew. That was why he smiled. 

He didn’t smile because “Ahhhh! She appreciates how hard I worked today.” Nope! lol. What is he?? A kindergartner who needs recognition for his hard work? He had TROPHIES for his hard work. And accolades.  And millions of won. And liquor….let’s not forget liquor….

He smiled because he heard the confusion in her voice, her uncertainty, her awkwardness. 

Look: if you’re a boy in love, that’s what you’re looking for in a girl whose affection you’re also unsure of.You want to know that you haven’t left her cold or that she treats you like one of her “pet cases”.  Do you understand that? 

And Taec received confirmation. Hence, the smile. 

That was why the following day it was just fitting that TK greeted DS with that stupid syrupy silly sickening smarmy “Deok-sun, anyeeong.”  [So uncool. ugh!] 

But did YOU get the joke by scriptwriter?  

Last night, DS did all the talking. If you listen to the YT clip again, TK was silent throughout that encounter. SHE was the one making a fool of herself with her blabbering and stammering and sudden nervousness. This morning, as payback, it's TK who was looking foolish.

Hi! Roommates, I'm not sure if @shooastrid already shared this analysis from @packmule3 .....

She always have a brilliant analysis, glad that she's putting her effort to use her expertise in analyzing the scenes and share to us..She's a neutral and ship on script it just her analysis result is end positive in our side... ^^

@packmule3 indeed.. your definitely well  trained to argue reasonable doubt things..hihihihi! other shipper thinks that your a lawyer..hihihihi^ _____^

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mangachickava said:

has the writer planned this from the start

for YEARSSSSS O.O

i got *shivers*

LOL LIKE SHE KNEW SHE'S GONNA WRITE A TRILOGY AND HAD HER MAIN CHARACTERS  HUSBANDS PICKED OUT.

Maybe not as crazy an idea as it sounds? She did throw out these reply series in relatively quick succession, almost as if they are planned as a trilogy. 

Can someone please grab the screencaps for the corresponding R88 scene?! Please?!

• Like 12

To add my point 

2 hours ago, lxands said:

Its the older actor's voice, no doubt...its just the other camp to look for clue which so far had been pointing to Taek, even the intonation of the older husband similar to Taek's.

I think the biggest clue from the future is:-

1) Hubby smokes...we know for sure Taek smokes. Thus far SW, JH & DR are not smokers. They might develop the habit in later years but for JH we tentatively know he can't smoke because of his    weak immune system body. Having a brother with a major heart problem its very unlikely he wud develope a bad habit that would affect his health.

2) Left handed hubby... So far its been twice the old hubby was implies as left-handed which is only Taek in the group.

3) DS secret crush/chocolate thingy....hubby was clueless abt wifey past  that happened over 20 years 

4) Hubby lowered speech to NE....other than TK, the rest of the group had known NE since his birth, so I can't imagine any of them speak formally to the infant NE. 

5) Jan 1989 photo....the troll was JH-DS photo booth had a date on it as the background, so many jump to conclusion its JH pic until someone point out it was on the wrong side. Now we see & confirm TK-DS pic had a date too & on the right side. Sure the PD/writer loves to troll but I'm sure he won't waste his precious airtime to do troll for the same scene twice. I think by now the PD has already starting to reveal the actual clue behind the trolls. I can't imagine the PD wud still dwedle on the pic when there are many other trolls & important event to reveal. 

Also I bet in the last 2 episodes it will be full of DS-hubby sweet moments, just like it was in the previous 2 installments. Thus there's no time to develops JH-DS bonding to be at par as TK-DS, especially in the few last episodes it really shows Taek as the husband in the making. On how he started to curse, how he started to tease DS like the rest, how DS started being rough & hit him, how despite his clumsiness when with the group, he's the most mature of all (note: at most highest authoritative people the rest of the gang deal with are their school's dean & police officers while TK dealt directly with the hospital chairman& the ppeople of his ranks/positions. He earned their respect not just becos he's a genius but becos he earned their respect in general). And we begin to see that side of him in the recent episodes. If he isn't the husband what's the point the PD taking too much air time showing TK's side that DS never know before? Just sum thing to ponder....

• Like 12

wow so many great finds and analysis. really enjoyed reading them all. I wish I am blessed with eagle eyes to provide some more clues but sadly I'm not that much of an observant person. hahaha. and reading @packmule3's post really made me open up my eyes on things that I have simply glossed over. Such a great post!

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, shooastrid said:

I remember cringing when I saw this scene in Reply 1997. I thought, what, baduk board for ramen pot placement???? How very careless.. lol. And then WHAM the writer redeemed herself with DS's scene when she tried to use TK's portable baduk board as the base for DR's ramen, earning her a "YA!!" from her friends and TK's cringing. Lol...

It's like meta within meta within meta within meta. *Brainded*

Is this a prophecy from the past/future? *insert Xfiles music*

Thanks for your sharp and keen eyes guys @sin921113 and @liteulkwin

So this time we should watch carefully because sth could be the subject of next Reply Drama?

PIZZA?

OR BAGS?

OR SHOES?

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, shooastrid said:

This is what I thought too, and was nodding along (feeling all reasonable) at the train of thought.

But still, this crazy bit remains: the original R97 dialogue mentions 1988 olympics during that particular scene. 

... ???

.. I guess another 'rational' explanation is that 1988 olympics is a social-cultural phenom in south korea, and might be a regularly used household reference that could pop up in conversation.

But IF taek turns out to be husband, how cool would it be for @sin921113 to figure out that Reply husbands have been chosen all along. LOL I'm so taeken with this idea right now. 

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, moonkeeper said:

Random question roommates:

WHY AM1997/AM1994/ AM1988/ are the title of this dramas??

Why Answer Me? Why Reply Me?

Any thoughts guys? ^^

I wonder too why the title is Answer Me or Reply. Someone said that it is the answer of PDnim towards the drama, if i'm not mistaken. Hehe

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, niniiinggg said:

I wonder too why the title is Answer Me or Reply. Someone said that it is the answer of PDnim towards the drama, if i'm not mistaken. Hehe

Because there is NOONE ANSWER US so far, then we keep asking

"ANSWER MEEEE!!!!"

• Like 13

so we know that:

1)the writer wrote reply 1994 first

2) waited two years for the main actor, during which she finished writing/editing reply 1997 so it could be aired

3) as reply 1997 was being filmed the writer would be free mostly to write or begin writing reply 1988...

4) writer obviously close to the director, probably shared her ideas for reply 1988 while he was filming reply 1997

5) director inserts the first "clue"

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, libra83 said:

Because there is NOONE ANSWER US so far, then we keep asking

"ANSWER MEEEE!!!!"

LOL @libra83  hahahhahahaha!!nice!

Guys keep sharing your thoughts, we might figure out something from this.. ^^

Why every time i heard the "answer me", next thing will come on my mind is telephone...hihihihih..^^

• Like 6

Okay this is kinda a funny thought but....

Taek and Deoksun pretty much experienced the aspects of a typical relationship via their phone calls to each other.

So what are the  typical things which a relationship involves? First a confession so that's when the relationship usually starts, then there's ofcourse the typical misunderstanding/miscommunication problems in a relationship. and there's a standard breakup situation in a relationship. and some who are lucky enough will be able to patch things back up again.

Okay remember episode 6 movie date phone call scene? That can be seen as a sorta confession phase of a relationship.

Then the next phone call scene regarding the glove gift. That is the misunderstanding/miscommunication phase of a relationship.

and now the recent phone call scene of Taek cancelling their date with tears in his eyes. It is reminiscent to a break up phase in a relationship.

so now I'm wondering if there will be another phone call scene of them in the future. Which if lucky enough, would be the one to determine whether they will be together or not.

• Like 23

@Meliere @liteulkwin @sin921113 WOW. WOW. SPEECHLESS BUT WOW. 200_s.gif

Anyway if i recall correctly, there's an article that mentioned how R1994 was supposed to be the first one of the franchise instead of R1997, but they wanted to wait for Jung Woo who was in the military at that time. So maybe they do plan things backwards :) #SHINALIEN 

---

BTW, THE VERDICT IS OUT!! THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN AND THEY WANT THE HAIR GEL TO GRACE OUR BELOVED BADUK MASTER'S HAIR. Sorry @allegramente, but let's just sit back and see what TK's hair is gonna look like in 1994 :rolleyes: #maybethebowlstays 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_29_54_PM.pn

• Like 22