Quantcast

Oh god i love this thread! <3

Thank you @Meliere for your always inspiring post! I always feel refreshed reading it, and i do believe it's quite true. 

If you ask random anyone to watch the series, i think the first thing that comes to their mind is also "JH is the husband" and be confident of it, which is based from the lots of too obvious clues gathered here and there. However, once you reanalyzed it again, Taek's story development will suddenly make you lose that confidence if you're not dense. He really shaped up to be a qualified contender for the end game.

What's more, it's really up to DS now. It's not like we always know DS likes certain someone from the start of the series, no, the writer purposely made DS looks like a girl that has no confidence on herself, but acts tough. I bet if she truly likes someone, she won't make it looks as obvious as when she is about the two boys (SW and JH). I won't be surprised (rather, i hope) if the writer played the "I always like him all this time, but i don't think this love will go anywhere because he's so amazing compared to this worthless me, so i'll kept reaally quiet about this to not destroy our relationship right now" towards Taek. :wub:

Oh this is bad, i started hoping too much for TK to be the end game, i should keep it low again and just have the baduk etiquette now. Blank face.... :mellow: 

• Like 17

Hello everyone, i've been a silent reader on this thread. you're all amazing with all the analyses. Daebak! B) thumbs up for all of you, guys

since the beginning, i've fallen for the character of taek, tho at first i believe JH would be the end game, but as time passed, i put a belief that taek could be the end game. :phew: 

one thing in my mind, in ep 16 where DR joined the national dance competition accompanied by JH and SW, JH could remember the names of the participants. If we refer to the present DS & husband, the husband forgot what year the concert he attended. If he husband is JH, could he forget that, while the name of the participants DR joined he could exactly remember?

Finally i made an account on soompi bcs of this ship :P what i like from this thread is that we all really enjoy this ship, no matter what :D

have a wonderful day, everyone :lol:

• Like 17

I'm starting to see a funny pattern that DS is acting just like JH...  

You say bad things about the one u like when your friends say nice things about them... * god of idiots*

Forget afraid to let her friends be alone with him,she denies all access lol ( Jh dun let DS alone with SW or DR... Ironically he dun see Taek as a threat and left them on the beach where they had the BEST DATE EVER in kdramaland) lol

I'm working now can't think of more... Pls anyone feel free to think and add on pls :w00t:

• Like 12

@hafunohane .... oh yeah... keep 'em coming! ...

51 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

However, in the 2015 scene, BR sounds like a completely different person just from the tone of her voice alone. I lost count how many times BR raised her voice in EP 6, so the contrast with her 2015 self is a shocker. That shows that in the span of 27 years, someone can change THAT much.

Also, the future Bora keeps the smoking habit... as if to tell us, "This 'clue' (in the husband and Bora) stays!"

I think I'll happily go through this week camping in this thread...

@Meliere ... oh, no. The profession do more harm in my understanding Kdramas... the one thing I learned most in that profession is that... there should be exceptions to rules.. So even with all the parallels, foreshadowing, structures and rules the  writer has put in his or her fictional world, at the back of my mind, there is still the evil voice whispering, "Maybe Taek is the exception..."

• Like 15

Heavens be.. The preview is out. 

It's freaking 4am here in my country. And my heart is beating so fast. The adrenaline for the preview is just....

• Like 16

@lovelyrainy. Thanks Chingu what a surprise!!

I think JH asked if Taek saw what was inside his wallet and Taek answered No. JB and SW said something about wishes. I don't know what was  blabbering DS's friends about Taek please not again... Aigoo why are they seem on the verge of they crying TT 

--- JH says my wish is...

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, raphelancia said:

Omo omo omoo, what happened theeere?! :o

Gawd i think i never really wait for a drama episode as anxious as this. This is not good for my heart.

All I can guess is lots of angst, "pretention", tears, disappointments and guru's advice are coming :( Seems like JH will have a conversation with TK but I'm not sure it's regarding the love triangle. I can barely understand JH asks TK something and TK says "No" with a cold face.

I guess the title is "Life is an Irony-Part 2" as many of us guessed but I don't understand the text preview

17화. 인생이란 아이러니 - Ⅱ

별똥별 떨어지는 어느 날. 
소중한 사람과 함께 소원을 비는 골목길 사람들. 
그들이 이루고 싶은 소원은?

택의 고백 불발 이후 처음으로 마주하게 된 정환과 택. 
둘 사이엔 어색한 기운이 감도는데...

<응답하라 1988>
매주 금·토 저녁 7:50 방송

Oh blue_angel posted the translation on the main thread

Text Preview for Episode 17: Irony of Life - Part II

On a day when there is a meteor shower, the neighborhood people make a wish together upon the shooting star. 

What are their wishes?

For the first time since Taek's confession plan fell through, Junghwan and Taek meet face to face. 

Awkwardness looms in the air between them...

@blue_angel_1004 thank you so much :) wow there are lots of things suspended in the next ep. Would you mind translating what the characters say too? Thanks so much :) I'm sorry if that will trouble you :( 

• Like 14

Preview!!!!!! I am just happy to see Taek. :P

R we being troll with a bed scene between Taek DS?

I also tot JH ask Taek abt DS. DS looks sad helpless at departing Taek, n Taek like he dragging himself home.

Somehow, i really wan see Taek compete less baduk. Poor little darling.

• Like 12

OMMMMGGG... that preview!! hot angsty taek and is that a suntaek "bed" scene? O writer, say it is so!! :heart::heart:

@hafunohane Your. Post. Gahhh ... I wish I didn't have a gazillion work related things to do. Because all I want to do right now is spazz over your crazy smart observations. THANK YOU!!! I remember having this itching feeling that SW-BR and DS-TK could be mirror images, but couldn't put it into words. You've basically said everything I wish I could have figured out or seen but couldn't. The fact that TK is so in on the SW-BR relationship makes so much sense now. :wub::w00t:

1 hour ago, allegramente said:

I think I'll happily go through this week camping in this thread...

IT IS A PARTY HERE IN TAEK'S ROOM. ALL WE NEED IS AN 80S DISCO BALL... YAH CHOI TAEK, WHERE'S YOUR WALLET?

• Like 20

Thank you so much @blue_angel_1004 for the video translation (on the main thread)

JH: Did you open my wallet by any chance?

TK: No. I didn't see. 

Joey Wong: Choi Taek, that Baduki, sees… you as as a total pushover. [Note: "Baduki" is the nickname that Joey Wong and Maggie Cheung call Taek. It's a play on the game "baduk", but Baduki is also a common name for a dog with spots, similar to "Spotty"] 

DS: What?

JB: Lil' bro, if you make a wish upon a falling star, it'll all come true!

SW: Noona, did you make a wish?

JH: My wish is...

• Like 15

I think the JH boner signified the fact that JH saw DS from 'it' to 'girl'.

I just want to see when that happen to TK. DS is always a friend and it would be nice to see a flashback on when he started to see her as a woman. 

But seeing how easy it is for them to let go of her in the name of friendship, I think their love for her at the moment is just puppy love. 

I am excited for episode 17. I have a feeling it would be love triangle centric. Since JH have been in the back burner for a long time, I think he'll come back to the fore in ep 17. His story is too attached to the love triangle and I think it is about time for us to see what he wants to be or plans in the future. My prediction for episode 17: Someone will move on with their feelings. Someone cannot forget about their first love & first heartbreak. Someone will confess and get turn down. And someone will realize what they want. 

• Like 15

I'm going nuts. Is there anyone here with video editing knowledge??? Can you tell if that "bed" scene is fo realz? My heart will collapse if we get trolled. 

18 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

Joey Wong: Choi Taek, that Baduki, sees… you as as a total pushover. [Note: "Baduki" is the nickname that Joey Wong and Maggie Cheung call Taek. It's a play on the game "baduk", but Baduki is also a common name for a dog with spots, similar to "Spotty"] 

She thinks TAEK sees DEOKSUN as a total pushover? :w00t::rolleyes: Suddenly DR belongs to a totally different league. 

ALSO I KNOW I'VE BEEN LAUGHING AT THE COLOR THEORY. BUT DANG THAT LAST FRAME IN THE PREVIEW WITH JH SET AGAINST A LIGHTED BLUE WINDOW/BACKDROP. .... :phew:B)

• Like 20

Don't you think they're  lying down oposite sides I mean not side by side it's only pillow part that they share

-------> Taek

.              DS <--------

Lol

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Don't you think they're  lying down oposite sides I mean not side by side it's only pillow part that they share

-------> Taek

Lol

Yeah I guess they are lying at separate locations (in their own rooms may be) but they are "virtually" facing each other and thinking about something as DS seems angry while TK is about to cry. In TK's lying scene, next to him is some black thing that I don't think it's DS's hair, maybe it's his baduk bowl?

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

-------> Taek

Lol

YOU'RE RIGHT. DAMN IT.

LOL I WAS SO EXCITED I IGNORED BASIC RULES OF SYMMETRY. :cold_sweat:

... maybe they're lying down spooning  popsicle style, with Taek staring at DS's back (or vice versa)?? bwahaha my *delulu* shipper heart

• Like 10