Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@mustardmaimai i really understand your concern with taek's competitiveness, DR used to say it's not incidental that taek choose baduk as his career, that's thing he wants to challenge himself as baduk is one of the most difficult intelligent sports. From DR's point of view, i think that reason why taek choose baduk does not root from his preference but from his competitiveness. Baduk can satisfy his passion. Stimes, pp dont show their happiness just bc they win, but i do believe that from the deep inside their heart, they can smile sweetly. i really appreciate his characteristics, that's why all his rivals respect him admirably.

regarding to his romantic relationships, it's not easy to see his competitiveness which is considered as his advantage on this triple-relations, right? but in my opinion, he actually showed it to us through his tears at the end of episode 16. Why didnt he cancel the movie date with DS after he realized JH's feeling? Even after that, he did remind DS for that date and absolutely confirm with DS abt D-date! Actually, because of his competitiveness, he could not cancel it, yep, he wants to win DS's heart. But what is the result? He took a step back at the end! that is time his friend's heart win his competitiveness. we dun know how much he has to struggle with himself to decide what he should do? If he's not too competitive, he can be easy to handle it, he can found his friend feeling and then settle it like a good friend too. But it's not. He has to struggle even to his last minutes. That's when those precious tears falling out. 

To him, DS is too precious to let her go, and JH/ot5 friendships are also too precious, he cannot lose anyone, he cannot stand it, he cannot handle it. That's his competitiveness in that relations.

As i remember, Taek really let his tears fall out, first, when he missed his mother and second one is when he has to choose between love and friendship!

Anw, Damn, why should we have to choose between those things like that? I hate it! >.< :confounded:

• Like 16

Part 5~ I think this will be my last for tonight (its getting late here so I have to sleep soon :D and net is getting bad). I don't know if I'll do reactions again tomorrow but thank you for letting me share my thoughts and for correcting my mistakes :> (sorry again for those x<)

Oh and during my first watch I thought DS was lonely when her friends weren't with her during the field trip ('cause they injured themsevles) and even thought she got lost and rode the wrong bus but now I see that she was actually looking for the bus that the guys are on to ask about the talent show. and Its heart breaking to see DS appa hear his only son being called out by his friends with such a derogatory nickname. It makes him blame himself how he can't give the good things to his children because of their financial situation. My family's situation is quite similar to them in a way where I know that my dad wants to provide more for us but he just can't because of the circumstances so it makes me sad to see DS appa like that because he reminds me of my dad.

on another note about the dads, I think DR appa and JH appa should form a comedy duo :)) they're funny and I like them :D

I have a sudden thought about JH's blossoming attraction towards DS. At the beginning, the music that played was nothing sexual, it was more serene. DS was resting her head against JH like he was somewhere safe. What if JH did realize that DS is not just some childhood friend but a girl in the sense where her height is different from his, her body is much smaller and the other idea of her having a chest but again, I don't think its likely since later on they subtly show him getting aroused. Maybe even if it did started like that he then starts to notice the little things about DS and thus falling for her (because DS is a nice girl and she is cute when she's not angry and acting brute)

I feel bad for DR appa 'cause he got fooled by his friend who he thought was good :( but the Kim family were really adorable when they one the lottery, DR too :)) hehe

Haaa~ this drama is really good. Thank you again everyone ^^ only a few more days and we'll get to see a new episode from the series~ YAY!!

• Like 11

Anything can happen. Anything guys. I dont really understand No Eul song can relate to Taek.I just dont really feel. I dont know if its for Junghwan. But the scene talking about Taek anyway. 

But I really like the Stevie Wonder- I just called to say I love you. It just potray the scene. I keep listening to the song afterward even download it. But the guy who sing it had me awed with his voice. But I too, like DR voice. When the judge stop him at the first line made me cracking up. Was soo ufunny. Luckily we had scene him sing the song in the classroom. I just hope to hear DR sing the full song.

• Like 10

Can't wait for the flashbacks that will make us realise that Taek is the hubby >< (Plz Pd-nim make it possible T_T) I believe that the chocolate scene was well planned...they always do this in Reply someone will return and check his bag or something...as for the time skip...I thought of something...well it's just a guess...what if Taek go to the army to distance himself from Doksun ._. (Im going too far Lol but the gang must go someday except for Sunwoo since he's the only man in the household unless his mom marry Mr.Choi before that ...Jungbong too since he's sick .__.) It's crazy the more we wait for the next ep the more we found ourselves coming up with new (nonsensical ?)guesses lol

• Like 9

Can I just say how much I love this drama and all the tiny consistent details?? DS cuts stuff up the same way from Ep2 till Ep9 - Taking one third hahahaha ( *wags eyebrows* 3rd !!)

Ok i'll go sleep now...good night everyone! I love being on this ship with you all!! ... This is the most fun I ever had watching a drama....its like an interactive drama isn't it? A game within a great drama.... How to beat that lol 

hnZLBo.jpg

• Like 13

Ok one last one for the road.... 

regarding Chocolate : 

Don't freak out everyone...but when I was screen grabbing the wardrobe of our dear DS and TK I unfortunately saw these scenes.... BUT I have an interpretation... 

Ep2: She gave to SW ( she did, just watch the last part of Ep2 pls ) 

Ep13: DS was holding it when she got JH to hold her hand

Ep14: She was at JH's house when she told him about JB dating her friend

Ep15: DS was holding JB's love chocolate for Mi-Ok... 

p8PO8xXZj

I am guessing Chocolate stands for crush...its sweet and nice... ( ok its also probably product placement lol )

But I can't remember who is the genius shipper ( I am sorry I think I read your post at work and didn't get to reply then) who observed that Coffee seems to be the item symbolizing OUR SHIP OTP... - can be sweet but coffee can also be bitter! And if you notice, it keeps appearing between DS and TK scenes... At the beach 10, at his house ep11 where he was clingy, oh recently the ep15 where she goes into his room and picks up the tray, the coffee and the coffee mix is there too.... ( aaaand in the future where adult DS and her hubby drink COFFEE *hehe* ) - I can't remember now, anyone pls add if you noticed it ... =D

• Like 15

...about the chocolate thingy.. that has got me confused since I re-watched all episodes... so on EP 1 Future DS narrated that during the gang's introduction that it was her 27 years ago!! Sept. 1988. then when they finally revealed Lee Mi-Yeon ( she is the future DS right??) it's present time Nov. 2015 and this is the same month on the Future couple interview on EP 2. So then we were shown that DS left the chocolate on the bag behind JJ assuming it was SW's but then future DS said this.. CX41QybUEAQScrS.png

on EP 2 DS already celebrated her 18th birthday right? so doing the math... ( i hope i am right lol.. i hate this subject hahahah) at present time the couple is 45 years old making DS born in 1970 right?  so supposedly "it's been almost 30 years" so the chocolate incident happened way before "the show started" around when they were 15 or 16 years old?!  was it just a random assumption or mistake by future DS since she did not give the exact years that has passed.. or did PD-nim and writer-nim just made a mistake or i am just over analyzing things??

aigoo sorry i was just confused... did I make sense??!!!

just a rumor tho.. but my bogumxhyeri heart cracked... :o

Spoiler

CX4koe2UQAEFd2H.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, uzzie-zera said:

...about the chocolate thingy.. that has got me confused since I re-watched all episodes... so on EP 1 Future DS narrated that during the gang's introduction that it was her 27 years ago!! Sept. 1988. then when they finally revealed Lee Mi-Yeon ( she is the future DS right??) it's present time Nov. 2015 and this is the same month on the Future couple interview on EP 2. So then we were shown that DS left the chocolate on the bag behind JJ assuming it was SW's but then future DS said this.. CX41QybUEAQScrS.png

on EP 2 DS already celebrated her 18th birthday right? so doing the math... ( i hope i am right lol.. i hate this subject hahahah) at present time the couple is 45 years old making DS born in 1970 right?  so supposedly "it's been almost 30 years" so the chocolate incident happened way before "the show started" around when they were 15 or 16 years old?!  was it just a random assumption or mistake by future DS since she did not give the exact years that has passed.. or did PD-nim and writer-nim just made a mistake or i am just over analyzing things??

aigoo sorry i was just confused... did I make sense??!!!

just a rumor tho.. but my bogumxhyeri heart cracked... :o

Hide contents

CX4koe2UQAEFd2H.jpg

yes i also heard the rumor.

If they're true couple, so yeah we'll just have to keep professional for taking Bogum x Hyeri are close colleague. And we have to cherish for bogummy's relationship.

But bcs it hasnt confirm yet, lets just hope for the best for him.

And my negative thinking that its just media play for taking Park Bogum's image when he's so popular right now.

But i dont know, we dont know the truth i mean.

Lets just root what the best things for him.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, st4rdust said:

@mustardmaimai CHECK OUT Taek's little fist pump after he wins not having to cook ramyun LOL

Sorry to take out the gif although I'm a thousand of thousand times wanna keep this gif appeared.

It's because this scene make me miss our childhood so much...and the more I love this friendship, I don't wanna anyone of them get hurt. No one should get hurt for the hunting game.

PD nim, should we play a scissor game like this to decide who will be the husband?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, st4rdust said:

But I can't remember who is the genius shipper ( I am sorry I think I read your post at work and didn't get to reply then) who observed that Coffee seems to be the item symbolizing OUR SHIP OTP... - can be sweet but coffee can also be bitter! And if you notice, it keeps appearing between DS and TK scenes... At the beach 10, at his house ep11 where he was clingy, oh recently the ep15 where she goes into his room and picks up the tray, the coffee and the coffee mix is there too.... ( aaaand in the future where adult DS and her hubby drink COFFEE *hehe* ) - I can't remember now, anyone pls add if you noticed it ... =D

DS is also making coffee on the first day of snow when she finds out SW likes BR...there is actually a few times the camera pans on the coffee mug that was left unmade i think...

• Like 6

On 1/3/2016 at 1:42 PM, sartikam said:

I see differently from you. Firstly Taek was among the first tht being introduced. Look closely , when adult DS first made the introduction the clock struck 6, and one by one being call by their family. Taek was left behind because IT IS HIS HOUSE and they introduced his only family member, his dad.  Then it follow to the Sung family & she started introducing BR & NE. Come to think of it when she started introducing all of them, they were inTaek's room, this cud imply that all 4 of them are part of Taek's family as we later on find out how freely they come & go into Taek's house & room with or without him present. They even cook & study there. Then after the Sung it goes to the kims and followed by SW's family, then back again to the Choi, then the Sung, the Kim & SW's family...

So i dun see why Taek isnt the leading man for R88" especially PBG was named as the eading man by the tv Network itself. PD Shin said there's no husband hunting too this time around, but he didnt eleborate further. People just jump to conclusion it JH becos of the stereotype bickering couple, also that JH develope hots for DS after their bodies was press closely together. Its was uncomfortable for DS but it was awareness for JH. Awareness that DS is a woman who can stirr his manly needs. However they forget the 27 years time different and almost everyone goes tru changes in that much period. So i suspect what the PD meant is that if he has annouce the male lead beforehand how cud they be a husband hunting? PBG & GKP were announced as the male lead right after Girl's Day Hyeri as the female lead so surely either one would be her leading man , so by ep 6 we already know GKP love interest is HR's character older sister, that leaves PBG as her leading man, so why JH is the leading man here? Just check out the script reading clip, the sitting arrangement. Didnt  PBG sat next to PD Shin, GKP next to him & RJY next to GKP? It showed already who's the lead here.

Different for R94, both JW & YYS were named as the leading man right from start. Both were doing heavy load promotions alongside GAR . Anyway PD Shin is one genius PD. Reply 97 was phenomenal. When he said there's gonna be Reply 94, many were sceptical yet he proof for the first time in Kora season 2 can be as popular. However the only concept  he keeps is flashbacks, and also he maintained the 2 senior stars as regular on his Reply series as parents of the female lead. That's the only similarity I see in the previous Reply series which was why both the drama  become so successful. Thus I'm confident the bickering old married couple in 2015 didn't start off as a bickering couple. They started to bicker after years of living together, just like most couple do.

Also I dun think DS was attractd to JH. She was into him becos she thought he is interested in her. However her possessiveness over Taek is genuine. Her concern & care for him is genuine too. Her awed & dissappoinment becos of him is genuine too. When she was in China, tho she has to wait long hours for him there wasnt a time that she was thinking or longing for JH. 

Abt the chocolate thingy. Check out the date of events becos what was shown wasn't in sequence. Though friends meet & suspect SW likes DS was shown in ep 3, andd the chocolate scene was in ep 2, check out kim's appa recording handycam dated 24/9/1988. The opening ceremony which DS participated was on 17/9/1988. Listen closely to what SW said. He asked DS if she didnt have rehearsal that day, she said she has after lunch! Meaning this conversation & friends suspicion happened before September 17, while DS secretly put the chocolate into SW's bag on September 22, so she already believe she's  in love with SW when she put the chocolate into his  bag, also there's no doubt SW was DS's first love as she narrated HERSELF, "That's how MY first love started"  during her flashback scene with SW. It was already crystal clear here who was her first love or first crush regardless who her husband is.

• Like 16

Hey, fellow dweller's of Taek's room! Are we all warm and toasty underneath his blankie?

How did we all survive this weekend without any new R88? (Waaaah! :tears:)

I just had a few random thoughts I wanted to share:

- So I thought about the pink gloves again. I wonder if JH ever had a moment when he saw DS wearing the mittens (instead of the fingered-gloves he got her) and feeling sad that she was not wearing his gloves after all?

- One thing that struck me about the entire (short) SW-DS love-cycle - she liked him then got swiftly thrown over for her sister:

The typical K-drama heroine would do her darndest to never let on that she liked him, so she can preserve her pride. She would just go cry alone somewhere. But our Duk-sunny wails and throws fits like a child. (Which was awesome, by the way.)

So as a result, did Sun-Woo ever figure out that DS liked him, and how did he feel about it?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that while we know JH saw the whole thing unfold (and his glorious reaction to it), I think another flashback will show that Taek was there, too.

Which would not be a surprise, really. The whole neighborhood probably heard it.

- I don't think the song (Nami's "Sad Fate") is specifically referencing anyone's relationship. It's just simply a good song from that particular time - it wasn't even current, I think it was released in 1986?

Anyway, it's just a good song. I once saw someone totally tear it up at a karaoke party. If you have a good voice, it is seriously a great karaoke song.

Anyway, the song lyrics are about literally a very sad, ruined relationship. It's like, "we're so bad for each other, but we just can't quit each other." I don't think it's specifically about anyone in the show - at least, I hope not.

- Another random thing I thought of: Jung-Bong is now about 25 years old, since he's been studying for his college exam for 7 years. And he's dating an 18-year-old? Okay, whoa.

- Anyone watch the KBS drama awards? Wow, Bo-Gum is a huge star, even winning awards for "I Remember You," which totally tanked in the ratings. (That is a shame. I heard it was pretty good.) But they only give awards for hit shows - e.g., "Blood" got nothing, not even any nominations for its stars. So that's a testament to Taek-power.

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2016!!!!    :heart:

• Like 15

@nearsea but i still curious why they only show us "ds voice?" I personally thinking if i like/ or curious about someone feeling toward me, i might have to open his wallet. Just in case. And Ds also have curious feeling wondering jh like her or not. Plus.

we need to remember,last scene ep 7 we heard ds narration after no eul tell her that gloves is from JH. "I was at the age when i no longer believed in santa or felt my heart flutter because of secret santa. I was at an age age when a present was secretly left behind or secretly conveyed gentleness wasnt enough to fulfill my expectations. Excitement that would probably escape up to the back of my throat and choke me if i were try and suppress it. Embarrasment that would probably make my heart explode if i were to admit to it. I was dying to make it obvious, but didn't want to get caught. (She was happy while using the gloves from JH) That was the excitement we felt back in 1988. We were 18 years old back then." Sometimes this word shot me in my heart. Ds said she wont make it obvious,that the reason why she didnt choose jh gloves. #sorry #this #word #might #be #killing #us #shot #us. 

Im so sorry i find this narration from ds.

• Like 9